Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 labor watch/delivery

1. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: I totally forgot that you had a lot of bleeding, it's nice that someone else has gone through it before. But this better not last for weeks, I'll go crazy!

2. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I've been admitted! Last they checked I was 5 cm, but I'm having a lot of contractions, so hopefully progressing quickly.

3. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: I will be thinking about you guys. 💗

4. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@LAZB: thinking of you!!!

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: wahoo! Good luck with everything. I'm so jealous, looks like you'll get a Halloween babe unless your labour proceeds super quickly! Can't wait to hear the news!

My due date has just about come and gone.... Baby is very active tonight and I've had lots of contractions today. They're just not amounting to anything.

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

He's here! More details later, but had a fast and easy delivery, and R was born just after 9 on 10/30!

7. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: 🎉 Congrats momma!!! Welcome baby R!

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: so glad everything went great!! Congrats mama!

9. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@LAZB: yay congratulations!!!!

10. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@LAZB: congrats!!!

11. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

@LAZB: Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more!

12. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: congrats! And I'm so happy to hear that it was a fast and easy delivery for you!! Can't wait to hear details and maybe see pictures.

13. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: any updates with you??

14. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@LAZB: congrats, and Welcome to R!!

15. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: nope! Officially overdue and no signs of anything. Haven't had any contractions since yesterday.
    I did make two freezer meals today so at least I'm being productive.

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Ok, so I typed out a quick birth story so I would remember things later, sorry if it's confusing, I'm so tired!
    Thursday around 11 am I lost my mucus plug, and then started my bloody show a couple of hours later. The bleeding turned more red and period like, and I was concerned, so we went in to be monitored Friday morning from around 3-8. Everything looked ok, and even though I had contractions every 2-4 minutes, I wasn't progressing, so they sent me home. The bleeding continued, so I went for an ultrasound Friday afternoon, and everything looked good, so we relaxed a bit. The bleeding was heavy until Saturday morning, and then tapered off a bit. Saturday night/Sunday morning I had contractions every 6-8 minutes for four hours, and contractions a little more spread out before and after that, so I didn't really sleep. On Sunday morning the bleeding picked back up, so I was nervous again. I didn't have clots, which is what I was warned to call in for, so we decided to go ahead with our plans to go to the Texans game since the stadium is right next to the hospital. The bleeding slowed again, but I was having bad pain in what I assumed was my bladder, and had to pee every 20 minutes. The consistency of the blood was also different and bright red, so we left the game after the third quarter and decided to call the nurse line for my doctor. I was advised to go in for observation, so we did. They cleared me from having a uti, and checked my cervix, and I was dilated to 4.5, up from 2.5 on Friday. I started having consistent contractions after I'd been at the hospital for 45ish minutes, so they said they would give me a little longer, check me again, and if there was change they would probably admit me. Turns out the bladder pain was part of my contractions with the way R was positioned (which I later remembered I had at the beginning of labor with Q). I was checked again and was a 5, so they admitted me. My contractions ramped up right away, and I could tell things were going to go fast. I got an epidural, they checked me and I was already 8 cm, and they broke my water. Around 25 minutes later it was time to push, and after about 20 minutes of pushing, R came out, almost too quickly. We had to frantically call the doctor in because he was mostly out and she was supposed to catch him. When I delivered the placenta, there was a 20% abruption, which is likely why I had so much bleeding. That can be really serious, so I'm so glad he handled it well.
    I didn't tear at all, and feel tired but really good. R latched on right away, and ate for almost two hours. He weighs 7 lbs 6 oz and is 21" long.
    This morning he has had some difficulties maintaining his blood sugar and temperature, so they are taking him to the nicu. It's bringing back memories from Q, so that's difficult, but I'm trying to remember that this is a totally different situation.

17. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@LAZB: hurray!!! Congratulations

18. theknest

apricot / 453 posts

@Lazb - Congrats! Sorry he had to go to the NICU! Praying it will be a quick visit!

I'm feeling a lot of contractions today. Hoping baby decides to wait until AFTER trick-or-treating tonight!

19. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Thanks everyone!

20. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@LAZB: WAHOO!

21. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@LAZB: I just read your full story and I'm sorry that the situation is giving you anxiety. Keep reminding yourself that everything is fine and he is safe. Many hugs and congrats to you and your family! Can't wait to meet him!

22. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@LAZB way to go mama! So glad to hear he's here! Kudos for going to that game basically in labor!

23. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@LAZB: Congrats! I love that you went to a football game. Lol. Hoping everything goes well and you can go home soon!

24. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@MrsRcCar: @LAZB: Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your birth stories - it has been great to share this journey with you

25. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad R is here safe and sound and that you had such a great birth. Hope he is out of NICU soon and back in your arms! Rest up mama!

November is here ladies! Time to welcome lots more babies.

26. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November Arrivals!

Oct 15 ~ S (Pink Elephant)
    Oct 25 ~ O (MrsRcCar)
    Oct 30 ~ R (LazB)

November Due Dates!

Delight - 10/30 {#2}
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Mrs. Marshmallow - 11/3 {#1}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/17 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Mrs. Grizzly Bear - 11/26 {#3}
    Littlebear16 - 11/27 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}

27. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: Here's hoping that our babes arrive today!!!

28. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: happy due date lady! Good luck!!

29. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

I'm a little more dilated than last week, enough that I had a sweep done. My induction is booked for Sunday. I really hope baby makes their appearance in the next few days!

30. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: Thanks for sharing your story! I always love reading them. Hope R gets out of the NICU quick and you get some rest.
    @delight: good luck! Your LO seems to be nice and comfy right now!

31. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

R was released from the nicu yesterday and we are home today! Big sister is obsessed!

32. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: awesome news! Glad everything is going well.

33. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@LAZB: So glad you are home and everyone is doing well!!

34. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@LAZB: Popping in to say congrats. I'm so happy for you and hope R continues to do great!

35. theknest

apricot / 453 posts

Ruby Kay is here! Our little girl was born at 6:49 on 11/1! I'll update later! We're both doing great!

36. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@theknest: wahoo congrats!! Can't wait to hear more!

37. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November Arrivals!
    Oct 15 ~ S (Pink Elephant)
    Oct 25 ~ O (MrsRcCar)
    Oct 30 ~ R (LazB)
    Nov 1 ~ R (theknest)

November Due Dates!
    Delight - 10/30 {#2}
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    Mrs. Marshmallow - 11/3 {#1}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/17 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Mrs. Grizzly Bear - 11/26 {#3}
    Littlebear16 - 11/27 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}

38. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

Just got back from my last doctor's appointment- induction is scheduled for Nov. 8th if Baby J doesn't make an appearance before then. I don't really want to wait that long, but it would be super cool to have my baby born on the same day that (hopefully) the US gets our first woman president!

39. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@theknest: congratulations!!! Glad to hear you both are doing well.

40. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@theknest: @LAZB: @MrsRcCar: Congrats ladies and welcome little ones!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee