Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 labor watch/delivery

1. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

Congrats to the new arrivals! I'm getting so antsy but due date still a couple weeks away. I'm also having TONS of braxton hicks.. I feel like every time I touch my stomach, it's hard. I wonder if that means anything? It's making me a bit nervous that I won't know when it's the real thing since they're happening so frequently...

2. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Thanks everyone!

3. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@LAZB: thank you for sharing your birth story I know you are beyond overjoyed for the safe arrival of your new sweet baby but can totally understand the whole experience being a huge trigger with overwhelming emotions. Big hugs and huge congrats again

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

I'm feeling very overwhelmed and down today. I really thought baby would be here by now. I really don't want to be induced but if baby doesn't come by Sunday, I will be. I've been doing everything in my power to get baby out but it is way too comfy. It doesn't even feel like they have dropped at all. I'm still being kicked in the ribs. I had lots of painful contractions last night and even got my bag ready by the front door then they just disappeared. I'm really tired from the anticipation and had a good cry this morning. I have another induction massage this morning so hopefully that kicks things into gear. I'm 40+5 and ready to meet baby.

Hope you ladies are doing well!

5. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: aw I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so down. The last few weeks are so hard, I can't imagine going past the due date! Some babies just love that comfort in there huh? I'm sure the hormones aren't helping either! Either way, I hope you get to relax a little for the next two days if the baby doesn't come until Sunday.

As of my 37 week appointment, I've had no change in my cervix. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and I hope i go around 39 weeks... fingers crossed

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: I'm sorry, I would feel discouraged too, totally understandable
    @sandy: thank you! I'm so glad he's doing better, I just couldn't handle more nicu time.

7. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: Awww - big hugs!! I hope today or tomorrow - fingers crossed!!! Has your doc stripped your membranes? I had mine stripped with DD1 on her due date and labor started 2 days later

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: baby certainly is comfy! I just don't know why it's taking so long when DD was right on time. I just expected it to be the same. I hope you don't have to wait this long. Good luck at your next appointment. I hope this week brings favorable changes!
    @LAZB: thanks mama. I hope you are enjoying your time at home now. So glad he wasn't in long. I'm sure that was super stressful.
    @sandy: thank you. My OB stripped as much as she could on Tuesday but I was only 1.5 dilated at the time. How are you doing these days?

9. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@delight: Sorry you're feeling down! My due date is still 2 weeks away and I already feel like I'm just waiting, so I can only imagine how I'll feel at that point. However your baby chooses to come though, they're almost here! I try to tell myself if they wait to come, there's a reason. Everything happens when it should. Good luck this weekend, I am excited for you!

10. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: I'm doing ok - but third pregnancy at 37 is so much harder! Lots of aches and pains and just feeling so heavy all the time. But only 2.5 weeks left until my scheduled csection and I would like baby to stay put until then bc I have lots of little things I want to wrap up before his arrival including celebrating DD1's 5th birthday. I really hope you have a wonderful weekend - you're doing so great hanging in there!!!

Do you ladies want to exchange info to follow each other on Instagram? I'm not on FB but I do use IG to stay connected to a lot of other ladies from HB that aren't as active on the boards any longer. I don't have gold otherwise I'd message you my username. If you have gold, send me a secure message so we can exchange usernames and follow each other.

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I'd love to continue on IG or FB too, wall me if you'd like to connect!

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Just got back from hospital. Had the foley balloon catheter thing placed. It's quite annoying having something dangling from me I'm having contractions now that are getting intense but I know the foley can cause cramping too. There are 7 ladies scheduled for induction tomorrow so I just wait for the hospital to call when it is my turn. Unless contractions pick up and I'm in actual labour, then I'll be admitted!

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: yay! Hope it turns into the real thing and you don't need the induction tomorrow!

14. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: thinking of you, hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow for you and baby! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

15. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@delight: I had a foley at the start of my induction and it was my least favorite part! You are a rockstar for going home with that thing!! Good luck!

16. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

So things are not going great They went to break my water and turns out baby is breech. However, the doc tonight specializes in vaginal breech births so we are going to try. I start the pitocin in a few minutes. We shall see what happens.

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: wow, that's very cool that they will let you try, but what a curveball! I bet that has something to do with why you didn't go into labor on your own. Good luck! I can't wait to hear updates

18. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: Thinking about you guys. I hope everything goes smoothly.

19. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@delight: thinking of you

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@delight: Thinking of you and I hope you are holding baby soon!

21. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: thinking of you and hoping things are going smoothly for you (as much as it can with a breeched baby) ❤❤

22. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: So sorry to hear about your setback- hoping everything is going well for you guys!

23. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Hi ladies! Baby boy arrived at 10:28 and is 7 pounds, 8 ounces. He came out breech but I only pushed for 10 mins! I haven't got to hold him yet, he is in the NICU because he was having some trouble breathing. They assure me everything is fine. I did get to see him for a minute and he is a cutie. My DH is with him so hopefully I get an update soon.

24. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@delight: Just saw your update! Congrats! Hope he is in your arms soon!

25. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: congratulations! So glad it went well!

26. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@delight: congrats!

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@delight: Congrats!

28. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: so happy it went well and only 10 minutes of pushing, wow! Hope HE (congrats on your boy 💙) is in your arms now.

29. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@delight: So happy for you

30. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@delight: congrats!!!!

31. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight yay! Congrats! Way to go! How sweet.

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: congratulations mama!!! Great job!! Keep us posted on your baby BOY!!!

33. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Thanks everyone! He is doing just awesome. No concerns at all. We will be going home in the morning. Big sister came to meet her little brother today which was fun. She loved holding him! Can't wait to hear about more November babies!!

34. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: Congratulations on your sweet beautiful boy! Big sister is obviously in love

My induction is scheduled for today- I just called to make sure they had a space for me and they don't The charge nurse said it should only be a few hours but I am so disappointed that I am still waiting. Argh.

35. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: beautiful!!!

36. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@caterw: thinking of you today and hoping you get in for your induction!!!

37. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: what sweet pictures!! Love seeing siblings together.
    @caterw: good luck today, i hope they get you in soon!!

38. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: best wishes today! Hope everything goes smoothly! Can't wait to hear your news

39. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@caterw: good luck! Hope they can fit you in!

40. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

Forgot to update yesterday- we were able to check in a couple of hours later and baby Julia was born at 9:01 pm last night! I'll post a picture and a little more later but we are both perfectly healthy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee