Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2019 Mamas!

1. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: haha thank you for actually knowing the science behind it. Drives me bonkers when people are all “but DH is a twin, so we might have twins!” 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

2. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: Trust me, I read up when we decided to start trying 😂😂 He could be a carrier, and if we had daughters they would have a higher chance of multiples, but we’re in the clear. 😉

I had my second level today and it came back at 1051! Doubling time is ~35 hours, so it seem like we’re on track. I’m going to see if I can get the OB to move up my ultrasound since I should be at 2000 early this week. 🤞🤞🤞🌈🌈🌈

3. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: awesome news! I bet you are feeling a little bit of relief!

4. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@karenbme: great news! So happy to hear!

5. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

Anyone else already anxious to find out the sex? I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet (I actually haven't even scheduled the appointment yet ) but after 3 boys I can't help but wonder!

We've doing the NIPT for my last two pregnancies and we will opt to do it again with this one! My OB's office just recently switched to Panorama (Natera) which you can do at 9 weeks.

Hi, I'm bees_knees and I am the most impatient person on the planet.

ETA: I know I know. I am also anxious for my US. Please be (one) HEALTHY baby in there! I shouldn't get ahead of myself but I can't help it. Haha.

6. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: @SweetCaroline: Thanks! We’re not out of the woods yet, but it all looks good right now!

@bees_knees: I’ll def be doing NIPT, too, with all the problems we’ve had, and will probably find out the sex at that time. My doctor doesn’t offer it until 11 weeks, though. My dad asked me this morning if I want a boy or a girl, and I really don’t think I have a preference. Whatever it is will be new for us. 😉 The only reason I wouldn’t want to know right away is that DH’s Mom is super into gender stereotypes and starts gifting literal trunks of gender-reductive clothing/toys to her granddaughters especially from the moment she knows. I’m not saying my kids will be gender-free, but there are more colors than pink and blue, and anyone can play with blocks. Not knowing gender at least pushes it out 6 months or so.

7. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@bees_knees: yes, I am so looking forward to finding out the gender. We have a girl and I will be so excited no matter the gender. It would be so sweet to.have two girls, sisters. It would also be so awesome to experience one of each. I just want to know what exciting I get to look forward to

DD is also a girly girl and loves things like pink and purple snow boots, etc. Admittedly, I generally buy black or navy for hand me down versatility... If #2 were to be a girl, I would cater to her wishes a bit more on colors. On the flip side, almost all of her jammies are gender neutral (even at 4) and many of her shirts/pants are, because alligators and trucks are exciting to girls too!

Logistically, this is our last baby. If it's a boy, I want to clear out all the girl clothes that DD has grown out of and stop wasting space. If its a boy, it also will motivate us to pull the trigger on our house expansion project in the next few years, as they will need to share a room. I'm a planner.

8. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

All this "planning" that I want to do and I still have no nausea and had some suspect discharge (TMI, sorry...) the previous two weeks. At least my breasts are tender and no cramping. 🤷‍♀️ I can't wait for my ultrasound.

9. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@SweetCaroline: I was just going to post something similar. How is everyone doing with nervousness? We just got to our vacation. I was really hoping this week would be a good distraction from waiting for the next ultrasound but now I'm worried I'm just going to be anxious, and therefore grumpy, all week.

10. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@SweetCaroline: are you having mild cramping or really none? I had a bunch of early minor cramping with my son, but I've had almost none so far and it's making me nervous.

11. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: Annoying. Maybe find out and then just not tell her Jk. Kinda.

@SweetCaroline: I am also a planner, and I'm 99% sure this will be our last baby. I totally get "wanting to know what to look forward to"! Four brothers would be awesome, but if I were being honest with myself I think I would be sad to not have the experience of raising a girl. Hopefully your appointment comes quick to give you some reassurance! I hate the nervousness of early pregnancy! I feel so much better once I can feel movement and keep tabs on them

@Chuckles: I am doing ok as far as nervousness...but I am very fortunate as I have never had a loss. I also continue to pee on all of the sticks and have seen some great line progression...but I'm technically only 3+5 so I've got a ways to go until my US! Hope you can relax a bit on your trip!

12. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: I would LOVE to do that, but I know one of us would slip up and then feelings would be hurt and it would totally be a thing. 😉

@Chuckles: @bees_knees: I would say I’m doing ok with nervousness now, but I was a wreck until I got the HCG result today. I still don’t really believe we’re going to have a baby in November, but I’m also not counting the days to figure out what meetings I’d have to reschedule if it went wrong at different points anymore.

@SweetCaroline: I totally agree that it’s frustratingly hard to plan at this point. Fingers crossed you see a nice strong heartbeat soon! 💗

13. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@karenbme: congrats on your beta results!! That's such great news!

14. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Chuckles: Thanks! It is really reassuring.

15. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@karenbme: I wish I could be calmer about it since so far everything looks great. Once we see a heartbeat, I'll feel much better. But that still feels like a big if at this point.

16. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Just popping in to join you ladies!

EDD: November 28 (Thanksgiving!)
    How far along: 4w2d
    First child? Third, actually - DS1 is 3.5, DS2 is 2
    First doctor appointment: TBD - I'll have to give them a call tomorrow to get everything set up
    Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs that also seem to have gotten bigger overnight
    Who have you told? DH and my BFF!

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Chuckles: I know how you feel. I’m still saying if not when for sure, but also trying really hard to embrace the fact that things are going well now.

@raspberries: Welcome!

18. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@raspberries: welcome!!

@karenbme: awesome numbers! so great to hear!!!

@bees_knees: ha, i am already dying to know, but...our last two kids DH wanted to be team green and i basically refused and found out the gender at the NIPT. i really appreciated knowing. but now that we have one of each and this kind of feels like our bonus baby, i was thinking maybe it would be fun to wait and see this time? but i'm already kind of anxious to know, haha. not sure i'm really gonna last.

@Chuckles: @SweetCaroline: i'm literally experiencing zero symptoms at this point. it feels weird to be nervous now when i was so shocked to learn of this pregnancy just a week ago, but i can't help but feel uneasy that there are basically no signs of it. both my prior pregnancies had very different symptoms, but there definitely were symptoms. maybe i'm extra tired? but who can even say--i'm always tired.

19. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Thanks for the welcome! I'm anxiously waiting for symptoms to start (also kind of hoping they don't start?) I had really bad nausea/morning sickness with DS1, and then pretty much nothing with DS2, so I feel like it's a complete toss up over here.

Also, starting us a list... let me know if I forgot anyone or got something wrong!

November 2019 Mamas
    11/8: Mrs. RV (#3)
    11/9: sweetcaroline (#2)
    11/19: chuckles (#2)
    11/25: nwm (#3)
    11/28: raspberries (#3)
    11/29: karenbme (#1)
    end of Nov: bees_knees (#4)

Always in our hearts
    schubro3

20. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Anyone else not get emails even though they are subscribed?

@raspberries: @nwm: I have read that with subsequent pregnancies, symptoms generally aren't as pronounced. I feel like that is the case for me, even though I have morning sickness I am not throwing up every morning like I did with DD or when my heart rate got up with DS.

21. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@nwm: I joked with DH about being team green (before I was even pregnant) and then realized that I am lying to myself if I think I have that sort of patience I'm sure it would be an amazing surprise at delivery...but. I'm too Type A! Also, I think it's ok to have such conflicting feelings regarding your pregnancy (ie...shock, but anxiety over being a healthy pregnancy). You CAN have multiple (opposite) feelings at once, which sometimes I fail to remember!

@raspberries: Thanks for making the list! I'm selfishly glad there are lots of us at the end of the month! My last due date board (which was so so so quiet) I was like the only one at the end of the month! So I was always getting jealous of everyone being ahead of me

I made my first appointment for 4/19! I'll be 8+2 by LMP, 7+1 by my dates. I've personally been using my O date to mentally tally how far along I am...I'd rather "gain" a week than lose one Already feeling the waves of nausea (boo) and I seem much more tired than my previous pregnancies. Of course, that could be because I have three little people to be chasing around, so. I miss the days when I could just lay around on my couch and feel sorry for myself. Haha.

So far are we all veterans, except @karenbme? Crazy!

22. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Ms. RV: I hope you're right! I hadn't heard that symptoms aren't as pronounced in subsequent pregnancies, but it rang true for my last one, so here's hoping the trend continues.

@bees_knees: I just made my first appointment too! Scheduled for 4/11 here - I'm at a different ob than my last two pregnancies (we moved from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania last year) so I'm curious to see what their process is like. I'm waiting for the tiredness to kick in - I know it's gonna happen any day now! (I have a bunch of kids shows saved to my Netflix so I'm ready when I just need a break, haha.)

@karenbme: I think you ARE the only first time mama in our group (so far!) You've got a bunch of seasoned pros with you!

23. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@bees_knees: So how crazy is the transition from 2 to 3? I can't even imagine 4. There only better be one inside of me!!!

@raspberries: If you'll be delivering at the university hospital, only believe half of the horror stories

24. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@nwm: Thanks! One more level tomorrow and then if the trend continues I’ll get to see for sure that it’s in the right place with an ultrasound at the end of the week. And also I totally get the shocked and then nervous transition. As soon as you see the two lines it’s your child, of course you’re nervous.

@bees_knees: Congrats on your appointment! I’m also pretty type A, but for whatever reason I have no need to know gender. It’s literally the one thing I’m laid back about right now. 🤷‍♀️

@bees_knees: @raspberries: For now I’m in familiar territory, but if I make it to the second trimester I’m sure I’ll have some questions for you all!

25. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Ms. RV: So many horror stories about hospitals near here!!! I'm not sure if it's that hit or miss, or if the other moms at my kid's preschool just like trying to one-up each other, haha. If I have a normal pregnancy, I'll deliver at St. Clair, but if there is anything strange going on, I think they'll make me go to West Penn. I'm crossing my fingers it'll be St. Clair, because it's literally 5 minutes from our house.

26. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@karenbme: When's your next appointment? Fingers crossed everything continues to go well!

27. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@raspberries: I have another blood draw tomorrow, and if the trend from last time continues I should have an ultrasound at the end of the week to definitively establish if the embryo is in my uterus. I’m feeling pretty good about what the number will be because nausea hit me hard today. 🤢

28. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Ok, I need input. A while ago DH and I had settled on Daniel as our front runner boy’s name, but since then his sister gave her son Daniel as a middle name. He thinks it’s totally fine to still use Daniel, because it’s not our nephew’s first name, but I think it’s been used and we need to think about other names. What do you all think? Would it be weird to have Daniel _______ and ______ Daniel as cousins? There are several in his fam, but not two in one generation.

29. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@karenbme: IMHO as long as the cousin in question doesn't actually go by daniel/dan/danny, you can totally still use it! (and i think it's a great name!). separate question i guess is whether you just prefer a name that hasn't been used this generation, but as far as etiquette or whatever, i think you should feel free.

i have many thoughts and feelings on this issue because DS is a IV, named after DH, who is a III obviously (this was a whole other debate in and of itself). but since DH and his dad both go by the same first name, i wanted DS to have a nickname to differentiate him. the middle name, charles, would have been perfect (i love charlie!). but my husband's sister had already named her third son Charles, and Charlie is what he goes by. i just felt you couldn't have two little first cousins running around being called the same first name. so instead we gave him a nickname that is loosely (at best) derived from his first name. it's super cute and i love his name but if cousin Charlie had just had Charles as a middle name i wouldn't have hesitated for a second to call him that.

also, my middle name is a family name that is extremely unique and is shared as a middle or first name by many members of my extended family. we enjoy it and always take pictures together at family gatherings, etc.!

30. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@raspberries: That's awesome you get to deliver at St. Clair. I have to deliver at Magee

@karenbme: Definitely use it as a first name! Your nephew won't be using his middle name regularly. It's a great name, too.

31. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@nwm: @Ms. RV: Yeah, maybe I’m being unreasonable. Idk. DH was crabby though because he thought that decision was made and now I’m reopening it, but we picked Daniel/Danny like a year and a half ago during my first pregnancy and I kind of want something more unique. 🤷‍♀️

32. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Big news! My level went up to 2591, doubling in 36 hours. They moved my ultrasound up to tomorrow. I won’t see a heartbeat this early, but one step at a time. 🤞🤞🤞🌈🌈🌈

33. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@karenbme: That's awesome!!!!!

34. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@karenbme: amazing news!!! so excited for you!

also i def don't think it's unreasonable to want to think about different names just because time has passed and now it feels less original/yours or just because you change your mind!

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Ms. RV: @nwm: Thanks! Looking at betabase, my numbers are consistently closer to median for a twin pregnancy than a single. I would be stoked if it were twins because it would mean we'd be done and not have to worry about trying and high risk and everything else again.

36. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@karenbme: Will you be far enough along for your ultrasound to tell if it is twins?

37. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@Ms. RV: I"m going to shoot it to you straight--2 to 3 was our most difficult transition. I kept reading all of these stories (while I was pregnant with #3) about how people said it was their EASIEST transition so I had pretty high expectations. And maybe it was because DS3 was our hardest baby, and DS2 has been a difficult toddler, and the short age gap between the two (which I know doesn't help you any haha)...I don't know. I don't think it was 100% awful, I just had higher hopes I guess? Going from 0 to 1 and from 1 to 2 was also so. freakin. easy. for us so it could all be relative too. I guess I'd recommend keeping expectations low...and it def helped thinking about all of the logistics ahead of time. (ie when I go to the grocery store with all three...what order do I get them out of their car seats? How do we walk into the store? Where do they sit in the cart? etc etc etc) ....Can you tell that I am a planner? haha We knew we wanted a close age gap, so I guess we are accepting that these first few years will be hard, but down the road it will be much easier! Don't panic! It will be amazing! Just be prepared for some tough times every now and then!

@karenbme: If you want to use Daniel as a first name, use it. I don't think that is weird at all. But it's also totally ok to nix it totally if your tastes have changed! Your levels are AWESOME! Can't wait to see how many little beans are in tomorrow!

AFM name=wise...if it is another boy he will be named "baby boy". There is no way DH and I will be able to agree on a FOURTH boy name. Haha.

38. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Ms. RV: We'll only see a sac (or sacs) at this point so maybe, but I'm more joking about twins. I don't actually think it will be two babies even though my number today was in the right tail for the singles distribution.

@bees_knees: Mostly I just want our kid to not get lost in the shuffle of all of the cousins. There are already 8 grandkids on that side and will probably be at least 2 more in the near future. And LOL @ "baby boy" maybe shorten to Bubba.

39. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: Bubba
    I don't think a Daniel would get lost in the shuffle if it is just a middle of a cousin. I literally can't remember the middle name of my niece right now. And I only have one niece

I'm only 4 weeks today and I already have: nausea, exhaustion, and HEARTBURN. WTF. Put my Costco sized bottle of tums next to my bed where they will remain for the next 8 months.

40. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@karenbme: Yay! So glad to hear your blood draw went well today! Hope your ultrasound tomorrow goes just as well! As for names, I don't think a cousin's middle name is reason enough to throw out a name you love. On the other hand, I think it's totally valid to reassess the names on your list and see if any new ones appeal to you. I have two boys, and I can tell you that my top girl names (which went unused) have changed with each pregnancy - and I'm unlikely to use either of them this time around.

@Ms. RV: I've heard that Magee is pretty much the best place if there are any complications though - it might be a little sterile-feeling, but you'll be in really good hands.

@bees_knees: I totally feel you on boy names - they're the hardest, and having two boys means I've pretty much stretched my imagination as far as I can, haha. (True story, the nurse in my delivery room actually picked DS2's name out of our list of 5 contenders, because I just couldn't choose.) My two boys have Irish names though, which makes it a little easier if I want to continue with the trend.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee