Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: That's great news though! Congrats on the (tentative) new job offer!

How's everyone symptoms doing (and how far along are you?)?

I'm at 5w...my sore boobs have gone away and my cramps are mostly gone (though of course as I write this, I feel them coming back). I definitely am super irritable and morning/all day sickness and nausea are hitting hard. I'm super anxious to get to my doctor appt on friday and have everything confirmed!!

2. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one whose sore boobs have gone away! I'm still sleepy all the time, and am having some icky-ness feeling in the mornings, but no solid nausea yet (so grateful for that). My cramps are mostly gone, too, but I've been having some back pain that comes and goes. So excited for you to have your appointment this week!

3. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: Totally forgot - I've been having some back pain too! It woke me up last night actually. That one only gets worse as the months go on

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mfa_lady: Great news about the job! So exciting! I hope you are able to negotiate a good mat leave.

@ValentineMommy: I'm 6w4d and have major nausea, I've only vomitted once but that's how it was with DD. No more cramps. My boobs were only sore the week of my BFP.

5. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@mfa_lady: yes I see the doctor in the morning and have the ultrasound scheduled for the afternoon. I hope you get good news about your job offer and that it all works out!

6. Oliviapope

cherry / 243 posts

Thanks all for the warm welcome! So glad to be part of this group of such friendly and warm bees!

This board is so helpful. I was worried today b/c my boobs were not nearly as sore as this weekend, and it's helpful to read through and see I'm not the only one.

I'm trying to stay cool, calm and collected about this whole thing but I have so much nervous energy and a million questions running through my head.

I have a dr. Appt next Thursday to "establish" the pregnancy (not sure what that means) and I can't wait. Do you usually get to hear a heartbeat then?

Sounds like lots of you have dr. appts coming up - hope they all go well and looking forward to hearing what they're like. Hope you're all having a great day.

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Oliviapope: no you'll probably not get to see a heartbeat. Usually what the dr. does is make sure it is an in utero pregnancy and not an ectopic. You might be able to see the yolk sack though.

@mfa_lady: wow sounds promising about your new job offer. Hope you'll be able to figure mat leave policies out!

@ValentineMommy: I was so proud today when I left the office at 5pm that I hadn't fallen asleep on my desk

@oliviaoblivia: sorry to hear you're so sick hope it will not get any worse for you.

@pmrlady: FX for your appointment.

8. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

So glad to hear I'm not the only one whose boobs are less sore now! I mean, they still are now and then, but it's definitely less. I get nervous when my symptoms lessen or change though. Still same old same old with the nausea only when I get hungry. (Solution = never get hungry. EAT ALL THE THINGS). I'm not even that tired.

I really wish my appointment was sooner. We told our grandparents over the weekend, and our families right away - which I'm okay with, if (God forbid) anything were to happen we would appreciate their support, but I just want to know everything is okay!

9. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Hi everyone, great to see the board start to fill out! We told our parents this weekends, and both our moms said they had had a feeling.. My MIL said she was suspicious because I wasn't drinking wine last time I saw her, even though I definitely was! Funny that she was suspicious for the wrong reason but turned out to be right anyway.

I've had a little bit of brown spotting the past few days. I know this is fairly common and not anything to be too worried about, but it's so hard to tell yourself that when it's happening to you! I called my drs office today and they confirmed that it is probably nothing but they were very accommodating and offered to bring me in for an US tomorrow. FX everything is progressing normally!

10. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Oliviapope: you can usually see the heartbeat at 6-6.5 weeks on a transvaginal US. Good luck at your appointment!

@Pumuckl: thank you!

11. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Anya: FX everything is OK! Keep us updated.

12. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Anya: I had brown spotting last week. It's hard to listen to reason when you see spotting. Glad your doctor is getting you in soon.

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Oliviapope: I saw DS's heartbeat at 5.5 weeks transvaginally, so you never know!!

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ValentineMommy: wow how cool is that. They couldn't even confirm the pregnancy at 5.5w for me last time. I had to come back 10 days later to do that. So @Oliviapope: you never know what happens

15. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

You girls are awesome--I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose breast tenderness is changing! Like I said, I am freaking out today (6w) because my last pregnancy stopped developing at 6w1d. I think that no matter how positive/relaxed I am, the next couple weeks are just going to be tough!

@Anya: Thinking of you! I had a little brown spotting right after my BFP, and I know how scary it is. I'm sure all is okay, and I'm glad you're able to get everything confirmed tomorrow. Hugs!

16. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@pmrlady: @oliviaoblivia: @mfa_lady: thank you ladies. I am trying to stay calm and collected until my appt tomorrow. I left work a little early and I'm going to listen to a guided pregnancy meditation I found online

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: They're definitely going to be tough, no matter what, I think. Waiting stinks! I'm not going to lie and say the weeks will fly by (cause they definitely won't), but just keep occupied as best as you can. Easier said than done, I know....I'm having a hard time not freaking out myself.

@Anya: Oh oh, where did you find the guided mediation? I was thinking of getting the circle and bloom one, but can't justify the cost just yet. Good luck at your u/s today!!!!!!!!!

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Anya: Good luck at your appointment today!

19. Oliviapope

cherry / 243 posts

@Pumuckl: @pmrlady: @ValentineMommy: thanks for the info! hope i get to see something! i'm trying not to research too much, because i will definitely drive myself crazy.

@Anya: thinking about you! i would be nervous too (just how my brain works), but i'm betting it's normal - i've read many threads on HB about spotting in early pregnancy and how common it is. good luck at your appt.

20. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thank you! I dreamed about the baby last night--granted, I dreamed I forgot to feed him (!!!), but at least I was dreaming about a baby and not about losing a pregnancy. That's the first time since my MC that that's happened, and strangely it was really comforting to me.

@Anya: Hugs to you today!!!

21. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@Anya: hugs! Good luck at your appointment today!

@mfa_lady: hugs for you too! Hopefully you can make it through the next few weeks without too much stress.

@Oliviapope: hope you get to see something at your appointment!

22. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@charmed: Thank you!

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: I had a pregnancy/baby dream a few nights ago!!!! I definitely woke up excited and happy!!!! FX that they're a good sign!!!

24. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy:

25. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@mfa_lady: Yay, to crazy pregnancy dreams. I haven't had any this time round yet.

It still feels so unreal to be pregnant again to me. I sure hope it'll get a little more graspable once I can hopefully see little bean on Monday.

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Pumuckl: I feel the same way. It still feels completely unreal to me. I'm hoping my appointment on Friday makes me feel better, although I don't think I'm having an ultrasound.

27. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ValentineMommy: Maybe you'll be lucky. Isn't it standard procedure at your practice since you had one early with Nr. 1?

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Pumuckl: Honestly, I'm not sure! I had my early one at a radiology/testing facility last time because of pain....so I'm not sure if they do them this early in the office! I should call and ask, but I'm afraid of disappointment lol

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ValentineMommy: That makes sense! Maybe tell them you had trouble last time so maybe they'll do one just to be sure

I was in the hospital with B today (as an outpatient) because he's had some weirdly elevated liver markers for a while now. They probably are this high because he had a cold-virus in March that can cause elevated liver markers but it is also potentially dangerous to pregnant women. I thought we were long over all of that but the dr. said to make sure I have a titer for it. My ob/gyn's office is closed Tuesday afternoon though so I'll have to take care of that tomorrow. Uff...

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Well ladies I'm sad to report that it appears my pregnancy is ectopic. I'm waiting for the dr now to see what the next step is.

31. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Anya: I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you

32. Oliviapope

cherry / 243 posts

@Anya: I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending hugs.

33. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@Anya: so sorry to hear that. Sending hugs and prayers to you

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Anya: Oh, I am so sorry to hear that! Prayers and hugs to you

35. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Just popping in...

@Anya: I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you found put so quickly, though, before you were in danger, too. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you hugs.

36. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@mfa_lady: oh YAY!!

37. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@Anya: Oh no, I'm so sorry.

38. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: I am so, so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you. I'll be thinking of you as you work through the next steps.

39. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thanks, sweet girl! Hope you and Ginny are doing great!

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I made DH call the doc (as I'm at work) to ask if they do an ultrasound at the appt.....and nope. I'm sad.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee