Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@KaitlynB: I'm counting down the days... I just want confirmation that everything is as it should be. I was really surprised with my appt on monday that they didnt do an ultrasound. Other than her feeling around down there and saying "yup everything seems about the right size for 8 1/2 weeks" its something but its not super reassuring.

2. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

I'm with all of you that are hoping to hear heartbeats at your appointment. We actually already saw it at 6 weeks but I know so much can happen in the first trimester... I'm hoping they can get it with a doppler at our 9 week appointment. I actually might call and ask what they typically do.

@Chacha: I'm so sorry.

@littleveesmommy: Welcome! Love all the other surprise mamas here!

@Chillybear: Childcare is one of the biggest things on my mind. I feel like 8 weeks is too soon to get on a wait list but we probably need to! I think my mom may help 1 or 2 days a week, but unless something drastic changes with our job situation, we will be in need of a daycare. It makes me sad, to be honest... that was not really the plan, but this was a big surprise (despite raging baby fever). Do you mind sharing how much yours costs?

3. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Like i said they're affiliated with a hospital so hospital employees get a discount but i'm not an employee. Were looking at $157/week for 3 days and $207/week for 4 days and $247/week for 5 days. They run 6:30am-6pm and start 6wks-5 yrs. non newborns are provided with breakfast, morning snack, and afternoon snack. we provide lunch and breast milk/formula. They take the same holidays as my office which is not many (New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, christmas day) and very rarely have snow days since hospital employees dont get snow days. We would have to pay for sick days and get 1 "week" vacation a year. billing i think is biweekly

4. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: i'm just outside a city, in the Pa suburbs of philadelphia if that gives you any idea of demographic.

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: I probably should get on the whole daycare thing. I'll start to worry about it after my appointment next week.

6. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@evansjamie: i would have delayed looking into it too, had my SIL not urged me to go with her to pick up her baby yesterday and check it out. esp knowing that she was on a wait list for 8 months.... luckily they were able to get coverage for 3 months between maternity leave and getting into daycare.

7. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@Chillybear: Thanks! The one daycare I have really liked just based on their website seems pretty expensive - $270/week for full-time, although I hope we will not be going full-time. Other ones I have found are more affordable, but this was the first that made a good impression to me online. I'm not sure what their hours are, but they do provide meals including lunch... but of course, that doesn't matter much for infants.

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

The thought of daycare is stressing me out! I work from home so I am thinking of trying to hire a nanny. It would be 15-20 hours a week because my husband works PM's and won't be leaving the house until around 1pm. I'm nervous about figuring out where to find someone!

9. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KJfromNJ: Finding a great nanny is definitely harder than daycare, but I would love to be in your position! Working from home with a nanny would be ideal (or heck, just being a SAHM!), but not in the cards for us.

Having said that, I've heard great things about care.com!

10. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

Ok, everything should be up to date!!!:

DUE DATES

10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/8: MRSTIZ
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/9: Mrs. Mochi - saw heartbeat!
    10/10: Mrs R. - saw heartbeat!
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat - saw heartbeat!
    10/17: JenniMac
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/20: MRS. YOYO
    10/20: LITTLEVEESMOMMY
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    10/28: ladybee

UPCOMING APPTS

3/6 - Mrs. Mochi (first OB appointment and ultrasound)
    3/8 - LITTLEVEESMOMMY (ultrasound??!)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11 - Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (8-10 wk initial appt)
    3/13 - KaitlynB (12 week ultrasound)
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound)
    3/22 - Mrs R. (12 week appt)
    3/22 - BUNINOVEN (ultrasound)
    3/26 - Chillybear (ultrasound)
    4/2- KJfromNJ (12 week appt/ultrasound- ON BIRTHDAY!)

IN OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS:

chacha

11. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: talk to princessbaby. They hired a nanny and she had some great interview questions, etc. that others helped her put together.

We are looking at a lady who watches kids until the baby is old enough to go to preschool. She charges 150/week plus he kids go to my school.

12. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Also, DH will be working on Monday. but, my mom will be coming down to go to the appointment with me!!! That will be fun!

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jennimac: I hate that your DH has to work, but I'm so glad your mom will be able to go with you!

14. mrs. mochi

cherry / 175 posts

Hello, all!

I just had my first OFFICIAL OB appointment today. I had a pelvic exam and pap done. My OB busted out the portable ultrasound machine and we got to look at the little again today. I'm exactly 9 weeks today, but the little is measuring at 8w5d with a FHR of 167. We also go to hear the tiny heartbeat

Doctor is still holding to the 10/9 due date, but said at our next follow up appt (4/23) that she may adjust after doing another ultrasound.

More updates

DUE DATES
    10/9: Mrs. Mochi - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    UPCOMING APPTS
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound)
    4/3 - Mrs. Mochi (Nuchal screening - blood/ultrasound)
    4/23 - Mrs. Mochi (15/16 week follow-up appt - ultrasound)

chacha

15. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@evansjamie: thanks! Me too. Happy thought is that he will be in later that month.

@mrs. mochi: awesome!!!

16. Mrs. Tiger

blogger / pomegranate / 3044 posts

Updating with mine.. pretty sure ill be 8 weeks at my ultrasound appt next week, since I started feeling nauseous last week at 6 wks, just like my last pregnancy

Those of you who have kids already, have you told them? I told my 18 month old that there's a baby in my tummy and he's going to be a big brother, and then he asked me to put his toy penguin in my tummy too, so he has no clue

DUE DATES
    10/22: Beaker
    UPCOMING APPTS
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound) beaker (8 week ultrasound)

chacha

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

So, this pregnancy may or may not be out at work now (not just to my bosses), and I'm kind of peeved about it. We had a work event last night for a book release, and the bourbon was flowing pretty heavily. I made a comment about having to take a break from the smell in the other room (seriously, you could smell bourbon as soon as you walked in the door), and a coworker asked me if I was pregnant in a huge group of people I work with, and I didn't know what to say, other than blushing horribly.

I'm just not ready to be 'out' yet. I wasn't planning on saying anything until I heard/saw the heartbeat since my appointment is so late in the first trimester. Seriously, what gives? I've never, ever asked someone that, because I don't want to be asked that question. I wish I'd just said something like, "Nope, just fat," but I have a terrible history about wearing my emotions right on my face.

18. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@beaker: We've said stuff around LO (23 months) but it totally flies over his head. We'll tell him the ultrasound photo on the fridge is "New Baby," or ask him what he wants to name "New Baby" (answer: Winnie the Pooh), but we don't think he actually has any clue.
    I'm 8 weeks, and I imagine in another month or two we'll start actually sitting him down and talking to him about it because that will probably coincide with me not being able to carry him as much (dude is a big kid). Eventually we'll pick up some books on the subject for him, and I think that will help.
    Plus his best friend at school's mom is due two months before me, so once that baby comes that should help!

19. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@beaker: My 18 month old has no clue right now either and i'm not pushing the issue (mostly because I don't want her to go to school and say "mommy has a baby in her belly".

@Lozza: We are also working on lots of "big girl" stuff already. I am trying to encourage her to hold my hand and show me instead of me picking her up.

20. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Yeah, my LO doesn't generally want to be held when we're out and about, it's just first thing in the morning and right at bedtime, so it's not too bad, but it also ain't gonna work when I'm carrying another 20 lbs of baby weight in the front!

We're also trying to be pretty strict about not giving in when my LO wants me instead of my DH. DH spends a ton of time with him, but there are times when LO wants Mommy to help him brush his teeth, or wash his hands, or get him up in the morning, and we're telling him more and more that Daddy is here right now to help him, so he's going to have to work with Daddy.

21. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!

So for those of you with food aversions/nausea, how are you coping? I'm definitely feeling a little green throughout the day, and I know it's worse when I'm hungry. But then I go to eat and I swear I look in the fridge and NOTHING sounds good. Mostly carbs are the only things that appeal to me, but I know that's bad for weight gain.

22. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: I'm having a major issue with fish/seafood which is hard with lent going on. (i know i dont have to participate, but my hubs is converting to catholic and is trying so i feel like i should encourage him) I also can no longer stomach oatmeal or bananas which were my go to breakfast.

23. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: would some citrus help? I've been feeling a little blah and some grapefruit or orange seems to help. The tartness makes the nausea go away a bit.

Is anyone else getting back/side aches?

I've got my first appt tomorrow and am a ball of nerves right now. =(

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Updating! I went to the ICC for a suspected UTI and was sent to the ER by the horrible doctor to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Long story short, Baby is fine, in the right spot, and we saw the heartbeat! I also do not have a UTI.

DUE DATES
    10/4: Evansjamie - saw heartbeat!
    10/22: Beaker

UPCOMING APPTS
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound) beaker (8 week ultrasound)

chacha

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Lemonade has really helped me. That and eating tons of carbs.

26. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Carbs are also my go to food right now. I've also found fruit salad seems to be good and makes me feel like I'm eating something somewhat healthy as veggies don't seem to sit well. I agree with others that sour or tart things seem to help with nausea.

27. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

I feel like time is moving sooo slow as I wait for my first appointment. Which is weird since I go to bed so stinking early, you'd think that would speed time up!

28. T.H.O.U.

@evansjamie: That is really scary but I'm glad everything is ok and you got to see the HB!

29. T.H.O.U.

@ladybee: I agree, time is slow right now. I am trying to have a good to-do list to keep me busy but mostly I end up eating and staying on HelloBee!

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@T.H.O.U.: It wasn't scary so much as nerve-wracking and anxiety inducing. The ICC doctor wouldn't listen to me or my husband at all. I was having some pressure right before I went to the bathroom, and my urine sample was clean. Then she bashed my midwife because I haven't been seen for ultrasound yet (my practice doesn't see you until 10 weeks unless there's a prior history of miscarriage). And then she turned around and told my husband he has the flu (he has a sinus infection and is being treated). My BP was 104/70 there, and by the time I got to the hospital it was 145/80 from the anxiety and anger I was feeling. I learned from the ER nurses that this particular doctor has a track record of overreacting and sending people for further evaluation. The nurses and doctors in the ER were so much nicer and did a great job of calming me down and reassuring me and they were so nice about doing the ultrasound and explaining everything to me.

31. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@evansjamie: I'm glad to hear everything is ok! That's really nerve wracking indeed and that doctor certainly didn't help with all her unnecessary comments. Good thing for the other nurses and doctors! Rest up for now and take it easy. =)

32. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

My appt is in 4 hours and it is snowing sideways right now in NYC. I have to get me and DD out to the docs - oy! Getting very antsy here. =P

33. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

Well... I don't really know where to start. The doc did an internal u/s and while there was a sac, he couldn't find an embryo or a heartbeat. It could be one of two things - my cycles are still regulating and it could be its too early to see anything or the pregnancy isn't developing properly. My last period was 1/13 but that's only my second period since DD so I'm not sure when I ovulated. He drew blood today to check my progesterone levels. We are going back in 1.5 weeks to do another u/s and blood work to see if levels went up. I know this isn't anything definite yet but so upset right now.

34. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@littleveesmommy: I'm sorry that things are 'still up in the air'. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Ladies, talk me down. So I've been feeling a bit reassured since I've been feeling queasy and my chest is very sore. Panic inducing thought today is that it's only because I'm on progesterone. Anyone else have anything similar experiences? I didn't feel bad when I first started it, but now I'm worrying that that's what I'm feeling and there is something wrong with the baby.

35. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@littleveesmommy: I'm sorry you have been left without answers. I was in a similar position last year and I always thought the waiting and uncertainty were the worst.

36. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@littleveesmommy: I'm sorry to hear your visit didn't go as expected and you have to wait for answers. The best thing you can do is to stay positive and continue taking care of yourself.

@Jennimac: I'm not on progesterone, but I can relate to the feeling of over analyzing WHY I'm having symptoms. I keep comparing this pregnancy to my two previous ones (both of which ended in miscarriage) and keep worrying that the only reason I'm not spotting or cramping is because my body is just not letting go of the pregnancy. I keep worrying the only reason I'm nauseated is because of anxiety or maybe I'm catching a bug that's going around. I'm 8w3d and haven't been to the doctor yet, even for a viability scan, so I don't even know if the baby is in the right place. I'm just a complete mess right now.

37. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@littleveesmommy: Hoping the next week and half go by quickly and you can get some good news at the next appointment.

@ladybee: Agreed. I guess that's the downside to getting a BFP so early. The first trimester seems to be going by sooo slowly!

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@littleveesmommy: I'm so sorry that your visit didn't go as planned. I hope the time goes quickly for you!

Today is my first 5k and second run since my BFP! My dad and I are going to run/walk it. I'm sad about missing my favorite race in a few weeks, but there's no way I'd survive a 10k when I haven't been running for six weeks.

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Baby, grandad, and I finished our 5k in 47:55! It was a beautiful morning, and our time was pretty good for neither of us training.

40. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@evansjamie: I'm glad everything is okay - that doctor would make me really mad!

@littleveesmommy: Sorry to hear that. Praying for good news, and soon!

@Jennimac: I'm analyzing my symptoms too. Totally normal! But I know you had a prior loss and that has to add a whole other layer of panic to it.

@evansjamie: Look at you! Now I feel even more like a fat ass.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee