Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Aw, bummer! I'm sure it will still be nice to have the appointment, though.

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: DH insists they said they'll be listening to the heartbeat...to which I informed him that makes no sense. I won't even be 6w pregnant....so you won't be able to hear it! He is now completely confused lol

3. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Hahahahaha, my poor husband is the same way. He has never seen a regular, happy, normal US (the only one he's seen is from our missed MC last fall) so he is super confused about how it all works/when you can see and hear what things. They will figure it out, though!!

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: I hope so! I saw DS's heartbeat at 5w4d last time with a transvaginal ultrasound.....not that I want another one of those, but I'd love to see the little bean in there!

5. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ugh, the transvaginals were the worst. I'm kind of wondering if that's what they'll give me at 8 weeks when I go for my first one....I sort of hope not, but that's mostly because I've never had one with a good outcome, so I have a little bit of irrational fear of them.

6. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Anya: Oh no, I'm so sorry. Prayers and hugs

7. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I'm currently in the anxious-over-lessening-symptoms stage. Ugh it's such a mind game.

I POAS this morning to "ease my mind" and it just made me more nervous (light line). I feel like my u/s is so far away and I know there isn't much I can do but wait..... But part of me really wants to ask for more betas!

8. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I totally hear you. I know it's so hard, but try not to worry! (I tell myself this every single day!) I'll be thinking of you!

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: totally feel the same. I have peed on so many sticks at this point, and it's not easing my fears!

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: @Kelli_Deluxe: I should add that the only reason I'm NOT peeing on sticks anymore is that I'm all out! Thinking of you guys as we all count down to our appointments!

11. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@ValentineMommy: My bathroom counter is lined with tests! DH asked if he could make me a scrapbook of them haha. He doesn't understand the NEED!

@mfa_lady: I'm getting more anxious as I approach our "loss" time of 5w5d (next week). I totally understand your feelings of getting to and through that day.

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: We have them lined pu on the tub! My DH tried to throw them out and I almost punched him! Lol!

13. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@ValentineMommy: PS I don't think I ever said, but your son is so stinkin' adorable!

14. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Girl, today is my day. 6w1d. I COMPLETELY know the feeling. I called my mom and told her how excited I was to feel queasy earlier today--just because I am looking for any and every excuse to be anything other than terrified today. And, like you said, I won't know anything one way or another for two and a half more weeks. It's really tough--I'm so grateful for this thread! It's so nice to know I'm not alone on this.

And when it comes to getting through the day, since we had a missed MC, I won't REALLY feel sure of anything until that ultrasound, you know? It's like, usually you say "no bad cramps? no bleeding? still getting positive tests? you're fine!" But, for me, it wasn't. The waiting is SO HARD. I am just trying to be positive and praying as much as I can that there will be a little HB just beating away on May 29th.

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Thank you so much! He gets away with EVERYTHING because of that little face lol

@mfa_lady: Hugs! That little bubs is going to be just fine!!! Fx and wishing we could fast forward time until the 29th!

16. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy:

17. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@mfa_lady: Last time I completely missed "the signs" (I wasn't in pain, not enough to soak a pad) so by the time I went to urgent care, everything had passed and my hcg was a 1. I'm terrified of spotting, so this cm and progesterone leakage makes it scary to even wipe.

I agree completely about having this group. It's comforting to know there are ladies who "get it." I'm glad you're getting through today okay! And yes, I wish we could fast forward!

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Anya: oh no! I'm so so so sorry.

@mfa_lady: been thinking about you all day but I am sure it probably is a really good sign you're in such great spirits!

I have one rule, no peeing on sticks after a positive test because all I'd do is drive myself crazy. I luckily never thought the transvaginal u/s were too uncomfortable. I had to have at least 4 or 5 last time.

19. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Pumuckl: I need to adopt your rule! I've been good about no googling but I have a pack of week estimators left.... The struggle is real

20. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Pumuckl: Thank you, friend!

@Kelli_Deluxe: "The struggle is real." AMEN, SISTER!

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: @mfa_lady: hahaha you ladies crack me up! Go hide the tests until you need them for #2
    I have no idea about expiration dates on tests though

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: hahhahaahah the struggle IS real!!!

23. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Anya: I am so, so sorry. Big hugs to you. I'm on my phone now and can't write much but I'll wall you tonight when I get my laptop about my SIL's experience (she didn't have surgery and kept her tube). Lots of love to you.

24. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Anya: I'm so sorry to hear that it's better that you caught it early before any dangerous symptoms. I hope it is early enough that they won't have to do surgery and you can have a speedy recovery... I'll be thinking of you.

I had my appointment and ultrasound today. I got a bunch of blood draws and a pelvic exam. But the best part was seeing the little bean on the US. The tech said the heartbeat was at 130 which was good for this stage and she said I was measuring 6 weeks and 2 days which is 2 days less than I thought I was but we'll see what the official report says....I also have cysts on my ovary which should be monitored and apparently I have a retroverted uterus, I hope that won't affect anything though.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet but from now I'm going to try to only think positive thoughts that everything will be ok.

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pmrlady: So glad you got to see the little one!!! How exciting!!

26. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@pmrlady: So glad you got to see your little bean!

27. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@pmrlady: wow what a great update! Glad you got to see LO!

28. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ValentineMommy: @Pumuckl: @mfa_lady: thank you!

29. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

I am cautiously joining!

EDD: 1/24-1/26

When did you find out: today!

How do you feel?: SHOCKED. nervous.

Child #: 2!

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: OB - and epidural!!

When is your first appointment?: didn't make one yet.

What are you most excited about?: doing the newborn days again

What are you scared/nervous about?: giving birth in january. I live in a rough area come wintertime (RI) and my L&D with DD was so fast, I am terrified I won't make it to the hospital in time!

30. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@sorrycharlie: WELCOME, lady!!! So happy you're here. Hugs and stickiness heading your way!

31. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sorrycharlie: it makes me so dang happy to have you here!!

32. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

Hi ladies! Sort of long-term casual lurker coming out of the woodwork because I'm new at this.

EDD: 1/1/15

When did you find out: At 4 weeks.

How do you feel?: Excited.

Child #: 1 (If you couldn't tell already!)

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: OB / Still deciding!

When is your first appointment?: 5/22!

What are you most excited about?: Just the opportunity to be a mom and having a family with DH.

What are you scared/nervous about?: MC

33. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@mfa_lady: @oliviaoblivia: thank you!!

@namaste: welcome!! what a fun due date

34. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@sorrycharlie: Ty! Congrats on baby #2 It's the complete opposite here in FL during January and it's ideal for delivery but we'll see what happens.

35. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@namaste: welcome due date twin!

36. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Hello! So glad to be here.

37. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@namaste: Welcome, lady! Glad you're here!

38. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@sorrycharlie: holy CRAP! That was quick!!! Congrats!!!!

39. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@sorrycharlie: @namaste: Welcome!

40. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@mfa_lady: @Kelli_Deluxe: Thank you ladies!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee