Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@evansjamie: Thanks, its nice to hear from others that their symptoms come and go. I find this board very reassuring!

2. ChefAimee

coffee bean / 47 posts

Had my first doctor's appointment yesterday! Baby's heartbeat was at 173bmp at 8w4days. Things are progressing wonderfully, although today was the first real day of horrible nausea. Go figure.

3. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Congrats and welcome! seems like there's a bunch of 2nd time mamas on our little board... i think thats reassuring for us 1st timers

ASFM: I had my first appt yesterday it was not what i was expecting at all... no ultra sound, no heartbeat, they just did an internal and went over medical history stuff. I have an order for bloodwork and my next appt is 3/26 for ultra sound. They said everything looks good and I'm feeling the right size for 8 1/2 weeks. and so the waiting continues......

4. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: YAY! So happy to have you in our club! Our pregnancy is was super duper unexpected as well so I feel you on the shock!

5. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@ChefAimee: That's great news! Can I ask if you heard the heartbeat with an U/S, or with the doppler? I am really hoping we get to hear a heartbeat at our 9w appointment next week.

6. ChefAimee

coffee bean / 47 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat I heard it via ultrasound, although the verdict is out whether that's good for the baby when they're that young.

7. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@ChefAimee: Hmm, I've never really thought about that. At our appointment, I really want to hear the heartbeat again (we saw it at a 6w ultrasound but it was kind of on the low side) but I'm hoping they can pick it up with a doppler. If they can't, I was going to ask for another ultrasound, but maybe I should sit tight. It's just so hard because I want to know how the baby is doing!

8. ChefAimee

coffee bean / 47 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat During the U/S they should be able to see how fast the heart rate is without putting doppler on it, although I do agree, hearing it is pretty awesome.

9. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Major BOO today, went to the doctor (NON baby related) thinking I had strep but I actually have an ear infection? Bizarre world of ear/nose/throat stuff. Z pack which my OB ok'd... since I'm allergic to penicilin. JOY. Hope everyone else is having a better day!

10. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: Oh man, I'm so sorry about that!

Talked to my midwife...my YI has returned. Again. Lovely.

11. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@KJfromNJ: I am an October 2012 momma. I just wanted pop in and say I hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it can be if you are allergic to penicillin. .

12. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@ChefAimee: Oh, I know, but I'm not going to get another U/S at my next appointment... so hoping that they can get the heartbeat with the doppler!

13. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KJfromNJ: Yuck! Being sick and pregnant has to be the worst ever! Hope you feel better soon.

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: @evansjamie: thanks guys. Feeling a bit better and plan to go to sleep within the half hour (east coast time!)

@MrsRcCar: thanks for popping in! I only have a "possible" allergy but haven't had it since I was a tiny kid and got full body hives. I really hope for the sake of the inconvenience that I really am allergic!!!

So FUNNY STORY... @Jennimac and I figured out we know each other!!!! I think it's so funny when I get a text/message (it's happened 3 times now for me) saying "Are you KJfromNJ?" I love it! Too fun! Anyone else figure someone else out or get figured out??

15. Chacha

pea / 5 posts

This is chacha. Please take me off the list. Not ready to talk about it yet. Good luck to everyone.

16. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Chacha: hugs.

17. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Chacha: I'm so sorry. Sending hugs your way.

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chacha: I'm so sorry.

19. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

Due Date: October 20
    Months It Took to Conceive: NTNP and wasn't really planned...
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: Found out 2 days ago, around 7w3d. My cycles were just coming back from not EBFing so I have no idea when I ovulated and EDD may be off
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: I realized its been a while since my last period and thought I should POAS
    Child Number: 2
    What You're Most Excited For: DD is going to be a big sis!!!
    What You're Most Scared About: MC (I had some wine the past few weeks and now I'm worried =\) and having two under 2.

We have our first appt on Friday. I'm excited and nervous all at once.

@Mrs. Yoyo: we are due date twins!

20. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@chacha: I'm sorry. We are all here if you need to chat. *hug*

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Chacha: sending good thoughts

22. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@littleveesmommy: congratulations on your surprise!! Welcome to the board.

23. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@KJfromNJ: thanks!!! Happy to join this board and seeing all the first time mommy-to-be's! We are still a bit shocked but it will probably sink in more once we have our appt Friday. Haven't told anyone IRL and its hard to hold it in!

24. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@littleveesmommy: I'm a little jealous you didn't find out til 7+ weeks, I was exactly 4 weeks when I found out and time has CRAWLEDDDD! Hope your appointment goes really well!!

25. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

Hi all - so thrilled to join this thread!

Due Date: October 8, but I know it will change after my first appointment
    Months It Took to Conceive: 9 months!
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: I had really weird cycle trouble, so I found out at 8 weeks!
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: Starving! The reason I took a test is because I found myself making chicken Alfredo at 7:45 am, and then wanting to puke once I sat down to eat my strange breakfast.
    Child Number: One!!
    What You're Most Excited For: Being a mama, adding to our family, having a greater purpose in life!
    What You're Most Scared About: Having a MC

So far we've told both sets of parents and that's it!

26. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@littleveesmommy: Congrats and welcome!

@MrsTiz: Congrats! We're due date twins!

27. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@littleveesmommy: @MrsTiz: Congrats and welcome ladies!

28. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsTiz: so glad to see you on here, congrats!

29. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: :)!
    @KJfromNJ: Thank you, glad to finally be here!!

30. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@Chacha: I'm so sorry. Keeping you in my prayers.

31. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I went to look at the first daycare center with my SIL yesterday, It run in conjunction with a hospital. Its where my BIL and SIL send our 9 month old niece. Its more than i thought daycare would cost but my SIL said it was one of the cheaper places she visited. I liked it a lot i dont know if we'll be able to afford 5 days there but at least we're on the waiting list. I have a few other places to call and we're hoping that my MIL and/or my grandmother may step up and say they'll take the baby for a day or 2. My niece was on the waiting list for close to 8 months so we're crossing our fingers. Has anyone else started looking into childcare options yet?

32. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

Updated to add newbies and to keep @Chacha in our thoughts & prayers:

DUE DATES

10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/8: MRSTIZ
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/9: Mrs. Mochi - saw heartbeat!
    10/10: Mrs R. - saw heartbeat!
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat - saw heartbeat!
    10/17: JenniMac
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/20: MRS. YOYO
    10/20: LITTLEVEESMOMMY
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    10/28: ladybee

UPCOMING APPTS

3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/6 - Mrs. Mochi (first OB appointment and ultrasound)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11 - Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (8-10 wk initial appt)
    3/13 - KaitlynB (12 week ultrasound)
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound)
    3/22 - Mrs R. (12 week appt)
    4/2- KJfromNJ (12 week appt/ultrasound- ON BIRTHDAY!)

IN OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS:
    chacha

33. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@KaitlynB: my appt went well but we didnt do ultra sound or heartbeat... my next appt is 3/26 - ultrasound

34. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@KJfromNJ: I know what you mean! First time I found out just shy of 5 weeks and waiting for that first doc appt was just pure torture. It's awesome when you hear the heartbeat though. I'll keep you posted on the appt - fingers crossed.

@MrsTiz: Congrats!!!!!! So happy for you! =)

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Monday can't come soon enough! And the belly is out in full force today (probably because I ate so much for breakfast this morning). I'm running out of clothes to hide this bloat.

36. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

DUE DATES

10/1: KaitlynB - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/8: MRSTIZ
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/9: Mrs. Mochi - saw heartbeat!
    10/10: Mrs R. - saw heartbeat!
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat - saw heartbeat!
    10/17: JenniMac
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/20: MRS. YOYO
    10/20: LITTLEVEESMOMMY
    10/22: Beaker(?)
    10/28: ladybee

UPCOMING APPTS

3/6 - Mrs. Mochi (first OB appointment and ultrasound)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/11 - Jennimac (ultrasound)
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)
    3/12 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (8-10 wk initial appt)
    3/13 - KaitlynB (12 week ultrasound)
    3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound)
    3/22 - Mrs R. (12 week appt)
    3/26 - Chillybear (ultrasound)
    4/2- KJfromNJ (12 week appt/ultrasound- ON BIRTHDAY!)

IN OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS:

chacha

37. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: @littleveesmommy: @MrsTiz: Congratulations and welcome!!

@KaitlynB: My appointment date seems to have fallen off the list. My initial appointment and first ultrasound are on 3/22 when I'll be 10w3d.

38. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@Chillybear: ahhhhh are you dying in anticipation?!? Mine is a week from today and I can hardly stand it!!!

@evansjamie: @Jennimac: @ladybee: @knockedup_nowwhat: @Red Mini1: NEXT WEEK!!!!!! Big appt/ultrasound week (:

39. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@KaitlynB: =D can you add my first appt for 3/8? I'm hoping I get an u/s and see heartbeat.... *fingers cross* I would be 7w5d I think.

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KaitlynB: I really, really, really hope I get an ultrasound at this appointment. I may push for it since it's my very first appointment, and I know that DH is anxious to see/hear the heartbeat.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee