Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

We don't have our 1 month until right after Christmas, but I was curious so did the whole weigh and subtract thing. DD came in at 9.4 lbs (clothed w/ dry sposie) and was 7 lb 3 oz at birth so she is up over 2 lbs already. We nurse on demand and she still does mostly a 5-10 min nursing session so either she is super efficient or I've got some rich milk lol. DS gained similarly, but nursed and projectile vomited 24/7.

Does anyone still have some post-partum bleeding or when did it stop? I'm like 3.5 weeks pp and I still have some bright red blood (sorry if this is tmi)....it's not a ton, but still there, like a light period. Whenever I think it's finally stopping or changing color, the next time I go to the bathroom I see red again. I honestly do not remember it lasting this long with DS by any means. I feel fine otherwise. I have my post delivery appointment at 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks (not sure why since it was at 6 weeks with DS) so if I'm still bleeding next week I will be sure to ask.

2. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@anbanan15: I do actually and normally c sections stop earlier from what I've heard. It's def getting lighter but it's still more then I would have expected.

Anyone else?

3. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@lilteacherbee: we had a 2 week and we'll have a 2 month. There's a breastfeeding support group I can go to where they check weights. Maybe you have one in your area?

4. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: I thought my bleeding was tapering off and then that bam! bright red again! It hasn't been bright red since I was in the hospital but then again I'm only 2.5 weeks pp so idk.

5. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: @Mrs. Pink: That makes me feel better! I just don't remember it lasting nearly this long with DS and I had some (minor) tearing with him and was in more discomfort during recovery. This labor and recovery was so easy going I guess I'm just surprised by this.

6. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@ms.janedoe: @lilteacherbee: @ash: Thanks. I dunno. Today I really just want to quit. Just the thought of quitting feels like such a betrayal to myself and what I believe in, but the thought of keeping up with this constant nursing to keep ahead of the crying and to try and maintain my supply is driving me to a lot of tears. Ugh. I hate IGT. I could deal with the pain if I knew she was getting all she needed from me, but she's not and it just feels pretty worthless. I have to remind myself often that every drop is liquid gold and that nothing about motherhood is easy, I just have to keep pushing through, one feeding at a time, but I hate it so much.

7. immabeetoo

honeydew / 7687 posts

@Ash: @sarah.clarisse so I'm lurking with my baby fever as a nov 2012 mama up late at night and wanted to pipe in and say I was sooo over CDs in the early days when fit was weird but DH asked me to be stubborn for a while longer. I'm SO glad I stuck with them. Seriously!! So if that is any help at all, I've been right where you are!

Hope all of you are visitor free, cookie full, and staying warm!

8. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@scg00387: Thanks for stopping in with your CD experience... It's totally helpful to hear about it from someone who went the through the same thought process. I figure it doesn't hurt to keep using them during maternity leave and at home. I've decided if I'm takin him out and an outfit looks funny or doesn't fit right I'll just use a disposable

9. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@sweetooth: LOL! Hummingbird!
    @anbanan15: thank you! He's leaned up against the headboard and i'm like a foot outside of the picture haha
    @lilteacherbee: ...HOW FREAKING CUUUUTTEEE! him!!!

Okay so Jacks's peid appt went okay, he's 11 pounds 3 oz (18th percentile) and 23" tall (54th percentile). He's got a flat spot on his head so we're supposed to rotate him and give him more time off his back..which is hard because his swing, bed, bouncer, carseat, etc all lays him on his back. We also got a referral to the ENT doctor because Jack is a really rough breather and she thinks his larynx isn't fully developed, I don't know, we'll find out more later.
    Oh, and 2 month shots SUCK. Jack was a dream after his 1 month shots, but these were tough. He was in so much pain when we got home, and today he only wants to be held or he cries, which is rough at work! If he keeps this up i'll be leaving early to go home for some baby snuggles (secretly hoping he wakes up soon and wants to go home )

He's getting his picture taken with Santa tonight, so i'll post that once we're home!

10. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsTiz: I have been worried about Caroline getting a flat spot because she sleeps either with her head straight up and down (on her back) or turned to the right no matter what- if I move her head she turns it... even when she's laying on our chests!

Right now she doesn't have one as far as they noticed but I am thinking of getting one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O9F6M8/

I saw posts on various forums that they help a bit and aren't so terribly expensive.

I'm hoping that since she mostly sleeps with me on the couch now in her own little barricaded spot, it'll be less likely she'll get one then with her sleeping in the swing, which has padding but is still kind of hard

11. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Jack sleeps in a Rock n Play, so he isn't a fan of sleeping flat..which makes sleeping on his side miserable haha but I just ordered that, thank you! I'll let you know how it goes!

12. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@MrsTiz: good luck at the ent - hope it's nothing serious!
    That was my fear with using the RnP for sleep. Even when ds is in it during the day, he turns his head occasionally so I'd think that'd prevent flat spots. Have fun with santa, Jack!

Okay so I looked up growth chart info with his birth stats and this is what I got:
    Length = in percentile 90 
    Weight = above percentile 95 
    Head Circumference = between percentile 50 and 75

13. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@scg00387: I'm a very stubborn person but I think I'm on the other side of stubborn in this situation lol! I'm comfortable using sposies but I'll give the BGs a shot at some point. you know... eventually!

@FarmWifeGina: whatever you choose to do is okay! You're doing great and little miss loves you for it!

14. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Growth spurts are no joke. Holy smokes.

15. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

M had her slightly delayed two week appointment yesterday (she's a month on Thursday). Up to 9 lbs 12 oz (8 lbs 12 oz at birth and 8/6 at discharge). I didn't catch the head and height but apparently she's growing well.

Mr D and I are both super sick so the last few days have been hellish. I dunno if anyone else has experienced an uptick in arguments but we sure have.

My bleeding comes and goes but seems to be mostly done - but I had a c section.

16. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@anbanan15: With my first, my bleeding was pretty well wrapped up by 3 weeks PP. With #2 it went for almost the full 6 weeks. This time, I was down to normal period bleeding 12 hours after giving birth and down to spotting within 2 days. Then I had one random day actual bleeding again last week. Lol, it's different with every birth, I think. Maybe it has to do with iron levels. I didn't pay attention with my first two pregnancies and I was never told to supplement my iron intake, but I'm pretty suremy iron levels weren't as good with my last pregnancy as they were this time because they were really, really good this time. Or maybe those damn afterpains were so efficient in the first 12 hours this time that they got everything out and clamped down in short order.

17. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

I haven't really bled much at all after the first week, but I have had a very small amount if brownish discharge. I'm between really needing a panty liner abd ditching it completely.

We did 3 diapers of BGs yesterday and all her diapers today have been BGs and it's going totally fibe, my concern will come with the first wash...I'm terrified of stink/rash/repelling/build up/etc! But yeah, just using the NB inserts so far, and while she's had some impressive pees/poops, no leaks...yet!

@Ash: Dude I hear you, like I mentioned, we wrapped up the first Wonder Week leap and I'm basically 100% convinced were hitting off the 6 week growth spurt (6 weeks tomorrow!)... The last two nights have been borderline hellish trying to get her to sleep, and she just wants to be held/carried/eating when she isn't sleeping!

LO usually sleeps in the RnP, and the past few nights has been in bed with me. We don't have much if a concern about get head getting flat--since she was breech, it kind of grew back, so she can't really lay flat on it, she's always looking one way or the other. It's gotten a lot better though, so maybe she'll be flat lying before long! During the day she's usually in the carrier, I'm holding her, or she's napping at my boobs on the Boppy/My Brest Friend. Oh, we go in on the 23rd to the hospital for her hip ultrasound... One hip has a small click I guess, so I'm sooooo hoping she's fine and I can stop worrying about hip dysplasia...

@MrsTiz: Good luck at the ENT! I'm dreadddding 2 month shots. Did you give him Tylenol before?

18. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ms.janedoe: that's our problem! Bedtime is the worst! Dh was up with him until 1am trying to get him to sleep last night (I had an explosive headache so he let me sleep). And when he's awake all he wants is to nurse... latch on, latch off, repeat. Ahhhhhh!

Glad the bgs went well. I'm still nervous to try them. Who knows if I will!

19. immabeetoo

honeydew / 7687 posts

@Ash: eh, there is no hurry -- LO will be in diapers for the next few years I am not a CD pusher, but just wanted to chime in that if you spent all that time/$ at least keep them until things settle down and try them once he's a little older. I was so, so ready to give up - told DH I thought they were making him sleep worse (???!!) and did disposables for a few weeks. I totally get it

20. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: I looked at Elliott's hummingbird pic again and can't help but smile... he's so cute!!

21. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@scg00387: I like your way of thinking... Thanks for making me feel "normal"!

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

One month old today!

23. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@Ash: yes!!!! Growth spurts.... OMG!

24. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I can't believe this photo is 2 weeks old...just wanted to start the day with an adorable baby image for you all. Plus, I couldn't just have my son be known for his hummingbird tendencies

I'll write more soon!

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. J: SOOO cute!!!

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsDragon: I'm with you on the arguments. More like, an increase in insane conversations at ungodly hours with little to no sleep. No discussions that take place after being woken up with 1.5 hours of sleep will never result in anything good.

Hope you feel better soon!

27. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@lilteacherbee: AHHH!!! Those newborn photos of Nathan are incredible! LOVE them!

@ShootingStar: Good to hear from you! When do you think you'll start pumping more? I'm trying to get into it now so that my husband can take over a night feeding and I can grab that elusive 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep I've heard so much about from my sister. Right now, I live off of a cumulative 6 hours between 8pm and 6am. Good times...

@ChitownRo: WOW! That is a lot of milk! How long have you been pumping? And do you only pump in the AM? I'm trying to learn more about it and get pumped up (ha!) to get in the habit each day. It just felt like such an accomplishment to really get breastfeeding comfortable that I have put off the whole phalange thing.

@MrsTiz: Have you tried an Ergo carrier? Elliott LOVES the Ergo.

@Mrs. Pink: I think we can definitely start arranging marriages I need to get in the habit of taking a zillion more photos to get that one golden photo. Congrats to you and Caroline on her weight gain! And thank you for sharing your tips on bath time.

@anbanan15: I didn't really pay attention to how long my bleeding lasted. I feel like I just wore a pad or panty-liner as a precaution so I didn't have to ruin all of my undies. It's hard to take care of more than E right now. I applaud you for being a mom of two! I have my first post-partum appointment tomorrow. I look forward to hearing how I'm doing down there. I haven't really taken a look - other than just to clean things up with a razor and wash daily.

@FarmWifeGina: Hugs to you! For every mom with more than one, you are my hero! Let the tears flow, and do what's best for you and baby. We believe in you!

- - - - - -
    Thank you all for the cheers for his weight gain! I have my first post-partum OB appointment tomorrow. I forgot when it was and now my mom is out of town for a few days and I will be bringing E to the appt. I hope he stays nice and chill while my lady bits are being inspected.

28. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@sweetooth: oh - we have such huge pumped milk numbers bc we are exclusively pumping. He wouldn't latch so I am not BFing. If I could BF, I wouldn't be pumping like crazy

29. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ChitownRo: Got it I probably didn't look back far enough to see that you shared that detail already.

30. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@sweetooth: what a doll! So handsome! Hummingbird arms or not

So, our Santa had an attitude, and the girls taking the pictures weren't paying attention.. Santa waved us up, and Jack sat perfectly still for over a minute but the picture girls were talking to each other instead, so by the time Santa yelled at them (and scared Jack) he was over it. Oh well, I got to see Santa yell at two girls in front of a long line of horrified little kids and got this hilarious crying pic out of it

31. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@MrsTiz: the crying pics are some of the funniest Santa photos. He still is adorable and I love his outfit

32. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsDragon: We have def. been arguing ALOT.

hubby is back to work now full time- and has been working really long days- leaves the house anytime between 4 and 5:30 AM and getting home after 6 PM-- so he's getting dibs on sleep, because he drives a lot of his job. Since I can't sleep during the day (I've tried) I'm often on like 3 hours of sleep every 24 hours-- Needless to say, I am not my best self LOL -- I kind of act like a toddler when I'm that tired so by the time he gets home any question he asks me is met with disdain....

Especially since he usually wakes me up so he can go to bed RIGHT in the middle of Caroline's witching hour at 10:30 or 11... so I wake up to a screaming unhappy baby!

I've also been getting super pissed at the fact that half the time he doesn't acknowledge anything I say until I practically scream at him... and then gets mad when I yell like "Why are you giving me crap and yelling at me?" -- I know he's tired after working and is just trying to unwind but would it hurt to pause your TV show or video game and listen?

33. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@MrsDragon: We didn't start arguing until recently, and really we aren't even arguing..we need to because I'm internalizing all of my annoyances with him and it's making me twice as mad as it should. DH and I both work the same hours, at the same place. I have J with me in the office & he's a full time job..so I'm esentially working 2 full time jobs at the same time, then still am his sole care provider at home because DH is "tired" (LOL TELL ME ABOUT IT!) and come 8pm my patience is nonexistent and all I want to do is sit on the couch alone, no one touching me and just leave me alone. I am slowly losing my mind and desperately need a maid and some alone time. My house is a disaster because when i'm not at work or holding jack I damn sure don't want to be doing dishes.. ahhhg! DH acts like it's a chore to help out with Jack and if he fusses he gives him straight to me. The last FOUR showers I took, I stepped out to DH standing there holding a crying baby ready to pass him off. It'd be diffrent if he was doing the housework while I was on baby duty, but he isn't. And i'm just so, so so done.

34. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsTiz: oh man- the "tired" husband thing drives me nuts-- right now I can't imagine doing what you're doing, working full time with a non mommy job AND doing the mommy stuff at the same time and then being pretty much the only one taking care of the baby when you get home too.... SO MUCH work!

My house is a disaster right now too- and we've got family coming for our Christmas this weekend... because my hubby really thinks he likes to "entertain" and have people over without thinking about how much work it is to get the house clean... we've literally kept up on dishes, garbage and laundry and that's it.

Hubby is good about taking care of Caroline's needs- he changes and feeds her and watches her so I can nap most of the time... but I've def. had WTF moments when I've been jerked out of sleep to hear a screaming angry baby and walked out to the living room to see him holding her in one arm while he's playing on the computer. Or had him wake me up mid nap to ask a question like "what's the number to the take-out Chinese place?"

I'm pretty sure if I didn't love him he'd be six feet under right now! Nothing like having a newborn to really test your resolve...

Do you have any close friends or relatives that might be able to take him for a few hours when you get home so you can take a nap or a bubble bath or something?

35. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Mrs. Pink: My mom loves to have him and asks him to sleep over almost every Saturday, and I let him. (mom guilt!) but ahhg those nights where I can do nothing are wonderful. I just need DH to realize how much i'm doing and help pick up the slack. He has that "I took out the trash last week so that means I ALLWAAAYS do it" complex, which is so hard to break through. He gets really denfishve over it. He's always been no help with the house, but it was no big deal when we didn't have a baby. Now, I just need a break, I'm not the energizer bunny!

36. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsTiz: my mom has been telling me she wants to take her for the night and I keep resisting but I think I'm going to soon...

My hubby has the same complex, it kills me! I've got nothing on how to get them to realize they aren't actually picking up any slack.... I've been trying to do this since before we had a baby too-- if he's done it once in the last month he's "done it every day"

37. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Mrs. Pink: "if he's done it once in the last month he's "done it every day" yes x100. And if I say that he gets mad. He hasn't fed LO since Thursday of last week.. I told him that last night and he got all mad at me "yes I have! I feed him all the time" and I asked him to tell me the last time he did it then, and he had no clue. Thursday, bud..it was Thursday. I know this because I've been mad at you everyday since because of it lol

38. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsTiz: maybe our husbands are long lost twins?

Mine also has this time exaggeration, like he told me that I wasted "an hour and a half" making up extra bottles last night because he seemed to think he'd been home for an hour and a half-- it was 20 minutes-- I literally had to pull out my phone and show him the last time I'd fed the baby, to prove it had only been 20 minutes!

Menfolk....

39. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

PS: I'm glad to have somewhere to vent about this- my MIL doesn't get it because she had zero help with her kids since FIL traveled alot for work, my mom just gets super pissed at hubby (and will hold it against him) and of course hubby doesn't understand!

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Pink: @MrsTiz: definitely some stress with DH, especially in the middle of the night. I try to let him sleep bc he has work the next day and we are EBF, but last night I was peeved. LO had clearly eaten already, and I either have the flu or mastitis, so logically I should be resting, and he basically begrudged me for wanting him to comfort Jack a little. I told him I was never going to sleep with how Jack was grumping, and he told me that I would just be tired tomorrow. Uh, no? You could take him for a few minutes! He always complains about how tired he is, but he isn't the one up for at least an hour feeding his son every few hours. He is great about changing diapers and burping, although I have to ask sometimes, but he has seriously slacked on his housework, and the dang new XBox 1 is. not. helping.

I have a call into the midwives to see if they can diagnose me over the phone if it is mastitis and get me started on antibiotics....whee. Plus Jack was eating like a meanie last night and now my nipples are extra sore and the kid won't open his mouth to latch well! Ugh.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee