Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2015: GTKY 1st trimester

1. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Gigi2: yes, get Gold! I think we should do another thread for pictures of our expanding bellies, and I'll only share on Gold. I love old Goldens, too. Is your dog's face getting white?

@namaste: looks like perfection.

@CatchAFallingStar: I'm 7 weeks today!

@mfa_lady: you're making me want to visit Richmond. There is a lot of fun things to do there. I did the 10K last year and it was a party scene! Half-way through I was wishing I was on the other side with the people cheering instead of running.

2. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@happygal: I'll go for gold and then would be happy to share more on a thread w/ bump pics, etc sounds fun! My golden is definitely getting white in the face - she looks so wise! still acts like a silly puppy though (she's 9).

3. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Happygal: The 10k is AWESOME! The first year we lived here, I did it with a friend even though I am NOT a runner--she talked it up to me for months, with all this "the adrenaline will get you through, yadda yadda." Well, she was right, and I felt great...and then SHE GOT A CRAMP AT MILE 1.5. Hahahahaha. I was so aggravated, but we still had a great time.

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

You can add me to the dog lovers. We have a four year old Australian Shepherd named Nola. She's a pain in the butt and the best dog ever all at the same time.

5. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@oliviaoblivia: loving and annoying all at once seems to be a common trait of intelligent dogs. That would describe my girl as well!

6. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

1. Share a picture, any picture! Baby cakes #2 @ 9 weeks!
    2. What was your SO's response to finding out you're pregnant?
    He was very excited. Then proceeded to have a mini melt down about having 2 under 2.
    3. Where do you live? Suburbs of Philly. As of lately we really just take baby cakes to playgrounds. We lead very exciting lives.
    4. Will you find out the baby's sex? Absolutely. hopefully as soon as possible!

7. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Cupcake: haha I love your husband's reaction. I could see my husband being the same.

@mfa_lady: You go girl! I signed up to run my second 5k last year with friends. Only one other one showed up and she was super out of shape/just doing it to be a team player so we walked the whole thing. I felt bummed because I had trained but hey, good friend points?

8. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@MrsTiger: I am 45 minutes SW of Boston

9. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@namaste: my BFF just moved to Orlando (Winter Garden), and knows no one and has a 2 year old. Would love any leads for anything in your area that I could pass along (friends you have with kids her age, suggestions on local fun, etc.)

So, on my end...

SO's reaction: Just a big big hug. We had a loss 3 months prior, so he was just happy but speechless. He has been wonderful about supporting my crazy

Where do you live: Chicago Originally from Ohio, but have been here since '06.

Finding out? You betcha. With my first, I didn't have any morning sickness, but this time, I feel awful, so that coupled with timing makes me guess GIRL, but we have time for that...

And a pic... since we are stuck on a dog theme, I thought I would include a shot of my labradoodle Kenzie who turns three tomorrow. Best puppy in the world.

10. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

How did I miss the dog theme? Here's our fur babies!

11. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: ah, what a sweet baby. My German Shepherd is a shedding machine, and I sometimes am envious of those with the doodle.

@Cupcake: Boston Ts! My dad grew up with those and loves them. They seem to have big personalities.

Looks like we have no team greeners so far!

12. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

I guess I'll add a picture of my dog, since that is the thing now

13. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

1. Share a picture, any picture! That's our new puppy, Scout. She did not stay that small for very long! (She's a super-mutt.)

2. What was your SO's response to finding out you're pregnant?
    He was shocked. Then he made the muscle-man pose, ha!

3. Where do you live? What's fun to do in your town?
    I live in The way up north and to the left. There is everything to do here!!

4. Will you find out the baby's sex, or have it be a surprise?@Happygal: I am the only Team Greener so far! We'll be two and done, plus this will be a scheduled c-section. I need at least one surprise!

14. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Oh my gosh, LOVE all the dogs! Just to add to the party...here are our first babies!

ETA: Sorry these pics are huge!

15. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Espion: if I end up being a January mommy, I'll be another member of team green with you!

16. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: Ah your SO's reaction just gave me the feels.

WG is such a developing area so I'm not sure about things for LOs directly in town. I lived closed by for a year (Windermere) so I suggest your friend check out the Dr. Phillips area for a bit more! There is a YMCA there that has an amazing program for LO's and I know the new group fitness director so they have a pretty good gym program.

She should definitely browse around. There's lots of parks. Disney Moms pretty much rule South Orlando so if she wants to integrate quickly, I'd look into that. Most of my mom friends who lived in the area just moved out in the past few months I will keep asking around!

So many cute puppies!

17. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@Happygal: I am allergic to everything (even our hypoallergenic dog) but my DH would likely be envious of you (or at least he would have been before we got and fell in love with our pup).

@namaste: thank you! So helpful

18. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@sorrycharlie: Oh nice! I grew up sort of near Providence, and my parents still live that way.

19. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

I love all the dog pictures! And since we're on the dog topic, is there anything you did/will do to prepare your dog for the new baby?

I want to work on my dog's guest greeting skills (she's basically a maniac) and some other basic manners.

20. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

I love all the dog pictures! Both of us are allergic to animals so we will probably never have fur pets... maybe a gold fish some day. Haha.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee