Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@evansjamie: i've noticed the dizziness too quite unpleasant esp since if i'm getting up in the middle of the night i already cant see with out lenses or glasses on.

2. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@evansjamie @chillybear -- I definitely get dizzy, especially at night. Part of it is also the fact that I can't see without my glasses. I also get dizzy if I get up too fast or move to fast. I asked my Dr. last time (didn't have this symptom last pregnancy) and it's all normal. He just told me to take it easy and came to the ER only if I pass out or lose sight (partially happened two weeks ago for about 15 minutes). I'm surprised at how different my symptoms are this time. I had nausea and fatigue, but this time it's much worse. Just muddling through...

3. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

DUE DATES
    10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4: Evansjamie - saw heartbeat!
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/8: MRSTIZ
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/9: Mrs. Mochi - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/10: Mrs R. - saw heartbeat!
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: TFrances
    10/20: JenniMac-saw heartbeat!
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/20: MRS. YOYO
    10/20: LITTLEVEESMOMMY
    10/22: Beaker
    10/28: ladybee
    UPCOMING APPTS
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (8-10 wk initial appt)
    3/13 - KaitlynB (12 week ultrasound)
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound) beaker (8 week ultrasound)
    3/22 - Mrs R. (12 week appt)
    3/22 - BUNINOVEN (ultrasound)
    3/25 - TFrances (11 wks / ultrasound)
    3/26 - Chillybear (ultrasound)
    4/1-JenniMac (11 weeks/ ultrasound-if good, we will go public)
    4/2- KJfromNJ (12 week appt/ultrasound- ON BIRTHDAY!)
    4/3 - Mrs. Mochi (Nuchal screening - blood/ultrasound)
    4/8 - evansjamie - 14 week appointment
    4/23 - Mrs. Mochi (15/16 week follow-up appt - ultrasound)
    IN OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS:
    chacha

Updating with my info! We had a great first appointment. Tried to find the heartbeat on my own at home ( we just saw it, didn't hear it) with a Doppler I have at home. Couldn't but I'm ok about it. I freaked for a second that I may have hurt the baby by pushing and trying to find it, but then I realied that I'm being irrational. also, changed my due date to reflect how far along I am. Baby was measuring 8 wks and 0 days.

4. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Here is the baby.....

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jennimac: YAY!!!! So glad for good news!

6. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Jennimac: happiest ever! You're now exactly one week behind me! If all is well we will go public the same day-ish! (Would you go public on April fools day? I didn't feel like dealing with that so I am waiting til 4/2 and made our 12 wk appt that day too)

7. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

So happy for all the ladies with good news!

Our next appointment is Wednesday night. I should be between 11-12 weeks. If it all goes well, we will go public on Friday! I am just so scared because we've told some people and obviously our families and I know if I can just get through this appt, so much of the possibility for MC will be gone.

Also, just to let you all know, B6+Unisom is something my doctor prescribed for nausea. I researched it a ton and it seems to be much better than getting on Zofran if you can help it. I haven't tried the combination yet, but I took just the Unisom the past two nights.

Before that I was waking up every half hour and sleeping horribly. I only had to get up to pee 1 time the past two nights and I woke up feeling so refreshed!! Just wanted to share if anyone else is having horrible nausea or sleeping poorly (:

It's just the plain Unisom by the way...DO NOT get the Sleep Gels or Sleep Melts. They aren't approved for pregnancy. Just the plain Sleep Tabs 25mg.

8. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@KJfromNJ: my ten week appointment is April 1st. I was thinking of going public at ten weeks but not in April Fools!

9. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@KaitlynB: thanks for the tip. I will be looking into that!

10. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Jennimac: you're one week ahead of me! I'm so glad your appointment went well. Gives me hope for mine

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: same! It's exactly 12 weeks for me but I couldn't think of a good "April fools joke" that didn't potentially end up in just a lot of confusion and maybe people saying something they don't mean? 4/2 is my birthday AND our NT scan US so I figured that's a good day to "come clean!"

12. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@evansjamie: @KJfromNJ: @ladybee: @KaitlynB: thanks!!!!!

It is a huge relief to see that things are how they are supposed to be. Based off of my lmp I should be 8 wks and 1 d. Baby measured 8 wks 0 d, which is close enough for me!

I think we probably go public on April's Fools Day. People know that we wouldn't joke about that and I think it could be set and funny enough that everyone doesn't lose it completely when we tell them. We will see.

13. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

@Jennimac: So glad to hear your good news! Love that we're due date twins. How are you feeling? Another gross day here ... I ate lots of crackers!

14. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: I'm living on cocoa puffs. : / I was so hungry after our appointment that I got a headache. We went and grabbed food and I inhaled it. If I eat, I feel okay. not so cool for the weight gain, but whatever to keep this baby healthy and here.

Ps. I love that we are due date twins! My baby sis is a little upset. Her bday is October 22 and she is worried about the baby being born on her bday. I secretly think she would love it, but the idea upsets her now. I get it--she has been the youngest for 23 years.

15. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Jennimac: Such good news and what a relief! I cant wait to have my appt in 2 weeks

16. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: I eat a lot of fruit these days, followed by a giant bowl of cereal. I'm glad, because I spent a lot of weeks eating french fries for dinner.

17. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Ugh, I have been eating well but then today happened.....I won't tell you guys how MANY bagels I just ate........

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: No shame! I just had a week where I ate two a day. They had to be piled high with cream cheese, too.

19. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@KJfromNJ: My nickname from my husband is Velociraptor because I eat so much. Probably also why I have already gained a few pounds (sad).

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Last night for dinner, I had strawberries, two muffins, cantaloupe, scrambled eggs, two biscuits, and a large bowl of cereal. It was comical.

On a side note, if you don't drink enough water, do you get a desperate feeling? I drank about 40 oz yesterday at work, and on the way home I started feeling desperately ravenous. The only thing that made me feel better was water. It was a terrible feeling and from now on I'm going to try to keep a full liter of water in the car for the ride home.

21. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

@evansjamie: Wow! I feel ravenous but then never can eat that much at one sitting. And then two hours later I'm hungry and icky feeling again. Vicious cycle

22. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@Jennimac: So happy your appointment went well and you got to see the baby's heart beat!!!

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: The clincher was the bowl of cereal. I didn't feel good until I ate the cereal.

24. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: I'm like you, I'm getting full so fast but then I'm hungry again in 1-2 hours. I'm grazing at this point.

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: @ladybee: I was like that for a few weeks, but this week, I can eat it all, all the time. I'm sure that that will change as my stomach expands.

26. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@Jennimac: Glad to hear things went so well!
    @KaitlynB: I'll definitely be trying that combo, I've already been taking Vitamin B 50mg 3 times a day to help along with Zofran too.

I'm sorry for the silence ladies, we have our ultrasound this afternoon and I've been a bundle of nerves/craziness all week. I just can't help but zero in on all the things that could go wrong so I'm hoping this appointment will help alleviate all those fears.

Also last night my dinner was a handful of pistachios... healthy eating has gone out the window.

27. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Redmini1: Good luck at the ultrasound today!

28. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Redmini1: good luck today!!!

29. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@Redmini1: Hoping things go well at your appointment today!!

30. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

Went to our first midwife appointment at the office (we had an ultrasound at 6 weeks). Honestly, I was not thrilled. We saw a student midwife for 98% of the appointment, and she seemed very young and didn't know all her stuff completely. The actual CNM came in at the very end for like two minutes. I hope future appointments are not like that.

Also, they didn't even try to get the heartbeat with the doppler (something I was afraid of). They said we would hear it when I came back at 14 weeks. I expressed that I would feel more peace of mind if we could hear the heartbeat before then, so they are letting me come in two weeks from now just for that, which is good. Still, overall, I was not super excited. There was nothing to reassure me the baby is doing okay -- just lots of information I already knew mostly about diet and that kind of thing.

Also, who is opting for first trimester screening, and who is opting out? I always thought I'd want all the screening possible, but I'm afraid false positives would just make me more stressed out for no reason.

31. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I'm sorry you had a so-so experience! I hope your next appt is better. We are doing the NT scan at 12 weeks mostly to prepare and to see baby again

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Walking my dogs I noticed I could see my bump in my yoga pants! Well bump under FUPA under bagels consumed. Haha!

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: Aww little baby bump!

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I'm sorry you had a so-so appointment. How many weeks are you? I had my 10 week appointment and we heard the heartbeat. Also, like you, there was a student midwife there doing most of the stuff.

We are opting out of all testing right now.

On a side note, they went ahead and did my Pap at this appointment, and HOLY HELL I don't remember the speculum hurting that much. I kept saying things like, "It's okay, I know you're not trying to hurt me," while breathing deeply and DH just wasn't sure about that part of the exam until I told him that was what they did for a yearly exam.

35. Sweet T

pomelo / 5321 posts

Hi ladies! I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now. I was going to wait until I was 12 weeks before joining but I just can't wait any longer!

Due Date: October 30th

Months It Took to Conceive: This LO is a surprise!

DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: Not sure. I got my BFP on 2/26.

Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: Late period, fatigue, dizziness

Child Number: 2

What You're Most Excited For: A sibling for my LO, hearing the heartbeat, first ultrasound, announcing to my family!

What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage, Not being able to have a VBAC.

I've already had my appointment with a nurse. I won't see a doctor until next month when I'm 12 weeks. I'm hoping I'll be able to see a midwife but I'm not sure if they'll see me since I had a csection with my son.

36. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: we're going to do all screenings just so we can prepare and see the baby again.

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Sweet T: welcome!!!!!! glad you're joining us!! How old is your LO?

38. Sweet T

pomelo / 5321 posts

@KJfromNJ: Thanks! DS is 18 months old.

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Sweet T: that is a great age difference!!! So cute

40. Sweet T

pomelo / 5321 posts

@KJfromNJ: He'll turn a two almost two months before the newest LO gets here. I'm a little nervous! We were planning on waiting until he was 3 or 4 before trying for another. I was so surprised to get a BFP!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee