1. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Oh yay, congrats!!!

2. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. ^_^

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Raindrop: @Radish: I was not so secretly hoping it was a girl.

4. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Oh yay!!! Congrats!

5. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: YAAAAAAY! Congrats, mama!

6. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@oliviaoblivia: YAY congratulations!!

7. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

I want some updates on the LOs! @Mrs. Blue: IG post made me wonder what all these babies are up to these days.

Gross Motor:
    Verbal:
    Sleep:
    Personality:
    Other:

8. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Fine Motor: She can pick up cheerio sized items, but can't get them to her mouth. She easily passes things back and forth and can move objects around effectively.

Gross Motor: She can get up on all fours and rock, but no crawling as of yet. Maybe a scoot here and there. She pivots on her tummy very well and likes to roll to get to things when she fails at crawling. She can sit for a very extended period of time now, but is unable to get there on her own.

Verbal: I've heard some "mmmm" sounds lately and she is being more adventurous with her sounds, but I can't really pick out anything consistent.

Sleep: She sleeps through the night (6:30pm-7:30am) and her naps are good if I get her down before she is over tired. She has been refusing naps in the afternoons a lot lately.

Personality: She is fairly easy going, though we've had a cranky spell here and there lately. Certain songs or voices will always make her laugh, but otherwise she is fairly reserved. She plays with toys a lot, she is getting good use out of stuff her sister never touched. She goes crazy in the bath now, she loves it.

Other: She has two teeth. Eating solids like a champ.

9. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

Fine Motor: Picks up her puffs and feeds herself. Holds her own bottle, and attempts to stack her stacking toys.

Gross Motor: Crawling everywhere and taking supported steps after she pulls up. I'm not ready for a walker. I can barely find shoes that are her size.

Verbal: Lots of gaga/baba/dada and I've verified with five people that she says "hey" and that DH and I just weren't going insane. Not sure if that counts as a first word but...lol

Sleep: I still wake her for a dream feed but she sleeps from 6 or 7 until 6 am. The other day she slept until 9 and it felt like a dream!

Personality: She is very loving and happy around adults. Very shy around babies who are the same age but kids who are years older or months younger, she adores. It doesn't help that she's gotten run over twice now at library story time She can play alone for a while without needing any attention which is nice when you need to get things done. She's super easygoing.

Other: No teeth yet. Eats solids twice a day and she's still a a little person lol

10. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@namaste: C totally says hi I'm calling it a word!

Fine Motor: she's adept at getting food in her mouth. Also good at picking lint off of the carpet.
    Gross Motor: she's cruising consistently, been crawling for two months now. She likes to pull up on things and then turn around and lean in them. She took a really clumsy step yesterday because I think she forgot she can't walk.
    Verbal: I get "hi" every morning when I get her out of her crip. Some da dada sounds lots of guhguh.mmmm.
    Sleep: 7:30-7:30 tons of wake ups with teeth last week. So far so good this week. Two naps about 1.5-2 hours each. Thankfully her second nap is now aligning with big sisters so I'm getting some needed down time.
    Personality: she's silly and always happy.
    Other: she's going to be a big sister.

11. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@namaste: lol, I swear B says hey sometimes as well! On the plus side with walking you can let them play outside more without getting hands and knees filthy.

@oliviaoblivia: Lil' miss super baby just shooting through all her milestones. She must have known she would need to be on her game to be ready for a little sister. You are totally giving me baby fever, btw. I'm basically a pendulum swinging between 2 or 3 constantly.

12. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Radish: DO IT!!

13. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

Fine Motor: Grabbing things like a ninja! He took a strawberry out of my hands and put in his mouth when we were at a picnic with friends. We haven't even tried him on strawberries yet, luckily not allergy symptoms. Puffs are for crawlers but he loves them and puts them in his mouth and they pop out again and he pushes it back in with his hands.

Gross Motor: He is still just rolling and pushing up with his feet... does not get that he needs to be on his knees to crawl. He still has trouble rolling right even though he's a master at rolling left. It's pretty cute when he gets stuck because he's trying to roll right to get unstuck but just gets mad and cries.

Verbal: He talks a lot! Just nothing I can understand right now. It's very cute to hear your ladies say your LO is saying a lot of words! Especially hey and hi.

Sleep: Pretty good sleeper now from about 9pm to 8am. He still wakes up in the middle of the night around 1-2am but if you stick a bottle in his mouth he will just sleep drink till it's all gone.

Personality: He was a pretty grumpy baby till probably this weekend? I had no smiling pictures of him till recently. But it seems with each passing day he's smiling more which is very cute.

Other: 2 teeth only still but he's drooling like a water fountain.

14. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Raindrop: So glad he is giving you some smiles now!

15. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Fine Motor: sometimes uses a pincher grasp, but mostly still picks things up with his fist. He can get little food in his mouth, but he has to work at it.
    Gross Motor: crawling, pulling up, will take steps if you're holding his hands.
    Verbal:lots of dadadada, etc.
    Sleep: hit or miss. At him in his crib, he often sleeps from 7:30 or 8 until 5 or 6. Anywhere other than his crib and he will wake up multilple times. He's a man of the status quo.
    Personality: He's sooo happy all the time. Bye still only cries if he's hungry (or any of the million times a day he gets a bump, from either moving faster than he actually can or just from surviving two 2-year old brothers.
    Other: It's crazy how different itms been the second time around. This poor kid has to just sleep when and where he can and are a buscuit as his 4th or 5th good.

16. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I hear you second time around. I had to wake up B today so A could play across the street today. She has also been eating puffs and had some soft pretzel the other day.

B has been sooooo cranky this week. I'm really hoping it is teeth. On the bright side she now goes mmmmmaaamaa.

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Totally just got up-to-date on this thread! Glad to read #3 is another girl and healthy and that you're having a good pregnancy! Is it looking as though it's going to be another big baby or will they not be able to tell until the anatomy scan (which I suppose is in Sept.)?

@Radish: I'm also in the 2 to 3 kids place right now. I think I'll have a third most days. But I think I'll wait until early summer next year until TTC/NTNP again. My hubby is really the one who really would like 3 and he used to say he only wanted 2

Here's our update:

Fine Motor: Getting there. She getting pretty good at getting food into her mouth and she's a pro at grabbing hair

Gross Motor: Not quite crawling yet but her little booty is up in the air a lot these days so I'm guessing it won't be too long. (And I really hope she gets it figured out soon because she is constantly annoyed and frustrated that she can't do it yet).

Verbal: Loads of sounds but no talking yet.

Sleep: Hmm we've had everything from sleeping through the night to three wake-ups in the last 7 days. So it's all over the place.

Personality: She is one determined little kid but also really smiley still and stranger danger is not really her thing. She still had the biggest grin on her face when her big brother is around and even more so when he acknowledges her.

Other: She still has no teeth! We started her on solids pretty late since wasn't really putting anything to her mouth herself yet but nowadays she basically grabs at everything on our dishes. It's just hard giving her BLW style solids when she can't chew anything.

18. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Pumuckl: Thanks for bumping this I never seem to get notifications anymore so I've been a few pages back!

Here's our update:

Fine Motor: He can get food to his mouth with his fist but isn't very coordinated yet! He also tries to stack the rings but gets really mad that it is so hard.

Gross Motor: Crawling everywhere like a maniac, pulling up to stand on everything, and new this weekend trying to CLIMB things. Like we have a push walker and he tried to put his feet on the wheels and handle to climb on top of it. This boy is going to be trouble I think!

Verbal: Lots of "Ga ga" and "Da da", usually when he is getting mad he starts spitting out lots of sounds and it is so funny!

Sleep: Consistently waking up once a night, but he goes to bed at 6:45pm so I can deal with that. Also the one wake up is just for a bottle and right back to sleep.

Personality: Super smiley still, you just look at him and he does this cute little smirky bashful smile at you. But he also has a temper / gets really frustrated pretty quick...which is exactly how DD was.

Other: He has 2 bottom teeth and we just switched to BLW this weekend after doing purees for a month. He never really liked the purees and would just spit them out so I decided to give BLW a shot. We started this weekend while my in-laws were here and they thought I was absolutely nuts, but he did awesome! So far we've tried broccoli, a plum, and avocado slices.

19. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

I just logged on today to see what you ladies and your babies are up to, love the updates!

Fine Motor: great with using the pincer grasp to pick things up; can get puffs into her mouth about 50% of the time that way, other times she just mashes her hand in her mouth and sort of sucks the puff out

Gross Motor: Crawling all over the place, and so fast! Pulls up on everything, and thankfully has figured out how to fall/sit back down without hurting herself. Yesterday she climbed up the two steps on our deck like she'd been doing it forever. "Walks" if you hold her hands.

Verbal: Lots of gibberish, with some "dadadada", and recently started saying "kah" when she chases the cats.

Sleep: 2 naps and sleeping from 8-6:30 most nights. Sooo thankful she's sleeping so much better, we had a rough time for a while.

Personality: Very happy and smiley, but she's started getting whiny when I'm not paying attention to her. And she's so mischievous - she loves to get in the pantry, so if the door is open she books it over there, then just turns and smirks at me. She's going to be a handful!

Other: Started going to the gym last week, and putting her in the gym daycare while I workout. Thankfully she likes it - my mom is the only other person that has ever watched her, so I was nervous about how it would go.

p.s. wasn't there a FB group you all are in? can I get added?

20. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@charmed: yeah @sorrycharlie: is the admin on it I believe, but it hasn't been very active lately. I follow a lot of ladies here on IG as well.

@HappyBaker: eeee, climbing. Good luck with that.

21. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Pumuckl: my dates are based on a ten week scan so there's really no way of knowing if the baby is measuring ahead because she's big or if their dates were off. I imagine she'll be big too. DH and I were both over nine lbs. so it's unlikely we'll make any peanuts. Regardless of her size my doc wants to do a RCS at 38/39 weeks to avoid any contractions because of the short interval between births. I'm at a much greater risk of uterine rupture this time. kinda scary.

22. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@HappyBaker: the climbing is driving me insane! I caught Mila on the fourth step up today. No stairs wacko!

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@HappyBaker: @oliviaoblivia: eeeeck climbing. Sounds like guys have your hands full.

@oliviaoblivia: Hope everything will go well with #3! I'm sure you'll be taken well care of by your docs and that baby was just meant to be!

I am so ready for her to finally figure this whole crawling thing out. She is so cranky when she can't get what she wants

Does anyone else have a LO with no teeth? What do you give them to eat (besides purees)?

24. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Pumuckl: Yay on the crawling. My friend has a over 1 year old with no teeth still (she was born in May)... she eats everything!!

Any other EPers still pumping?

I went down to 4 pumps a bit before I returned to work (3 months ago) and I was getting 28 oz - it was about how much he ate, we would give like 2 oz of formula every week or so. This weekend I went down to 3 pumps a day just because and I'm at 24 oz so he is having 2-4 oz of formula everyday. I am thinking about just slowly quitting by 9 months. I talked to my husband about it and he feels that I gave it a pretty good try but I guess I'm still feeling a little guilty about it. Mommy guilt!!

25. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Raindrop: I never exclusively pumped but I could totally understand if you quit at 9 months. Don't be guilty about it!

26. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Pumuckl: My LO has no teeth and eats anything soft lol. Gums are tough!

@oliviaoblivia: @HappyBaker: The climbing is the worst!!! A is so fearless. She can have a topple and will get right back up and do it again.

27. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@namaste: That's what J does but then sometimes she can't get it small enough to fully eat it I'm a lot less worried about the chocking as a second time mom but still it's always hard to see them do that. And her big bro had 6 or 7 teeth at the same age so he could chew!

We're having crappy nights here as little miss is up every 3 hours at night and then sometime between 3-4am she wakes and doesn't go back to sleep (she often ate just an hour earlier so it's not hunger related). I do believe it's because she trying to get a hang of the whole crawling thing so hopefully when she finally has that down our sleep will get better again. Tired doesn't even half describe how we feel

28. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Pumuckl: Sorry to hear about the terrible night!! I hope it gets better soon. *big hugs*

How is everyone doing? It's been kind of quite on this thread!!

Everything is great here... I am actually loving the part time here. I'm mostly catching up on cleaning the house and taking LO#1 out to places like parks and trying out some classes. It's actually been a blast. I feel less stressed out and doing things I really enjoy. My main hobby before kids was quilting and after seeing some quilting pictures on IG, I started tidying up my sewing space and I might work on some UFOs I have. I haven't sew anything for almost a year and half!! Yikes.

LO#2 is eating quite a bit! He's not sitting up for very long and he is not crawling. I tried to get him to crawl the other day and he just got mad at me... I feel like he hold grudges because I'm pretty sure he was grumpy at me for the rest of the day. Haha.

29. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Raindrop: Haha, you know I've been quilting. My mom has been here for the past 10 days and it has been nice to focus on me and also get a lot of little things done.

B has changed so much in even the last week. She was clapping the other day and she is army crawling like a pro now. She got over her grumpiness and is much happier lately. We went swimming in a pool for the first time today - I think she may be my water baby. LO1 sure isn't.

30. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@Pumuckl: we are having shitty sleep over here too, but it was never good to begin with. she was waking up at 5am for the day, for a whole month. now she is sleeping in till 7 but she is waking up 2-3x a night. i'm so tired, so i just bring her into bed and nurse. i don't know what to do though. we tried CIO for MOTN wakings and it failed miserably. i guess we can revisit but i don't have the willpower right now and my husband isn't really on board with it. so. if i get one wakeup a night, it would be heaven. but that hasn't happened in over a month. i am pretty sure she is nursing for comfort and she isn't hungry. i think i've created a boob monster. blehhhhh.

J got her second tooth today! she isn't even close to crawling and she doesn't say anything other than "ahh ahh". like she has no consonant sounds. i am not worried yet, but i feel like dd1 was already babbling at this point. J is actually a very quiet baby. doesn't talk a lot, and so serious!

@Raindrop: part time must be so nice...that is awesome that it is working out well for you.

31. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Radish: Haha yes it's you! But also mrs paintbrush is a major quilter too. Good update. Clapping, that is so amazing!

@SleepyMonkey: Yay second tooth! I'm so glad to hear yours isn't crawling either because everyone else seems to be crawling. I mean I hope yours crawls soon I'm just glad I'm not alone! LO#2 is way more talkative than LO#1 but I think LO#2 is more serious because when he does talk it sounds like complaining. Haha.

32. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@SleepyMonkey: Glad to not be the only one in the crappy sleep department. Although of course I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

@Raindrop: Thanks for your kind words. I've started to crochet again in the last couple of weeks. Once both kids are in bed I sit in front of the TV and crochet along I really enjoy it - it's kind of soothing. My poor friends all get homemade blankets for their babies because that's what I usually make

@Radish: Wow on clapping! My little lady is currently changing every day too. But then when I think about how my first looked at his first birthday we still have ways to go

Tonight was brutal. B brought home a pretty bad cold and of course now J is sick too. She has a really hard time breathing. She was crying hysterically yesterday night. Nothing helped. I finally picked her up and brought her downstairs with me and she slept on me. So I watched TV while she slept - which I ended at 2am because I was just so freakin' tired. So off to bed she went, she actually slept in her crib for 2h and then was crying again but slept from 4-6am on me again. Then she was done So that makes less than 2x2h of sleep. I am so tired...

ETA: Oh and tonight was the first time in quite a while that I was solo parenting. Why oh why the timing?

33. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

I'm so behind! Things have been crazy around here, but it sounds like everyone's babies are doing awesome!

We had a scare with bad croup last week, ended up in the ER all night. E woke up with a crazy bark-y cough and couldn't breathe well, her face was getting all red and splotchy from gasping for air. There's a hospital right around the corner, and it took all 3 of their croup treatments to get her out of the attack--steroid shot, cool mist treatment, and epinephrin mask. It was the saddest, but it only happened that one night and she's been on the up and up since.

She also cut two teeth that same week, which makes 4 with about 4 more on the way (they look so painful, poor thing!). She's getting better at grabbing puffs and peas and other little things to eat, but she can crush a Mum Mum cracker in a second. Ha!

Not crawling quite yet, but so so so so so close. She gets really mad now that she can't do it, and so is working hard on it every day. She's really mobile, with the scooting and the rolling, so she gets where she wants to be, she just gets ticked that she can't do it how she wants.

Newest trick is getting to sitting. This morning when she woke up, she just sat right up in the crib! She's been doing that at her sitter's since last week, but it was so funny to go in and see her like that when we went in to get her.

34. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Pumuckl: Poor mommy! I hope your kids feel better soon. That sounds soooo tough!

@mfa_lady: What a scare! I'm glad to hear she's feeling better. So many teeth at once! Yay on the sitting and almost crawling.

35. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Pumuckl: @mfa_lady: So sad to hear about your babies having bad times Hope things keep improving!

So we're paci weaning...and it's going about as well as I expected it to.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@namaste: oh wow you're a rockstar for trying. I still have to wean my 28m old of it 😛

37. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Pumuckl: Only 30 minutes to go down for a nap. D: UGH lol it'll be worth it...

38. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@namaste: Good luck on the paci weaning! It will be worth it.

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@namaste: I'm sure it'll be totally worth and you got me seriously considering weaning both of them at the same time... Hmmm, we'll see.

40. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Anyone else's baby just start randomly sleeping worse than usual lately? We had a pretty consistent schedule of putting L down around 7pm, he'd wake at 3am to eat, then back to sleep until 6am. All weekend he woke up at least twice a night, and on Sunday he woke up at 4:30am and wouldn't go back to sleep!

He stands in his crib now so he just stands there screaming unless we go in and give him a bottle...he won't take a pacifier anymore which I was happy about but now I wish he would!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee