Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Awww, kissing the baby pics! I'm sure your LO is connecting in ways you can't see yet - but I think they have a sixth sense about things. Hope baby girl is doing well! And that your recovery is going well too.

@Ginabean3: Enjoy the haircut and pedicure! I scheduled a pedicure for Monday and I can't wait! And I know what you mean about the plumber work and inconvenience. Bright side though - it's not when you have a newborn in the house! Hope it's resolved soon and the dent in your bank account has time to fill back in

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: Enjoy the nesting while you have the energy and time to pour into it.

3. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@sweetooth: totally! I think if I had to deal with this with a newborn I would go nuts!!!

Yes I normally don't treat myself to pedicures...I paint my own nails...but since I can't reach my toes they have become a necessity. Lol. Unless DH wants to learn how to give pedis....

4. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@turkeylurkey: My little guy is 19 months old today. I feel like I need to wait a little longer on a sprinkler, but a baby pool or water table might be a good thing.

@Reese: Don't worry about the vaccines at this point. You can take care of things once your baby is on the outside. Enjoy your hair and nail appointment and take comfort in knowing that you made it to full-term

5. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ginabean3: I wanted to take care of my toes too, but it was so uncomfortable to try and get to them that I thought, "I deserve the pampering!" I can't imagine if my husband tried to paint my toenails

6. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@sweetooth: you totally deserve it!!!! yeah my DH doesn't know how to color within the lines and my toes would probably look heinous!!!

7. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Ginabean3: enjoy!!! I'm getting my hair cut and colored on Tuesday! Can't wait! And I just tried to paint my toes last night, yep def can't reach!

8. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@reese: i didn't get my tdap shot until the day I gave birth to ds1! No issues and ds1 was fine not having received it in utero, don't stress mama!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Enjoy your relaxing day! I got a massage yesterday and it was awesome.

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: Happy Friday! Ha ha, not final to-dos, more like LOTS of to-dos I need to sort our bedroom out because it's turned into a dumping ground, buy a bassinet stand, buy a double stroller, a ring sling, stuff for hospital bag, stuff for A's bag when she goes to my friends if I go into labour......and much more.

@Reese: I remember bringing the t-dap up with my doctor with my first pregnancy and they were very dismissive of it. I may mention it again this time though. I think in Ontario it's not a priority.

11. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

Happy Friday everyone! I'm panicking a little looking at the calendar - only 5 weeks left, and that's if baby shows up on time! We're trying to cram in as much as we can before - time on the beach, birthday parties, maybe cherry picking if I'm up to driving in a week! Summer is the best!

@fuzzypeaches: that's so sweet about your LO kissing baby pictures! How's little Ayla? Is she coming home soon?

12. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Mama Bird: We're doing similar, thinking of everyone we want to see before baby comes and arranging picnics and play dates etc.

13. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: you're in Canada too, right? I think it isn't given routine here like it is in the States. The only time I've heard of pregnant women getting boosters is TDap is when there is an outbreak.

14. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@Mama Bird: The 'if baby shows up on time' part is starting to scare me a little. I keep thinking I have 5 weeks to go but the reality that it could be sooner or later than that hasn't sunk in.

I am getting a pregnancy massage tomorrow, a gift from DH! I need to get another pedicure but haven't had time. I can't reach my toes and my DH would rather pay someone that attempt to do it himself.

We got our car seats checked last night so both bases are installed correctly and I put my hospital bags in the car this morning.

15. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@QBbride: I think it changed recently in the states. I had it with my first pregnancy and I thought I'd be covered for this pregnancy but the CDC changed it's view point and wants you to get the vaccine during each pregnancy. Who knows seems like a little much to me but I did it again this go around

16. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

My phone keeps eating my replies but here is my update: 35 weeks today, waiting at dr for first cervical check, gbs swab etc. getting serious!

Feel like I need baby to wait at least four more weeks. We are having our a/c replaced today and just got our ikea furniture delivered. I started to put some together but then it got too hot!

I also found out my work friends are having a shower for me in two weeks which is so sweet so I am excited about that! Can't believe how close we are!

17. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@QBbride: phew! Thanks for the info/reassurance

18. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@travelgirl1: okay good. In glad I'm not the only one.

19. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Anyone get crampy?

I have this cramp in my right side underneath my ribs. So uncomfortable! Is that a BH? I have never really had *bad* menstrual cramps before (don't hate me! Just some lower back stuff once in a while) so I don't know what a contraction/BH would feel like.

20. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Thought I was headed into full blown labor last night. I was having pretty intense bh contractions that I couldn't shake and some nausea going on too. It finally went away after about 4 hours of it. Nothing happening today. So crazy!

21. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@turkeylurkey: oh my goodness!! Good for you for being so level headed about it.

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I have been crampy on and off but not much "activity"...

23. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: what do you mean by activity? Baby has been moving a lot.. Is that a sign? I still have a work conference next week!

When is your last day?

24. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: I've been super crampy on/off and every twinge I get I wonder if it's the start of labour haha. I was induced with DS after my water broke and no labour started, so I don't really know how things naturally progress. I remember in labour I could really feel the contractions down my legs and in my back so that's what I'm sort of waiting for.

25. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: I have been getting an occasional cramp on my lower right belly the last two afternoons but then it goes away. My BH last time were not painful at all. It just made my whole bell taut like a basketball, and then would go back to squishy in the parts where the baby didn't hang out. They have been the same so far this time too. My contractions felt totally different.

26. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@turkeylurkey: Wow that sounds intense! Hope baby waits until you are ready!

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Oh, I just meant nothing crazy or out of the ordinary. I honestly don't even know what to expect, like what contractions will feel like. I have read some threads but experiences seem to be all over the place.

28. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I don't think I've ever had a BH! And this is my 2nd baby!!

29. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@QBbride: haha I'm the same way with every twinge and cramp! DH sat beside me on the couch and was like "why is it so wet here!?" I instantly thought my water broke and I didn't know. .. It was only dog drool

@MamaCate: Oooh okay. I will look out for that.

@simplyfelicity: sorry, you really need to spell it out for me haha. My type A personality doesn't do well with not being able to plan/prepare/know when things are happening! Are you still working?

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I know the feeling! I have been off for two weeks now. Are you done with work after the conference?

31. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: so smart! Next Friday is my last day. The conference is Mon-Thurs and then I go into my office on Friday to clean out my desk and finish the last of my paperwork.

32. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: this is not meant to scare you at all, but the one place my doctor asked me to mention if I got new pain/cramps was the right side, under my rib. It's one of the signs of pre eclampsia apparently (combined with other stuff). I'm sure there is absolutely nothing wrong but maybe mention it to your MW next time you see her....

Ooooh I wonder who is going to have the next July baby

33. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@turkeylurkey: Woah!

@Reese: I have gotten a few fleeting crampy moments, but nothing note-worthy.

@simplyfelicity: Same! I have no idea what to expect. I do have a feeling though, that I'll get "the runs" as a first labor sign. That just seems like something that would happen to me. But who knows

So I had my shower yesterday! My husband made the cake He's no pro obviously, but since we needed a vegan cake our options were slim. I think he did a pretty great job!

34. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: what a cute cake! I think your DH did a great job! How was the shower? Did you make a dent in your registry?

35. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: um, that is adorable! Your DH did a great job!

36. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@QBbride: I never had a BH with #1 either and haven't had one with #2 yet so far!

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Haha, I just know something embarrassing will happen to me, too. That cake is awesome! It's sweet that he was so involved in the shower.

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Okay, so I was reading a thread about how you shouldn't swaddle your baby after they can roll over from back to belly...why is that? Is it because their arms are restrained, so they can't roll back?

39. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: basically it's a suffocation risk because their arms aren't free to push up and also it would make rolling onto their back really difficult.
    Here we don't actually recommend swaddling with their arms in for a few different reasons, one of the big ones is because they can get really hot that way and overheating is a SIDS risk. Also if a blanket or something gets on their face, they're unable to use their hands to try to get it off their face. I know lots of people swaddle anyway and of course you have to do what works for you, but we always recommend not swaddling, or if you do to swaddle with their arms out for safety. My son was born in June and honestly it was too hot to swaddle anyway!! So I never did. I thought I would be really into swaddling because we swaddle all the babies at work, but I was really nervous in real life! Those babies are on monitors 24/7 and my baby was not!!

40. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

I was pretty sure something was happening last night.... Felt dreadful all day, threw up before bed, got Braxton hicks (I think they were anyway), backache and other pains...... But thankfully, nothing happened. I soooo want to make it to full term, it freaks me out when I feel off.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: love the cake!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee