Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2012 First Birthdays

1. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

Hey guys, the party was a ton of fun! I didn't take many pictures but here are a few from my phone/IG:

Eta-please ignore the dead grass in the dog run!

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Mrsjets: Looks amazing and delicious! Happy birthday, J! The cake looks incredible. Did it taste good, too? I didn't even notice the grass - too busy drooling over the food

3. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

I refuse to let Embrie turn 1. This is not happening! Ill admit I havent done much for planning yet. Im not 100% sure of what I want for her first birthday. We live in a really convenien spotso to invite people here would not be ideal. I also do not want any grandparents hosting since I feel that takes away from it a little bit. Either way it will be a GREAT day whatever we do.

I am so excited about everyones elses plans! They look so adorable!

4. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

@pregnantbee: yes! It was red velvet with cream cheese icing! The short stack was banana cake with vanilla buttercream - which was also delicious.

@lindsay05: It was definitely bittersweet and I did cry but I'm trying to focus on all the cool things we get to do in this next year.

5. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@Mrsjets: love love love the cake! what a great idea!

6. yoursilverlining

eggplant / 11824 posts

@Mrsjets: Love the cake - that looks amazing!!

7. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@Mrsjets: wow, what an amazing cake! Plus the food spread looks so delicious. I'm glad it all went well, looks like it was the perfect party.

8. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

How is the planning going ladies?

We got the printed invites this week and tomorrow I am going to pick out matching envelopes! My sister got us some photo stamps using G's easter picture - love! Other than that I have not done much. This weekend will be my first big crafting push!

9. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@Mrsjets: amazing cake!! Holy moly. I am in awe!! Happy birthday, J!!

I made our test cake this week! It came out well, I know what I have to do differently next week. Definitely need to do a crumb coat of frosting first, then frost with the black and red icings. I'm nervous about kids getting frosting on our carpet so I think we'll do cake outside and put a trash can outside - and maybe a clean up station?

I haven't been able to do much since M has been sick this week but I plan on getting the banner done this weekend. Hopefully I can find time to do so!!

10. yoursilverlining

eggplant / 11824 posts

We got E's invites printed and then I created a special wrap for them. I hand dyed the doily green to look like lettuce (for Peter Rabbit themed party) and tied with a "Peter Rabbit blue" ribbon.

11. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@yoursilverlining: wow! That is amazing!!! I love the lettuce wrap.

Is anyone doing favours? I'm stumped, have no idea what to do.

12. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

Any updates ladies? We are well into June now, parties must be happening left, right and centre!

For my part, I am thinking of attempting a tiny foods menu. Mini mac and cheese bites, mini sliders, mini meatballs, mini candied bacon churros. Ambitious. Lets hope it isn't a disaster.

13. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

@yoursilverlining: those invites are beautiful!

@plantains: that menu sounds fabulous and yes very ambitious! You'll do great though Can't wait to see pics of L!

14. yoursilverlining

eggplant / 11824 posts

We just had LO's party this Saturday - it was great, even better than I imagined! I am so proud of how her cake came out because I am nottttttt a baker (it was pretty much my first cake ever!) I'm going to try to upload all the pictures I took this week and will make a gold post about the party!

15. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@yoursilverlining: Oh, my, I'm just seeing this now. Even though I've subscribed to the thread, I haven't gotten any emails to let me there are new posts! The invite looks amazing!

@plantains: I'm also stumped on favors, and the party is in 1.5ish weeks! Circus theme (with a dog twist). So far, I only have bottles of bubbles. There will be 3 babies (in addition to my son), a 1.5-yr-old, a 3-yr-old, and a 9-yr-old. I know that one thing won't work for everyone, but do you have any ideas? (I thought about boxes of animal crackers, but they're really expensive for crackers, and I'd prefer not to give food favors.) A tiny foods menu is adorable Can't wait to see how it will turn out.

@yoursilverlining: Can't wait to see pictures!!

I've been buying and making a number of things for the party. It's still a "circus dogs" theme. Ordered a professional cake -- nothing crazy, but I didn't want the pressure of making that myself. I do still want to try to make his smash cake, but I'm having trouble finding cake pans the right size. And I have no idea what recipe to use! Small details His party is also based around the colors primary blue, red, and a little lime green.

Fingers crossed that I can make it come together!

16. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@pregnantbee: I immediately thought about the boxes of Barnums animal crackers because they are 2 dollars a box, but if you don't want food that won't work. Bubbles are great favors IMO, I need to put my thinking cap on and see what comes up!

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@plantains: Thanks! I may have to look in a physical store for the Barnum boxes. (Buying online is too expensive, in my opinion, for animal crackers.) I'd consider getting them for the 1.5, 3, and 9-yr-olds. It's tough b/c a lot of cute favors have parts that are way too small for most of the little guests.

18. mediagirl

We're done!!! I officially have a one year and one day old TODDLER. She will always be my baby, though. There is no doubt about that.

I posted our party pictures in a separate thread. The party went great. We had it at 4pm and that time seemed to work well for everyone. We started eating around 5 and did cake at 5:30. M was super tired by 5:30 so at the end of her cake smash, she rubbed her eyes and got frosting all in her eyes. Poor boo!!

We had the party outside at our house. We were really worried that TS Andrea was going to ruin things but it dried out in time. The kids loved the water table and the ball pit, they kept them entertained.

@yoursilverlining: beautiful invites! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos!
    @plantains: I made cookies shaped and decorated like ladybugs and gave those as favors. Easy and cheap, PLUS, it's food. Who doesn't love food to go? When are you going to start making your food items? The day before or that day? Sounds delicious!
    @pregnantbee: the animal crackers idea is a great one! I bet you can find those little boxes at grocery stores - or do they not sell them anymore? Could you do bubbles and puree packs + animal crackers for the little kids and bubbles and cracker jacks + animal crackers for the older kids?

19. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@mediagirl: Wow, that is a great picture! I'm glad it all went so well, I'm off to hunt down the party pictures.

The ladybug cookie favours is an excellent idea. Did you use a cookie cutter? Can you post a tutorial?

20. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mediagirl: It turned out so great! Amazing job on the cake and cookies and everything! If I can find animal cracker boxes, I'll get some. In the meantime, I'm giving bubbles and sheets of circus stickers

21. mediagirl

@plantains: I used a cookie cutter that I bought on Amazon for way too much money. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NT9ZTG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used her recipe and the cookies were SO GOOD!! The recipe made 14 cookies. After that, I just used the picture on the card that came with the cutter as a guide and decorated them with red cookie icing and black writing icing. Next time, I would use black cookie icing. The black writing icing didn't dry so it smeared when people put them into baggies. Didn't matter - still delicious!!

22. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@mediagirl: I looked at that cookie cutter! I will probably get it because I have Amazon Prime so why not:)

Plus it can do double duty on sandwiches too.

23. mediagirl

@pregnantbee: how was your party last weekend??

@plantains: did you have your party?

Is anyone left?

24. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@mediagirl: The party was SO much fun. He gently scooped some of the icing off his smash cake -- never really "smashed" it. He was fascinated by the balloons, and our guests were like the paparazzi. The details turned out well, and it was a great day that I know I'll remember forever.

@ree723: Did you end up having a party?

25. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@mediagirl: My party was amazeballs! I have a few pics from friends on my ipad photostream so will post them when I get home. I'm waiting for a friend who took pictures for us to send some. Here is a quick one of her outfit to tide you over until then:)

26. mediagirl

@plantains: oh, she's so beautiful.

@pregnantbee: so, you're going to start a gold thread and post pictures for us, RIGHT?

27. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@mediagirl: thanks!

@pregnantbee: i also vote for a gold thread

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@plantains: She is stunning! Love her dress!

@mediagirl: Not sure about posting photos. Maybe I'd be more inclined if we went gold. Would that be leaving any Junebug mamas out?

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee