Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

Hi ladies -
    So I had my growth scan today, and while the dr didn't express any concern, I am a bit worried at the measurements seem a bit off. My baby's head is measuring a couple weeks ahead (but my husband and son have a big head) and baby's femurs and humerus are both measuring behind. I know this is a bit similar to annonysquires story.
    I plan to call the Peri tomorrow to discuss - we will see what he has to say.

2. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@oskarsmommy: (popping in from feb board) DS had very similar measurements and my dr never expressed any concern. Head was always measuring big, I think last week it was measuring 39+ but the femur was measuring 33 or 34w.... I'm assuming DS will just have a big head like his sister!! can't wait to push it out tomorrow

3. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Ajsmommy: thanks! Good luck tomorrow!!!

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Great news! Hope your little one decides to come on Wednesday to avoid the in-law situation - I'm so excited for you Team Greenies to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

@oskarsmommy: Hope your peri can reassure you that everything is alright - I know any discrepancy can be worrisome, especially this close to delivery. If it's any consolation, I think it gets harder to accurately assign weeks based on individual measurements as you get closer to the end, just due to natural variation. Fingers crossed - let us know how it goes!

@Ajsmommy: Ah, good luck tomorrow!

5. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@oskarsmommy: Did you get any update today? I'm sure that the Dr would have expressed some kind of concern if there was anything that was worrysome. Like it was said above, at this stage is can be so hard to get proper measurements.

6. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@oskarsmommy: did they say how many weeks behind? I mean at our ultrasound his legs and arms were 8-9 weeks behind. But even so he looks pretty normalish to me. I think it's also normal this late in the game to have measurements that are off!!! Oh and also how's the weight? Ours was so behind and that's mostly why the doctor was concerned.

7. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire @mrsb2012 @raspberries:

Dr called back and told me he took a look again, and all looked good to him - no worries at all.

There were two sets of measurements - one from the tech and one from him. The tech had
    Head : 39w2d 87.9%
    Femur: 34w2d 6.4%

The Dr's measurements were better -
    69.8%
    19.8%

But I was still thrown.

They both got the weight around 6lbs. And regardless - the Dr told me to not have any concerns - that all looked ok to him.

I guess this guy will just be smaller than my son in terms of length/height.

anonysquire - how are you and your baby doing?

8. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@oskarsmommy: that's a great weight!!! I'm sure he will pop out just fine!! So crazy how different people get different measurements though haha.

Rock is doing great! He got a new roommate yesterday who is a week and a half younger but twice his size. I can't help but feel guilty and like I did something wrong and that's why he's so small. So silly since its genetics stuff, but I still feel guilty. He's taking bottles now and I honestly don't know why he's still there. I'm trying to reach the nurse practitioner and she's been busy today. Hoping he's home soonz

9. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: I can't imagine that juggle- especially with two young ones at home. Hopefully he comes home soon!

10. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

PSA: if something feels wrong, call your doctor and/or go to labor and delivery!

I'd been having increasing amounts of Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing I did made them slow down, they just got more frequent over 3 days! So we went in last night to get checked out. Fortunately, the contractions were not doing anything yet. Turns out I was part of the lucky 2% of pregnant women who get a UTI with no symptoms and they can trigger pre-term labor. Never been so grateful to hear I have an infection! Contractions have slowly been easing up since I started the antibiotics and it looks like baby has more time to cook because I went in early enough.

Better safe than sorry, listen to your instincts!

11. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@codeitall: omg so crazy!
    I had a UTI in second trimester and went on abx. Definitely better safe! I didn't know uti's could cause pre term labor. So glad you and babe are doing alright!

12. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@codeitall: Thank goodness you went in when you did! I also have asymptomatic UTIs (discovered during my last pregnancy) and they have me do a clean catch every week at my OB appt, just to make sure. Here's hoping you have no more contractions until it's actually time for the baby to come!

@anonysquire: Fingers crossed he can come home soon!

13. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

Oh goodness, I could almost cry. The doctor called today to tell me to stop taking the antibiotics... because the bacteria cultures came back negative. No UTI, just pre-labor here ladies. Which helps explain why the contractions still haven't disappeared...

I'm supposed to take it easy and try to keep the baby in a bit longer. At almost 36 weeks, the doctor says they wouldn't try and stop labor. So I'm here at work trying to finish up my projects because if I was at home, I'd be cleaning

And to make it all more absurd, I have a really promising job interview scheduled in a week! I went through two phone interviews with flying colors and now I'm headed on-site, but they have no idea I'm pregnant!

14. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@codeitall: oh wow!! good luck with the interview - and keeping baby in! But if baby is ready to come out, then I hope all goes smoothly!

15. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@codeitall: omg that's sooo crazy!!!! About the labor AND the job interview! Whoa! Well good luck
    Do the contractions hurt?

16. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@codeitall: crazy, hopefully baby stays in a bit longer!
    Are you going to tell them before the on site interview you're pregnant?

I updated on the other board, but we had our baby girl yesterday. A super fast 3 hour labor with one big push and one small push and she was out. I begged them to let me go home early as my room was incredibly uncomfortable, my dr was ok with that, so we went home yesterday afternoon. Maisie has done well but I'm having a bit of troubles with her latch, so a public health nurse is going to come have a look tomorrow. She's trying desperately feeding constantly, but my milk hasn't come in yet, I'm hoping it does soon. Last night she was feeding constantly from 830pm-330am, it was really difficult.
    My other daughters absolutely love her and it melts my heart seeing them with her.

17. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@MrsB2012: so sweet that your older daughters love her!!

Bummer about the bf issues. I want to believe baby #2 will be a breeze - but I'm learning that is not always the case. Hope tonight goes easier!

18. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@MrsB2012: aww congrats!!! Hope the feeding issues get resolved quick!!

19. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Guys, Rocky came home yesterday!!!! We have our first ped appt tomorrow. He's still a little less than 3.5 pounds, but is doing so well!

20. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: yay!!! Happy for you and your family!!

21. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@MrsB2012: Hoping your milk comes in soon and that the nurse is able to help her latch!

@anonysquire: Yay! What a little fighter! So glad he is home with you all and that you find a good routine soon!

22. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

@oskarsmommy: Thanks

@Mrs. Pen: The contractions definitely hurt this weekend (ironically peaking at the hospital), but not like the full-on labor ones I remember from last time. Fortunately they've eased up the last couple days so I'm sleeping better and I think that has helped the most.

@MrsB2012: Um, I'm going for more of the show up for interviews and if they seem apprehensive, reference that if I'm the right candidate and this is the right position for me, we can make it work out. They've already seemed open to the idea of a later start date to accommodate my current vesting schedule, so I have that going for me. But if I do take it, it will mean an entirely unpaid maternity leave for sure...
    And Maisie is such an adorable name, I love that her siblings are so engaged with her, that's one of my biggest fears. I hope the nurse was able to help out with her latch!

@anonysquire: So exciting! Hope your family is getting settled in well with Rocky!

23. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

CONGRATS to all the new mamas so far!! Yeah for Rocky being home and I'm a little jealous of your baby girl!

Had my last OB visit the other day before the c-section. Gotta be honest, I'm more impatient waiting for the surgery than I was for the due date of my first. Just get it over with already!! Anyway, still haven't even installed the car seat, but I guess we have time. My doctor said to anticipate being sent home in two days, so that's a bit of a relief as the hardest part about all this is being away from Colton. Oh and my husband picked a name for the baby, but he said he'll surprise me with it when he's born on Monday. Hope it's a good one!! 🤗

24. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

Just wanted to share one of our maternity photos because I finally got the sneak peek today, lol, just a few days after the baby was born. Hahah!! Thanks for all the fashion advice...

And now I'm feeling weepy and emotional... sigh.

25. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@JennEn: so cute!!!

26. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@JennEn: so sweet! Yes, I dread the mourning of my family of three - I know I will be sad over it. Then feel guilty for feeling sad, then sad again.

27. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@JennEn: Aww! Turned out super cute!!

28. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

Uuugh! Sinus infection - literally haven't slept in two days!

29. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@oskarsmommy: Oh no! You poor thing! I hope you get relief soon!

30. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@JennEn: love the colour of your dress! Great pic!

@oskarsmommy: feel better

31. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Girls for this first time mommy... I know what the mucus plug is but a few of you wrote you noticed it... how would I know? Also contractions? What are they like?

32. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Weswife: I started losing pieces of mine with DS2 around 36 ish weeks? It was yellow/green ish and just like a giant booger. TMI but I would lose pieces while having a BM or just in my underwear.
    I have braxton hicks very early on and they can be annoying but I knew something was different when there was more pain and my breath was taken away a bit with real contractions. I hope that helps!

33. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: thanks... I googled last night and I may have lost some today but honestly have no idea! And I am pretty positive I haven't had any contractions yet not even Braxton hicks.

34. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Weswife: Have you had a cervical check yet? I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and am going to ask my Doc for one.

35. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: I requested not to have any... doc is ok with it. He said I really don't need any until labor anyway

36. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

Ugh, today walking into work I totally fell off this high curb walking into the building..so I fell like 2 feet and rolled onto my back. I called my doc and luckily the baby is still moving a ton and I'm not leaking fluid or having contractions...Ugh it would happen at week 38 though.

37. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Pinkberrry: oh no! That sounds scary. Glad baby seems to be ok - yeah I have to remind myself to slow down all the time!

38. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

Maybe this will be my last bump shot? Reminding myself to cherish all the kicks and squirms, as they will likely be the last I get to feel.

Hope everyone is feeling good - we are all getting close!

39. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

I took this one on Sunday... and am 39 weeks tomorrow!

40. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@oskarsmommy: @Weswife: You ladies are looking SO good! Almost there now! ❤❤

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee