Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2019 Mamas!

1. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@raspberries: I have had a (long) running list of girl names...and I don't love any of them any more either! That's hilarious about the nurse picking DS2's name! We had a list of like 5 for DS1, 2 for DS2 (which were none of the 5 from DS1's list haha) and DS3 was a total struggle. If this one is a boy I'm going to veto every boy name DH comes up with and use the ol' "no uterus, no opinion" card. jk jk jk. Kinda.

I love Irish names for little boys! I was really pushing for Cormac last time and DH wouldn't go for it.

2. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Chuckles: Sorry...I'm catching up. I had very mild cramping a couple weeks ago, but nothing as of late.

I'm still not nauseous (not complaining!), and I'm not peeing every few minutes like one of my apps is telling me I should be (and I did when pregnant with DD). BUT my boobs hurt and I don't have any miscarriage symptoms, so there's that. I'm praying everything's good and I don't get any nausea!

3. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@karenbme: Great news! I'm so happy for you, that's awesome!

@raspberries: Congratulations and welcome!

4. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@raspberries: It totally is. Unfortunately since I have had two assisted births, both with fetal intolerance to labor, both with congenital heart defects, Magee is my only option. I am coming from near Greensburg, so I just hate the drive more than anything!

@bees_knees: I love Irish names, too!! DS has one and it took a lot of convincing (and bribery) to get SO on board. 10 months later and I still don't think he is convinced on the name.

Somehow we already agree on a first name for a boy and girl. It's scary....

5. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

I’m joining in!

EDD: November 23
    How far along: 5w, 3d
    First child? 3rd
    First doctor appointment: Today! Now I have to wait until 10 weeks.
    Any symptoms so far? A fullness in my stomach, but that’s about it. Nausea and exhaustion hit me hard with my previous two pregnancies around 5.5 - 6 weeks, so I’m expecting (and dreading) it.
    Who have you told? Just DH so far.

I’m excited to be here, and also super nervous about the logistics of adding a third. We always wanted three though, so we’re excited.

6. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@raspberries: @SweetCaroline: Thanks

@Ms. RV: That’s great that you’ve got two names picked and ready! (I’m a little jealous)

@LemonJack: Welcome! Glad your appointment yesterday went well!

@SweetCaroline: I’m sure everything is fine and your symptoms are just milder because you’ve done this before and your body is a little more used to the hormones. 💕 When is your first appointment?

7. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@LemonJack: Welcome! Congratulations😊

@karenbme: Thank you, that's what I keep telling myself. Just trying to enjoy the ride for now. My first appointment is 4/11 at 10 weeks. Making myself a full to do list to stay busy

8. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@bees_knees: thanks for being honest about the 2 to 3 transition...i found 0 to 1 extremely tough but 1 to 2 pretty easy. with these two being so close in age i am prepping for it to be harder for sure. (but planning to go back to work earlier, lol.) how long did it take until you felt more established/like you had hit a new normal with 3 (and please tell me you did eventually hit that point, haha!).

@karenbme: excited to hear how your ultrasound goes today!

@LemonJack: welcome! i share your nerves about the logistics of adding a third but very excited for both of us

9. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: wow i'm amazed you agree on names! i have picked out names for a boy and a girl (same middle name for either, a last name in my family). DH's reaction was that's a good first try, haha. but he's basically ridiculous about names, in that he refuses to give a solid opinion on anything almost ever so at the end of the day i think unless he takes a hard veto position i'll be able to nudge him into my camp.

10. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@LemonJack: hi! Welcome! I was also nervous about logistics if a third, but we are adding a 4th so we must have figured it out and SAME about nausea hitting me hard. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Pink Stork and started taking it (probiotics, magnesium spray, and something else) I told DH maybe if I throw everything at it right now it will be better 😂 I also have some B6/unisom but that has never worked for me in the past...probably because I don’t take enough because I’ve always been nursing in my early pregnancies so I just take small doses.

@nwm: I TOTALLY hit that point! I actually specifically remember the first time I had all three of them out in busy(ish) public. DH was in a huge sporting goods store, and I stayed in the car with all 3 boys while I nursed DS3, and then we went in to meet him. We were on “our own” for like 15 min in the store...It seems so silly,, but that was the first time I had navigated the world with all 3 😂 DS3 was 2.5 months old. That gave me a boost of confidence (like hi yes I can actually do this!).

When we were out I always wore DS3 so I could hold 2 little hands. Sometimes I would even wear DS3 and carry DS2 simultaneously just into the store or whatever. I’m sure I looked insane. We don’t live in a walkable area (we are super rural) or I would have just strapped everyone into the stroller!

@karenbme: anxious to hear about your US!

@Ms. RV: I can’t believe you already agree on names! Awesome. I think we won’t even start discussion until we know the sex.

11. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Adding lemonjack to the rundown!

November 2019 Mamas
    11/8: Mrs. RV (#3)
    11/9: sweetcaroline (#2)
    11/19: chuckles (#2)
    11/23: lemonjack (#3)
    11/25: nwm (#3)
    11/28: raspberries (#3)
    11/29: karenbme (#1)
    end of Nov: bees_knees (#4)

Always in our hearts
    schubro3

12. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@bees_knees: I almost feel like the girl names I had picked out for DS1 and DS2 were just for the little girl that would have been if they weren't boys, if that makes sense? So it's starting over from scratch here, but I'm not even going to think about it until we know if it's a girl or a boy (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later, since we plan to do the NIPT.) My oldest's name is Kieran, which I think sounds a little too similar to Cormac, but I really like that one!

@Ms. RV: Ah yuck. Hopefully you'll go into labor when you're already in the city for another reason so you don't have to make that drive with contractions. My hospital in Massachusetts was about 25 minutes away, and that was just excruciating.

@NWM: @LemonJack: We're adding number 3 too. Going from 1 to 2 was really tough here, but they were pretty close together at just a little over 18 months apart - DS2 will be almost 3 when this baby is born, so I'm hoping it'll be a little easier if he's more self-reliant (and potty trained!) If not, at least there are a few of us making the 2 to 3 transition so we can all commiserate together

13. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

So everything went well today!! Baby is in the right place and right where (s)he should be developmentally! We thought we’d only see a gestational sac, but we also saw a yolk sac, which the nurse described as bonus. Next appointment is a week from Friday and hopefully we’ll see a heartbeat, but not guaranteed.🌈🌈🌈🤞🤞🤞

14. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@karenbme: Awesome news!!! Congratulations!

15. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: amazing news!!!

@raspberries: yes that totally makes sense! Even named I loved for other babies...I just don’t love any more 🤷‍♀️ and that’s ok. GL if this one turns out to be DS3...it was ROUGH settling on a third boy name. Haha.

16. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@karenbme: yay!!! so glad to hear this update!
    my next appt is a week from friday too!

17. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@karenbme: wahooo!!! So happy to see this!

18. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@raspberries: @bees_knees: @nwm: @SweetCaroline: Thanks! I’m so relieved to make it to this point. Probably won’t really breathe until May, but step 1 is out of the way.

19. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@nwm: Our transitions were similar. Our first was a really difficult newborn, and our second was incredibly easy, so that transition was seamless. I’m anticipating that going from 2-3 will be more challenging.

@karenbme: Congratulations! That’s great news!

@bees_knees: Thanks for the welcome! I think you’ll be our expert here as so many of us are going from 2-3!

@raspberries: Our older two are three years apart, and I LOVED that spread. Our older daughter was old enough to amuse herself and understand that mommy was busy with the baby. She was also at the age where she really wanted to be a helper. Also, I’m curious, have you done the NIPT before? This is the first time I’m going to do it. We did the later genetic testing with our older two (so at 14-18 weeks). I decided I wanted to do the earlier test for peace of mind this time. I’m always nervous about false positives.

20. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@bees_knees: Hahaha, I feel like if this one is a boy, I might just put up a poll on HB for names and let the internet name him

@LemonJack: Ahhh, that's giving me hope! My two boys play so well together now, I'm hoping they're still like this when the baby comes along so they aren't feeling my shift in attention as much. My oldest just loves babies, so I know he won't have any issues, but I feel like DS2 might be a little resentful. And yes, I've done the NIPT both times before - my old OB was part of a pilot program for Panorama, so they offered it to all clients free of charge. It really gave me a lot of peace of mind (and clearly spoiled me, because I'm willing to pay out of pocket for it now that I'm not getting it for free!)

21. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Chuckles: How are you doing, mama? When is your next ultrasound? I’m hoping you get to see a heartbeat soon! 💗

22. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@karenbme: thanks for checking in! Sorry I haven't been posting but vacation has been exhausting. I've been following along though. Congrats on your great ultrasound! I'm sure you'll get to see the heartbeat next week.
    I'm hanging in there. I don't really have any nausea except a tiny bit right after eating. But food in general just seems gross. I had to leave breakfast early this morning because everyone's food was grossing me out. Otherwise things seem pretty standard, symptoms-wise: sore boobs, fatigue, and bloating. The bloating is the worst. After walking around all day and eating, I look like 6 months pregnant. My next ultrasound is Wednesday next week.

23. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Chuckles: No worries, just making sure everything's going well. Sorry to hear you're beat and bloated and sick, but also kind of happy because symptoms mean things are probably moving along in there. I'm excited to hear how your ultrasound goes, and will let you get back to your family time.

24. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@karenbme: I appreciate the check in also, my dad has a gross habit of chewing with his mouth open and talking with food in his mouth. Which is it's own issue (as in, this is a basic adult life skill - does he do it at business dinners?), but it's especially gross when food is already grossing me out. I'm glad to be in warmer weather, but I'm super ready for vacation to be over.

25. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Chuckles: Oooh, that’s rough. 😕 Safe travels home. 😃

26. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

How is everyone feeling? Any new symptoms? Dr appointments? I'm counting down the days until my ultrasound on Wednesday. I have no sense of whether this pregnancy is going well or not, symptoms and intuition-wise.

27. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Chuckles: I’m feeling about the same as you. No idea how it’s going, but wondering daily if I should be asking for more tests, etc. (even though I know my doctor would tell me if I needed something). I had one day of terrible nausea, but other than that it’s been manageable. I’ve also been dreaming a lot, mostly about food, which is different than prior pregnancies when I had crazy nightmares, so hopefully a good sign. Fingers crossed that we both see appropriate growth on our ultrasounds this week. I know mine will be a little early, but I feel like seeing a heartbeat would help my anxiety so much.

28. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Chuckles: Thanks for checking in on the board! I'm feeling not pregnant, except for the breast tenderness. Eleven days until my ultrasound.

Best of luck to you and @karenbme: on your ultrasounds this week! DH and I are going to a B&B for 2 nights this weekend, DD is going to hang with the grandparents. It will be some nice R&R for us. So I'm trying to look forward to that so the time passes quickly.

29. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Chuckles: thanks for checking in!

i have been feeling a bit more pregnant in that i've been getting nauseous when i am feeling hungry, consistent with how i've reacted my last two pregnancies. but, i've also had some spotting, which i don't remember ever having before. it has mostly been suuuuper light pink or slightly brownish, but had two spots today that were closer to bright red. so, trying to stay chill but not sure what to make of that. next appointment and ultrasound are on friday so i guess we'll see what happens between now and then.

@SweetCaroline: i must say that a b&b away sounds VERRRRY nice! hope you have a great and relaxing time!

@karenbme: dreams are definitely a big part of my symptoms too. not sure mine qualify as nightmares, but they're weird. i had a dream the other night that my mom stole DD and baptized her without my permission. lol--what? my mom is like not remotely overbearing about childcare and also i think i care more about having my kids baptized than she (or anyone else) does. but i was FURIOUS in the dream and when i woke up haha. food definitely sounds better than nightmares!

30. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@Chuckles: I feel the same as you. I’m feeling slightly nauseous, but at this point in my other two pregnancies I had terrible nausea and exhaustion. I also don’t have any food aversions yet. It would be wonderful if this lasted, although it’s a little nerve wracking too! Good luck on Wednesday!

31. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@nwm: Are dreams a pregnancy thing? I totally had a weird dream the other night that all my hair was falling out, and it freaked me out.

32. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@LemonJack: oh yeah, it for sure has been an early pregnancy symptom for me.

33. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@nwm: @LemonJack: Dreams have definitely been a pregnancy thing for me. With each of my prior pregnancies they’ve been stress dreams if not full nightmares (ex. I’m trying to patch holes in our roof in a storm so the house doesn’t fill up with water and drown us all, DH and I are in a plane crash and I have to feel around in the dark to find him). But this time my dreams have been just as visceral but way more mellow, like last night I dreamt about eating pizza on the beach. I’m not sure what dreams about meddling parents mean, though. 😂

@SweetCaroline: Thanks! I had the same thought as you! DH and I are on a little getaway this weekend. It hasn’t taken my mind off anything, but at least I can nap. 🤷‍♀️ Fingers crossed your time away relieves some stress for you.

@nwm: With respect to spotting, I had some at about 4 weeks and found this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828396/#!po=1.06383 that found no significant difference in outcomes for women with spotting or light bleeding compared to women with no bleeding. I don’t remember if it looked at color, but as long as it stays light try not to worry. Which I know is easier said than done.

34. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@nwm: Good to know about the dreams. I don’t remember having many with my other pregnancies.

Also, just wanted to add that I had some spotting with my second pregnancy, and everything was fine. I now have a healthy (almost) two year old.

35. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@LemonJack: @karenbme: thank you both! this does make me feel (somewhat) better.

also, i was talking to DH this weekend and he told me that he only wanted to be team green before because he felt like we were going to get obnoxious reactions from people when we shared gender (are you disappointed? are you going to try for another? etc etc.). now that we have one of each he said he really doesn't mind finding out early because it helps with bonding and planning, etc. so i'm excited about that--i think we'll definitely plan to find out at NIPT (assuming we get that far).

36. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@Chuckles: I feel...not pregnant? I mean I'm EXHAUSTED (I mean, I'm always tired...but way more than usual ) and I get waves of nausea, but by this point with my other pregnancies I was soooo sick. I'm not complaining, I just hope it's not a bad sign. And dreams are totally a pregnancy thing for me too! I think it's a combination of all the progesterone and the light sleeping? I always have crazy dreams...but pregnancy makes them super extra.

@LemonJack: Same!! Maybe our bodies are finally used to all of these hormones?

@nwm: I don't know how you could ever be Team Green. I'm waaaaay too impatient, so props to you!

Have you guys told anyone yet? I've only told one friend (who I was close with in college) and that's only because she told me ASAP with her last pregnancy so I feel like I owed her All of my in laws were here over the weekend for DS1's birthday and, while it would have been fun to tell them in person...they have proven in the past that they can't keep a secret to save their lives. We will probably tell my fam soon (they are local, can keep secrets, and we need my mom to help with childcare during our US appointment anyways!)

37. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: I told my dad, which meant my step mom too, my little sister, and my bff right away. My step mom’s pretty terrible at secrets, but my dad is so excited to be a grandpa and has said he prefers to know early even if it is another loss. DH also told his parents, but that’s all. We’ll tell the rest of the siblings/family/friends if we get to 12 weeks.

I’m going on a work retreat next weekend, though, and I’m sure it’s going to come out then. I’ve tried pretending to drink in the past, but I’m terrible at it and it’ll be a small enough group that people will probably notice. I’m not totally against people guessing, I’m just hoping people are relaxed enough to not push me on why I’m not having beers with them.

@nwm: That’s great that you’re on the same page. I’m totally only team green because of other people, too, like your DH, I feel like there are just so many dumb comments you can avoid. Especially if you don’t already have one of each.

38. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: @nwm: Oh my gosh, the comments we got when we were pregnant with DS3 were soooo rude. Like. Yes it is another boy. Yes we are still excited. Even now when people see me out and about with 3 boys...DO YOU ACTUALLY HEAR WHAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH? And my kids can hear you, thanks. I usually just politely smile but I think I need to come up with something witty to fire back at people. *eyeroll*

39. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: That’s crazy, people actually asked if you were still excited??? So rude. My dad started asking before we even knew it was in my uterus if we wanted a boy or a girl. With our history I just want a baby, who cares about the rest of it. I’ve always kind of pictured a girl because there are only girls for 3 generations on my mom’s side, but I’m definitely not going to say that because I would be just as happy with a boy.

Is anyone else having random pelvic pains? I keep getting like pinching pains that come and go throughout the day. Not really cramps, more point specific twinges. Not terribly painful but definitely there. I’m sure it’s normal I’m just paranoid.

40. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: Yes...asked if we were still excited, would ask "is this one a girl?!" and then "awwww. dang." when I told them it was a boy, one woman literally "offered her sympathies" when she heard it was a boy. WTF?! People are rude.

Sounds normal to me. I get all sorts of weird cramping/twinges! There's a lot happening in there! haha

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee