Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@babybunnylove: exciting!!! Good luck!

2. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: ahhh so exciting! good luck!!!

3. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@babybunnylove: good luck! I hope things go smoothly for you!

4. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@babybunnylove: yay!!! can't wait for updates!

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

In half an hour it'll officially be my due date. And this kid is on the move (not in a good way, I fear). I know she moved her head because I can lift my legs to put socks and pants on without getting zings, and no longer have a desperate urge to pee constantly. Swear to god, if she went transverse now...how the hell can there even be room for her to do that?

6. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Our baby boy was born yesterday! Went in for my weekly nst and they saw the baby's heart rate was dropping a bit with contractions, so my OB decided to do a csection that afternoon! Everyone is doing great!!

7. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: congrats!!!!

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Due Dates
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2)
    September 21 - babybunnylove
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2)
    September 27 - Mae (#2) , Dolphin (#3) , Mrs Cotton Candy (#2), pmh2400 (#1)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1) , sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Births (Scheduled)
    September 25 - Mae

Babies!
    Banana330 - Baby Girl is here!
    Cheesetomywhine - Baby Girl is here!
    YouGotMe - Baby Boy is here!
    Bibliolove - Baby Boy is here!
    annem1990 - Baby Boy is here!
    Mamag511 - Baby Boy is here!

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mamag511: Congrats!

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@babybunnylove: Congrats! hopefully baby is here and you're resting now!

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: Happy Due date!

12. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamag511: congrats!!

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: thanks! Unfortunately it passed uneventfully. I'm ready to throttle the next person who asks me how I'm feeling or wants to confirm that I somehow haven't shared news of the birth of my child with them. I feel 40 weeks pregnant. No one wants me to give birth more than I do right now!

14. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: thinking of you!

Baby moved down low again, yay! Wondering if I'll make it to my Monday appointment.

15. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I can't take much longer! Ready for this baby to come out. I've dropped too @StrawberryBee: and wondering the same if I'll make it to my appt next week.

16. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: You look great!

@StrawberryBee: ugh so annoying. I got a lot of that Monday at work "still here?!" Today was my last day in-office which was great because I know I'd get it again next Monday lol (also I just am excited to WFH next week! yoga pants!)

I'm feeling weird about things. I've wanted to VBAC so bad and it just didn't seem like it was going to happen. I got my c-section date now (9/25) but if I go into labor before that I'm going to try to VBAC. But now that I have my day I kind of feel like I don't want to go into labor...?! I don't know lol. I think I'm just scared. I've talked through the c-section now. It's a "known." I have a plan. I think if I actually go into labor now I might sorta freak out haha (prob won't happen though!)

A few cool things that were decided at my last appt-- My doc is going to use a surgical drape with a plastic window in it so I can see him pulling her out of me! This will be totally new because my last c-section was urgent and unplanned and there was some concern about my daughter being okay so everything was just about getting her out fast not about the experience. Getting to see this one fresh and gooey is going to be cool! lol. Also my doc said as long as everything is going well and I'm not bleeding a lot or anything, we can do delayed cord clamping even with the c-section! So I'm pretty pumped that as much as possible, this will be closer to what I wanted than I thought

17. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

So excited to see all these babies coming!!!

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: you look both adorable and ready to pop ;). Hope it's not long for either of us!

I had the most awkward response to my maternity leave FYI email at work today: "I hope you have a wonderful experience." lol this from a guy I've never met in person.

@Mae: yoga pants ftw!

Labor is scary. It's a huge unknown and you just feel like a ticking time bomb. I'm both anxious to get this done and scared to have it start. That's so cool about the window and the delayed cord clamping! It sounds like your doctor has your best interests at heart.

19. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: ugh, getting my maternity leave situated has been sort of a PITA. I have a local supervisor and one at our NYC office. My local supervisor approved my request right away. My NYC supervisor never emailed me back after I emailed my exact dates last week after I got the c-section scheduled. Then he assigns me to this long term project yesterday. So I email him again like... fyi I have 4 days at work left.... I'm done the 20th..? "okay." Then he calls me yesterday afternoon to ask me again when I'm going. Like okay... lol. Also I reminded both of them 6 weeks ago I would definitely be gone by October, which is when we do our yearly reviews, and if they wanted to do mine before I leave we should do it by mid-September. Except it seems like everyone sort of forgot so it looks like I may have to do it next Thursday or Friday which are technically my first days of leave. I'm really ready to be d-o-n-e with work for a while!

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: ugh, that is completely a pain!! At least it'll all be dealt with soon. I hope they don't drag things out for you!

21. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

Our little man arrived on 9/14/2017. Was in labor at the hospital from 9/13 at 8:00 am until his arrival at 10:59 am. 8 lbs 13 oz, 22 1/4 inches long. He's doing well now and we were able to come home yesterday evening. We had a few stressful situations after he arrived and we spent 13 hours in special care nursery.

22. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: so glad to hear from you and that baby boy is ok and home 💗

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Due Dates
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2)
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2)
    September 27 - Mae (#2) , Dolphin (#3) , Mrs Cotton Candy (#2), pmh2400 (#1)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1) , sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Births (Scheduled)
    September 25 - Mae

Babies!
    Banana330 - Baby Girl is here!
    Cheesetomywhine - Baby Girl is here!
    YouGotMe - Baby Boy is here!
    Bibliolove - Baby Boy is here!
    annem1990 - Baby Boy is here!
    Mamag511 - Baby Boy is here!
    babybunnylove - Baby Boy is here!

24. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Mae: I had a late August baby, so lurked on September a little. Just wanted to say I was in your exact situation. Really wanting a VBAC my whole pregnancy, then had a few issues with low fluid the last 3 weeks. At 39 weeks I was done worrying about baby and about when/if I would go into labor and decided to do the c-section. Scheduled it for three days later and was immediately calmed knowing baby would be here then. My repeat section was a totally different experience than my first. No panic, no stress, the IV was the worst part!. I also had the clear top drape to see baby right away and a cool baby wearing band that let me hold her easier for skin to skin. My first section was under GA so these things meant so much to me. Recovery was also so much easier. I didn't even need to take more than Motrin. My 3.5 yr also understood better than I hoped that I couldn't lift her. She actually constantly asked to see my incision, haha. Sorry for the novel from a stranger, but I just wanted to say you've got this, no matter what happens!

25. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

I now have a second to write LO2's birth story!

I woke up from a nap at 130pm and my water broke just outside the bathroom floor. Up until this point I had nothing going on. I called DH and told him to come home from work (where he had only been for an hour) I then texted my friend at work who was going to be in the room with me. Before DH got home and we got into the car to drive to the hospital. My contractions started while I was waiting for him to get home and by the time he started timing them I was having minute long contractions every two minutes.

At labour and delivery, my friend met us and as I was getting my health card updated the nurse at the check in desk called the nurse who would be taking care of me and the OB to come get me right away due to the amount of contractions I was having while trying to talk to her. They checked me I was 4cm.

The nurse called for my epidural and they came right away. It took four tries to get it placed because the contractions were coming one on top of another. The nurse checked me again after it was placed and I was at 6cm.

DH had to leave at 345 for daycare pickup for LO1. We had multiple plans for LO1 and they all fell through. So he left and brought her to her aunts. At 4pm the nurse lost the heart beat of the baby so she called all her team in to come help. The epidural was so good I couldn't feel anything. The nurse kept asking me if I was having any pressure, but I couldn't feel anything. She finally realized I was ready to push at 520. As my friend was with me and she was mostly there for moral support they brought in a few more nurses to help. At 545, after maybe 5 pushes LO2 was born.

Our hospital practises delayed cord clamping and skin to skin as soon as possible however LO was struggling to breath they had to take him away to get suctioned. They are also a teaching hospital so I had a student nurse giving his stats and she originally told me he was 7lbs 11 oz. but as it turns out he was 7lbs 7oz.

My recovery has been mostly good and LO1 has been very excited to be a big sister. She's a little jealous at times.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Had my doctors appointment today. 3 cm, 75% effaced, and she stripped my membranes. That was about six hours ago. Had some random contractions at work (last day!), more when picking up DD from daycare, and have now been timing strong contractions for nearly an hour. Going to call my dr office soon to get permission to head to the hospital. Eek! And yeah, we still don't have a name.

27. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: eeeeek!!!

We didn't have a name either when I went into labour

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

And now of course they've disappeared! Wth 😭

Edit: spoke too soon, just got hit with the strongest one yet. But there was a 12 minute gap between them.

29. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@strawberrybee: good luck!! Hope they come back!!!'

30. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: I hope since you're past your due date that this is the start of the real thing!! Good luck and keep us updated!!

@babybunnylove: congratulations!!!

31. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@sojellybean: thank you so much for your story!

@YouGotMe: wow so fast! So glad everyone is doing well!

@StrawberryBee: omg can't wait for an update!! Congrats/good luck/you've got this mama!!!

32. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. K: @Boopers: @Mae: thanks ladies!

Omg I'm still in shock. Baby girl was born about three hours ago. By the time we got to the hospital the contractions were really hurting, much more than they did with DD. Got to L&D and into triage. They checked me and I was a 9.

Me: 😱 guess I'm not that much of a wimp!

So as you may have guessed, I ended up delivering without any meds. Definitely not part of the plan! They whisked me into a delivery room and baby's heart rate was in distress, so I pushed her out in three pushes (at one point they told me to pause and I said no, I can't!). And she's a peanut, which definitely helped: 5lb 6oz, freakishly long cord wrapped around her neck twice and body once. She's having some trouble regulating her body heat so they have her in the nursery under the warmer. All other vitals came back good, we nursed, did skin to skin, and she's got a set of lungs on her.

33. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

@strawberrybee yay congratulations!! That is such an exciting story. Crazy that you arrived at the hospital 9cm. Glad you and baby girl are doing well.

34. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@sugarbee: thank you! I love contraction counting apps, it's so interesting to see the progression (I was in labor for about two and a half hours before heading off to the hospital).

And just because I like to have a record of these things, I feel great; can already tell this will be a much easier recovery than DD. Had one small 1st degree tear. I still can't believe she's here.

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: love your birth story! I can't believe DH had to leave to do daycare pickup. Logistics with 2nd+ babies is so hard. So glad your friend was there for moral support and that things are going well!

36. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: hah I know. It wasnt ideal he had to leave. We didn't plan on this labour being so quick.

I'm super impressed when people don't get pain Meds. I don't think I could have done it congrats!!!

37. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: wow! What a story! Glad to hear you're both doing well!!! Enjoy the baby snuggles 😄

38. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: unfortunately I didn't have a choice 😂. Chalking it up to a life experience I have no intentions of ever repeating lol. Though this recovery can't be beat! I remember how sore I was with DD1 after pushing for an hour and a half.

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: thanks!

40. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: congrats!!! What an amazing birth!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee