Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2014 moms!

1. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@sweetkeight: popping in from April to say that I'm glad you are getting to make your pretty lists

Congrats to all!

2. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@tarabonno: we haven't told our parents yet either! My family lives in a different country and my little sister who is visiting for summer is returning home on Monday. I'm wrapping up a pregnancy test for her to give our mom and I'll watch her open it on Skype. We're telling DHs parents on Monday evening. Going over for dinner that evening and wrapping up another test for them too lol

3. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@skipra: Thanks for all the info! I'm hoping I don't have to do blood tests yet. . Still working on getting over my fear of needles.

4. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@tarabonno: we told my fam and our best friends. We're waiting until after the 8 week u/s to tell my husband's parents. Not sure if we're telling the rest of our family then or after 12 weeks.

@Glitter: I have my first appointment next week too! It is just with a nurse, not the doc. They are my regular office so they're just verifying what they already know, answering questions and giving advice about pregnancy, and then taking blood samples and urine. I asked what for and I was told it is to screen for UTIs, full blood panel, STDs, thyroid function, immunities to communicable diseases, and blood type. I think I'll also get info about how all the billing works and what types of testing decisions we need to make.

I'm hoping they don't want any decisions from me because my husband isn't coming to this one and I'll need to talk to him before we decide for sure about screenings and whatnot!

5. tarabonno

cherry / 228 posts

We had an initial visit with an RE to try and combat my irregular cycles. She took a ton of bloodwork and did an ultrasound then, and called the next day and said, "You're going to ovulate any minute. Get busy!" 10 days later... A BFP!

So... I already had the 7 vials of bloodwork, but I don't know if they do that for everyone on a first visit? I go back Tuesday to confirm my numbers are rising like they should, and then make an appt for my first ultrasound. I stay with the RE for about 8 weeks, and then they release me to my normal OB/GYN. I wish I could stay with them forever. They are SO fast and responsive because, and I quote, "In our line of work, time is of the essence."

6. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@tarabonno: that's great that you love your RE! Do you not like your regular OB much? Could you look around? I really my OB. Their whole office is on an online system so you can request appointments or ask questions through the website (the doc has never not personally responded to me within about 6 hours). If you have a more urgent question I can call and get a nurse call-back within an hour or so. And every test I've had done through them comes back same day or next day, and gets posted to the website with an email alerting me I have results. Quick OBs exist!

7. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Glitter: I hate to tell you this, but I think bloodwork is one of the first things and you will need to have it done more than once during the pregnancy. When you have the glucose test I think they take it a few times. If you don't pass the first test, it's like 5 blood draws of the course of a few hours. I hope this helps to prepare you, not freak you out! I was so scared about giving blood before but now it's just like no big deal.

8. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@skipra: sigh so ive heard when I took MMR and TDAP shots before TTC the nurse did warn me that I'd need to be stronger if I wanted to get pregnant. I have a history of fainting when I get injections or see blood.

9. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@HabesBabe: @skipra: Another who is "going there" with 2 under 2! Glad I am not alone

Congrats May Momma's! Hope all these babies are sticky and always fx for everyone.

fwiw, I haven't even told my DH yet and here I am telling the internet. I am not ready to tell him, want to wait a while yet, we've had a lot going on lately and I want to wait, but also want to talk about it, so this is why I'm here

EDD if you have one: May 12 (based on start date of lmp)

When Did You Find Out?: I knew last week when I gagged at chicken (dinner I had just cooked) but bfp yesterday and today on digi's.

Child Number: #2

Where You Live: Canada

What kind of provider will you see?: obgyn

When's Your First Appointment?: No idea, haven't called yet and probably won't for a few weeks.

What kind of birth do you want?: Any way that results in healthy baby! I have had the epi after 24 hours of labour and it was glorious, I would be okay with a c-section and not having to labour/push/healing!

What You're Most Excited For: Big picture? Feeling movement, probably the most amazing thing ever.

What You're Most Scared About: mc. Had one and never want to feel those feelings of loss ever again. So early right now, hard to not feel paranoid.

Symptoms so far: Hating chicken, some nausea, fatigue.

Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: None!

Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart: I can't post pics yet, but have a pic of my two digi's.

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@tarabonno: Bean spilling will be limited like #1. Waiting to tell DH, let alone others, ha! Honestly it's selfish, I don't want to be treated differently (more by DH!) so am going to wait it out as long as I can, but I wouldn't lie if he asked me.

We didn't tell parents til 13w with #1, anyone else is was 18-19w or so and hope to wait as long as possible again, and probably going to lie about edd (say June or something, lol)

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@sweetkeight: Love the list making love

12. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@sunnyday: wow! You have so much self control to wait so long to tell people! I definitely couldn't keep the secret from DH... I told him about 4 seconds after I thought I saw a line haha

13. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Mae: I am struggling with DH, so many little things (like not drinking tea/coffee, staples for us), having a beer I am saying no to which usually I am down for (tea especially!) so we'll see how long it lasts with him. He's not an idiot and saw me gagging over chicken last week, and has a good idea when af was due (today!). Everyone else, I just have it in my head that I'll (hopefully!!) be preggo for so long and it's fun to have this news to myself/ourselves for as long as possible -they'll find out and there will still be a while to go, that's how we felt with #1 anyways!

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I can add a pic now!

These were from Sat around 6pm and Sunday 8pm. I'm cray cray.

15. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@sunnyday: Man, I just struggle with keeping it a secret! I know I'll be pregnant for-ev-er and there is still tons of time to tell people, but it just feels weird when I chat with someone and they're like "what's new?" and I'm like "..... nothing."

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Mae: lol totally. I definitely have moments where I am thinking about it and want to think out loud, and then check myself....gosh knows I will slip to someone along the way

17. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@sunnyday: Welcome! How old is your LO? It must be tough not telling DH. My DH is dealing with a lot of drama with his family right now so it's actually kind of nice to have something else going on so we are not focusing on it so much.

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@skipra: Great to have such awesome news for a change in focus for you and your DH! The family drama is always on my side, and I don't even want to think about telling them.

Our LO is 10m!

19. tarabonno

cherry / 228 posts

@sunnyday @mae Oh my gosh, I had the same thought yesterday. "What's new with you guys?" "Oh nothing.... Except like the biggest thing ever!!"

We would have already told our parents if not for my dad's upcoming birthday. Our plan(which has changed a hundred times already) is to give a toast and tell everyone then. Who knows though!

20. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@tarabonno: so exciting!! We still haven't told my DH's parents and I'm so pumped to tell his mom. She's going to be super excited.

21. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

We're telling both our families tonight! One family in person and the other family on skype... both get pregnancy tests to unwrap lol.

22. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Glitter: How did it go?!

23. tarabonno

cherry / 228 posts

@Glitter - Thinking of you tonight! Can't wait to hear about it!

24. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@sunnyday: @tarabonno: I'm sooo sleepy but just had to update you guys! Tonight was so beautiful. Right after dinner with DH parents and older sis we gave them a "gift for being so awesome". I'll attach a pic below. When DH sister opened it she grabbed me and hugged me sooo tight and DHs mom started to cry! She really really wants to be a grandmother! Literally minutes after I was able to skype home to my mom and siblings. My older brother and his wife already suspected but mommy had no clue. She was sooo happy and immediately started with the healthy advice and promised to be in the country at the EDD. Then the grannies spoke and got each other more excited. I spent the next hour on the phone with my older sister who will be an OB/GYN in two months, asking every question under the sun. We broke the doctor's recommendation and called some other closer family and everyone was overjoyed. It was really a beautiful night! DH dad even smiled a lot and hugged and kissed my cheek which is alot because he is typically not affectionate at all. It's great having all this support!

25. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

Oops forgot the attachment

26. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Glitter: Sounds like a great night!!

27. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mae: It was!

So I'm trying to decide on which Ob/GYN to go with:

I had a preconception visit with Dr. X. He appeared easy to talk to but very laid back - he told me a glass of wine now and then is OK and that I did not need to wait to TTC after getting MMR and TDAP shots because my birth control would probably still be in my system and chances are I won't get pregnant immediately. Good thing I did not take his advice because I got pregnant the month after I stopped birth control!

So I've decided to check out another OB/GYN - doctor Y, recommended by MIL. He doesnt see patients before 6 weeks and the earliest I could see him is at my 8 week mark. He says seeing me before 6 weeks would be unfair to me because I'll pay a huge sum of money and not be able to have an ultrasound yet so he advised that i take folic acid, load up on fruits and veggies, and then at 8 weeks get my ultrasound and bloodwork done together. I'm worried about waiting that long to see a doctor.

What should I do? Go back to doctor X to get checked out then switch over to doctor Y, or just wait the 8 weeks for doctor Y?

28. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@Glitter: Sounds like you had a great night! Seeing the reaction of family members is so amazing! My MIL started crying and her first reaction was to make me a sandwich because "she couldn't have a hungry baby!"

As for the doctor - I am not going in till I about 7w 3ds. My dr. makes the first appts between 6-8 weeks. I was nervous at first about not going in right away but after talking to some people I'm more ok with it. Obviously do what you feel comfortable with but I just wanted to say that is common to wait.

29. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Glitter: I'd see doc Y if that is who you feel more comfortable going to. I'm not seeing my doc until I'm almost 8 weeks as well. I do have a nurse visit before then to answer questions and do bloodwork-- but honestly they told me I could just talk to her on the phone if I preferred and do blood work at the 8 week appt. So obviously, there is no real reason you have to go in before 8 weeks. I was actually talking to a friend recently who never found a doc until she was 12 weeks! And things worked out just fine for her

@mrsog: lol that's cute about your MIL

30. HabesBabe

grapefruit / 4400 posts

@sweetkeight: thank you for making the list! my first OB appt is sept 24 for the u/s and to meet with our OB.

@skipra: oh dammit, i forgot about my mom watching LO while we go to our appts... i guess i can fib and tell her i'm going to the dentist?

@sunnyday: yay for another 2-under-2 mom! i can't believe you waited 13w to tell your parents for #1! that's willpower!

@Glitter: love this announcement! so sweet of your families' reactions!

@mrsog: my OB doesn't see people until 8 weeks! the first time around was pure torture...!

----

So I had some light spotting on Sunday night (verrrrrry light), but nothing yesterday or today. I was a little worried, even though I know it's normal, because out of the last 6 pregnancies we've had in our circle of friends, 4 of them ended up being losses in the first tri... so I'm trying to stay positive!

We went to a street fair this weekend and hung out with friends-- i took a lot of fake beer sips and even bought a beer bracelet at the fair to keep up appearances BUT i did totally break and told my BFF who we ran into at the fair when the hubs went to buy a beer. He still doesn't know i told her already! And now I'm regretting it because I wish I could have kept it to just us. Oh well!

31. sweetkeight

cherry / 202 posts

May Mama Due Dates!

sweetkeight: May 2 (5 weeks)
    Mae: May 3 (5 weeks)
    HabesBabe: May 5
    MrsOG: May 5
    Skipra: May 7 (4-5 weeks)
    Glitter: May 11
    SunnyDay: May 12
    Tarabonno: May 13

Upcoming Appointments:

Sept 3:
    Tarabonno - blood drawn

Sept 4:
    Mae - first appt

Sept 6:
    Glitter - first appt

Sept 11:
    Skipra
    sweetkeight - ultrasound

Sept 18:
    MrsOG

Sept 19:
    Mae - dating ultrasound

Sept 24:
    Habesbabe - Ultrasound/OB

Unknown:
    Glitter
    SunnyDay

(Let me know if I need to add anything or if I got anything incorrect and I'll fix it - *grin*)

32. sweetkeight

cherry / 202 posts

I had to stay away from the computer over the weekend - I still don't have morning sickness (like I think I should... so many articles about how morning sickness is a good correlate to no miscarriage - yikesy!), but I do have an aversion to the computer right now. Which is weird, considering DH sometimes wonders if I love my MacBook more than him...

@lovelyplum: you're so sweet! I'm cheering you on in April, still

@sunnyday @tarabonno: Congrats and Welcome!

@habesbabe: I am with you on the positive. I keep freaking out cause of the no ms 'thing'. Just thinking positively, though! Oy!

33. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@sweetkeight: I have no ms either! Once or twice maybe I felt a little nausea but nothing that effected me at all. Also no food aversions. I am still getting cramps and headaches though. I wouldn't mind if it stays this way but I of course everything makes me nervous!

34. sweetkeight

cherry / 202 posts

@mrsog: I can't tell you how relieving it is to hear someone else say that. I'm on 100mg of B6 daily and really, really hoping that has something to do with it. I'm also only at 5 weeks... Still, it just worries me to no end. I do have other symptoms like tugging, pinching cramps and my poor nipples, golly they're sore! Just taking deep breaths over here...

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@HabesBabe: That's scary but I'm sure it is nothing! Basically every single friend I've had who had a baby spotted at some point. One of them even had enough spotting early enough she thought it was her period and never realized she was pregnant until she missed her SECOND period!

I also haven't really had morning sickness. I have had a few random times of intense nausea but they were caused by eating either too much or not enough and passed relatively quickly.

The main thing that has been bothering me is lightheadedness. HATE IT. It makes me feel all weird and I especially hate it when I'm driving I know my mom was prone to passing out when she was pregnant so I sort of have that fear that I will too... but I'm trying to just pay attention to how I feel and know if I start to feel legit dizzy I need to sit/lay down.

36. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@sweetkeight: YES these pinching and tugging cramps. No matter how much I read that they're normal my paranoia is telling me it's a bad sign! I really need to relax.

@Mae: like you I have had short periods of intense nausea. Even slight food aversions. But thankfully I haven't actually thrown up.

37. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@HabesBabe: FX that the spotting is nothing! Have you had any more? I had spotting from 13 - 20 weeks with my last pregnancy and everything was fine. Scary, but fine.

@Mae: I think most practices don't usually see you until around 8 - 10 weeks. Last pregnancy my first appointment was at 9 weeks. I think my appointment with the nurse is scheduled a bit earlier only because I never got an official first post partum period.

@sweetkeight: I don't have ms yet either. Biggest symptoms so far are new pimples that show up daily! I haven't broken out in years so I have no idea what to do about it. Also some cramps but they are not as bad the past few days. I've gotten a bit lightheaded a couple times. I think I just need to eat more since it happens after breastfeeding or pumping or when I'm trying to make dinner.

Have any of you heard about people selling positive pregnancy tests on craigslist? I just read something about it the other day. It's crazy!

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Glitter: I vote Doc Y if that counts for anything! 8w is still solid timing to get started with prenatal appts and scheduling anything in terms of u/s for the 12-13w testing.

@HabesBabe: I've had some spotting too (was over the weekend) but here's hoping everything is okay!

@sweetkeight: yay list!!

@sweetkeight: I'm "pumping" the b6, too!! I didn't really get ms with my first, just nausea, and had it on and off so far this time. One symptom I forgot about that has said hello....tmi here we go! Constipation! But I will deal, I will happily take it all if it came my way just to have a healthy pregnancy!!

@skipra: lol what on the + tests? What would a purchaser do with them?! haha oh crazy.

I finally told DH tonight, he is so dang cute, trying to not be super excited, but totally was! Love it.

39. tarabonno

cherry / 228 posts

@glitter Yay!! Love the reveal! DH said tonight that it is killing him we haven't told anyone yet. Me too!

@sweetkeight I haven't had any ms either but I am about 10 days behind you. Tonight I had to give a small speech to a room of 200 and halfway though I thought, "Oh my God. I am going to puke." After an hour or so I felt better, so who knows. I am not usually nervous to public speak?

I am having cramps that feel like period cramps, but less frequent. I hate that "normal" early pregnancy symptoms are also AF symptoms!!

@sunnyday Glad DH was so excited!!

40. HayleyJane

olive / 52 posts

EDD if you have one: May 9

When Did You Find Out?: 10 dpo, blood confirmation at 11dpo. I dug through the trash (yeah, I know) and saw that my 9dpo test had turned, but not the days before that, so I know it wasn't an evap line.

Child Number: #1

Where You Live: Indiana

What kind of provider will you see?: my usual doc is an obgyn, although I'm considering switching so I could deliver at a hospital closer to home; I'm also playing around with the idea of a midwife, but I'm not sure about that yet.

When's Your First Appointment?: Sept 25 for dating/heartbeat sonogram

What kind of birth do you want?: as natural as possible, like every other woman in my family

What You're Most Excited For: Hearing the heartbeat!

What You're Most Scared About: miscarriage

Symptoms so far: tired, sore breasts, sometimes my nipples feel like there is electricity running through them (just me?), nose like a bloodhound (went to the grocery the other day and the roasted chicken smelled like something dead), low mild cramping

Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: Irish Fest! Except this will be my first year sans Guinness

Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart: definitely not going to post this

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee