Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Summer 2013 mamas chat thread.

1. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@tinypiglet: Are you spoon feeding her? We are still trying to get A interested in solids.

We have an exersaucer in the kitchen now and a more bouncy one in the bedroom just outside the bathroom door. So I have somewhere to set him in both places when I am cleaning up in the kitchen or cooking and getting ready in the bathroom. He loves it and was getting frustrated in the rock n play I was using because he just couldn't do as much. I think now is a great time!

@jh524: My friend's baby was born June 4 (just four days before my LO) and is about the same weight and height as yours. When we look at them next to each other, we can't believe they are the same age. But I get all her hand me downs. I can't believe he said "Mama" - I am going to die when A calls me mama for the first time!

2. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@jh524: Lucky duck! C has been on a "dada" kick for the past week or two. Can't wait til he says mama! I keep trying...

I should amend my last post... because sleep is awful over here right about now! He's going for his 6 month vaccines at the end of this week. They usually affect his sleep for a week or so. Guess I don't have to worry about that this time around!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. Anyone get anything fun? I got a lot of Amazon giftcards, and I think we're going to use them to buy a convertible car seat. We're looking at the Diono Radian RXT. Anyone get a convertible seat yet?

3. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

I, too, have been absent! Work has been getting the bed of me. I loved everyone's updates!

Our LO just turned 7 months earlier this week!

Height/Weight: Her 6 month appointment was on 12/5 and she was 13 lbs 8 oz. and 26.75 inches.

Milestones hit/working on: She sits independently now without wobbling (hasn't figured out how to get there on her own, but she sits well when we put her in that position) and learned today how to pull herself up on the side of her superyard. She is also working on crawling! She has been getting up on all fours and rocking forward, but hasn't actually crawled forward yet!

Favorite toys: jumperoo! She also likes her move and crawl ball.

Favorite foods: Rice cereal, sweet potatoes and pears. And milk!

How is sleep going?: Night sleep is finally getting better. It was great from 7 weeks to 5.5 months and then we were dealing with many night wake ups and ended up bringing her in bed with us. Now that we transitioned to crib, she is doing better. Naps are awful. It's embarrassing but I don't even know how to put her down during the day without falling asleep in the car or falling asleep in my arms after nursing.

What are you most looking forward to?: Each new day! Seems like she has really picked up the pace of learning new things and it is so fun to watch! She is so smiley and happy most of the time!

4. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

So my lo has been rolling to his tummy if he wakes up in the night. He's just started waking up multiple times a night so I think he may be teething. Anyways, he's never slept on his tummy and I'm not sure if I should be letting him, now that he's almost 6months. He's sleep with a positioner which puts him on his side. Now he rolls right over it. He is strong and can roll both ways and can hold his head up like a champ. Should I keep getting up and putting him back to his back or let him sleep on his tummy? What do you do? I was up 10 times last night for almost 2 hours just fighting with him to stay on his back.

5. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

@tlcbaby: Yes, I spoon feed her - she loves it! All purees for now and she is plowing her way through them. Peaches, bananas, and pears are particular favorites. And we did get a jumperoo for her for Christmas - $40 on Craigslist and it was like new! She lovvves it. Perfect for this age, I think.

@jh524: Is he going back to sleep on his tummy, or crying when he finds himself there? If he's going back to sleep, if it were me, I wouldn't stress about it. He's strong enough to move his head and body around and he's going to keep doing it! Cecelia has been sleeping in all positions these days (she's almost 6 1/2 months, but she's been doing it for months now). We don't have a monitor, so I'm sure she's been on her tummy quite a bit without me knowing!

6. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@tinypiglet: A is totally not going for any foods so tonight we finally mixed about 1/4 banana with some breastmilk and it was the best he has done, but he still didn't eat much.

7. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@tlcbaby: What all have you tried? C hates bananas, but he finally loved avocado at his third go at it. He also loved egg yolk.

And I could kill my husband for giving him one but... he also loves pickle spears. Ha!

8. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tinypiglet: he was screaming when he'd find himself on his tummy...made for a very tired baby and mommy. I was up 10 times one night! But I've been giving him play time in his crib during the day so the novelty of rolling in his crib wears off. So far its getting better. Last night he only woke three times but slept on his tummy most of the night! Also, my guy is teething so he isn't feeling the best lately.

How many times are you all feeding you lo's per day? I was feeding 5x but just dropped to 4 feedings a day. (EBF plus one solid) I just hope my supply doesn't get low. I've read that it can.

9. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@grizz: Haha well who doesn't love pickles? we tried carrots, prunes and bananas, both cut up and puréed, but he was not having it. Today was the first time he would even open his mouth for the spoon. I gave hit carrots earlier cut up into matchstick shapes and he picked it up and mushed it in his hands but never even tried to put it in his mouth.

10. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

Height/Weight: Finally made it to her 6 month checkup so i have stats! Girl is 27.5" tall and 18lbs. My big girl!!
    Milestones hit/working on: She can roll over both ways, sit up unassisted, and is working on crawling. She loves to stand up!
    Favorite toys: blocks! She also loves remote controls, and is obsessed with texture. She loves to feel things and make noises...today she could not stop crinkling the paper on the exam table
    Favorite foods: G decided she liked food on xmas break, and hasn't looked back. She loves carrot puree and orange slices, and enjoyed the heck out of a lemon slice lol
    How is sleep going? Good! She's in bed by 7pm and wakes 530-6am
    What are you most looking forward to? Crawling! Girl wants to moooove!!

Hope you guys are all doing great!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee