Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I like that word, destroy. It's pretty much spot on with how I am eating. As for mat leave, I got the verbal ok to take 10 weeks unpaid and two weeks of vacation!

Your u/s is so sweet. I can't wait for mine!

2. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: Let me tell you... having it transvaginal is.............. interesting. My husband was like WUT? It wasn't really bad except I was very concious of it and was VERY uncomfortable when she went to look at my left ovary.

3. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

So. I just got home from the dentist. I'm being referred to someone for a possible root canal. My dentist was like, "first trimester this is fine, second it is not." Everytime I alsmot stop crying, I think about it again and start crying some more. Not what I was wanting.

4. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Jennimac: oh my. Well at least they found it sooner rather than later. I really need to get to the dentist ASAP.

5. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@T.H.O.U.: yes. That's what I keep thinking. I'm already on antibiotics.

6. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@Lozza: I'll have to look into that. I'm going to have to find a store to go into though because I have no idea what size I am.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jennimac: I'm so sorry! It's good that they caught it now though.

8. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Woo, congrats!!! Just saw you are expecting #2, so exciting

9. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@KJfromNJ: Yay! Glad the ultrasound went well.

10. T.H.O.U.

@AprilK: thanks. I am heading to the dr tomorrow. It was my annual apt that was already scheduled so I'm going to keep it.

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I really thought I'd be one of those people who enjoyed pregnancy... let me tell you today I woke up so miserable... sleep wasn't helping, waking up was horrid, and I feel just the worst. Guess I'm not one of the lucky ones! 2nd Tri, where are you?

12. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@Jennimac: I'm so sorry to hear about the possible root canal! At least you can find some peace of mind knowing that it was found in time for the procedure to be done during the first trimester.

@KJfromNJ: Sorry you're not feeling well today! I know it must be difficult with feeling so miserable, but try to stay positive and know that the symptoms you are having are all good signs that the pregnancy is progressing as it should be. Hoping you start to feel better as the day goes on today!

13. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@BunInOven: LOL you are so right! The first few weeks where I felt 'off" i was actually thrilled. Just the last four days... I need to find my groove or I will not be a very good employee!!!!

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Hi everyone! Such sweet us pics!

I don't really have any news really - no more spotting, but hcg on Friday was 21000 and ok Sunday was 33000 which is just under 60% and gives me a doubling time of around 75 hours. I know that sometimes this can be normal, but everyone I talk to calls it "borderline". I'm going for another one this morning.

I'm trying to keep positive, but the uncertainty is killing me. At this point I've kind of accepted that this may not be our baby, but I just wish I knew for sure do I can move on if I need to... The ongoing morning sickness definitely isn't helping keep me rationale lol

Sorry for the downer post :s

15. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@fuzzypeaches: once your levels are that high, it can take 72-96 hours to double so I think you are good!

16. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I still think this is your baby. I'm praying for you and I hope that you find peace!

This morning, I had the worst burning sensation after laying on my stomach! Ugh. The area right around my uterus felt like I pulled a muscle. And my dog kicked me in the back non-stop during a thunderstorm, so I definitely didn't sleep well. Sigh.

17. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @evansjamie: @BunInOven: thanks! I finally calmed down last night. If it needs to be done, then I need to have it done. Simple as that.

Afm, I ate some toast this morning and felt fine. 1 hour later I'm starving. I'm currently enjoying a milkshake from chick fil a before I go to consult. I didn't bring my toothbrush, so eating food was out. however, this is the best dang milkshake I've had in a long time.

. @fuzzypeaches: hang in there!!!! I've heard that when you reach a certain level, hcg doesn't double in 72 hours or so. I think you are good!

18. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Try to stay positive and not give up hope. Keeping you in my prayers today.

@Jennimac: So glad to hear you're feeling better!

19. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Well, I had to have every canal and they went ahead and did it today. I'm still numb, but I can tell I already feel better so I'm glad they went ahead and did it and I'm glad it's over with. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I think all my problems that I've been feeling lately have been stemming from this tooth that is gone bad.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jennimac: Good to hear!

21. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

I'm 7 weeks today and not having any symptoms. I had been quite nauseous for a week straight but yesterday and today it's completely gone. I've read that it's normal for symptoms to come and go but it feels so odd to be so sick for a week and then suddenly feel fine. Did this happen to any of you ladies at 7 weeks? I've been worrying so much today that now I'm actually feeling really down.

22. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@BunInOven: I felt like I was going to throw up on Saturday and Sunday if in wasn't eating every two hours. These past two days, I haven't felt like that totally. I think it's normal for your symptoms to vary somewhat day by day.

23. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Jennimac: Glad the root canal went well!

@fuzzypeaches: Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Let us know how your appointment went.

@BunInOven: My symptoms were also much better yesterday and today and it has me a bit worried. Im trying to just relax and enjoy though as this might just be a short break before they come back full force!

24. Mrs. Tiger

blogger / pomegranate / 3044 posts

Hi everyone... Glad you are all doing well and hope the nausea doesn't last!

I think I am about 6 weeks (cant wait for the u/s to pin down the date) with still no symptoms at all besides maybe some bloating.. Which has me freaked out, but of course in 3 days when I get morning sickness I'll wish i never said anything

25. T.H.O.U.

@Jennimac: glad it went well for you. @beaker: hope you can continue feeling great. I never got MS with my first.

26. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Jennimac: So happy the root canal went well! I had one last year and was so anxious about it!

@BunInOven: I think that's totally normal! My cousin went to her GP like - 10 x because the symptoms would come and go and now has a health baby to show for it. But I'm starting to think that anxiety is it's own pregnancy symptom, because we are at the mercy of whatever is going on in there.

@KJfromNJ: Sorry you are not well today Baby is making himself at home already!

@Mrs. Monkey: @Jennimac: @BunInOven: @evansjamie: @runnerd: Thanks for the support ladies! I really appreciate it.

My third HCG came back again at around 58% increase (52, 500). It's not the most reassuring, but it's not NOT reassuring either lol. I moved my ultrasound up to Tuesday March 5th (earliest possible I could find - I love Canada, but this is the part I have a problem with). I guess I will just have to patient until then and stay as positive as possible.

On the wierd side, I have had a lot of people guess that I'm pregnant already (called in sick, no 10 cups of coffee, no drinking, sitting down instead of running around like a maniac). It's a bit awkward because I'm definitely not ready to be public about it. Have you guys had people guess already??

27. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Hello to everyone again... Just came from my first prenatal today. And everything looks great! My doctor seemed truly happy to see me again (hasn't seen me since my D&C last August). We chatted, he did an ultrasound, we set up my next appointments. I am so grateful to have a wonderful doctor that really tries to calm my fears and worries.

On the symptom front, I have so many this time it's a bit ridiculous. Breast tenderness (especially at night), gas/bloating, all day nausea (only abates while eating), and nasty migraines (I even lost vision for 30 minutes yesterday). All are within the normal limits. Just wish I could get rid of the all day nausea soon...

Been reading the boards. So excited to share this experience with so many other mommas out there!

28. Mrs. Tiger

blogger / pomegranate / 3044 posts

@T.H.O.U. I had MS from 6 - 20ish weeks the first time! I would be happy if I skipped it this time too

@fuzzypeaches the cleaning lady at my job already knows because she straight up asked me! I didn't have the heart to lie right to her face (she's a sweetheart and loves babies, and knew I wanted to have another one) but thankfully no one else was around, and she said she'd keep it quiet.

We've otherwise told our parents and one or two friends - people who we'd tell if we MC anyway.. my DH is ready to tell everybody after the u/s but I'm thinking to wait a few weeks after that to be sure.

Have a good Wednesday everybody!

29. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@beaker: TWENTY WEEKS with MS??? Oh my gosh. I am praying mine subsides earlier, I couldn't handle that!

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'm glad to see someone else without M/S. I feel like a freak because I've had two days of nausea and that's it.

31. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

8 weeks today and last night was pretty uncomfortable starting around 6ish i started having sharp pains from hip bone to hip bone under my navel it felt more in my ab muscles than my uterus but i def stopped me in my tracks a couple of times. it esp hurt to bend at the waist.

32. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@evansjamie: me too! Just a few days of uneasy stomach feeling and that's it for anything m/s like for me.

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: I've had some pain like that too (I'm 8 weeks as well). I especially got a burning feeling the other day from laying on my stomach too long. It really feels like my muscles are stretching.

34. Mrs R.

pea / 13 posts

@KJfromNJ: I'm just now trying to catch up on the latest posts and plan to post an update, but WOW! I had the same experience yesterday... definitely interesting and uncomfortable! Will be looking forward to the belly u/s!

35. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@Jennimac: Glad everything went well!

@fuzzypeaches: I'm crossing my fingers for you! That must be a long week to wait for your U/S.

No one has guessed yet, but with my doctor's appointments, I feel like it is going to be become pretty obvious!

36. Mrs R.

pea / 13 posts

I've been really busy with work and just now able to catch up! It looks like a lot of people are going through similar things so I will just post my update as well..

My symptoms come and go, but barely there. Just the past week I've started in with all day nausea, but it's more like a nagging feeling rather than a run to the bathroom situation. I do gag a lot, but I have not gotten sick yet, so that's a plus! I def. feel really really sick if I don't eat often.... but I find that nothing sounds good then I scarf something down trying to feel better and make myself feel worse... it's a vicious cycle! I'm hating food/eating right now!

I had my first OB appt yesterday... thought I was at 7w2d. My doctor doesn't give an U/S that early, but made an exception for me!! I was so happy to see that little heartbeat! (134-- which they said is good?). According to the u/s I was actually 6w6d.. so that changes my due date to October 10th, I think? I follow up on next appt. March 22nd. The doctor politely laughed off most of my concerns and made my feel a lot better about the anxiety I was feeling! I will post the pic. later!

Another plus-- I was expecting a $200 bill at the end of my appointment, turns out my insurance pays 100% of all clinic visits. What a relief!

Bought my husband the book "My Boys can Swim" -- he started reading right away. Not really that informative but it's funny so he's good with it.

We have only told our 3 closest friends and waiting to tell any family until 12 weeks, just to be sure. It is really hard for me to hid at work... we have a lot of formal events this time of year and I've been known to partake in heavy wine drinking, so hiding that has not been easy. I'm just worried about the M/S progressing and getting sick at work and having to explain that. It's not easy for me to call in, since I work for a very small marketing department that has a big role to fill... we are always busy! Unfortunately, I did not sign up for short term disability when I started my job and I missed the last open enrollment, so the husband and I have decided I will save my PTO the rest of the year, have about 2 weeks paid leave, then will have to take the rest unpaid. I'm hoping to only take about 2-3 unpaid and to work something out that allows me to do some work from home/part time in the office for a few more weeks. It will just be hard because we will have a HUGE project and our biggest fundraiser at the same time that I will be on leave...

sorry for the long post

37. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

Ahhhh! I am so relieved and happy. I went for my ultrasound yesterday and there was still a heartbeat (: They said my risk of MC at this point is only about 3%.

I am officially due 10/1 (Just barely stayed on this board), which made me 9 weeks yesterday. I attached the picture below. The baby grew so much over the past week and a half! I have the next ultrasound on 3/13. We will do a big scan of the baby and hear fetal heart tones.

38. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

Updating with my new appt!

DUE DATES

10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat
    10/17: JenniMac
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    10/28: ladybee

UPCOMING APPTS

3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11-Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/13: KaitlynB - 12 week ultrasound
    3/14 - ladybee - 7 week ultrasound

39. Mrs R.

pea / 13 posts

@KaitlynB: I think I fell off...

Due date: 10/10 (saw heartbeat on 2/26)
    Next Appt: March 22 (12 wk appt)

40. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

Updated with my next appt and @Mrs R.'s D/D & appt!

DUE DATES
    10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/10: Mrs R. - saw heartbeat!
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat - saw heartbeat!
    10/17: JenniMac
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    10/28: ladybee
    UPCOMING APPTS
    3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11-Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (8-10 wk initial appt)
    3/13: KaitlynB (12 week ultrasound)
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound)
    3/22 - Mrs R. (12 week appt)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee