Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 Due Dates and Appointments

1. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@LovelyPlum: So glad I get to be on the same board as you

2. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@pinkpeony921: Thank you Anytime, lady. I'm praying for all of us too!

3. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

Good Morning Ladies!

So last Friday I had a bit of spotting, so I called the nurseline to check in on it. My OB mentioned that I should call if I have any cramping+spotting so I was being over cautious. The spotting was so light, I knew it wasn't an issue but the nurse said to come into urgent care anyway to check things out.

Well, after checking things out we looked good! I had no bleeding actual just a *somecomplicatedword* cervix, which means it easily bleeds. I was able to get an early u/s (which the warning that we might not see anything) but were able to see a good size sac and MAYBE a yolk sac, although it was not super clear.

We're feeling good about that appt and I'm glad I went in! We're past our previous point when we last m/c'd so at least we've made it this far and are doing well. Baby steps! (Pun intended!) We measured where we should be at 5w 5d (this was on Friday, I'm now 6w2d.)

My updated first official appt is May 30th. They moved it up a little.

4. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

I called this morning to see if I could reschedule my first u/s (my husband's work schedule is terrible) ... I am 7w, 1d as of today, and she said next week was the very earliest they'd be able to see anything. I feel like that's not true ... especially because I have friends who have had u/s during weeks 6 and 7. My appointment is 8w, 2d, and while I'm fine with waiting, I just figured they could do it before.

This is the same doctor's office who explained 'conception' and 'cycle length' to me even though I told them I understand it all too well ... Maybe they count on their clients knowing NOTHING about pregnancy. Don't they know I'm on Helloobee??!?!

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@wahine08: oh, I am so glad things are.ok And hooray for seeing anything, even if it is little. Our appointments are on the same day now, though you're ahead of me...I'm 5w 5d today. I'm glad you are past the point from last time. We are too. It's still scary, but it feels good.

@VEGMAMA: seriously. Maybe you should set them straight

6. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thank you =) DH and I were saying how it feels like this entire pregnancy will feel scary and awesome at the same time the ENTIRE time, haha. One day at a time!

Can't wait to see that heartbeat, though. I'm so anxious for that day!

7. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@vegmama That is so strange, because I had an ultrasound (granted it was transvaginal) at 6 weeks 5 days and there was a heart beat and a tiny little dot of a baby. I have had a bad experience with a bad OB/GYN that started like that and it only got worse (let's just say that after passing the 1 hr glucose test, they made me do the 3 hour glucose - passed and then they decided that because I almost failed one of the hours, I needed to take the 3 hour AGAIN, I should have just left that practice when I had the initial bad reaction).

@wahine08 I'm so glad that everything is working out so well!!! I feel like the best thing during this first trimester is just feeling good about it!

8. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

@wahine08: Glad things are okay!

My EDD is January 23, and my first appointment is tomorrow (ahh!) to confirm, since my doctors office requires that. After that, I guess I'll be able to schedule my first "real" appointment.

Oh, and I'll be seeing a doctor.

9. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

When is your EDD? Jan 9

What appointment is next for you? I have my first ultrasound to see the heartbeat in two days

And for fun, Are you seeing a midwife or doctor? Currently seeing a local ob, but only out of convenience. We're moving in a month or so, and I'll find a midwife when we get there.

10. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@LizSmith: @amandalynn: yay, welcome!!

11. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@amandalynn: @LizSmith: Welcome and congrats!!

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Hey all! My EDD is January 26. In order to even schedule my first appointment with the OB at the hospital on base (DH is in the Navy) you have to have the pregnancy confirmed in the lab which I plan on doing on Friday since DH doesn't haven't to work so I won't have to bring DS. I plan on primarily seeing the same midwife who delivered DS but I'll try to see all the actual doctors also in case the midwife is unavailable and one of them has to deliver!

13. Penny Lane

nectarine / 2163 posts

@LizSmith: @amandalynn: @Navy_Mommy: congrats!!

@VEGMAMA: that is weird. I had a normal (like, not transvaginal) U/S at 6 weeks, and saw baby blob with its little heartbeat

14. Penny Lane

nectarine / 2163 posts

@wahine08: heh heh. "baby steps". I like it!

15. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Welcome to all the new mommas!! I will update in the next day or 2!

16. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@VEGMAMA: i had one at 6 weeks last pregnancy and they found a heartbeat just fine. I was in for spotting issues.

17. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So my first appointment is June 5 It's just an intake so I probably won't even get an ultrasound, but its still exciting!

18. Mrs. Garland

@Navy_Mommy: My intake appointment was more exciting than I thought it would be, haha. They gave me tons of information and took a ridiculous amount of blood (six vials!) for lab work. Of course, now I have to wait a whole month before my next appointment...ugh!

19. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

May I join?

When is your EDD?
    Jan 25

What appointment is next for you?
    I have my first ultrasound June 6

And for fun, Are you seeing a midwife or doctor?
    A doctor

20. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@lil owl: of course! congrats & welcome

21. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@lil owl: welcome!! We're due around the same day! Congrats

22. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@amandalynn: that does sound exciting!! That is a ton of blood though - ugh!! Hoping to avoid that part!

23. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Penny Lane: They said they wouldn't be able to see the yolk sac until tomorrow ... now that the appointment is tomorrow, I'm okay with waiting ONE MORE DAY!!

24. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Hi ladies!! I know a couple (a few?) of you have your appointments today. I wanted to send lots of warm wishes that you'll get to see your little one and a heartbeat! xoxo!

25. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

Ok, I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I'm sooooOOO nervous! I don't remember being this nervous with my other pregnancies.... I guess I feel like three healthy pregnancies is too much so it must be "my time" to lose one. I have no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight, oh wait, that won't be an issue hahaha. I have no idea how I'm going to occupy my time until 10 tomorrow morning....

26. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Had my first prenatal appointment today. Did more lab work & should get that tomorrow. The doctor was pissed because a nurse told me to stop taking my progesterone with out a Dr's order. When I asked what my do's & don'ts of pregnancy were he stated there weren't any. I asked if I could eat lunch meat & he said sure why not, you can eat tuna too. You would have to eat a 400# tuna to get a dangerous level of mercury in your system. I can eat what I want & exercise how I want & even have a glass of wine if I want....but all in moderation. He said exercise isn't going to make you miscarry, not having enough progesterone will, TAKE YOUR PROGESTERONE & come back in two weeks. The visit was very quick and the Dr seemed very sure of himself.

My BFF was shocked that he said all of that because she got a huge list of do's and don'ts.

It must have been baby day cause there were like 5 newborns there today so I asked a few mom's if they choose to labor with these Dr's or if they went with an Ob-Gyn. One was a nurse and said that most of the nurses at the hospital come see this group because they are that good. She said these dr's deliver more babies then the Ob-Gyn's in town & she feels more than comfortable staying where she is at. So with that in mind, what my dr said, & what my BFF & all the pregnancy books have said, I have no idea what to do other than TAKE MY PROGESTERONE!

27. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: Good luck tomorrow! Hope to hear good news

28. Mrs. Garland

@Sugar.Biscuit: Haha, well at least you don't have to stress about pissing your doctor off by eating a sandwich!

29. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@MamaBehr: My u/s is tomorrow, too!! I'll be thinking of you!

30. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Popping in to say that I am excited for everyone with ultrasounds tomorrow!! I hope you all get really good news. I'm headed in for a follow-up (what would have been my 7w appt) on Thursday. I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks for being awesome, ladies.

31. Mrs. Garland

@LovelyPlum: Good luck! Hopefully you'll get some helpful information!

I'm so jealous of everyone with ultrasounds today....my first one isn't until the end of June, when I'll be almost 10 weeks...it was the first available appointment! I'm hoping if I call in the week or two before, there will be a cancellation and I can go in early. I don't know if I can wait that long!

32. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

PRAISE THE LORD! My labs came back good & my betas increasing well.

33. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@amandalynn: I know that wait is hard. We're in week 9 right now, and they said today was the very earliest we could come in. 4 weeks was a long time to wait, but now that it's here, it seems like it flew by. You can do it!! Fingers crossed they'll let you come in early.

34. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: yay! So happy for you

35. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@amandalynn: I know how you feel! I will only get an ultrasound at 11 weeks if we do the NT scan. Insurance will cover it so we are going to do it just to see the baby!

@Sugar.Biscuit: yay!! Great news!

36. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

January Due Dates

1/1: Cram88
    1/2: Penny Lane
    1/3: MamaBehr
    1/4: CreativeMomma15
    1/5: Lindsay05
    1/7: VegMama
    1/8: Punky
    1/9: LizSmith
    1/12: PinkPeony921
    1/13: Wahine08
    1/14: SuziMo
    1/14: Honeydew
    1/17: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug
    1/18: EmsMems
    1/21: MrsH
    1/23: AmandaLynn
    1/24: CavalierKCs
    1/25: Lil Owl
    1/26: Navy_Mommy
    1/30: Sugar.Biscuit

Next Appointments

5/29: Vegmama
    5/30: Honeydew, Wahine08
    5/31: Punky
    6/3: Wahine08
    6/4: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug
    6/5: Navy_Mommy
    6/6: Lil Owl
    6/10: EmsMems
    6/12: CreativeMomma15, SuziMo, CavalierKCs
    6/19: MrsH

Our thoughts and love go out to:

Lovelyplum

37. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

I updated the list, let me know if anything needs to be changed... I feel like I messed up the appointments...

38. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

I had my appointment today and it looks GOOD! I got to see the baby, measuring 8 and a half weeks with a heart rate of 171 (or 175 I can't remember, but it was in the 170s). They changed my due date to Jan 5th, but everything looks fantastic! I even got to see the baby move! I am so happy and relieved

39. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@mamabehr. That is awesome to hear! I'm anxiously awaiting my first appointment which is tomorrow. It can't get here fast enough!

40. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MamaBehr: Woohoo!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee