Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 Postpartum

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Good luck, you got it!
    G has had a few moments this weekend, and I yelled at her a few too many times
    We are all learning!

2. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: yeah, in a span of about 10 minutes yesterday, K tried to hit J, then hit Dh, then tried to hit me. Tons of fun...

3. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Oh man, I am so freaking tired.

So updates from me, a month out.

Claire is awesome, a generally very chilled out little baby girl, which is good since she has no choice but to get dragged around to all of G's activities! She's been congested the last few weeks, but is FINALLY starting to clear up. Not a cold, just lots of snot and sniffles. Gross.

She is a great sleeper in the daytime, but parties ALL NIGHT LONG. She's not even cranky or anything - just wakes for her feed, and then stays awake, like a little night owl. It's exhausting, that's for sure.

We are still breastfeeding - she is feeding like a champ. Only trouble is, I have intense vasospasms - nifediprine did nothing, heat packs barely make a dent. We're also now treating the two of us for thrush as well, to see if it helps with the post-feeding pain. Not ideal, but we're trying our best to get through it.

She was 4.1kg at birth, 3.8kg at discharge, and is now 4.68kg. She was 49cm long at birth, and is now 54.5cm!

I hope your babies are doing well - and those still hanging out, we're rooting for you!

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: I'm with you on the tiredness. I don't remember being this tired last time, but it could be the 2-year old, or that I've blocked it.

J was back above birth weight at 7lbs 0.5 Ozs at his one week visit, so we don't head back to the dr for another month. With that said, he hasn't pooped in the last 8 hours-ish, so hopefully he will soon so I can stop freaking out inside.

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: @Miss Ariel: The tiredness is starting to catch up to me and it's compounded by the fact that I caught H's cold. So on top of being tired, I feel run down. I also think a has thrush, so I am taking her to the ped tomorrow to check it out and also see if she has a tongue/lip tie. She spits up a lot and gets the hiccups quite a bit.

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Miss Ariel: @avivoca: I'm so glad the tiredness isn't just me. I'm feeling it WAY more than I did with just Georgia.

We have our paed visit in a fortnight, and they'll be checking Claire's mouth again. A midwife mentioned a mild one, the first paed said nothing, the LC said nothing - but honestly, I wish more people were able to diagnose properly. That said, if she DOES have one, we're managing to feed well with it.. so I'm not sure there would be a course of action. Lots of hiccups here too!

7. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I'm trying to figure out if I'm actually more tired this time or if I just blocked it out from the previous times. M is a sleepy baby and so far hasn't really had much spit up or been miserably gassy *knock on wood* All I need from her are longer stretches at night. My other two are running me into the ground, though.

8. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

A arrived 3 weeks ago this morning! Hard to believe! It seems like he's been in our life forever. I am still processing those couple of days I was in labor and everything that happened around it, but it's getting better with each passing day. The short story is that I ended up with an urgent-turning-emergent C section after 30 hours of an epi-free induction (that I resisted as you may recall), so there is some extra healing and recovery still on the horizon.... I'm working up to the full birth story which I'll share soon.

A is a sleepy nurser with a corrected (?! I think) tongue tie, but he is still learning to suck properly. Apparently since he got used to sucking in utero with the severe tongue-tie, and then was delivered by csection, they say that he didn't have the corrective advantage of the compression/adjustment of the birth canal... He's doing craniosacral therapy once a week and kind of like acupuncture for me, it might be helping, can't be hurting!

Speaking of hurt, BF has been like 7 kinds of pain for me even though the bad latch, etc. was found early. I did some 12-hour "breaks" where I pumped/bottle fed instead of breast fed. It helped some but was so inconvenient that I kind of just adapted to the pain (and maybe it lessened some). Despite all of the struggles, A is growing and gaining so we are getting somewhere!

Kudos to you all with more than one. Not quite sure how you do it! I think A is kind of a sleepy baby and he certainly naps well in his bassinet, but he also has the predictable multi-hour fussy times / cluster feeding episodes. Fortunately those are mostly during the day. I'll let him sleep a max of 2 consecutive hours during the day (lots of naps like this) but let him go as long as possible (up to 4.5 hours) at night. Seems way to soon to celebrate, but the last 5 days or so we've been having nights where he sleeps 10:30 pm - 1:30 am, then 2:30 am - 6.

Hope all the mammas and babes are doing well!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: The only reason I am doing so well is because we still send H to school full-time.

@Amorini: Praying for you as you heal!

10. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

Are any of you ladies using a postpartum belly bandit (or something similar)? My OB recommended it since I'm healing from SPD (pelvic separation issues) during pregnancy and it also helps keep pressure/weight off my c-section incision. But I'm not sure how it's supposed to be used - all the time except for sleeping (so even when sitting/nursing)? Or just when walking around/upright?

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Doing well Aj had some blood in his stool today 😕 not sure what caused that?!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: same G goes daily, saving Grace!

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TapDancer: I used one last time and you are supposed to wear it all the time.

14. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@TapDancer: I'm using C-panties and I wear them all day, every day! It helps me feel more supported when I cough, sneeze, laugh...you name it! Plus nothing is digging into the incision since my normal undies are all bikinis. They are so expensive but I bought two pair and wash frequently!

@avicoca: hey, thanks!

15. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Amorini: ohhh, c panties? Never heard of them...googling/buying right now!

16. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: Have been thinking of you, mama. x

17. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@avivoca: @FaithFertility: @Amorini: us too! K is still in daycare so it's just me and J most of the day.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I have so many ?
    I feel lilike a new mom again...lol

AJ can down 3-4oz of BM in a bottle!
    Any other kiddos taking that much?!
    I feel like that is a lot?!

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@FaithFertility: I haven't tried a bottle yet with A, but I feel like she could do it. She's a chunk! Girlfriend was 9 lbs. 11.8 oz. at her appointment last week. I can't wait to see what her official one-month weight is next Monday!

20. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@jaguar: I'm lurking, love to hear about all the new babies I love the blanket, where did you get it?

21. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@FaithFertility: I check in on these boards periodically and blood in stool is an indication of MSPI (milk, soy protein intolerance) or some other intolerance. Do a search here on Hellobee (both forums and blog posts) as there is a ton of info..

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@NorthStar: Thanks, I remembered seeing those that is what I was thinking.... hasn't happened again I told home nurse today she said just to watch it and be aware what I eat or what he gets when/of it happens again!

Thanks for info

23. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@FaithFertility: Q is formula fed, but he averaging 3 ounces in a sitting at 6 weeks old.

24. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@DesertDreams88: Claire's rainbow swaddle? It's from How Joyful. Joy is amazing!

25. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@FaithFertility: M will also take 3-4 oz from the bottle

26. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Now that we're into November, I'm going to be leaving this board and just participate in the FB group. Too many sites to keep track of! I don't participate in the rest of Hellobee, so no sense keeping this tab open all the time. Hope to see you all on FB.

27. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

For the past week-ish, J's been waking up at 12ish and 3ish pretty consistently. Well last night he skipped his 12 wake up and slept through till 3! Part of me thinks he's too little to sleep so long, but the other part of me is just like, "yeah, sleep!"

28. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

If there is anyone else who wants to join our facebook group, let me know!

29. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@whiskers: I'd like to be added to the Facebook group please!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Super jealous!!!!!! Last night was the best it's been in a week! He is doing 2.5-3hr stretchws after 4-5 the first week home.....cmon kid!

He definitely likes a full belly to be comfortable!

31. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Bernieboo: I'll wall you a link to my facebook and you can send me a friend request- since it is a secret group you have to be my friend for me to add you.

32. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

Cross-posting from the FB group:

Losing my mind. We have been trying to establish a bedtime routine and put B down at about the same time every night. We start around 7:30...I change his diaper, read book, feed, swaddle, then my husband rocks him to sleep. He will not go to sleep for me after feeding. He either cries or is just wide awake.

When he is finally asleep in his bassinet (usually about 45 minutes after my husband takes over rocking), he'll sleep 6-7 hours (which is great). When he wakes up around 2 or 3 we change him and feed him and he will fall asleep nursing. I hold him for 5-10 minutes to make sure he's asleep/doesn't want to eat any more, but the second I put him back in the bassinet he wakes up and cries. He sounds uncomfortable...like he's gassy or something, but he won't burp if I try to burp him again and sleeps soundly in my arms. It's been taking 60-90 minutes to get him to go to sleep again and I'm losing my mind. Last night my husband had to go sleep on the couch at 4am because of the crying. Tonight I tried giving B the pacifier when he started crying, which worked, but would fall out when he fell asleep and the cycle would start again. I'm currently rocking him in the nursery and he's asleep, but I'm afraid to put him down again 😕 Any advice?

33. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Kitkat: my dh's trick is that once you've set them down in the crib rock their body from side to side so they think they're still being held. Their breathing will change once they fall asleep. But instead of just stopping the rocking rest your hand on their chest for a minute or two before leaving.

It used to be almost every night I'd but J down and 5 minutes later he'd be awake and crying again and dh would go in and put him down again. But since he told me what he was doing, it's rare that we need to go back in.

Good luck!!! And hopefully he figures it out soon!

34. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I've had some success with a similar approach. I just wrap my hands around her when I put her down so she still feels like she's being held. She will usually open her eyes, see me, and then go back to sleep. I walk away when she seems pretty zonked. Also, the only place we can put her down and expect sleep is the rock n play but I remember this being a short phase with DS.

35. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@Miss Ariel: @Shantuck: thanks! Will definitely try this tonight

36. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Kitkat: how did last night go for you? If it didn't work, don't despair too much since it isn't foolproof, as evidenced by my night last night.

It took three separate trips to get him to sleep last night. Then he woke up at 12, 3, 4, and 5.... So pretty much the worst night of sleep he's ever had. Hopefully tonight is better!

37. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@Miss Ariel: sorry, just now seeing this. So Wednesday night he had another good stretch (8:30-2:30 I think), but I still couldn't rally get him to go down. He'd go down for maybe 30-45 minutes then wake up again. BUT, last night he slept from 9:30-6:00!!! I fed him, put him back down using the advice to keep my hands on him for 30 seconds until he seemed really asleep and the he slept till 9:30am so last night was definitely our best night so far.

Sorry your night was rough hopefully tonight is better!

38. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Kitkat: yeah!! Such an awesome night!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee