Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 Moms

1. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@starlitsky: @QBbride: Good luck at your scans and happy Valentine’s Day!

2. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: how did your scan go today? Mine was good in that baby cooperated and the tech was able to get all the pictures they needed, but I’m slightly worried because near the end he said, let me just check if I need more pics and he stepped out of the room for a few minutes. When he came back he did take a few more so I’m not sure if he called the doctor about something while he was gone? Hopefully it’s nothing and I’m just reading into it too much. My OB should be contacting me in a few days to discuss results.

I did find out I have a posterior placenta and the baby is measuring right on track for my due date. Oh and we confirmed it’s a girl!

Happy Valentine’s Day, mamas! 🥰😍💕

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: it was good thanks! I think they got all the pictures they needed. I found out my placenta is posterior which comes as a huge surprise because I haven’t been feeling movement the same way as with my daughter, who also had a posterior placenta. The tech confirmed the baby is very active though! I didn’t ask how baby was measuring but I asked about weight and she said about 350g I think. Heartbeat of 157. I have a midwife appointment next week so I’m sure she’ll tell me more then!

I’m sure everything is OK with your babe! If it was anything serious they would have called you today to discuss.

4. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: oh that is surprising about your placenta! I guess every pregnancy really is different!

You got such a great profile shot of your babe! I’ll try to upload pics later (maybe to our FB group) but I feel like mine came out so blurry/grainy. She was moving around a lot though, so maybe that’s why!

5. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: good luck today!!! Can’t wait to see your update!

6. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: eek can’t wait to hear about your ultrasound!!!

7. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

Thanks ladies! It’s a BOY! I really can’t believe it, haha. Even though I thought it was a boy, I’m still a little in shock.

Otherwise the ultrasound went well! Posterior placenta, and it moved away from my cervix. It was pretty low at my 12 week appointment.

8. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: congrats!!! You were right! Glad the ultrasound went well and that your placenta moved away from the cervix!

9. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@starlitsky: Thanks I am ready to start nesting!

10. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

Has anyone started buying new things for baby? I am a teensy bit sad still about not having a girl, so I am comforting myself by planning a Harry Potter nursery (DH is not a HP fan and definitely would have vetoed this for our other two kids). I bought my first item, a Harry Potter crib sheet, yesterday. And I have been going through and organizing, sorting and getting rid of the massive amount of clothes that we have. I am definitely in the mood to start nesting.

11. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: congrats! You were right!! Allow yourself to be a bit dissapointed if you are. There are definitely pros and cons to either!

I’ve bought a new infant car seat (mine expires in April) and a baby nest sort of like a dock a tot. That’s it so far! I kept my favourite baby clothes but I’m sure i’ll buy a few more things.

12. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

@LadyDi: oh my goodness! You have to share pics of the nursery- I love that!

@QBbride: what alternative to dock a tot did you find?

13. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@rousseae: the company is called Love Bird Baby Nests. She’s a local mama and her fabric is SO cute! She ships all over the world too!!! 😍

14. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

@QBbride: Awesome, thanks!

15. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@rousseae: I'll post pics when it's complete, I am shooting for tasteful and not over the top. Plus I am on a budget, which should help keep me reined in.

16. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: HP nursery sounds amazing!

I bought a few clothing items and shoes for the baby but trying to hold myself back. I have a lot of gender neutral clothes from my 1st baby plus I got 3 bags full of infant hand me downs from my coworkers so I feel like I’m pretty set on clothes for the first year!

I think we want to get the ride on board for our uppababy vista stroller!

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Anybody thought about the gestational diabetes test? I’m thinking of declining it this time. I have no risk factors (well I thought being 35 would be one but my midwife didn’t mention it) and my other two babies have been small (did the GD screening test the other times and passed with both of them). My midwife still recommended it but said she would support me either way (gotta love midwives!)

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Bought these for baby today! 🌈😍

19. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: I completely missed your post about the GD diabetes test. To be honest, I haven't ever really given it much thought! I probably will get it this time, but same as you I am low risk for it and didn't have it with my first two. Is there a particular reason you are thinking of declining or just because it's pretty much unnecessary since you're not really at risk for it?

Those little booties are adorable!

20. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: pretty much because I think it’s a pain in the butt to take and I always feel super crappy with it afterwards. And I feel like it doesn’t really change the management of a big baby... whether or not you have GDM, if your baby is big, it needs blood sugar testing (same if it’s super small). So to me it seems like an extra test. Having said that a friend of mine had insulin dependent GDM with both her pregnancies, so I know it does happen.

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@QBbride: from someone who has zero risk factors and still has GD I wouldn't skip the test. Diagnosing it generally keeps you from having a big baby because it can be well controlled. It's also bad for baby to be constantly washed in the extra glucose if you aren't processing it correctly. You can give them lifelong issues if you have it and it's uncontrolled. If you really don't want to take the test you can always test blood sugar for 2 weeks at home.

It is a required test with my midwives. If you refuse it they automatically treat you like you have GD because it can be so dangerous for baby

22. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@MamaBear87: oh interesting how different midwifery practices can be. Nothing is “required” with midwives here. I’ve even heard of people (not many) declining all ultrasounds, including the anatomy u/s!!

I do know the risk factors of having uncontrolled GDM and I do known it’s more than just having a “big baby”. I’m just not convinced when there are other ways to keep an eye on it (check if there is glucose in your urine, fundal height measuring big etc) but I do appreciate your response! Thanks!!

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@QBbride: I never had glucose in my urine and never measured big. If I had skipped the test it would not have been caught.

My midwives are pretty chilly about most things, but anything that ups your risk factors for delivering at the birth center are pretty much required

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@bananasareyellow: we need you to settle a debate on the POAS board with the OSOM crazy you've brought into our lives. 😂😬

25. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

Well I don't have gestational diabetes, but I do have low iron. Not a big deal, it's pretty borderline, but I am not excited about an iron supplement.

How is everyone else doing/feeling? I started cleaning/packing up our office, which we'll convert into a nursery. We were going to go car shopping Sunday until I realized all of the dealerships are closed on Sundays! Who knew?! But we already have my MIL babysitting so I think we're going to go on a lunch date instead.

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: hey! I’m doing well thanks. I’ve been super tired recently so I wouldn’t be surprised if my iron is low, it tanked in my other two pregnancies. Hoping to not work for too much longer. I’m finding the 12-hour days and nights killer on my body. Working even one night seems to take me days to recover. I have three weeks off now (we are going to San Diego in 2 weeks!). My next midwife appointment is next week. I want to ask her more questions about the velamentous cord insertion.

It’s really inconvenient for car dealerships to be closed on sundays! Which cars are you looking at? A new car is on our list, too.

27. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: I can only imagine how terrible 12 hour shifts are. I walk up two flights of stairs and I am winded. San Diego sounds amazing! We went there around this time of year before DS1 was born and I loved it. I think I am leaning towards Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey. DH would prefer an SUV but I really want whatever is easiest for me and I think that's a minivan at this point.

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: I will be getting my iron levels tested next time! I don’t think I had low iron with my previous pregnancy so I’m curious about this time around.

@Qbbride: hope you enjoy your trip to San Diego!! How fun!

I’m trying to find a newborn photographer and maybe schedule a 3D ultrasound. Is anyone else looking into these?

29. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@starlitsky: I have a newborn photographer, we’ve used the same one for all of our kids. I’ve never had an official 3D ultrasound and probably won’t this time, but during my 2nd pregnancy the us tech did sneak me a few 3D pictures.

30. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

@LadyDi: I just got a Honda Odyssey last week
    @starlitsky: Booking our newborn photographer today! We didn't have any taken with DS, but we're doing an in-home family session now that our family will be complete. As for 3D, I asked MFM if they could switch it over last week when I was there to see- they said with twins there's almost always another body part in the way of the face but said they'd try next time (26w). I really want to see their little faces! I've never had one before.

31. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@rousseae: oooo did you get a 2019? How do you like it so far?

32. rousseae

coffee bean / 41 posts

@LadyDi: I did! So far, I really like it. The sliding doors What sold me on it is that the captains chairs in the 2nd row slide side to side ("magic slide") and is the reason we chose it over the Sienna. I'll have DS (he'll be 3 in May) FF in the backseat and 2 RF infant carriers in the captains seats. In my Highlander, he couldn't get into the back seat without crawling and I certainly couldn't get back there to buckle him in which he still needs. With the Odyssey, I can just slide one of the captains' chairs to the middle and we can both access the 3rd row. Not to mention the big trunk behind the 3rd row that fits my giant City Select stroller (Highlander did not)! It drives well and no complaints so far!

33. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@rousseae: That's really good to know. I'll have DS1 (4) FF in the backseat, but he's going to be in a 5 pt harness for a looong time (he's small) so I want to be able to get back there as easily as possible. DS2 and DS3 will both be RF in the middle. Sliding sounds easy.

34. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I don’t think we’ll get a van but I’m considering wanting 3-across in the middle row of a 3-row SUV or captains chairs with probably my oldest (will have just turned 6, still in a 5-point harness) in the back. I think captains chairs will be so much easier so definitely leaning that way!

35. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LadyDi: @rousseae: i don't think I've been to any ultrasounds at my dr's office where they could switch it over to 3d!! I am super curious about what baby #2's face looks like. Last time we did one at an elective ultrasound place but we've since moved to a different city so I need to research.

As for newborn photos, I'm trying to decide between 2 different styles (and prices! haha) but hope to book someone soon!

36. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Oh, I forgot to answer about newborn photos and u/s’s even though my answers are super boring 🤣. We haven’t done maternity/newborn photos with our other two so we aren’t planning on it with this one either. But @rousseae: made a good point with your family being complete. It might be nice to get those early days photographed with your complete family ♥️ Having said that I don’t feel 100% done (although I think a lot depends whether my birth turns into high risk) but I don’t think my husband would agree to another one.

I’ve only ever had a dating u/s and anatomy u/s with my others. I have another u/s booked at 28 weeks at the hospital (I think to monitor growth because of the velamentous cord insertion), I wonder whether they would have anything 3D? There’s a private place here so I was thinking of maybe booking it so our other kiddos could see the baby. They’re so excited, especially my son, he is always cuddling my tummy ♥

37. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

I created an amazon registry the other day...mostly for the completion discount and because i know my mom and MIL will want to know if we need anything. Anyway, I got the welcome box if anyone else was thinking of signing up. I love free stuff!

It has an avent bottle, nipple pads, dreft sample, water wipes sample, pampers sample with a zipped pouch, honest co lotion, and a super cute muslin swaddle.

38. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LadyDi: that Muslin swaddle is adorable!! 🦓

39. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I had my midwife appointment today! Everything is good. She was super reassuring abt the velamentous cord insertion. She said the main thing was not tugging on the cord when delivering the placenta etc. Said I could labour at home as long as I want (which I had wanted to) and even said I would be a candidate for a home birth if I wanted. I would like one but I sort of ruled it out because I thought my DH would be adamantly against it. He came to my appointment today and surprisingly he wasn’t 100% against it, so you never know?!
    Fundal height measuring 25cm at 26 weeks and I’ve gained 9 lbs. My other babies have been on the smaller side, so I suspect this one will be the same. I do have an u/s booked at 28 weeks though to check growth and make sure I don’t have a previa (because of the velamentous cord insertion).

40. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@QBbride: that’s great! Sounds like it went about as well as it could have! I’m sure you’re so relieved

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee