Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 Moms

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: the hospital paid for the draw, as they should have... I wasn’t paying $500 for their mistake!

2. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

@QBbride: thank goodness for that! I hope your results come quickly!

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

NIPT results are in! Extremely low risk for everything and it’s a GIRL!
    I was right!!!!

4. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

July 2019 Mamas
    7/2: starlitsky (#2)
    7/2: ladydi (#3)
    7/3: qbbride (#3)
    7/11: daisyfay (#2)
    7/14: jess93 (#1)
    7/18: megpie (#1)
    7/26: rousseae (#2&#3!)
    7/29: knh1497 (#1)
    8/4: cyoung (#3)
    always in our hearts
    cyoung
    bananasareyellow
    oskarsmommy

Where are all the boys?!

5. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: congratulations! Glad you finally got results! I’m sure I’m having a boy. I have two already, I keep having dreams that it’s a boy. So far this pregnancy has been exactly like the other two. If it’s a girl I’ll be shocked.

6. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: I forget, are you finding out?
    That was like me, if they told me I was having s boy I’d have been totally floored. I felt like I knew with 100% certainty that it was a girl!

7. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: yes, February 15th! We’ll do a little gender reveal for our parents that night and all find out at the same time. I can’t wait!

8. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: YAY! I was wondering if you had gotten your results yet! Congrats!! You were right!!!

And wow so many girls so far!

@LadyDi: can’t wait for you to find out! Are you hoping for a particular sex?

9. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@starlitsky: I don’t have a strong preference but if I’m being honest with myself I’ll probably be a little disappointed if this isn’t a girl. Only bc I know this is our last and it’s a little sad knowing that I’ll never experience or raise a girl. That being said I do truly love being a boy mom and we already have a lot of boy clothes, typical boy toys, etc. so I won’t be too broken up if it’s a 3rd boy.

10. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: I totally understand! I would been happy with another boy too since I already know how to be a boy mom and have all the clothes and stuff, but I would also have been disappointed not in having another boy but knowing I would never have a daughter since we are definitely done after this one! Can't wait for you to find out next month!!

11. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

Has anyone felt kicking yet? I haven’t yet and I felt it so early with my last pregnancy. Ovia told me I could feel it as early as this week so
    I’m starting to get anxious to feel some movement!

12. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: no I don’t think so! My midwife told me 14-16 weeks for movement and the odd time I *think* I feel something but I don’t think it’s actual flutters/kicks. At my midwife appointment baby was ninja kicking the Doppler and I couldn’t feel any of it.

I’m sure I have an anterior placenta this time, I did with my first and didn’t feel proper movement until 19 weeks. With my second, my placenta wasn’t anterior, and I could feel her moving everyday from 10+4. It was CRAZY! And she hasn’t stopped moving since. Hahaha.

13. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

@QBbride: I missed this!! Congratulations!!!!! And so happy your risks are low too!

@LadyDi: Starting right after 12w, when using the doppler I can sometimes feel one of the girls squirming if I'm pressing down pretty good, but that's all! I'm eager to see if I'll feel them earlier than my singleton (right before 16w).

14. Jess93

coffee bean / 49 posts

Okayy so I am very stressed out! Today I had my ultrasound booked this was for my first trimester screen (was on the waiting list for 3 months) only to be told today it is cancelled. I knew I was in my second trimester now but figured since the waiting list was so long they just made it late. Then I called my doctor to see if I can go somewhere else and they gave me another number. I called them and they asked me when I was due and when I told them they said I can’t even get that done now because I’m past the 13 week 3 day mark which I was never told about. So now I don’t get to see my baby or get my Down syndrome screen or anything else because it’s too late. Have to wait until 16 weeks to see baby and I dont think they can check for Down syndrome? Any advice? I’m so upset!

15. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@Jess93: that’s really frustrating and upsetting, I’m sorry that happened. The timing definitely should have been explained more clearly and you shouldn’t have been placed on a wait list that long. I get very frustrated trying to schedule ultrasounds within my health system. Did you call your dr to talk about other screening options?

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jess93: Okay, I am absolutely being a creepy-peeper but I REALLY want to help if I can. I do not know where you are located (USA, Canada, International) but, would you/could you go for Amniocentesis? I know that many other tests are far more popular BUT I had Amnio with both of my kiddos at 15 weeks and both children were fine. The range for Amniocentesis is 14.5 - 20 weeks and then again in the 3rd trimester. It would give you a full genetic work-up and, if you are interested, you would know the sex of your baby. I don't know if this is even an option, but I figured I'd suggest it in case it were. Best of luck .

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Jess93: oh no! Sorry to hear this!
    Can you do the NIPT? It’s much more accurate and you’ll get answers in about a week. And it’s non-invasive so less risky than CVS or amnio.

18. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: I started feeling some movement this time around weeks 10-11 (not regularly though), but last time I had an anterior placenta and didn’t feel movement until 18-19 weeks!

@Jess93: If you’re able to take the NIPT and it’s not too $$$, i would suggest looking into that since it’s non invasive. Otherwise amniowould tell you for sure since it’s a diagnostic test and not a screening.

(Hi @Kaohinani:! Nice to see you!!)

19. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I *think* I’m starting to feel occasional movement! Nothing crazy but a poke here and there. It’s about time at almost 17 weeks!!

DH and I talked about names for the first time the other day. We came up with a few potentials, so at least it’s a start!

20. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: yay! I’m looking forward to feeling more regular movement, it’s one of the things I miss most from being pregnant last time!

How is everyone doing? I’just hit 17w and I’m getting over a cold which has been awful. I’m still barely able to breathe through my nose! 😝🤧

21. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: I’ve started to feel the occasion flutter. Not as often as I like, which is kind of driving me a little nuts. I feel like I have a lot more anxiety around this pregnancy compared to the first two!

@starlitsky: doing well! Colds while pregnant are the worst. I’ve been getting an almost daily headache, which happened with my first two pregnancies as well. They usually subside in the 2nd trimester though. Hoping these stop soon, they aren’t awful but still a nuisance.

22. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Sooo my boobs feel so full and heavy, and I was curious if I have colostrum and yup... I have colostrum!

23. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: Same! Well I haven't actually checked for colostrum, but they are definitely bigger and feeling heavy and full. I just stopped breastfeeding in September so I feel like it didn't take long for them to kick back into gear.

24. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: haha same! I stopped breastfeeding in May or June and I think my milk had just totally dried up when I got pregnant again

25. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: @LadyDi: I recently stopped breastfeeding too but haven't noticed colostrum yet! I do feel like my bump is growing though! Not sure how much longer I can hide it!

Have you all scheduled your anatomy scans yet? I haven't but I have an OB appointment this week so I'll ask about it then.

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Yes my anatomy scan is Feb 14!

I DEFINITELY can’t hide this bump now!! I feel huge haha and I’m so uncomfortable. Seems so early!

27. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@starlitsky: my scan is February 15 and we’re doing a little gender reveal that night with our parents (we’ll all find out at the same time).

I asked my 3 year old yesterday if we wanted a sister or another brother and he said a sister that’s a boy, lol

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: so exciting!! how are you planning to do the gender reveal?

@QBbride: ahhh haha I am definitely showing sooner than I was last time around, but my maternity jeans/pants from last time don't fit yet! I guess I need some in-between pairs to bridge the gap!

are you ladies feeling more regular movement yet? I still don't feel it every day but when I do, the movement is getting stronger/more obvious!

29. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: Bahahaha! You can’t have both buddy! My son cried when we found out it was a girl but he is coming around. My daughter is super excited. What do you think baby is??

@starlitsky: I’m feeling a bit of movement everyday but nothing super consistent or strong. It’s becoming more recognizable though. I 100% have an anterior placenta, I’ve had both and much preferred not having an anterior placenta! Boo. Could you use a belly band with your regular pants for now?

30. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: I had an anterior placenta the first time around and I'm not sure about this time... I guess I'll find out at the anatomy scan? I guess I could buy a belly band! I don't own one!

31. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: I could feel really strong consistent movement before 11 weeks when I didn’t have an anterior placenta, so I think that’s why it’s anterior this time. A belly band might be enough to get you through!! I’m mainly wearing my high waisted black lululemon leggings haha. Only wear maternity jeans when I go out.

32. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@starlitsky: We're going to shoot off a very subtle cannon of confetti in our living room...it'll be too cold to go outside. We did a cake for my 2nd baby, but I think my 3 year old will love the confetti. Hopefully it will negate his disappointment if it's a girl. I've been feeling movement but not regularly or super strong. I am interested to see where my placenta is, at my last ultrasound it was looking posterior. Could it move that much?

@QBbride: There might be some tears from DS if it's a girl. He'll get over it, I am sure. I think it's a boy though!

33. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Anybody bought anything for baby/babies yet?

I bought a new infant car seat (Chicco Keyfit) because it was majorly on sale and my old infant car seat will have expired I bought a “baby nest” too. I don’t know if I will use it for nighttime sleep (maybe in the early days if we bed share) but I think it will be good to move around the house and put baby in it. We will probably just have baby sleep in a bassinet in our room for the first while because we only have three bedrooms upstairs (our other kiddos share a room) and we’d like to keep a guest room upstairs over the summer when we will have lots of visitors. We have another room in the basement that will eventually become our guest room, but our basement suite tenants are using it right now and they’re not expecting to move out until a year from now (they’re building a house).

I’m not much of a stroller user (basically exclusively babywore my first two). We have an Uppababy Vista but we moved to a different (much snowier) city almost two years ago so I’m kind of eyeing a used Bob for the winter when i’ll be too nervous to babywear because it’s so slippery out and there’s so much snow. I think i’ll wait for now because I can see the Uppababy bassinet coming in handy over the summer for trips to the park/beach.

I haven’t bought any clothes or anything but I saved a lot of my favourite stuff from my other kids.

Ohhh and we need a new car! I’m eyeing the Honda Pilot or maybe a VW Atlas.
    @LadyDi: you guys were going to get a different car too right?

34. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

So exciting that you guys are all nearing the halfway point already! I'm 15 weeks and we see MFM for the first time next week. They did confirm last week that the girls are di/di and I have both an anterior placenta and a posterior placenta- so I'm not feeling much of anything yet!

@QBbride: I just bought a used City Select with glider board this week! Got to have room for all 3 of them... My sister is letting me borrow her infant carrier and bases (we also use Keyfit 30) so won't need that thankfully. We bought a crib that matches my son's and we'll move him to a big boy bed before the babies come. I did save all my gear from him but we do have quite a bit to get now that we're having 2! My sister passed down all her girl clothes so that is a huge blessing! We tested out all 3 car seats in my Highlander - I have captain's chairs- and it is sooo tight in there. Add in the stroller and my poor older son is squished in the back! My husband is still in denial about needing a minivan so I will wait until he comes around

35. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: yes, we’re still planning on a new car! Probably will start looking seriously when the weather warms up a bit, so maybe March or April. I’m leaning towards minivan, specifically the Toyota Sienna right now, but we’re going to check out a few, plus some SUVs. My brother has a Honda Pilot and they love it.

Haven’t really bought anything yet, except for a fisher price sit me up chair that I snagged on Facebook for pretty cheap. Right now we’re in the process of moving our cat’s litter box out of the room we’re using for the nursery. The only place we can put it now is the basement so we just ordered a cat door to install on the door so hopefully he’ll go down there to use it. He’s getting older so I hope he transitions well and doesn’t try to pee in the old litter box spot.

36. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: confetti cannon sounds fun!! 🎉🎊

@rousseae: oh wow both an anterior and posterior placenta, how cool!

At my appointment yesterday I asked about my placenta, and my OB said it looks posterior but at this stage it's kind of curved around the uterus so it's hard to say plus it can move. I'm going to ask again at my anatomy scan which is scheduled for 2/14 @QBbride: same day as you!

I've bought a few clothing items and some bow headbands 🎀 but that's it! In terms of gear we are thinking of buying a dockatot and maybe a rock n play or a swing since we didn't have those with my first, but we're saving those purchases until a little later.

37. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Jess93: @daisyfay: @megpie: @Knh1497: How are you ladies doing?

38. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Yes would love to hear an update from the ladies above! Hope everything is well

I’m feeling baby move TONS now! But all the movement is super low so I’m still positive I have an anterior placenta. Guess I will find out 100% on the 14th!

39. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: hope your anatomy scan goes well tomorrow!!
    @LadyDi: excited for yours too on Friday!! And gender reveal!

Anyone else have their anatomy scans coming up?

40. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: good luck tomorrow!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee