Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Having twinges thing morning, hope it's just more growing going on! I hate the not knowing of the different symptoms. 10 weeks on Monday!

2. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KJfromNJ: I've been feeling twingey/crampy too!

I have to say, my worst symptom right now is the menopausal hot flashes, followed by feeling shivery cold, and then hot again, and then hot AND cold at the same time... it feels like having the flu!

Also, are any of you feeling uncomfortable at night? I am not sleeping well at all. Our dog sleeps on the bed with us, and DH is a bed hog. Usually I am a deep sleeper, but lately it has been so infuriating. I wake up super often just wanting to stretch out so bad.

3. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: YES!!!!!!! I have been messing with our thermostat thing DAILY, doesn't help that FL weather is so hot and cold... heat, AC, heat, AC... I can't win!

4. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I had a $100 gift card to eshakti so I bought these two (with like $20 left over!) to be something nicer but also comfortable to wear for the next few months. I was on the fence between L and XL for size so I went with XL so it would last me longer. Hope they fit, I'd love wearing them with leggings!

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: those are cute!

6. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Dilemma... I can't remember if I took my prenatal and my morning metformin yet today!?!?!!? I'm leaning on the side that I did not take them. Do I go ahead and take them now or just take my PM metformin later?? Not sure if over or under is better...

7. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: I started using a pill box to help me remember if I take my meds. I err on the side of caution and usually wait until evening dose if I ever forgot.

8. Sweet T

pomelo / 5321 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: I haven't been sleeping well either. I toss and turn all night long. It stinks! I don't remember this happening with my first!

9. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Jennimac: that's a great idea. Old people city here I come right? Haha!

10. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@KJfromNJ: ha! My DH tells me I'm an 80 yr old lady.

11. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@knockedup_nowwhat: @Sweet T: Unisom!!! I had to start using it here and there about a week ago. I was waking up every 30 minutes or would be so uncomfortable and nauseous. Unisom is perfectly safe in pregnancy as long as you get the plain sleep tabs and not the gels or melts.

I bought a Sonoline B Fetal Doppler today on Ebay after my friend got one this week. She uses it every day and loves it. It was just over $50 with free EXPEDITED shipping and comes from Chicago so I should get it by Tuesday! I know some of you were on the fence and thought it may make you more worried to have it...I personally just decided I won't freak out if I can't immediately find the heartbeat all the time. We are going to take it with us when we go to visit family on Easter and I think they will love it. It supposedly can pick up a heartbeat as early as 10 weeks. I just wanted to share if anyone else was interested!!! (:

12. Sweet T

pomelo / 5321 posts

@KaitlynB: Please let us know how the doppler works! I really want to get one, but want to make sure it's a good one. I won't have my first appointment until I get to 12 weeks and I've been so anxious this time around.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: I've been having twinges all day today! It feels like I'm being pinched in the ovary on my right side. I think it's round ligament pain.

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

We bought baby's first diapers today! I decided to go with BumGenius AIO for ease, and We may do a diaper service for the first six weeks. I don't know about buying newborn sized diapers that won't get a lot of wear time.

15. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@evansjamie: so cute!!

16. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: such cute dipes!!! And twinges are mostly gone today After I get used to them I get excited about growing.

In other news, I am TOTALLY loving my baby bump! I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and while you really can't see it when looking at me, you can SURE feel it. My abdominal area, under the fat, feels HARD like there's a miniature basketball under there pushing its way out. It's CRAZY!!!!! I can't stop rubbing my little buddha belly.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: YES!!!! I leaned up with my hand on my belly last night and I could feel my uterus! I was like, "Holy Crap, I can feel it!" DH just looked at me like I was crazy. And I can definitely see a change in my belly fat. I can't wit until it looks more like a baby bump than just too many French fries.

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@evansjamie: SAME!!! I feel like I have a legit bump now because I can feel it haha but when I'm wearing clothes (or really even naked haha) it's not noticeable. I'm ready for the dang bump so I don't look like I quit my diet (well... I did... but that's neither here nor there haha)

19. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

@evansjamie: we don't cd, but I've heard really good things about the Freetime!

I think I may have had my worst day yet today. Threw up again this morning after changing a poopy diaper, then got super woozy and weak while we were out running errands this morning. I've been lying around ever since, reading to LO and distracting him with Thomas episodes. Now I'm trying to figure out something with some decent protein for dinner, but nothing sounds appealing. It's been very hard to be in the kitchen lately -- I never know what's going to set off the gag reflex.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: We've been eating out a lot because I don't have the energy to cook. Maybe beans and rice? That is nice and bland (and sounding tasty even though I've eaten).

21. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@KJfromNJ: Love the dresses!

@evansjamie: Cute diapers!

@Mrs. Yoyo: I totally understand about how hard it is to be in the kitchen. I think last night was only the second time I've cooked an actual meal since I got my BFP! Hopefully you're feeling better.

So we went for our checkup yesterday and the doctor said the baby is measuring a few days further along than expected so I'm into week 11 now. We got to see the little guy wiggling around and moving its arms and legs. I feel so relieved!

I have to go back in two weeks to do the nuchal translucency screening to test for down syndrome. Have you guys thought about testing and which ones (if any) you are going to do?

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: we aren't doing any testing right now. That may change and we might decide to do the quad screen, but right now it doesn't feel right to me.

23. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: we are doing the NT scan mostly to see our baby and to prepare for any issues should they arise.

24. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Eeeek! I am 8 weeks today! Only 4 more to go before I'm in the second trimester. My boobs are killing me and my upset tummy is lingering around but otherwise I feel decent. I think I'm still on a high from our first u/s.

Where is everyone else today? I find it very hard to remember what week we are all at!

25. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Updating the list with my next appointment.

DUE DATES

10/1: KaitlynB - saw baby jumping and kicking!
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4: Evansjamie - saw heartbeat!
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/7: ChefAimee
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey - saw heartbeat!
    10/8: MRSTIZ
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/9: Mrs. Mochi - saw heartbeat twice!
    10/10: Mrs R. - saw heartbeat!
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/11: AprilK
    10/14: KJfromNJ - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: Lozza
    10/15: Buninoven
    10/15: KnockedUp_NowWhat - saw heartbeat!
    10/15: TFrances
    10/20: JenniMac-saw heartbeat!
    10/24: LAWTo9
    10/20: fuzzypeaches
    10/20: MRS. YOYO
    10/22: Beaker
    10/28: ladybee
    10/30: Sweet T

UPCOMING APPTS

3/14 - ladybee (7 week ultrasound)
    3/14 - beaker (8 week ultrasound)
    3/18 – April K (10 week initial appointment)
    3/22 - Mrs R. (12 week appt)
    3/22 - BUNINOVEN (ultrasound)
    3/25 - TFrances (11 wks / ultrasound)
    3/26 - Chillybear (ultrasound)
    3/26 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (quick doppler for heartbeat appt)
    4/1-JenniMac (11 weeks/ ultrasound-if good, we will go public)
    4/1 - ladybee (10 week ultrasound) will go public if goes well
    4/2- KJfromNJ (12 week appt/ultrasound- ON BIRTHDAY!)
    4/3 - Mrs. Mochi (Nuchal screening - blood/ultrasound)
    4/8 - evansjamie (14 week appointment)
    4/22 - KnockedUp_NowWhat (15 week check-up)
    4/23 - Mrs. Mochi (15/16 week follow-up appt - ultrasound)

IN OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS:
    chacha
    littleleveesmommy

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I am 11w3d today! So close to the end of the first trimester. I feel pretty good except for feeling wiped out. We had a freak thunderstorm last night (thunder sleet? Really?) which kept me up.

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I'm 10 weeks today!!!! It's crazy to think how far we ALL have come! My sister's wedding is a few days before I'm 13 weeks and I cannot wait to see everyone... so of course it feels like time is absolutely crawling to 12 weeks (when I can "go public.")

Me going public = facebook, twitter, IG, BLOG, and even changing my username on here! Two weeks 1 day left.

Anyone 100% public yet?

28. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I'm 10w5d today.... we're about 70% public. Last May we started working on an addition to our house and once the contractor finished the structural parts we were left to do the finishes (drywall, painting, floors, built-ins electric, etc) By the time we found out I was pregnant i knew we had to make a big push to get things finished so i we decided to through a St. Patrick's day party to give ourselves a deadline. We had the party on Saturday and there was no way I was going to get away with out drinking and not telling. So we officially told the majority of our friends and family. There are still a few people that didnt make it over that dont know and only one of my coworkers knows. My plan is to tell my office on good friday (2 weeks ish) i'll be 12 weeks, ill have had my ultra sound and we'll be through a grueling month that had 3 photoshoots in it.

I wont be going public on facebook at all.

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I am 95% public. We told FB, IG, Blog, but in person I'm not just walking up to co-workers or random people and saying, "Hey so-and-so, how's it going? BTW, I'm gestating." The cleaning lady already outed me to most of the office anyway.

And so it begins. I've already heard that I'll be miserable this summer (really? In KY, where it's hot and humid? No joke) and swell up a ton (gee thanks). Also to not be a martyr (in regards to running/planning a natural childbirth/cloth diapering).

I'm just a wee bit irritable this morning.

30. BunInOven

olive / 51 posts

@evansjamie: I'm already dreading hearing the advice and warnings when we tell family. I despise when my in-laws attempt to advise me and my husband based on their "experience". I've bitten my tongue in the past, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last. For the past few weeks, I have had the mentality of not taking any BS from anyone. It seems like a combination of hormones and preparing to advocate for the new life that I am going to be responsible for.

I feel like announcing to family is supposed to be exciting and joyous, but I am honestly not looking forward to telling my ILs. Is anyone else feeling this way about telling family?

31. knockedup_nowwhat

grape / 91 posts

@KaitlynB: Okay, I am going to call my midwife about Unisom. I know it's safe, but it freaks me out a little! Still, this no-sleeping thing is getting really old.

By the way, anyone else wake up in the middle of the night to puke? That is like my main puking time. I hate it. I guess it's preparing me for an infant waking me up? Bah.

@evansjamie: @KJfromNJ: Any bump I have its totally covered my enormously fat stomach. Seriously, I am getting so fat and none of it is baby. I haven't buttoned my pants at work in a solid week now...

I'm 9w6d & we are about 25% public. We have told our parents and a few friends. When I go back at 11w to hear the heartbeat, we'll go public to all our family and friends, but I plan on keeping it off social media for a while. I also am still not sure when I am going to tell work, but as time crawls on, I'm feeling more and more like I want to just go ahead and tell them at 12 weeks.

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@BunInOven: I'm finding that I have to have that mentality too, that I'm already advocating for how our child will be raised/what I want for our child. As Mrs. Blue said, I'm having to "be the mom." I'm dreading telling my grandmother. She has dementia and I don't know how she'll take the news. We weren't close to begin with, but it's so stressful going to the nursing home. I know she and my mom will want me to bring the baby by to see her, but nursing homes are full of sickness and I don't want to expose the baby to that. Again, it's another situation where I have to be the mom.

@knockedup_nowwhat: Yep. My stomach fat just looks fatter right now, and any shape I had by my ribs is gone by 9 a.m.

I talk more about the pregnancy to my MIL than my mom. I'm actually feeling a little hurt that my mother isn't acting more excited or talking about pregnancy with me. I'm so afraid that it will turn into the same situation that we had at our wedding, where she made everything about her and the experience was awful.

33. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

I am so nervous, my heartbeat/doppler appt is at 6PM eastern.... this day is CRAWLING by. Ugh. I did have a weekend of horrific symptoms (exhausted, throwing up) but it could just be the progesterone supplements.....

@Chillybear: I am contemplating not going public on FB at all either. With my first pregnancy I just posted some pics of us as usual and once I was obviously pregnant people noticed. This time around, I am kind of mad at some of our friends (we were at a wedding two weekends ago and EVERYONE kept trying to nail me to the wall about not drinking. It was completely classless and one of the guys who was the worst offender had just announced his wife's pregnancy and how hard it was to keep it a secret from the friends... so he should have known better!).... is it childish to be ticked enough about this to want to keep it completely off of facebook?? I feel like the people I want to know will know. My husband laughs at me that I am so ticked at people over it, but I am steamed!

34. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@AprilK: not childish all... over the last month i have been whittling down my friends on FB and removing old pictures and upping my privacy settings when i can. I made my instagram private as well. Luckily for my the first 3 months of my pregnancy i really didnt have too many plans with friends or events to go to. I've been really just trying to fly under the radar. Also for me, i was on medication for my skin for 3 years that i couldnt drink while taking it. Most people when they see me without a drink in hand just assume its because of the medication i was on even though ive been off it for a year.

35. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

I'm currently 10wks exactly! And feeling a bit better. The nausea seems to come and go (it was just here all the time). I still get headaches, tender breasts, and back pain. Here's hoping the upcoming 2nd trimester relieves some of my symptoms.

We're about 15% public. My mom and stepdad know, but have been sworn to secrecy. Some of my new friends around California know, but they have also been sworn to secrecy. I just don't want to tell the families before 12 weeks. I miscarried at 11 weeks last August and don't want to go through all that again. I feel like my new friends here were super supportive. The families were just disappointed and told me that (not support, disappointment) and then I didn't hear any word of condolence from any of them (except my mom). So ugh! I'm also debating about when to tell my boys. They live with their dad during the school year, so I haven't seen them since Christmas. I'm flying back to spend Spring Break with them and will probably tell them then (right at 12 weeks). They were both excited last time, hope they are this time...

36. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

I love my OB office. I went in today for a yeast infection, and mentioned to the CNM (they have a PA and a CNM who do visits, but only the OBs deliver babies) that I was a little disturbed because we'd just gotten a letter from Costco that a product we'd bought about two months ago had been found to be contaminated w/ listeria. I asked if we could do a quick check w/ the doppler, and she said sure. She couldn't seem to find the heartbeat with the doppler (which she said wasn't surprising- I'm about 9w3d or something, plus I apparently have a retroverted uterus this time around), but understood that it was a little freaky, and offered to do a quick ultrasound. We ran to the back room, got out the wand, and sure enough, it was totally fine with a heartbeat at 170. I really appreciated that she took the time to help assuage my fears!

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Lozza: That is so great!

38. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@KJfromNJ: I went 100% public last Friday.

I have a blog which I guess I can add on here and I'd love to know if any of you are bloggers too!

http://www.wifessionals.com

I mainly figured I would add it because I've been working with a lot of baby/maternity/new mama friendly companies so there may be some products or different things you guys would like to know about (:

39. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@KaitlynB: I will definitely be checking out your blog. I have one also. http://www.msbuff.com Right now it's mostly book reviews and some life posts. Once I go 100% public, I will be adding mommy/pregnancy posts to it.

40. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

Had my 10 week appointment tonight and we heard a strong healthy heartbeat! I was so relieved... the doctor was running behind so we were sitting waiting in the room FOR-ever. I was getting so freaking nervous. But I was so glad to hear it!

Now... time to break the news at work... greeeeeat.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee