Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@anonysquire: oh my goodness! He is so sweet 💗💗 congratulations!!

2. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Thank you everyone. He's so dang tiny haha. I am still in shock.

3. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: Gah! He's so sweet! Guessing that means you got to hold him YAY!

4. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: he is sooooo cute!!! So tiny and sweet. I'm glad all is well with you and baby - keep sending pics

5. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@anonysquire: He's perfect!! What a cutie!!

6. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@anonysquire: Congratulations!!!! He's just perfect!

7. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    Feb 5: anonysquire

-March 2017 Mamas to Be-
    Feb 27 (scheduled): JennEn
    March 5: Raspberries
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty , kick641
    March 21: daniellemybelle
    March 22: codeitall
    March 24: lilyann
    March 26: LoveHope , islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum , Mrs. Pen
    March 30: Aspen
    March 31: beth24
    April 2: mrsmacSLP

Always in our hearts :
    Coffee-Lover's baby boy

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Pinkberrry: At a company party last week, one of my coworkers (who's a manager and a mother, and should know better) asked how long it took me to find a dress that fit. Seriously, people???

@Mrs. Pen: Congratulations on your new house! It sounds like you're in for a busy March - I feel like if there was ever a time to splurge on a moving company/house cleaner, this is it.

I got my first iron infusion this past Friday, and I'm scheduled to have one every Friday until birth (I'm B12 deficient too, so I'll be getting B12 shots every other Friday.) At my 36 week appt today, I had my first cervical check and I'm 1 cm dilated - and baby's head is high but engaged, so at least things are moving along a little!

Now that our first March mama has had her baby (congrats again @anonysquire: !!!), it occurred to me that we can maybe start a labor watch thread - what do you guys think? Separate thread, or just keep it all together in this main one?

9. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Thanks ladies it still feels surreal.

@raspberries: I love the labor watch boards!!

10. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: I want to put in an eye roll emoji.. 'how long did it take you to find a dress that fit?' People suck.

@anonysquire: Glad you get to hold him now, he looks so small in your hand! How is he doing health wise? He looks so perfect! Were you surprised that it was a boy, or did you have a feeling?

Just over 35 weeks here, had my first at 37w5d and my second at 37w1d so could be getting close! I've been having lots of braxton hicks where they get totally uncomfortable which I didn't have in either pregnancy before. The other day I almost started timing them, but then they tapered off.
    Totally not ready for this baby, realized the other day we don't have a dresser ( how do you not realize you don't have a dresser hahah) Being team green makes it so hard for me to organize anything.

11. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

@anonysquire: I honestly forgot how adorable little wrinkled newborn hands are! Congrats!

@Mrs. Pen: I totally agree with @raspberries, house cleaners would be sooo worth it for me.Although you might have friends in the area who want to pitch in if they get to see the baby

@raspberries: I'm leaning towards a separate thread, but I'm not overly opinionated about it.

@MrsB2012: Haha, who needs a dresser when you have a laundry basket, that's my current policy I have the same problem with being team green. I want to organize the whole house, but actually getting ready for baby? Nope, apparently not.

This last weekend I had the WORST heartburn of my life. I literally thought it was food poisoning. I had a slight fever, threw up, my whole body ached... it was awful. And then I read around on the internet and tried two Tums. I felt almost normal within the hour Heartburn, guys, it's real.

12. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

@anonysquire - I was just reading your post about induction and came here and saw this! I am so happy to see you and the baby are doing well. He is just gorgeous!

13. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Alright ladies - I created a labor watch thread here:

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/march-2017-labor-watch

(EEEEEK!)

14. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: What do the BH contractions feel like for you? I keep getting crampy feelings (especially at night when I'm trying to go to sleep), but everything I've read says they should feel like tightening and shouldn't be painful...?

@codeitall: Oh god, the heartburn - I'm sorry you're dealing with it too. I swear my acid reflux is so bad it goes all the way up my esophagus and through my sinuses/ear canals sometimes. SO painful.

15. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@codeitall: @raspberries: heartburn is the worst! My indigestion has been so bad! I asked my dr for an rx 2 appointments ago and she gave me one, then I never filled it as it eases up. The last few nights have been sooo bad! The burning coming up my throat is killer! I'm just trying to picture a nice head of hair when the baby comes haha.

@raspberries: my Braxton hicks usually just feel like a tightening in an area, but lately they're been a painful /cramping tightening.
    Thanks for doing the labour watch board! So excitinf

16. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

Is anyone else going to try eating dates now that we are getting closer? My labors are extremely long, so I am willing to try Apparently 6 per day for 4 weeks is the magic number, ha!

17. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: I've actually never heard of eating dates - do you know anyone it's worked for? I'm already eating dates for constipation, so I guess I'll just keep it up? Haha!

18. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@raspberries: I don't personally know anyone but apparently there is some "research" behind it. I figure I can cut them up and put them in my oatmeal in the AMs.

19. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: Interesting! I mix them in with my oatmeal or Greek yogurt - I have a feeling they're going to be one of those foods that I won't be able to stand when I don't have to eat them anymore, ha

20. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

I did the date thing and had a veeeerrry fast labor - too fast almost. Like contractions went from 0-100 within 5 minutes, and were stacked on top of each other. Having said that, I am gonna go for it again - but at least now I know what to expect.

21. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@oskarsmommy: Eeeek! How many per day and when did you start? I had a 28 hour labor (before they called for a csection) with DS1 and a 72 ish hour labor (VBAC) with DS2....blah.

22. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@lilyann: I've never heard this before, interesting! I'll stay away from it though as I have fast labours haha ( 5 hours with my first and about 3 with my second!)

23. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@anonysquire: Congrats, he is precious!

24. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@lilyann: I think I had about 4-5 a day. I think I started around 36 weeks - don't totally remember. I know my first cramp like contractions started around 8pm, shit got real around 9:15 pm, and my son was born at 12:28 am. So 4 hours from first contractions

Truthfully I am a little torn, I don't want a long labor, but if the second is supposedly shorter than the first maybe I should stay away!

For you though it seems like a good option - plus dates are delicious!

25. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

I just realized that I think I've been having BH but I thought it was just the baby stuck in one spot..haha.
    I had my shower on Sunday and got toooons of clothes but not a lot of things that I will actually need. Luckily a lot of things came with receipts so I'll return it for the stuff I will need (like my car seat and stroller)

26. Mrs. Pen

@Pinkberrry: I've always heard that's the problem with having girls! Everyone wants to buy clothes and not actual baby stuff haha! For my shower with my first, I did get some clothes, but also got a lot off my registry- so that was really nice.

@lilyann: @oskarsmommy: omg I've never heard about the date thing 😂😂😂 I actually have been eating these delicious carrot date homemade muffins my hubby makes.
    I'm a little worried about having a labor that's too fast though too, especially because my birth center is about 40-45 minutes away! I was induced with J, and it was a hard and fast labor. Pitocin started at 5pm, Active labor started at 12am, and I delivered at 3:44am.

27. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

Does anyone have recommendations for a contraction timer app?

28. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: I have Full Term downloaded, but haven't actually had timeable contractions - I liked that it allows you to set up an alert for frequency and duration though, so it'll let you know when you're having 1 minute contractions 5 minutes apart or whatever.

29. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

Well, I'm 35 weeks today and we have a big weekend of baby returns/purchases planned and I'm starting to get more anxious about this baby. This is my first and I just feel like she's going to come early and I won't be prepared..or even if she arrives on time I won't be prepared! I have full confidence in my doctor and hospital and with a medical background myself I'm not worried about any complications like a c-section if necessary, but I just don't know how I'll mentally be. What if i have a panic attack mid labor?? I'm a control freak in certain areas of my life including my health and I'm not great at coping with quick change..like going into labor! Guh, did any other FTMs feel this way?? I suppose I'm mostly just afraid of the unknown.

30. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: How are you guys settling in? Are you home?

@lilyann: I just downloaded a random one that came up when I searched. Haven't tried it yet. I never really timed contractions with my last two pregnancies so don't have any recommendations

@Pinkberrry: I think that's a totally normal way to feel. I feel that way and this is my third delivery haha. That's the thing is even if you've done it before, you still don't know what it's going to be like the next time. The only thing I can say is our bodies are truly amazing, and it's really mind baffling how you just know what to do when the time comes.

36 weeks tomorrow! If this baby comes the same time as my last two, I'll have a baby in 7-10 days! Crazy!

31. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@MrsB2012: hey! I've been home since Tuesday. Rock is still in the nicu. He's doing good! He's lost some weight but is almost back up to birth weight! He's off his IV nutrition, only on .5 liter of oxygen and just all around doing awesome! Hoping to take him home next week!

32. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Pinkberrry: Your worries are totally normal! This is a huge life change, I think it's only natural that you're feeling a little fear of the unknown. During your actual labor, you'll have nurses with you who have seen it all and will totally reassure you that everything is okay... I swear 80% of L&D nurses are angels in disguise.

@anonysquire: Awww, speaking of angels... what a sweet little man! And how are you feeling? Recovery going alright?

I had my 37 week check-up this morning - 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was 1cm dilated and no effacement just a week ago - wahoo!!!!

33. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@anonysquire: Popping onto the board to say congrats. He's adorable, and it sounds like he's making great progress. Hope you're doing well!!

34. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: he is so sweet!! Love that little smirk he is giving! Glad he is making good progress!!

35. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@raspberries: @littlejoy: @oskarsmommy: thanks ladies!! I'm doing great. Healing nicely!

Rock is doing great too! His bilirubin levels went down so they are now putting him in clothes!!!! And an open crib! So that's a step closer to going home. Also he's now taking all feeds by bottle. Well I guess I should say he's been offered the bottle at every feed, but if he's too tired they give it in his tube. I'm really, really hoping he gets to come home this week and his nurse practioner is thinking the same thing! He's such a sweet baby. I can't wait to get him home with me. It sure is a hard balancing act trying to clean the house, cook, take care of my other two, pump every 3 hours, visit Rocky everyday, oh and sleep.

36. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: that's awesome he's doing well! Fingers crossed he can come home soon!

@raspberries: yay for progress!

I have my 36 week appt tomorrow, she's doing the group b swab tomorrow. I wanna ask her to check for dilation while she's down there, is that weird? haha. I know she doesn't usually check as I've never been checked before! They start sweeps at 38 weeks here, but I've never gone to 38 weeks. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I just wanna know if I'm dilated at all haha.
    I had a major nesting spree today, cleaning for hours! All I want to do is nap while the girls are napping, but my body is forcing me to clean haha

37. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@raspberries - exciting progress!
    @MrsB2012 - good luck on the test! just found out today that I am gb negative, so that is great news!

I am still managing to exercise in the morning, but man, then I hobble around work like an 80 yr old woman all day. I just walked to rite aid like 2 blocks away (to get the most generic v-day gift and card ever) and I swear I barely made it. walking is bringing on MAJOR BH contractions, I was honestly worried it would pop my water the tightness got so severe..

36 weeks, and really hoping this baby sits tight another 3-4 weeks!!

38. Mrs. Pen

@oskarsmommy: @MrsB2012: crazy that you two are already at 36 weeks- it's almost term!!! Ahhhh.
    I had my 34 week appt today. This baby is still not completely head down! His head is toward my lower left side and butt/back over on my right side. I feel the most pressure and movement over on the right.
    They said at my 36 week appt, if his head isn't in my pelvis, they'll do an ultrasound for positioning and discuss possible aversion.

@oskarsmommy: gah you're amazing. I'm not working out at all. Although this weekend the weather was gorgeous so we went walking while my son rode his bike. I made it only 1.5 miles each time before my groin pain was sooo bad I was limping. It's why I stopped working out about a month ago, the pain is so bad!

@anonysquire: omg lady do you have anyone to help??! You're only like a week post Partum! I could never clean/cook that soon. That's so much to handle. I hope you're recovering okay!

@raspberries: ah 37 weeks already!!! So crazy... it's basically any day now.

39. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@oskarsmommy: haha I feel the same way! My BH are so insane I swear my water is going to break from the pressure haha. I've been trying to walk lots this week as it's finally warming up ( like -3C compared to the -25C it's been lately.) I have to take my 2 toddlers in the double stroller and there's lots of hills here. I can't believe the BH I get from pushing them.

40. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Had my appt today. She asked to check me while she was doing the swab. I'm 2cm, but said I was long and thick, but then said she suspects I'll have baby next week. Not sure why she thinks that (aside from my other two being born at 37w) She also commented how she could feel the head there so maybe that's why she said next week. She said she's away this weekend so to hold off haha. I would love to have this baby next Wednesday, the timing would be so ideal. It would mean missing out on some crazy i law drama fingers crossed haha

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee