Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: so so sorry to hear this. I'm glad to hear you are doing ok and making peace with the situation and that baby A looks great.... baby A has a strong and resilient mama!

2. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: So sorry for your loss Happy that baby A is doing well. I will keep you in my thoughts!

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: oh I am so sorry
    So glad baby A is doing well, though! Hang in there little bean!!

4. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Oh gosh, so sorry to hear this update! Glad that Baby A is thriving, but so sorry to hear about Baby B.

5. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316; Oh wow. Glad to hear you're doing okay. I can't imagine the rollercoaster of shifting reality in the last weeks -- you've gone through maybe twins, maybe miscarrying, maybe singleton, twins, not twins... I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that the remainder of this pregnancy is a bit more easygoing.

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Is anyone experiencing any cramping/general achiness? I wouldn't call it cramps but more of a localized discomfort.

Also on a side note my fat stretchy pants are now getting tight in the waist by the end of the day. The scale hasn't moved but my bloat is crazy.

7. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: oh yeah, definitely crampy.

8. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Banana330: My pants all still fit. Differently and a lot less comfortably than they used to though.

At my exam & sono yesterday I was surprised by how much higher up in my belly my fundus is now. My uterus itself isn't big enough to be showing, but, it is definitely occupying space that I was previously using to store my bladder, intestines, and some chub.

I've actually dropped a few pounds due to trying to eat more healthfully and extremely persistent but thankfully mild nausea. I am decidedly not "showing", but, I do look a bit thicker and lumpier.

9. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Banana330: I also have loooots of general acheyness. Some mysterious and unexplained; some clearly as a result of my breasts getting enormous, none of my bras fitting, and having my boob be in the way of my usual sleeping position.

I am really upset that my massage practice won't see pregnant clients until 14 weeks. All the stuff that was screwed up before I got pregnant is still screwy, plus new things hurt! I know they're worried about liability and being accused of causing a miscarriage -- but I would sign a liability waiver and I expect a lot of other preggos would too. I don't buy that massage can actually cause miscarriage; losses in the first tri are just really common and it is natural to try to pin such a random, senseless thing on some explicit cause.

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @lilyofthewest: good to hear I'm not the only one with this cramps/achiness! I'm wonder if it's the uterus stretching and baby growing....

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: oh goodness, am so sorry to hear this. I'll say prayers for you, and glad Baby A is OK. Hugs to you. XO

@Banana330: yes, I've had this too - it started the last couple of days - DH actually rubbed the side of my tummy and it helped it go away. I was up in the middle of the night this weekend with a weird ache in my back, but it did go away after stretching. I'm trying not to worry about any cramping - but my only experience with it so far has meant that I'm about to get my period! I have a rubber band around my jeans buttons today b/c they were a little tight!

@Mrs. Sunshine: what do your cramps feel like? Menstrual cramps, or just general achy-ness? Mine go back and forth. The doc has said as long as I don't have any spotting or bleeding, all is OK, but it's still strange. I've read on some other posts and sites that cramping can last through the entire pregnancy.

@lilyofthewest: that is annoying. I love massages and my doc also recommended waiting until the 2nd trimester. I'm literally counting the days until I can go - it's one of the treats I've always splurged on - I'm not a big shoes or clothes person, but massages and pedicures are treats I love!

12. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: usually period cramps but sometimes mild achy-ness. Last pregnancy they were far more intense than they are this time. Last time they would sometimes be so bad I couldn't breathe or think but everything was fine. This time they are much more mild but include back pain & leg cramps (as my period usually does too) & even yoga only helps for a small while.

13. Mrs. Sunshine

@lilyofthewest: @SunshineMcC: DH JUST tried to surprise book me a massage today & they told him they wouldn't do it I hope he tries again in a few weeks. lol

14. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: thanks so much for sharing - that gives me so much peace of mind! Not that I'm happy you're feeling this way, but happy to know I'm not alone and it's OK! XO! Hugs!

15. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: my pants still fit but they are not really all that comfy now. I need to get a bellaband so that I can wear them unbuttoned. I'm 10w1d today and I think my belly is half bloat half bump at this stage... there is a little bump first thing in the morning then a massive bloat by the end of the day!

@Mrs. Sunshine: @lilyofthewest: @SunshineMcC: I too have been getting all kinds of little cramps, aches and twinges. They don't really bother me, except for the twinges in my pelvic area which always make me feel anxious. Today I've had a bit of a pulling sensation too. Can't wait for my appointment next week! I also have lower back pain, but I think it's mostly because I stopped doing pilates when I got pregnant. I got some at-home dvds but I just have not been that motivated to use them. I hope to start some classes soon to ease the back pain - a massage would be lovely though too!

16. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

How is everyone going with the food aversions? I think mine are starting to ease up. I still can't face a salad or any dark leafy greens, but vegetables as a whole are more manageable now (though still not quite as enjoyable as pre-pregnancy!)

I'm trying to be healthier now that the aversions are passing but it's hard because my fridge and pantry are still stocked with all the processed, unhealthy, aversion-friendly foods!

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: mine are random & aren't always the same. I suddenly hate bell peppers, peanuts & grapes. & even sometimes thinking of eating chocolate makes me gag. I usually don't eat grains at all but I have just been having oatmeal in the am & just bought some while wheat bagels to have the rest of the week. Scrambled eggs are a no go but hard boiled are fine. I'm trying to have a citrus fruit with breakfast since it helps me & keeps me from solely starting the day on processed foods. Bananas are hit or miss with me.

18. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: oh no problem! So far this baby is being more gentle with me than LO1 was. Sometimes it makes me feel concerned but I'm still having symptoms so I'm trying to remember every pregnancy is different!

19. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: so sorry about baby b! I'm hoping baby a stays nice and cozy in there!

@lulu22: I feel like I'm finally able to vary up my diet some more, but I've started throwing up within the past week so the mornings are rough. I have been eating more protein which is nice and makes me feel back to normal.

I've had lots of sharp aches, pains, cramping the past few days and I'm relieved to see others are having it too.

Work has me down for the count. I've been working long school days and I'm just so exhausted. I want to tell my team so badly but I'm waiting for my appt on Thursday to make sure everything is ok before I tell people at work.

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: I am so sorry to hear this! This is what I worry about often. I'll be praying for you.
    @lulu22: I'm just starting to feel like eating more...and boy have I! Lots of carbs lately!

21. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Mrs. Pinecone316: I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this, when it should be the happiest time of your life. So happy that Baby A is doing well, however! He/she will be loved so much by his/her incredibly strong momma!

22. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: just came on to ask. A lot of cramping on my lower right side. Worse when I don't drink enough.

23. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Lulu22: What I haven't had in morning sickness I've made up for in food aversions. I haven't been able to eat beef, scrambled eggs, butter chicken (or any Indian food), or most sandwiches.

I'm currently away on a conference, and trying to hide that I'm pregnant from my co-worker. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I was so sick with the cold last week because it's now my excuse. My voice is still raspy and I'm still feeling dehydrated, even though I'm drinking more than enough, and consequently running to the washroom every chance I can get. This covers both my food aversions and the lack of drinking - "oh, I'm not ready to eat that yet, my mom made it last week when I was sick and it didn't sit well with me," and "my stomach isn't quite recovered enough for booze." My co-worker, really a friend, said yesterday that when my husband and I get pregnant, he's going to sign us both up for every trip so I can be his DD. I couldn't tell him that I already am! Funny thing is, he will be the first one I tell at work, but I want to wait until the end of the month, which will put me into the 2nd tri.

24. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Another funny work story is that another guy guessed that I was pregnant (with triplets actually) the day that I went to the doc to confirm with a POAS that I was pregnant.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'm in the military (RCAF) and so I was actually at sick parade (basically, you show up without an appt), and him and another slightly more senior co-worker were both there. The more senior person asked, even though you're not supposed to, what was wrong with me, cause she didn't want to get sick and hoped I wasn't contagious. I was 5w0d and definitely wasn't telling anyone yet, so I just mumbled, "nope, nothing contagious." The guy said, laughing, "ah, I know, you're pregnant with triplets!" "No, no way," I exclaimed, shaking my head emphatically.

So, more than one person at work is going to be overjoyed that I'm pregnant, as well as find it a little funny that they kept guessing. We have a very progressive policy in Canada, with a year of maternity/paternity leave between the couple, and full pay, so I don't expect any issues. There are mostly men in my office, and they all make comments about when I have a kid, like a bunch of gossiping old ladies!

25. Mrs. Sunshine

@Astro Bee: haha. Aww. That makes it all the more exciting when you can spill the beans!

26. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

For everyone (too many to name) that has been having cramps and pains, I've been having them, too. Usually it has just been an awareness that there's something "down there." But if I had to localize it, I'd say it's like someone's clamping down on my cervix, though it doesn't hurt. On Saturday, however, I was getting sharp, stabbing pains in the vicinity of my uterus; on both sides, though more frequently on the right. They'd only last 2-3 secs but I had them about 5-6 times that morning. They didn't get worse, and they went away, with no bleeding. Still, I was a little worried. Anyone else's sound like that?

Crazy lots of posting tonight, but I've been away from the boards for a few days due to travel, and now I'm just sitting in my hotel room, waiting to feel sleepy! You ladies are good company!

27. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I know, I almost told my friend yesterday. I know he'd keep quiet until I told our boss, but I at least want to wait until I have my first us next week.

@Marionberry: Great idea with the appt list, so easy for us to keep up to date.

@Pawprints: Keep up the good work with the calendar. It will be interesting to see in 7 months how many people actually land on or get close to their due date!

28. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Astro Bee: that is exactly how I would describe mine. A sharp short pain on either side (but more on the right).

29. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Banana330: I look literally 20 weeks pregnant at 8 weeks - I am so big and it's so clearly pregnancy. I have been wearing layers and blazers and I even bought a big scarf to try and cover up!

@lulu22: I have crazy food aversions - lots of them to almost everything. The only thing I can reliably eat is green apples and cheese, and sour candies. Oh and lemonade! Sour is where it's at this pregnancy. I basically can't eat anything else - no meats, no veggies, not even simple carbs are doing it this pregnancy.

30. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: I've pretty much embraced my bump already. It's just too large to pretend it doesn't exist or hide it under things. At least I can blame it on twins. In reality it's just that this uterus is already used to expanding.

31. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Brownie: I hope it goes away for you soon. For me the pain was so sharp that it took my breath away. That was the day before my vacation ended, so my Mom was there. She was really worried and keeps asking if they've come back. So far, no!

32. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

So I've now thrown up 5x, which I know, is nothing compared to most of you. The details are: 2x due to motion sickness, 2x due to gagging on my toothbrush/toothpaste (inc once today at my conference - thankfully, no one was in the washroom with me, since I didn't have any warning and did it in the sink!!!), and once just now due to acid reflux from my cranberry juice. I didn't think the last two were possible. What is this baby doing to me!?!

Incidentally, a friend of mine told me she once called her baby her little parasite (lovingly, of course!) because it had taken over her body and made it do strange things. I was complaining of the SEVERE gas pains and bloating I was experiencing at the time, now thankfully gone for the most part.

33. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Astro Bee: I find it is worse if I haven't been drinking enough water. Or if I have been working too hard (teaching gymnastics, so moving mats and lifting kids).

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

i still have crazy food aversions and can basically eat nothing. it is awful and i feel SO unhealthy because for some reason allt he things i seem to be able to get down are children's food like kraft dinner and alphagettis haha.
    my pills seem to be wearing off really early in the evening and i have thrown up again the last two nights. so i've started taking more and we'll see if that helps.
    i am so sick with a cough and cold right now which is awful... my coughing fits trigger my sensitive gag reflex and it's just a mess. i feel like a disaster!

i am still getting some cramping on my lower left side only. more like quick twinges than anything and exactly what i felt when i had implantation (i think), but that's it. i have lots of lower back pain and i think it's because i'm a stomach sleeper and my huge boobs have become unruly. gonna need to train myself to sleep on my side soon... ugh.

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: I got my DH to lightly rub it and it did help a little.
    @brownie: mines mostly on my right too.
    @Rockies11: @lulu22: I'm a bit worried about shirts, I'm getting some maternity jeans on friday (a friends bringing them from the UK) but I think i need to go out and get some longer looser shirts. I feel as if i've been rotating 4 shirts for the last few weeks.

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I can't actually think about food.. my DH was asking what I wanted for lunch.. I had to stop him from listing options as it was making me gag. i've only had subway veggie subs this week. the only salad I can handle is vegan ceasar and i'm pretty much avoiding anything other than basic carbs.

@loki: the meds are making me feel better in the mornings for sure, I still gag alot in the kitchen but early afternoon/evenings I'm a mess. I think I might have to start taking my lunchtime pill around 2pm and see if that helps.

37. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Surprisingly, I am not really showing yet. I thought I was starting to, but I took an 11 week picture on Saturday and my stomach was flat (well as "flat" as my stomach will ever be, which isn't saying much). My mom was surprised, she said she showed pretty much immediately with me (I'm her second).

I guess I have had a little bit of cramping, but I think it mostly just gas.

So excited! Last night I was able to find baby's heartbeat with my home doppler! I didn't think it would be possible this early (11w 3d), but after looking for awhile I heard that very fast little heartbeat!

38. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Oh, and as far as food aversions, I don't really have any in particular. Food in general is just blah. Doesn't matter if I eat or don't eat, the general nausea is still there. I cannot wait for this to subside...it's really getting annoying. Although I know I don't have it as bad as many of you. I don't know how you guys deal!

39. Mrs. Sunshine

@Rockies11: I've been eating grapefruit & Lome Popsicles like my life depends on it. Peppermint tea helps me too, although I can't have it directly before or after something sour though lol

40. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: I don't have it that bad either but seriously, it still sucks. I just told DH last night that I wish I just didn't have to eat at all because both eating & not is such a struggle.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee