Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 - Nursery Ideas?

1. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

2. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: This is probably a silly question... is that tall dresser that matches your cribs too wide for your space?

3. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: to expensive!

4. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: Rats! What if you find a highboy type dresser like that on Craigslist and re-finish/paint it? Or I saw at Ikea recently they have some dressers you can get unfinished and you can finish it. Or they also have some storage solution called Besta where there's all sorts of different options to put it together.

5. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Latest project - a chevron board around the room with lights behind it. I'll get a better picture in sunlight tomorrow (the ceiling light that's currently in there is HORRIBLE) but I wanted to show the lights on-lights off comparison.

6. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Oh, and I sewed my changing pad cover today!

7. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Very cool! That's ingenious! Love the changing pad cover.

We ordered our glider today! It should be here in 8 weeks, a week before my due date. Eeek! But I'm super excited about it. We got a Best Chairs Tryp glider/recliner/swivel chair. It's super comfy and I'm glad we spent the extra money for it!

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Here are better pictures from today.

9. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Could you all see this dresser in this room? It would go in the corner where the gift bag is sitting. Also considering getting a cube like book shelf to put baskets on between the two cribs. Yay or Nay or different idea?

10. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I love your color and cribs, first of all!

I think the white dresser would look good there. I like using different color furniture so it's not too matchy-matchy. And I love the cube idea too. Would it fit under the window, or go in front of it?

11. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: it would fit but it would be blocking about 24" of the front of the crib & I can't move them down anymore. I need a narrow shelf there & I'm realize even that probably won't happen. Im not crazy about having the cribs in front of windows either.

12. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I think the dresser is fine because all your trim is white

13. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @MrsH: Thanks ladies. DH hates it. I told him I wanted to get a dresser ordered this weekend so we can get it put together next weekend (I've said this 3 weeks in a row now) & guess what!? It didn't get ordered. He keeps saying what about the ones we liked on amazon. I keep tell him to send me which ones they were because I can't remember & he doesn't send them to me. I'm SOOOOO close to just ordering one with out his say & being done with it. In just over 6 weeks the babies will be here. I want to start nesting & be done in the next two weeks just encase. He doesn't get it! UGH. MEN.

14. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: ugh that's frustrating

My DH is also pretty nonchalant about getting things ready as well. He just has so much crap that he won't get rid of that he is constantly having to reorganize the garage to fit more stuff in there. We are running out of room!

15. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: ditto. DH is a borderline hoarder. He would be sooooo mad if he knew I said that. Opps.

16. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I can't believe how much I have left to do in the nursery! I was all done by this point with DS.

17. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: that's my DH too! Totally borderline hoarder. I would never say that to his face though, lol.

@Navy_Mommy: I have a ton left as well! I'm trying to wait until all my showers are over, one of which is this weekend. But the last one is January 4th and that makes me nervous! I'm not sure if I should buy stuff myself, or make myself wait. The January shower is the theme of my room that my bff is throwing so I know I'll get stuff to decorate it. It's just so hard to wait!

18. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Decorations above the changing table are up! Getting there slowly but surely.

19. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Finally started the mobile! Just need to stitch theedges of the felt characters and assemble it!

Any one else have nursery progress to report?

20. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: we have the rest of our furniture! My FIL&BIL will be over tomorrow to help wrap up the nursery. May not get every thing done but at least I'll have something to keep me busy for a while. Keep your fingers crossed for us that the rest of the furniture works in our room. If we get the room together I'll try& get more pics up.

21. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Nursery is put together just not decorated. We still have to hang pictures above the cribs, a big mirror above the changing table & some misc storage bins on the shelves. But here it is! MIL made the bed skirts & the books on the bookshelf. The books she made using her bad ass sewing machine & they are 3D!

22. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: nice! Looking good!

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: That looks great! The curtains are really pretty.

24. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: looks good so far!!

25. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Finished the mobile and sewed the crib sheet today! Finally making progress again; next up is sewing curtains for the little windows above the crib.

26. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: that looks great! I love the mobile. Your sewing skills are awesome! I'm super impressed.

I finally have more done in our nursery. Got the bed skirt made (well, I cut it out and MIL hemmed it, lol), and put up the bookshelves, got the mattress today, and hung the mobile! Also got the curtain and hung that today too. The stuff on the bookshelves are going to be hung above them later after I get more books. Still waiting for my last 2 showers to get the rest!

27. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

We finally finished.

28. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MrsH: I LOVE your nursery!

Ours will be done tomorrow, we're waiting on the curtains.

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Can't wait to see!

@MrsH: I commented on your other post, but I just really do love your nursery. It's so pretty.

Ours is going to be done tomorrow too! That is, if my shadowbox comes in like it's supposed to. And we hang the other stuff over our changing table. I'll take/post pics when it's all finished!

30. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Here are the most recent pictures I have. Literally all that's missing is the curtain on the big window.

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Navy_Mommy: it's fabulous!

32. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I love it! So cheery and fun.

33. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Finally posted a "nursery reveal" - the finished product can be seen here... http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/finally-our-dr-seuss-nursery-reveal?replies=1#post-1353617

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee