Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@mrs. mochi: Welcome!

Your mention of your LO's heart rate made me wonder what is typical / good. Ours was 116 at 6w. Is that normal?

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, I did a bad thing and googled it. I feel like our baby's heart rate was low now, and I'm worried... Will we be able to hear it again at our 9w appointment?

2. Mrs R.

pea / 13 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I've also been wondering what's normal and have had trouble finding an answer. My appt was at 7w2d, baby measured at 6w6d with a heartbeat at 134. I'm just hoping the doctor would have mentioned any worries or wanted a follow up sooner than 12 weeks if there was a possible issue.

But, Would like to Know the results of others...

3. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: @Mrs R.: I think it's only troubling when it's under 100. I think 106-150 is normal? Something like that. My BFF is 2 weeks ahead and hers was 98 at her 7-ish week appt. They weren't super concerned but thought it was a little low, she requested to come back and get it checked out which they were fine with, and it was 150 when she went back a week and a half later. Both of yours should be absolutely fine.

4. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

WEIRDEST NIGHT EVER last night, fellow Oct moms! My husband's coworker had a party for his wife's birthday. Generally love them and he's a chef, so lots of drinking among them. Well creepy neighbor of theirs came over and a girl I didn't know, and I guess they are both big potheads. Anyway DH told everyone I'm KU (thanks) although it was nice to be "out." So we're standing in the kitchen and the sketchy girl REAPPEARS after being MIA for a while and is HOLDING A BLUNT and just walking to the fridge to get a beer while smoking pot IN THEIR HOUSE. Now I'm not a fan to begin with of ANY kind of smoking and the smell is horrible, x1000 from being preg, so I covered my nose. Plus I don't want to be breathing ANY smoke in. Anyway she was SO BEYOND WASTED and went real close up to me (holding it away from me but she STUNK of pot) telling me how she "did the research" and smoking pot is fine when you're pregnant and she goes, "I'm not gunna lie, I smoked pot once a month when I was pregnant. And my daughter is ADVANCED." I was like holy crap. I was like "it's fine I just hate the smell and everything smells stronger because I'm pregnant." She kept talking and I was just trying to get her to GO AWAY! I didn't see her after that so I think the hosts must have kicked her out. INSANE.

Seriously WHO SMOKES POT WHEN PREGNANT?!?!?!?

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@KJfromNJ: That would have made me so mad! I don't like smoking of any kind really and the way she responded to you about being pregnant was so weird!

6. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

I feel very overwhelmed/emotional today. I'm very crampy (which I knows means nothing) but to be honest, it's getting a little old and I'm only 5w6d.

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: yeah I was going to tell the host but I think someone else did. Everyone was really mad who was in the kitchen. I just kept nodding and being like "it's fine" so she could go away and I could breathe again! Sometimes people as parents make me SO SAD for the kids!

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: my cramping has mostly gone away (I'm 8 w tomorrow) but it lasted probably up to 7 weeks? At first I was like "WHAT'S WRONG" but then it got old for sure!!!!

9. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@KJfromNJ: I hope mine goes away like yours did.

10. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@ladybee: I'm 7 wks today and I'm still crampy. I also noticed things pull more if I move quickly.

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Jennimac: I notice the same thing when moving quickly!

12. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Jennimac: I noticed this too. Sometimes I also feel a strong pulling when I sneeze or cough unexpectedly.

13. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Made lasagna for dinner. Thought it sounded good but then the smell made me nauseous.

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: I had THE BEST fruit cup for dinner (or pre-dinner, since I'm waiting on a baked potato).

@KJfromNJ: That is so horrible! Some people...that was very rude.

We took our reveal pictures today! I can't wait to post them next week, but I'm attaching it now. It's an iPhone pic because I left the good camera at work.

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: SOOOO CUTEEEE! How far along will you be when you post next week? I am waiting til 12 weeks and it's KILLING ME. I love the picture, what a cute way to tell people!

16. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I will be 10 weeks on Friday, but when my appointment rolls around, I'll be closer to 11 weeks. I'm probably going to wait a day or two after my appointment though.

17. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@evansjamie: love your photo! I'm nervous I'm not eating enough or healthy enough.

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: I've tried to make sure I get one really healthy meal, like a big salad, to make up for the absolute crap I've been craving. I was so happy to be craving fruit for once!

19. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

I have great news!!! I threw up twice today!!! I didn't know I could be so excited to be sick!

@evansjamie: That is such a great photo! What a fun way to tell everyone!

20. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@evansjamie: Great picture! What a cute idea.

@BunInOven: Yay for puking!

21. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@BunInOven: yay!! I understand your excitement. I didn't feel many symptoms yesterday and was nervous then the smell of dinner sent me over the edge. It's very reassuring to feel like crap!!

22. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Woohoo 8 weeks today! I love when I hit a new week!

23. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@KJfromNJ: me too! I'm 6 weeks today

24. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Just wanted to share that Gap and Old Navy have an additional 30% off (including maternity) right now online. There is a lot there but a lot is long sleeved.

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Ooh, thanks for the tip!

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thank you for this! I got a ton of stuff, the free return shipping makes it completely worth it.

27. T.H.O.U.

@jetsa: Yes, most of it is return by mail only but still free!

I spent about $50 and got 3 shirts, a dress, a skirt and a pair of pants.

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Yes exactly. I spent $160 and got 1 workout top, 4 pairs of workout/comfy shorts, 2 pairs of capris, 4 pairs of leggings, 5 dress shirts and 5 tank tops. This is my first pregnancy and I'm due at the end of September but if all of it fits, I don't think I should need much else.

29. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

Re: eating healthy, my OB basically said that the baby is going to take what it needs from you regardless of what you're eating, and that during the first trimester if all you can stomach is McDonalds hashbrowns and lemonade, then so be it, and just keep trying to take your prenatals.
    (Also, I've found that lemonade has been appealing and good for nausea, and my OB said that studies have actually shown that sour tastes are good for nausea!)

For those on Zofran, yeah, insurance companies are apparently weird about it and place a lot of limits on how many pills you can have. I take 8 mg every 8 hours (so 3 pills a day, except that sometimes I replace the nighttime one with Phenergan, which makes you drowsy), and by the time I'm an hour or two out from my next dose, I can't function because of the nausea. For a while I was trying to spread the dosings a little more, but honestly I can't sleep if it's been too long since taking something, and I can't function at work during the day if I'm not taking something, so I'm just on Zofran pretty much all the time. Oh well.

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Lozza: On the days I'm nauseated, lemonade sounds so good, but I generally don't have it. I work in a part of town where there are few restaurants, and the ones we have definitely don't serve lemonade.

31. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@Lozza: @evansjamie: Lemonade has sounded really good to me too! I bought some lemon drop candies and those seem to help quite a bit with the nausea.

32. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KJfromNJ: @ladybee: Yay! 8 weeks tomorrow - I can't believe it!

I had my first dream about the baby last night. Of course, it was an anxiety dream. I dreamed the baby was born and that I was only breastfeeding like 3 times a day. My mom kept saying, "You need to feed them more often!" but the baby didn't cry or seem hungry but a few times a day. Weird!

33. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Today I felt queasy all day long. I drank two sprites and I'm not a sprite drinker.

Downer moment of the day. DH may have to work next Monday when we have our appointment. he will know for sure in the next couple of days. My mom is going to come down if he can't come, but I'm sad. Last time he couldn't come I went by myself and it was the worst day of our lives. Trying not to worry.

34. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

Due Date: October 20
    Months It Took to Conceive: 1 ... "oops"
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: Not sure
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: just a weird intuition that told me I should probably POAS
    Child Number: 2
    What You're Most Excited For: not worrying about when to TTC No. 2 -- that ship has sailed!
    What You're Most Scared About: Chasing a toddler while pregnant, limiting weight gain

I'm going to quietly join this thread ... there are still a few people we need to tell IRL, but I doubt they're stalking me here! I had my first appointment today. I had a u/s, which I didn't expect this early, and heard a strong heartbeat.

I've been feeling a little sick on and off, especially when I'm hungry. And I nearly passed out after the blood draw today -- that was a horrible feeling. Anyway, this is all quite novel because I wasn't sick at all with my son.

This wasn't planned *at all* (and I had only recently begun to think about No. 2 sometime down the line) so I'm only now really getting over the shock.

35. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: welcome!!!!

36. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: yay! Very happy for you - and what a happy shock to have! Glad to have you on the board

37. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks for the tip! I got two pairs of pants and 4 tops from old navy and gap for less than $80.

@Mrs. Yoyo: Welcome! It's so unexpected and exciting to have a bee on our board

AFM, 6w1d and I feel like this is taking forever. The sore boobs have gone away and my upset tummy comes and goes but it's not as frequent. And I'm staying up past 8 which is nice. I'm still really worried that something is wrong and I won't know it till my u/s on the 14th but I'm trying to keep the negative thoughts out of my head

38. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Anyone ever want to wear a sign or put a FB status that says, "I know it looks like I'm packing on weight but I swear I'm pregnant and it's just too early to say anything!" I am getting a tummy and it looks like pure fat (which it probably is since I'm living off eggo waffles) and I know people at work are noticing that I'm getting heavier.

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Welcome!

@ladybee: I've been feeling better as well, but I still get tired easily. The only constant symptom has been sore boobs. I am sure that things are fine. *hugs*

40. T.H.O.U.

@Mrs. Yoyo: Congrats!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee