Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 Due Dates and Appointments

1. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MamaBehr: sounds awesome!!! So exciting!

2. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@MamaBehr: Glad to hear everything went well! How fun!

3. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@MamaBehr: So happy for you!!

4. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

We got to see our baby today, too! Our doctor didn't tell us the heart rate, but we did get to see it beating.

We measured 2 days small, but she said she was going to keep our original due date.

Wishing all of you with upcoming appointments lots of good heat beats & healthy babies!

5. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So jealous of all these ladies getting to see their babies! June 5 can't come fast enough.

6. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@vegmama Did they do yours over the tummy or vaginally? I was so surprised at how much I could see! I could make out the head, arm nubs and leg nubs! It was so cool My doc also had some sort of thing so that I could hear the baby's heartbeat! I got a little teary

7. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@MamaBehr: so awesome!
    @VEGMAMA: yay!

8. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I know what you mean! I can't wait!

9. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: likewise we still have 6 weeks left before we get to see our baby. Ill have to get by with lab work in the mean time.

@Emsmems: my next appointment is 6/12 for labs again.

10. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@MamaBehr: Vaginally ... It was really amazing, right (I mean what you could see, not the vagina wand, haha)? We could tell right away. I was HOPING the machine had the heart sound, but it didn't. Next time, though!!

11. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

So awesome that you ladies are getting to see your babies!! Good luck to all those who go tomorrow!

12. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@VEGMAMA: @MamaBehr: yay!!! So awesome!

13. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Just got back from my first prenatal exam, and I'm beaming from ear to ear! My DH and I saw our baby! I had both the abdominal and vaginal ultrasound. Everything looks good and healthy. My EDD is now a day later, so please change mine to jan 15. The baby's heartbeat is at about 145 bps. Doc says its great!

Side note, I'm not a weepy kinda gal, but when I saw my baby's heart flicker I was totally a weepy mess. So relieved!

14. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Honeydew: aww, that's so great to hear!

15. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@honeydew That's awesome!!! What great news!!! I have to admit, even though this is my third, I still cried when I saw the heartbeat too!!!

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Honeydew: oh yay, congrats!

17. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

So I had my appointment today. I promised that I would keep you all updated, so I'm copying this from the m/c thread I started a few days ago. Sorry it's a novel to rival War and Peace. Thanks again for your love. It means a lot.

So I had my appointment this morning, and all in all, I think it went pretty well. I've been freaking out about going, which is super unusual for me. I never get weirded out about going to the doctor's, but I had a nightmare about it two days ago, and I was shaking all morning. I couldn't eat this morning, either. So not like me, and so not fun.

I'm not 100% sure what I was expecting, but I do feel a little better. The bad news is that I got no real answers today, but the good news is that he does want to look into what's going on. I don't have to transfer over to an RE, either, which I was afraid of (not that they're bad, but it takes me forever to get comfortable with a new doctor, and I wasn't sure I wanted to go there yet). They also coded me as "repeat miscarriage due to luteal phase defect," which is a new(ish) diagnosis-we had suspected one for a while. So they are taking this seriously without my really having to push. I'm very grateful for that, because I was a hot, shaking mess in there. In other good news, I also got a script for Zoloft, because I've found that the miscarriages are triggering some old depression demons (hence the shaking mess).

I got a slew of blood work today (Prolactin, more betas to make sure everything passed, TSH levels, and CBC levels), and they want to wait a cycle before checking my progesterone level again. (On further reflection, I'm not sure they did the clotting disorder-I'll have to ask next time I go in.) I figured the blood work was coming, and even though I'm not a big fan of it, I've sorta come to accept it. But I had to laugh a little when I walked down the hall to the lab (in a different office), and the tech said, "you're back again?!" Yep. Back again. For the 9th time in the last 4 weeks. I know.

Now for the part I wasn't expecting: my doctor wants to do an HSG, too. Thanks to HB, I now know what this is, but it still caught me a little off-guard. I'll have it in a couple of weeks, after my next period, and fortunately, he can do it in the hospital connected to the practice (again with the no new doctors thing). But I'd be lying if I didn't say I was freaked out.

...so there we are. Hopefully we get some answers soon. Sending you all hugs and love!!

18. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Honeydew: awww, wonderful!

19. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Thanks guys. Much love to you all.

@lovelyplum I've had the HSG exam, I will warn you, it wasn't the best experience. Take some acetaminophen beforehand. I had severe cramping and it took me about a week to heal. Thinking about you.

20. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lovelyplum I'm glad that they are going to do a really thorough follow through. I hope that you get all the answers you need soon.

21. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm so glad you got some good information and they're taking it seriously!

22. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@Honeydew: sounds so exciting! So happy for you. hoping my appointment goes as well!

@lovelyplum: I'm so happy that they're taking things seriously. I hope you get answers very soon. You are in my thoughts

23. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Honeydew: So glad everything went well!

@LovelyPlum: Sending you love. Thank you for updating us!

24. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

We had our appointment yesterday and it went really great! We saw the heartbeat and heard it as well. Everything looked good so far and we have our actual dating scan on June 11th since I'm still a bit early. I feel lucky to get 3 u/s between weeks 5-9!

We're measuring a little behind where we thought we were, but it matched up to my previous cycle times (After my m/c my cycles went to 28 days but before it was closer to 32-35 days) SO we are actually at around 6w6d (which is a teensy bit discouraging since this morning sickness isn't treating me kindly!) BUT the doctor said that our next ultrasound will give a better idea of where I'm at.

I didn't think I would, but I definitely cried when I saw the heartbeat. Last time we didn't get this far, so it was such a relief!!

25. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@wahine08: I'm so excited for you. That's so amazing that you got to hear the heartbeat. Congrats

@Honeydew: @MamaBehr: @amandalynn: @cavalierkcs: @wahine08: thank you ladies I'm scared, but cautiously optimistic that I get to be back on one of these boards soon.

I hope the morning sickness is treating you all kindly and will let up soon!!

26. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@wahine08: that's amazing! So excited for you

27. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@wahine08 that's great news!!! Seeing the heartbeat for the first time is kinda emotional!

28. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@wahine08: Such great news!! The heartbeat is magical, right?

29. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@wahine08: 3 U/S in 4 weeks wow you are lucky. I am so glad things went well for you.

30. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@LovelyPlum: thinking of you!! Hoping you get more answers soon.

@wahine08: yay so awesome!!

31. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to you all and wishing you and baby a healthy 9 months!!! I feel like it was just yesterday when we were in your shoes just finding out.. Best wishes!!!

32. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

I had my first appt yesterday. It went great. We got to see our little guy and hear the heartbeat (154). It was amazing! I'm measuring a little ahead so they bumped up my due date to 1-6-14. We're telling all our families this weekend, its so much fun!

33. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Punky That's great news!!! How do you think you'll tell family?

34. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Punky: wonderful!

35. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@Punky: hooray!!! I'm curious too- how are you spilling the beans? We are waiting until after our appt on Monday so I'm looking for some ideas!

36. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@MamaBehr: @pinkpeony921: We're doing a late Mother's Day early Father's Day with my in laws tomorrow. We bought picture frames that say Love at First Sight and we're putting in the u/s picture and then a rattle with the due date on it. For his dad we bought him this tattoo design tshirt that says world's coolest grandpa and we're going to have his mom, grandma, and dad open their presents at the same time.

37. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@punky that's a GREAT idea!!!!

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Punky: congratulations how fun!

39. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@Punky: awesome idea, love it!

I have my appointment tomorrow...eeek, so excited and nervous!

40. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Punky: how did it go?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee