Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2020 moms!

1. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

They wouldn’t make my appointment before 8 weeks and then there is no ultrasound. I am trying to be patient...
    I was on ICU night shift last weekend and grabbed one of the nice ultrasounds into the call room and did a trans abdominal on myself. It is not easy...I found the gestational sac and stuff in it that may have been yolk sac. Of course my depth was not optimized and I couldn’t figure out how to move my body and the probe to get as good a view as the professionals. It will have to satisfy me until my actual ultrasound in three weeks...

2. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MsHangry: Man, I would be all over that if I had an ultrasound probe handy, haha!

3. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@jaguar: I know ... I had to be sneaky though, and you can only really do that at 3am. Young woman taking ultrasound into room will start all the rumors way too early.

Anyone else starting to feel more than bloated? I have a work environment where apparently it is okay to ask someone if they are pregnant all.the.time. I know that when I finally tell people there will be some saying, “oh I knew it back in April”
    Well, I wasn’t pregnant then. It was a burrito, Karen.

4. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MsHangry: haha!! I would have totally snuck around and done my own ultrasound if I was you! That’s awesome! I’m sorry you have to wait 3 more weeks- the wait is killing me too.

As for me, I feel way more than bloated. I was at the beach this past week and seriously look 3-4 months pregnant. I haven’t changed my diet, so I dunno what the hell is going on.

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MsHangry: hahaha bloody hell, Karen!

@Jessiemuller88: I feel GINORMOUS.

6. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

Not feeling too bloated yet, thankfully, but I've spent the last couple days in swing or maxi dresses because pants are the worst. 😂

I have super boring symptoms-- vivid dreams (apparently we bought the house from Full House?) and strong food cravings (mostly for tomatoes). Yesterday I broke down and ordered Pregnant Lady pizza (sausage, gorgonzola, banana peppers, and extra pineapple) and it was amazing. Today I want tater tots and ketchup. Lots and lots of ketchup.

Ugh, DH just left for a week-long work trip in CA and so it's just me, the kids, and the first trimester blahs. Dislike.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: I'm so happy to hear that things are looking good!!! and so sorry for all the stress this pregnancy has put you though.

I feel like I'm in the doldrums of first tri. I've felt super nauseous/pukey/exhausted for what seems like an eternity. Yet if things continue to go well with the pregnancy, based on my experience last time I think it will be at least another month before I start to feel some relief. Finding food that will stay down has been a struggle, and I think I officially need more sleep than my toddler.

I had the NIPT draw today and NT scan in a week. Glad to have gotten this far, but I'm already feeling super nervous about it....Being AMA doesn't help...

8. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@periwinklebee: I was AMA last time and (obviously) am even more "elderly" this time. It's not so bad, I promise!

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@helloperidot: Thank you! I feel like this pregnancy has in some sense been too good to be true - took us a year and multiple losses to get pregnant with DS whereas this time we only TTC'ed for a few months. Today was my first blood draw for this pregnancy, by the time I was at this point with DS I'd been back to the hospital for literally dozens of blood draws (had to track a partial molar pregnancy back down to zero...) Being AMA makes me all the more nervous that the other shoe is about to drop, but I'm really trying to have at least a neutral mindset!

10. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm sorry to hear about your previous losses! I had a miscarriage between my girls and that, along with being AMA, made pregnancy last time a little stressful.

It turned out the only major difference was the NIPT testing at 10w (totally optional but I was ALL for it!) and weekly stress tests after 36 weeks. And a lot of laughter from my midwife team while I complained about being called elderly.

First time moms average on age of 37 where I live, so most pregnancies seen at my practice are classified as AMA.

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@helloperidot: Ugh, pregnancy after loss is tough.

I'm not sure how old FTMs are where I am, probably early 30s. Where I grew up it was like early 20s, and I feel like it was seen as a hard rule that you needed to be done by 35. Being called elderly is ridiculous I haven't seen a doctor yet (intake appt a few weeks ago was with a nurse who didn't know much), so I'm not sure whether my practice does anything automatically different for AMA. But it does say it in huge letters at the top of my ultrasound report

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@helloperidot: YES to the vivid dreams. I dreamed my house burnt down last night... woke up in a panic!

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@periwinklebee: How many weeks are you? Poor thing with the sickness. I am the opposite and have the usual 'don't feel sick so something must be wrong' panics.

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: 10+4. The silver lining of MS is that I have that much less energy to worry about the pregnancy This pregnancy I think there's only been one time where I felt better for a few hours, and of course I was like "this must mean its over." Then soon enough I started puking again

15. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: I’m sorry you feel so sick too! Hopefully it eases up soon.

@jaguar: I’m the same way. Some days I have a ton of symptoms and other days I feel great and think something is wrong.

I have my first ultrasound today, and I’m so nervous. This is the same time (7.5 weeks) I found out I had a MMC.

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: today!!!

17. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Deep breaths, mama. You're in our thoughts today.

18. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I’m lurking here.. and wanted to wish you an amazing ultrasound today!!

19. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: @helloperidot: @CatchAFallingStar: I needed a lot of deep breaths ladies. I am in complete shock!

20. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@Jessiemuller88: 😍😍😍😍😍 CONGRATS MAMA!!!!! Oh my goodness that is so exciting!

How are you doing?

21. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@helloperidot: honestly I’m in shock, as is DH, but I am over the moon with excitement. Both babies were measuring right on track with strong heartbeats!

22. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that is absolutely fabulous. So happy for you and your family!

23. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Whoa! Congratulations!!!

24. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@helloperidot: @Chuckles: thank you both so much! I am still trying to wrap my head around two babies!!!

25. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Jessiemuller88: oh my gosh!!!! So exciting!!!

26. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Jessiemuller88: was this an IUI or natural?

27. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: it was natural, other than taking 2.5 mg of letrozole to ovulate.

28. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Jessiemuller88: incredible!!!

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Such amazing news!!! Congrats!!!

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: @periwinklebee: thank y’all!

31. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Jessiemuller88: BABIES! Hi BABIES! What a delight!

@periwinklebee: Oh you poor bugger. I hope time flies for you!

Our little blob is 9 weeks today and measuring bang on, little arm and leg buds forming, super fast heart rate. I have to start organising NIPT bloodwork... pretty anxious, as we've lost a little one to T21 before, and it was a MMC at 11 weeks. I'll be on edge the next few weeks I think!

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jaguar: so glad things are going well so far. Will be thinking of you as you wait for the nipt results, it must be so nerve wracking. hoping the time flies by.

33. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Congratulations!! I'm not due in January but I lerk on other boards cause I have too much time on my hands.

Congratulations to all you ladies!!

34. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Jessiemuller88: OMG congrats! I guess after all you've been through the universe decided to give you two babies

35. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Jessiemuller88: just dropping into say CONGRATS on 2 babies!! What an amazing surprise! So happy for you!

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that's amazing, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

37. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

So I have my own exciting update, except it has nothing really to do with babies (and it's nowhere near as exciting as twins!). 😂😂😂

I just bought a new mattress set! I have never in my life owned a brand new mattress, and after 2 pregnancies sleeping on the 20 year old POS that we call our bed. I told my DH I was done and want something new. A store near us was having a killer Memorial Day sale, and we found a model that we really like...so I bought it today!

Hoping it gets here with enough time that I can sleep on my stomach at least once. 😂😂😂

Okay. Back to being excited about twins.

38. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@helloperidot: that is super exciting, new mattresses are great!

ETA: erased my question because, wrong board!!

39. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: You are not crazy! My cycles are like that too. I'm pretty sure it corresponds to which ovary you're ovulating from, and that typically alternates. I have figured out that when I'm ovulating from my left ovary, I'll have a shorter cycle (O on day 15-17ish), and when I ovulate from my right, it's a longer cycle (O around day 22-25).

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@kayla0416: thank you for responding, I just realized I posted this on the wrong board 😳🙈 sorry ladies I will repost on the June poas thread 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee