Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I hear ya loud and clear! It still could be just early for you to be dilating! I was just barely at 1cm at 37 weeks, so hopefully those contractions will actually start doing something down there now!

2. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: I hope so!! Although since i am having a c-section dilation isn't all that important...I wish I knew my water would just break when its ready so i would know and could stop timing my contractions all day every day.

3. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

Hi mamas! I haven't posted lately, but have kept up and kept you all in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Mini (ok, major) vent: I am so close to over this. 39 weeks tomorrow. I feel so incredibly selfish--I should be so happy and grateful for this beautiful miracle inside me. And I am!! I just want her on the outside!!

Everyone at work says to me everyday, "No baby yet??" DO you SEE a baby? Oh yeah, I popped her out last night...just had to grab some paper work, she's in the car. Good grief. Encouragement would be nice.

The receptionist at the chiropractor called me back to the room yesterday by saying, "Heave yourself on back here." Are you f-ing kidding me? I said nothing out of fear what might come out of my mouth.

The texts I get saying, "No baby yet?" are also super annoying. I will let you know when the baby is here. Don't text me about the baby unless it is words of encouragement.

I just fell asleep last night (a feat all in itself) and SILs started a group text ~10:15...come on!!! Some people are in bed. Be respectful!!

Ahhh---rant over. Sorry guys. Today is a new day I suppose. Tomorrow is Friday!!! Have a great day today.

4. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Coral: You are so close momma! Hang in there!!

5. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Coral: Oh, I feel for you...mostly because I'm in the same boat (39 weeks tomorrow, too)! Someone sent this to me, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to post it on FB today, because seriously? We've had phone calls from people who aren't even close friends asking if we've had the baby yet. And I mean, I appreciate that they're concerned or curious, but seriously? Hold your horses, people! We'll share when she's here! Anyway, the link: http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

6. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: I LOVE that link!! @Mrs. Coral: Just had to comment because I am losing my ever-loving mind with the texts. I'm not even as far along as you (36w tomorrow) and my mom (who drives me crazy on her best day) texts me every. single. day. with a daily countdown. And that's it! Just "29!" What am I supposed to say to that? And not even an inquiry about how I'm feeling/doing, dealing with this blizzard, battling a nasty cold, carrying a 5lb bowling ball around.... It makes my blood boil.

And "heave yourself" would have made me lose my shit. You have the patience of a saint!

7. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Coral: Gracious, people just have no tact sometimes. But you are so close!

@Mrs. Rabbit: LOVE the link! Similar to diddukewin.com, which gets circulated around here on social media sometimes, haha.

@loopedd: Every day, wow! And I thought my mom was bad! She WAS texting me every day after the possible high BP thing, but then I told her she needed to calm down - that I was fine and in good hands. I'm sure she'll get back to every day texts once I get to 39 weeks or so.

8. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Kbee: It would be one thing if we normally texted every day... but we most certainly DO NOT I think I'm having an especially sensitive day today... I feel like a classic crazy pregnant lady! On a happier note... do you have any fun bday plans this weekend??

9. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@loopedd: I hear ya - everything makes me crazy too! As far as birthday weekend goes - probably just a nice dinner out tomorrow night, maybe a movie or something. Keeping it simple!

10. Mrs. Lion

@Kbee: That sounds like fun!

11. Mrs. Rabbit

Had my appointment this morning (38+6, basically 39 weeks) and I'm 4cm, 80% and the baby's at -2. CRAZY! I saw a different midwife this time and she doesn't think I'll make it to my due date next Saturday. EEEK!

12. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: YAY!!!! BABY!!!!

13. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: AMAZING news!! So happy for you Enjoy your (hopefully) last weekend as a mama of one!

14. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Yay! That's so exciting!

15. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Oooooh yay!!! More February babies!!

16. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: woohoo!!

17. Mrs. Lion

I just saw this posted on FB and thought I would share. Made me smile

18. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: wow! You sound close!

Can't wait for more February babies. My friend is due February first and still waiting on her little one. She is team green. So excited for all of you. Labor dust!

19. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Wow!! I bet you can't wait!

@Mrs. Lion: hahaha. one day at a time

20. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA since being induced about three weeks ago, but I've been thinking of all of you and hope that you are having a lovely final few weeks.

I'm happy to report that I had a little boy on January 14th. The induction took about 30 hours, but wasn't too bad. I'm just so happy to have LO home. I had no idea that I could love anything as much as I love him.

21. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Detour: Congratulations!! So glad to hear you are doing well!

22. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Mrs. Detour: I've been wondering how you were doing and if you'd had your baby. Congratulations on your little boy!

23. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Detour: YAY!!! Congratulations!!!

24. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Detour: congrats!!!

25. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Detour: congrats!!!

26. mrs. tictactoe

Nobody shoot me, but I still like being pregnant. 37 weeks tomorrow. I feel big, but not painfully so, and I'm not too terribly uncomfortable. It is hard to get up in the morning for work, but it is flying by - only a week and a half left. I really hope this doesn't mean I'll be really over due, though...

27. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Detour: Congratulations!! I share a birthday with your little boy -- a good day to be born So happy you are home and doing well.

I have been having tons of stomach/GI pain lately and such a hard time breathing. Mrs. Jazz just shared this with me and it's fascinating to see -- no wonder I feel so weird, my intestines are smushed up in my lungs!

http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/

28. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I certainly don't hate you, I'm just jealous!! I'm finishing work the same day as you so hoping that after that I will relish these last couple of weeks pre-baby.

29. Mrs. Rabbit

@mrs. tictactoe: Totally hate you. KIDDING! Some days feel better than others. I'm mostly at an impatient stage right now. I've been walking a decent amount and it's actually helping me sleep better and I'm not waking up feeling as achy, so the days have been easier to get through. Overall, I enjoy being pregnant...except for these last few weeks where one day can feel like a whole month while I wait for something—anything—to happen (i.e. go into labor).

30. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Rabbit: I'm sure I'll be in the same boat once work is done and I'm just waiting!

It is crazy to think that in 5 weeks at the most, the baby will be here! I hope it's more like 3, though. But that still freaks me out! 3 weeks?!?! Holy moly. And I get REALLY freaked out when I think that I could have the baby at any point now.

31. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I'm 38 weeks and feeling pretty good too. I'm done with work now, so it's nice to enjoy some time to myself before everything changes. Although if you'd said that sometime in the last two weeks when I was feeling miserable, I might have hated you a little bit.

This weekend DH and I are planning a date night to celebrate both our birthdays a little early since his is my due date and mine is two weeks later. Anyone else planning on doing anything fun before the baby comes?

32. Mrs. Lion

@mrs. tictactoe: I am so jealous!! I just scheduled a pt appointment for tomorrow....hoping that will help my awful back pain! i think if I could deal with that I would be a lot more comfortable.

We are all getting so close! Hang in there ladies

33. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

I'm 38 weeks now and definitely ready to have this baby! Yesterday at my appointment my blood pressure was a little high, but the NST went well so they aren't worried. BUT now of course I'm all on edge about it wondering if it'll happen again or keep going up. Luckily baby keeps wiggling around, so that's at least reassuring, but I would really just feel better if I could see his little face and watch his tummy go up and down as he breathes. Come soon, little man! We're ready for you!!

34. Mrs. Lion

Went to physical therapy for the first time since Christmas and omg was it amazing. 20 minutes on my stomach on a maternity massage table with a heating pad, and then pretty much a 30 minute deep tissue massage on my lower back. I wish I could go every day! I feel better than I've felt in a long time

@Circusbee: I had higher blood pressure than usual at my last 2 appointments and I have been on edge about the same thing. Hope everything is ok!! Wiggling is a good thing

35. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Mrs. Lion: That sounds absolutely heavenly!

36. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: I hear you on being ready! Someone was telling me yesterday about going 10 days late and I was like I cannot imagine this for another month lol!

@Mrs. Lion: Oh that sounds amaaaaazing! Can you believe you're almost at 37 weeks??

37. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

I'm 37+2 today and can't wait to be done. I have a palm sized area by my belly button that is super painful. DH put his hand there last night and I jumped about 3 feet in the air. I don't remember being in any pain when I was pregnant with L. Hang in there ladies!

38. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: oh that sounds awesome!!

@Circusbee: glad your NST went well. The worry never ends!

@dagret: ouch! I wonder what is causing that.

39. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: stop it, that sounds beyond delightful. If I'm still pregnant after my freaking due date I should look into getting a massage. So glad you got to indulge a little

@dagret: oh no! hope you're okay!!

Along the same note as Dagret, I had a super painful area on my left side. It felt like a runner's stitch, but I think I got it from lifting my daughter. I have been walking a mile every day, but this happened after I picked her up. SUPER painful, especially when a contraction came along. This morning it hurt so much I could barely move, so my husband convinced me to call my midwife. She said it was most likely a pulled muscle, too, and that rest was the only way to really help it. Luckily, sitting and not moving has helped it. Go figure.

I think I'm giving up on ways to make this baby come out. It's only making me discouraged. Instead of walking and the sex and the spicy food and pineapple (and bouncing on yoga balls, and everything else), I think I just want to sit on the couch and eat cupcakes for the next two weeks (if it's going to be that much longer).

40. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Lion: that sounds amazing! I've been thinking of booking a massage for a few weeks now, I should do it!

@dagret: I had a really painful area on my stomach for a while too. It only hurt if I touched it or if B pushed on it when I was holding her or whatever. The dr said I was probably bruised internally from the baby kicked and stuff. It went away after about a month or so?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee