Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 Due Dates and Appointments

1. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: It went great. The first thing his mom said was "are you serious?" followed by "oh my god congratulations" and a bunch of hugs from his family. Then his mom called her best friend to tell her and she started crying, it was so sweet. His grandma was crying on and off for the whole day and already volunteered to babysit if we ever need her, even though she lives over an hour away. It was such a fun day, his mom couldn't stop talking about being a grandma.

2. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@pinkpeony921: Hope your appt goes well!! Thinking of ya!

3. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@wahine08: Thanks Lady!

Our first appointment went really well!! We saw our little gummy bear and the heart flickering away. The tech then turned on the sound so we could hear it and I burst into tears! DH was in awe. It was such an amazing moment and we truly are SO blessed.

The heartbeat was 132 and they said everything looked great. I am measuring 12 days behind what my LMP suggests, but that is no surprise because I know I ovulate really late. That puts baby at about 6w3d today. Our next appt. is July 1st and they said we may be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, but if not we get to do another internal ultrasound. I'm super happy with that either way!

Our updated due date is: January 24, 2014

4. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@pinkpeony921: congratulations, lady!! How very exciting.

5. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@pinkpeony921: Awww every time I hear one of these stories I get tears in my eyes.

I have my follow up appointment tomorrow with my doctor in regards to my ER visit for the low potassium. He is probably going to be annoyed as I was just there last week and have a follow up lab next week. Anyways wish me luck.

6. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

My appointment is tomorrow afternoon! I'm excited, but really nervous. I keep telling DH all the things he has to remember because I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I'm really anxious about making sure the baby is ok and because I'm overweight and afraid they won't be able to see/hear it. Ugh. I should've made it for in the morning!!!

7. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@pinkpeony921 That's fantastic!!! Congrats!

@sugar.biscuit I hope your potassium is where it should be! Good luck!!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug This is my third pregnancy and I was STILL a nervous wreck before my appointment!!! And, your weight has nothing to do with it so don't worry about it.

8. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

@Punky: Aw, so sweet! I'm glad it went well!
    @pinkpeony921: That's my due date, too!
    @Sugar.Biscuit: Good luck!

9. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

I promised I'd update, so here goes: the blood work all came back normal, which means no thyroid issues. I'm relieved to hear that, but there is also the fear that comes along with not knowing what went wrong.

I also found out today that they would like us to wait two cycles, as opposed to one, to try again so they can try to get more luteal phase blood work to test my progesterone. I know it is necessary, but it made me really sad. I thought we would be able to try again after my HSG at the end of June, but it looks like it will be late July or early August now. I just want to move forward again! Still, I guess it all brings us closer to the goal of a baby.

Thanks for the support, ladies. Hope you start feeling better soon!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: good luck tomorrow!!

10. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: @amandalynn: Thanks ladies. I had my appointment & will find out the results of my labs tomorrow. He didn't seem worried & told me to take the potassium when ever I had diarrhea (reason why my levels were low) and that's how he would treat my deficiency.

@LovelyPlum: Glad your labs are coming back normal! That is one step closer to your goal. Two cycles will go by faster than you expect. Enjoy your time off & take time for yourself. I'd have a glass of wine & a pedicure with you if you were my area.

11. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lovelyplum I'm glad all your blood work came back normal, though I can imagine it is frustrating not being able to pinpoint what is going on. And, July/August is a spring baby, in Buffalo, that's fantastic!!! My first was born in March, and I remember it snowing while I was in the hospital, and not being able to walk outside with her, though that is all she wanted.

12. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Well my appointment went well today! I'm a week earlier than they thought at 6w2d, probably because of my long cycle I o'd late. So my due date is now January 26! The heart rate is 127bpm, which is normal. They said they want it above 120 at this stage.

My Dr said he wants a girl! Haha. He said that girls are the ones who will take care of you when you're 85. Lol.

Got 4 vials of blood taken! I have deep veins apparently and the tech had to take them in weird places.

Everything was normal. My next appointment is July 11!

13. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: oh yay, that is great news! I'm excited for you! Congrats

@Sugar.Biscuit: thanks lady. I totally would, too.
    @MamaBehr: the timing actually would be much better than a dead of winter baby in Buffalo, especially from an illness standpoint. Summers here are great. And I know August isn't that far off...in the moment, though, I wasn't super rational, if I'm honest. Better now that it has had a chance to sink in.

14. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: that's my EDD right now! We'll see what they say at my appointment tomorrow.. .

15. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Ok, I'll update the list. Anyone can feel free to copy/paste and update if I missed something or you want to add... I get behind!

January Due Dates

1/1: Cram88
    1/2: Penny Lane
    1/4: CreativeMomma15
    1/5: Lindsay05
    1/5: MamaBehr - saw heartbeat!
    1/6: Punky - saw heartbeat!
    1/7: VegMama - saw heartbeat!
    1/9: LizSmith
    1/13: Wahine08
    1/14: SuziMo
    1/15: Honeydew - saw heartbeat!
    1/18: EmsMems
    1/21: MrsH
    1/23: AmandaLynn
    1/24: CavalierKCs
    1/24: PinkPeony921 - saw heartbeat!
    1/25: Lil Owl
    1/26: Navy_Mommy
    1/26: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug - Saw Heartbeat!
    1/30: Sugar.Biscuit

Next Appointments

6/5: Navy_Mommy
    6/6: Lil Owl
    6/10: EmsMems
    6/11: Wahine08
    6/12: CreativeMomma15, SuziMo, CavalierKCs, Sugar.Biscuit
    6/19: MrsH
    7/1: PinkPeony921
    7/11: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug

16. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@emsmems. Thanks of updating this. My next appt is 6/27

17. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@emsmems Great List!! my next appt is 6/26

18. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Labs came back normal! I use the potassium as needed now, yay!

19. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

My appointment was incredibly disappointing It was just a nurse gathering my medical history. She said I couldn't come back for my first ultrasound till July but I've talked to a few other people using my hospital and they all say they've never heard of someone having to wait that long so I plan on calling tomorrow to reschedule sooner. I'm really bummed overall right now.

20. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@navy_mommy Do you have to go through a hospital because of the military? Or do you have an OB/GYN? And, JULY?!?!??!?! How far along will you be?!? That's practically the anatomy scan! I'm so sorry...that is really disappointing.

21. Mrs. Garland

@Emsmems: Thanks for updating the list! My next appt. is 6/25

@Navy_Mommy: That's how my first appointment was too...with a nurse and everything. I still haven't even met my OB! I had that appointment about two weeks ago and my first OB appt with my ultrasound will be June 25, and I'll be 10 weeks.

22. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MamaBehr: she first said the end of July, but because I want to get an NT scan she said middle of July was the earliest. But i ran into a friend right after, she is 3 days ahead of me and she's getting her first us in two weeks. It's the hospital on base, there are all the different clinics (Ob, pediatrics, eye doctor, etc) downstairs, and all the surgeries including L&D are upstairs

23. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@amandalynn: I just delivered my son there though 14 months ago. They should have my history, I JUST gave it to them, lol. And with my son they did the dating ultrasound RIGHT away, so I was expecting that again and was just disappointed.

24. Mrs. Garland

@Navy_Mommy: Oh wow, that's frustrating! Hopefully you can get it moved forward!

25. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Bummer! Hopefully if you call enough they'll schedule you in earlier!!

26. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

I have my first prenatal appt. next Wednesday at 8 weeks and I was told i will be having an ultrasound.

Did everyone have DH come into the room with them at their appointments? Mine plans to come with me to the appointment but he's wondering if he should come into the exam room with me. What did you ladies do for your first appt ?

27. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@cavalierkcs: DH has been with me for all my appointments so far. I'm sure as time passes, I'll be going to them on my own.

There is just a lot of information that is being given and DH definitely felt more comfortable hearing everything from the doctor. Oh, and seeing the first U/S was huge!! Tears and all It's a good experience.

If your DH is squemish, just have him stay up by your head and not look at anything the OB is doing haha. DH was pretty shocked at the amount of "tools" being used!

28. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@cavalierkcs: I would have him come in for the exam. My DH will be.

29. cavalierkcs

cherry / 157 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: @wahine08: thanks guys. I agree, we're going to do the same. I like the advice if staying up by my head!! lol

i asked because I called the office to ask what is done (to see if DH should take off work) & I got a very weird vibe from the person on the phone. She might have just been busy though. Who knows. Either way, in sure DH should be there for all the information. He shed some tears just telling his parents so I bet the ultrasound will do it too

30. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

I had my first ultrasound yesterday. At first I was a little sad as my ob/gyn was out of town and we went to see “a temporary replacement”. He turned out to be the head of the hospital. He talked to us for about an hour before examining me and explained everything to me and DH, showed us the baby and the heartbeat... (But honestly, I didn't see anything....) Everything is fine, I just need to take more vitamin B12...
    Then the nurse took some blood and told me to make another appointment when my usual doc is back. So I will actually have another ultrasound 6/17. (They will book it as one ultrasound so I don't have to pay )

31. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@lil owl: I'm glad your appointment went well! If you don't mind my asking, why did they suggest more B12?

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@lil owl: congratulations That is awesome!

33. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lil owl that's great!! And another ultrasound is awesome too!

@cavalierkcs DH came to my first appointment with my first pregnancy, but he hasn't come to others (terrible, I know). Even when they do transvaginal (sp?) ultrasounds, it is super discreet. And, they don't do too much in the exam room, unless you are set up for your pap smear, so I don't see why he couldn't be there. I would imagine OB/GYNs like to see a husband who wants to be informed.

34. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@wahine08: They had already taken blood and the levels were a little low. They also said it would help with my headaches and dizziness.

35. Mrs. Garland

@cavalierkcs: My husband definitely wants to come with me to all of my appointments! My doctors office even specifically mentioned that he was welcome to come, so I'm sure it's pretty common.

@lil owl: Yay! Glad it went well - and that's exciting that you'll get another ultrasound!

36. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@lil owl: Oh good to know! I struggle with headaches pre-preg, but so far haven't been plagued by too many.. must be the extra vitamins I'm taking!

37. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I'm still really sad about not getting an ultrasound for another month but I'm afraid to call and ask to change it.. .:-(

38. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

Hi all haven't been around much but everything seems to be going right along. I have my first appointment on Wednesday and I am so nervous. Did anyone else feel this way? did you find anything to help calm your nerves?

39. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Stopping in to say hello as well... Like @Suzimo I haven't been around much but have been trying to keep up with what's going on... My first appointment is on Wednesday too and I am nervous, excited, and really hoping we can hear a heartbeat or get an ultrasound ASAP!

40. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Suzimo: @creativemomma15: good luck Wednesday!

I had my appt today, they just did a pelvic exam and took cultures. No Doppler or anything. However, we scheduled our NT scan for 6/28!! So we get to see the baby in 2.5 weeks!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee