Nurse: your first a boy?
    Me: no
    Nurse: you gonna try for a boy?
    Me: no, I'm done lol
    Nurse: get your tubes tied?
    Me: no
    Nurse: then you may not be done
    Me: no, that responsibility will fall to my husband

I'm almost 38, this factory is definitely being shut down one way or another. And certainly not being kept open to have a boy to carry on the monarchy!

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: same same same. so done!

3. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: congrats!!! So exciting!

My appt today I'm dilated to a 3. So from 1-2-4 over the last 3 weeks. I'm kind of freaking out though and I might make it to 40 weeks! By my calculations I'm 39 weeks tomorrow but my drs is more like 37.5-38. I'm huge!

Does everyone work up until they have the baby? I normally do with both kids because I've never wanted to take the PTO without a baby, but I'm *that* done and considering making Thursday my last day. I would be so mad if this baby didn't show for a week!

Plus my dr is out of town Fri-Tuesday. If I don't have the baby before Friday, someone else will deliver. If I make it to the hospital.

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: I did, but I was nowhere near as uncomfortable as you sound. If I were you I'd pick a day to be done and just do it. It's worth it to just try to take it easy a bit before baby gets here.

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: wow congrats!welcome baby girl! I can't believe she was so small when you were late!

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: I know! They commented that her cord was not only long but thin, and that it attached to the placenta a little off center, so they sent it out for testing just in case something came up. I will probably always wonder if the GD diet prevented her from packing on a couple of pounds. Her length threw off the u/s estimated weight. When I added her to my app it said she's 3rd percentile for weight and 81st for height. Will be interesting to see what my ped has to say.

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: that's crazy! I wonder if you really had GD?

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: a coworker who has been in the medical field and has a daughter who's diabetic wondered the same thing! I think I stressed myself into poor numbers for the three hour. My fasting (which diet doesn't affect) has always been much lower than that test showed that day. If I knew then how much stress and even heat can affect your numbers...

9. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: Last time I worked until I was 40+5 and planned for that to be my last day, which was a Friday, but then ended up getting induced the following Monday anyways. I worked from home though so it was pretty low-stress. I'm much more uncomfortable this time. Knowing I'm having a c-section on Monday, I planned for last friday to be my last in the office (technically 38+2) and I'm WFH non-wed this week. Today is my last day (at 39 exactly). I'm' taking thurs/fri off and have baby on Monday.

@StrawberryBee: i forgot about the GD! go have some cake!!

10. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: bakery and Starbucks are mandatory stops on the way home!

11. pmh2400

pea / 10 posts

@matador84: planning to work til birth, but luckily my job is ok with me working from home for the home stretch which is nice. It was getting tough to commute and waddle around, and I was afraid of going into labor in the office.

39 weeks today! Dr says I'm more than 50% effaced but still only 1cm. My back and pelvis are ready to be done, but apparently baby is nice and comfy in there hoping I don't go past 40.

12. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I delivered at 1230am! My biggest baby by far, 8 lbs. we are good! It's a boy!

Arrived at the hospital, they checked me and I was a 6. I delivered less than an hour later, in fact 8 minutes after my dr broke my water! Just so glad I made it to the hospital this time.

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: ahh congrats! I'm glad you made it to hospital.

14. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@matador84: yay!!! I was actually thinking about you this morning. I hope that doesn't sound creepy 😂😂 I'm glad you made it to the hospital and that you are both doing well!

15. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: congrats! And I'm so glad you made it to the hospital!

16. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Thought I would update since StrawberryBee is probably a little bit busy right now!!

Due Dates
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2)
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2)
    September 27 - Mae (#2) , Dolphin (#3) , Mrs Cotton Candy (#2), pmh2400 (#1)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1) , sugarbee (#2)

Births (Scheduled)
    September 25 - Mae

Babies!
    Banana330 - Baby Girl is here!
    Cheesetomywhine - Baby Girl is here!
    StrawberryBee - Baby Girl is here!
    YouGotMe - Baby Boy is here!
    Bibliolove - Baby Boy is here!
    annem1990 - Baby Boy is here!
    Mamag511 - Baby Boy is here!
    babybunnylove - Baby Boy is here!
    matador84 - Baby Boy is here!

9 babies have arrived and we are waiting on 12 more!

17. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

Congratulations to all the mothers who have already given birth and a safe delivery to all yet to come!

18. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@matador84: congratulations!!!

19. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Starting to have contractions that are getting a little painful. I think this is the start of labor! Oh how I hope it is!! 🤞🤞

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: whew!!!! Congrats!

@Mae: thanks! My thread notifications got turned off lol

@Boopers: so exciting! Good luck!

21. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Boopers: yay good luck!!!

22. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Thoughts on the last few days:

1. The "Full Term" app is great for tracking contractions
    2. The BabyConnect app is great for tracking feedings and pees/poops
    3. I had forgotten how uncomfortable it is when they press down on your belly to clear out your uterus
    4. Breastfeeding makes me so hungry
    5. I had forgotten that breastfeeding triggers cramping
    6. I had forgotten how much a bad latch hurts
    7. Being able to sleep on my tummy again is so nice!
    8. Showers feel amazing
    9. Newborns are so floppy

Anyone else?

23. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@matador84: congrats! I've been waiting for your update and was hoping you made it to a hospital

24. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@YouGotMe: haha yes, I am so grateful had I waited about 10 minutes longer or not just followed my intuition I am pretty sure I would not have had a hospital delivery!

25. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@matador84: woah! Can't wait to read about your birth story! Were your contractions strong from the start?

Also, it appears last night was false labor so I'm hoping things get going again today 😬

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: fingers crossed !

27. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Boopers: It's pretty short! See below.

I went to bed around 8pm after taking a bath and skipping dinner. I wasn't feeling well, but wasn't feeling anything like contractions or anything where I needed to go to the hospital. I wasn't watching the time, but I kept having to get up and use the restroom and kind of walk around the bedroom because I couldn't get comfortable a all--I just kept tossing and turning. At 1115, for some reason I woke up and woke DH up and told him we needed to go to the hospital. Something was off and I wasn't feeling right. We got changed and headed to the hospital arriving up to L & D just past 1130pm. They got me into a room where she had me use the bathroom quickly and then checked my cervix. While I was signing a piece of paper at the checkin desk before getting in the room, I could barely stand so I knew this was it!!

As soon as the nurse checked me, she said I was at a 6 so they were going to go ahead and admit me. I started to have contractions about 5ish minutes apart and were uncomfortable but I could sort of talk through them. They called my doctor and he arrived what seemed like pretty quickly, in less than 10-15 minutes. He checked when he go to the room and I was at a 7-8. They then moved me to a delivery room where they got set up to break my water. The contractions started coming more often and stronger to the point I couldn't talk through them. My doctor broke my water at 1222 and left the room to go sleep/work on dictation. Almost just as soon as he had sat down, they came to get him because I had started pushing on my own. Just a few pushes later, DS was born at 1230!

My biggest baby by far at 8 pounds. Please do keep us in your thoughts. He had some pretty bad bruising when I delivered him and it turned into jaundice. After multiple tests to check his levels, they crept from med-high, to high, to now under phototherapy lights and I am just super sad about it. I know it could be worse, but I hate having to be away from the baby and having no control over it at all.

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: good on you for knowing your body.

We've been toeing the jaundice line as well, hovering at med-high with multiple heel pricks (her feet are a pincushion with the sugar checks she got). DH and I are on our own to monitor until her next appointment on Monday, which I find stressful. Hoping we're doing right by her and I'm not missing any warning signs. I've made it my mission to feed her as much as possible to try to flush it out.

All of that to say, I feel for you and hope his levels come down quickly with the photo therapy and you all can be snuggled at home soon.

29. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm actually really surprised at how emotional I have been over it--dang hormones! I just felt awful about the bad bruising and even the whites of his eyes had some blood vessels break. I think we are going on the 4th or 5th heel stick with more to come between the PKU and the testing for bill.

I'm starting to become engorged on top if it so I need to figure out what to do from here if he's going to be away from me for 3 hours at a time for who knows how long.

30. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: don't beat yourself up momma, there's nothing you could have done to prevent it 💗. Are you still at the hospital? If so, could you ask for a hospital grade pump? Or have DH bring yours from home? Engorgement is no fun. Or ask that he have a break in the therapy for you to nurse.

31. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: So sorry to hear you're stressing! My LO was jaundiced as well, although we were able to get through it with feeding rather than lights. I would be totally stressed if they kept taking my baby away! Fingers crossed it's a quick(ish) fix and you can head home soon!

@StrawberryBee: fingers crossed your little one sorts through it quickly too!

Tonight is so surreal ladies. I head to the hospital about 5am for my induction! I feel like I'm not going to sleep at all tonight, but hopefully I'll get a few hours! All the feelings. Excited. Nervous. Tearful about leaving our first little one. We live 5 minutes from the hospital so she should be able to visit daily but just... her life is going to change and I love her so much and ugh. Hormones and tears already.

32. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: *hugs* so excited for you! I hope everything goes easy and that you're snuggling your little girl before you know it. DD1s life will change, but in a good way :). I get the feels though.

33. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

He is here! I had him this morning at 12:35 after pushing through only 3 contractions!! He was 7 lb. 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Thankfully he nursed easily which was a huge worry of mine since I had soooo much trouble with my first!

34. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: good luck today!!!

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: congratulations!!! Sounds like an easy birth

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Switching off with Mae since now I'm sure she's busy this morning

Due Dates
    September 27 - Mae (#2) , Dolphin (#3) , Mrs Cotton Candy (#2), pmh2400 (#1)

Births (Scheduled)
    September 25 - Mae

Babies!
    Boopers - Baby Boy is here!

10 babies have arrived and we are waiting on 11 more!

37. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

Congratulations mamas! Our baby boy is here! He arrived on the 17th, ten days before his due date! We’ve been home for a week and adjusting to life with 3 kids under 5!

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: @StrawberryBee: Hope things are improving on the jaundice front.

@Mae: Good luck today!

@Boopers: Ahh congrats!

@dolphin: Congrats!

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@dolphin: congratulations!!

40. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Due Dates
    September 27 - Mae (#2) , Mrs Cotton Candy (#2), pmh2400 (#1)

Births (Scheduled)
    September 25 - Mae

Babies!
    Boopers - Baby Boy is here!
    Dolphin - Baby Boy is here!

11 babies have arrived and we are waiting on 10 more!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee