Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: I've had a few sharp, stabbing pains too - one that took my breath away, but then passed. Mine mostly just come at night , when it's about time for bed. Makes me feel better to hear others having similar feelings. I have an appt tomorrow and am planning to chat with the doc on what's ok and not.

@lulu22: my food aversions are still there.. For me it's a lot about certain textures that I can't do, and red meat and chicken are a no go. Lots of carbs here too, and I've been craving Chinese food lots too - we've had it once a week the past. Couple of weeks. My nausea is getting better this week, which is good. Anyone else seeing a break in nausea?

@loki: So sorry you're sick, that sucks! Hopefully you have an awesome appointment today that makes you smile!

@NeekieRose: that's so cool you found the heartbeat at home! I think I'm definitely going to get one of those guys in a few weeks! Only at 9w6d today.

@Mrs. Sunshine: Popsicles have been a lifesaver for me too, especially the grape ones!

@Rockies11: No showing here yet, just lots of bloat. Last night was do crazy though (thank you, Chinese food) that it looked like a bump! I actually can't wait to be showing!

2. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

A couple questions for you ladies -

How much water are you drinking, on average per day? I'm around 64 ounces, but find it hard to get much more than that down. Any helpful tricks for drinking lots?

This is my first pregnancy, so all is new and I noticed the past few days when I woke up and stretched, my upper abs were super super tight. Is this from things expanding inside below there? Any ideas? Or maybe I just need to exercise more!!

I just have to say what a blessing this board and you all have been for me so far in this pregnancy, especially as so few if my friends know our news. What an amazing and supportive group. I continue to keep you and your babies to be in my prayers!

3. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@SunshineMcC: with my first, I had really painful ab stretching in the first tri - somedays it felt like I had done 100 sit-ups or something! I had a petite frame with tight ab muscles, so I felt a lot of painful stretching early on in the abs and the ribcage (and throughout the pregnancy, if we're being honest). This pregnancy though, I am just huge in the belly, but everything is already pre-stretched, lol.

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: I try to drink about 100 oz a day. At least at work. I have a 24 oz straw tumbler that I fill up at least 4 time, sometimes make it to the fifth. I am not nearly as good at home. The straw cup definitely helps, I swear you drink more through a straw.

Not sure about the abs...I've not noticed that.

These due date groups really are fantastic! It's great to have other women to talk to that are going through the same things!

5. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: good idea on the tumbler. I had one but I put it in the dishwasher and it melted! I think you're right about the straw!

@Rockies11: thanks for your input... Good to know. It's the strangest feeling, but just like a stretching and I've definitely not been doing sit-ups!

6. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@SunshineMcC: I domt remember it last time but I definitely feel about tightness/tiredness with this one. I have super high water needs even when I'm not pregnant. I have 2 reusable water bottles & a huge (like 32oz) straw cup with a lid & handle I got from the hospital last time I gave birth. Fill those with water helps me drink more than using a glass for some reason. I average around 140 to 160 ounces a day & im still extremely thirsty. I would definitely get something you can fill with water & carry around with you

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: i am REALLY struggling to get enough water. i have a huge bottle at work and i used to fill it up like 3 times a day. now i struggle to finish it just once... water makes me gaggy. so i am finding it tough but really making an effort.

in the really early says i noticed a lot of ab pain, like i did a ton of crunches, but now it seems to have dissipated.

8. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: wow, that's awesome! I've always been bad about getting enough water in and know it's so important now! Thanks for sharing. Looks like I'll be going shopping for some new tumblers soon!

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: I drink 3-5 litres a day.. but i always drank that much. I dehydrate really easily so I need tons of liquid just to keep me happy.

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: ugh, me too! I'm wondering if my jack of water has contributed to some of my cramping too. I hear you in the effort thing. It's been hard for me too, but I know it's important so trying to find ways to incorporate. I'm better at drinking a lot in a few settings than sipping on water all day. I'm going to get a fun cup or something and hope that helps!

@banana330: that's awesome. You guys are reinforcing that I need to be drinking more!

11. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: @loki: maybe try drinking it super cold?? I start struggling if my water starts getting to room temp...also, if I'm feeling really really bad sparkling Lemon-Lime water helps me a lot.

12. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Good call on the cold water! I was just thinking that part of the reason I drink more at work is it is nice and cold from the cooler, where my water at home tends to get warmer quicker.

13. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Rockies11: yes sour is so good! Im trying to stick to sour fruits to avoid sour candies but the candies are good too! Pineapple is my favorite snack lately, especially if I'm feeling queasy.

14. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @SunshineMcC: @loki: I am struggling with water too, the more I drink, the more bloated I get the more nausea I get.... I'm going to try the cold water! Thanks for that tip! It makes sense... I've been liking cold sparkling mineral water... a good alternative if you want something fizzy but don't want sugary soda.

15. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

Going for another ultrasound tomorrow morning and nervous as always!! The diclegis hasn't been helping me all that much. Today I didn't just dry heave, but threw up for the first time. Mornings and afternoons are the worst for me for nausea. I nap every afternoon when my son naps and immediately after waking I feel so sick, just like in the morning.

My food aversions are really getting much stronger the last few days. Just the smell of chicken, ham or beef is now really getting to me. Can't eat much meat anymore. Craving salty foods and sweets all the time!!

16. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Jenn23: Not sure where you are time wise, but I think it's supposed to peak around 9-10 weeks....I *think* mine has peaked. I still feel crappy, but I think not quite as bad as last week? It might just be in my head!!

17. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Jenn23: Good luck with your appointment tomorrow - I have one in the evening, and am nervous too - but focusing on being positive and trusting God that all will be well! Sorry to hear you're feeling so lousy - hopefully it passes soon. I'm jealous of your nap though - get some z's for me, please!

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Ladies! It's 4:01pm and I've already had 48 ounces of water for the day! Keeping it cold is helping, and really focusing on drinking even when I don't feel like it! Thanks for all of your suggestions!

19. makemake

olive / 63 posts

Hi all - I have barely been keeping up with this thread, it's blowing up!!! But congrats to all the new mamas I missed!

My latest news...

My morning sickness has been bad bad bad, but today it doesn't seem... Quite as bad? Could it be I'm rounding the bend?? I hope so, for my husband's sake. He probably can't take much more of this sexless, cold-sandwich-dinner lifestyle.

This morning I am 10 weeks and I had my first prenatal visit! I met my new OB for the first time and I really like her. We want to do things a little non-traditionally (no ultrasound until the 3rd trimester, no screenings) and she was so chill and supportive about it. She said I am in awesome health and that everything seems perfect. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler... It was cool to me but my husband thought it was AMAZING. Ha ha. It was awesome to see him get so stoked.

Now I'm back in bed, totally exhausted. Flavored seltzer water has been my best friend this month. And tiger's milk bars.

Now I'm going to go back and read the last few pages of posts from you guys. Have a lovely pregnant day today!

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Jenn23: I'm so jealous that you're in for an ultrasound again already. I don't get a visit until the 23rd and I have no idea if that will even include an ultrasound. Do you think it's easy for them to hear two hearbeats on a doppler? I've had horrible food aversions today. We went to lunch for a coworker's birthday and the second she said teriyaki I wanted to vomit. Blah!
    @makemake: I feel like this is exactly what my husband is thinking too - "He probably can't take much more of this sexless, cold-sandwich-dinner lifestyle." But I've at least tried to make basic meals like spaghetti and pasta so that we're both eating something. I spent a lot of weeks eating toast though and he had to make due.

21. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@makemake: OMG, laughing out loud here, just like @marionberry said! My nausea is starting to get better too, and I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, so maybe we are rounding the bend. Glad to hear your new doc is supporting your decisions - that's great!

22. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

Thanks for all the kind words and support ladies.

Hard to keep up with this thread! So sorry to see so many people feeling so sick. Hopefully just a few more weeks of this and everyone will start feeling better.

@Jenn23: Good luck with your u/s tomorrow!

23. makemake

olive / 63 posts

@marionberry: a real meal needs to happen soon in this household. I cannot stand the sights/smells in the kitchen, but I think I could explain to my husband how to make a big pot of beans and some rice. That would last us a few days with avocado & shredded cheese. He's not a chef at all so we shall see...

@SunshineMcC: yes! I hope so too for the both of us!!

24. BCHossley

apple seed / 2 posts

I'm new to Hellobee & I'm super excited to join ya'll!

EDD: April 11th (I've been at least 2 weeks early in the past so we'll see!)

How far along: 9 weeks, 4 days

First child? Nope, 3rd Daughter ~ 3 & Son ~ 19 months

First doctor appointment: August, 29th

Any symptoms so far? Sadly yes, extreme nausea/vomiting & fatigue

Who have you told? Everyone!

25. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@BCHossley: hi welcome! you're the only mama of two so far! I am a fellow extreme nausea and vomiting - can't wait for this part to get a bit better.

26. Mrs. Sunshine

@BCHossley: welcome!!! So exciting! We want 3 LO'S but we'll see how we feel after 2 arrives I can commiserate with fatigue. I don't remember it being this bad last time!!

27. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@BCHossley: Welcome! I will add you to the calendar.

28. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@BCHossley: welcome to our awesome group!

@Mrs.Pinecone316: it's totally hard to keep up with this thread!

@makemake: so great you got to hear the HB already! Your OB sounds great, I'm glad your appointment went well!

Hope everyone is doing well. Time is ticking by so slowly for me. I was hoping to have heard back from doctor about my scan last week that only revealed a sac. Maybe I'll call tomorrow. In the meantime, it's 8:30 and I've been in bed for an hour already.

Oh and I'm barely drinking water, it is so unappealing.

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@BCHossley: welcome! We're due date buddies.
    @delight: your dr didn't say anything when you only saw a sac? She didn't schedule another ultrasound or anything? I would def call tomorrow.

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@marionberry: I had it done at a separate clinic, not at my docs, on Friday. The ultrasound tech said the radiologist would look at it and send results to my doc. She thought my doc would order bloodwork and a follow up scan in a couple weeks. I just haven't heard anything yet from my doctor. He should have everything by now so I'll call tomorrow. The tech said that it just looked like I was early because she only saw the sac, but it was an abdominal scan so I feel that's pretty accurate for 6+3. I'm trying not to worry. I barfed this morning, that's good right?

31. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@delight: I had a scan at 5w6d and they couldn't even see a sac abdominally! A sac is totally normal at 6w3d.

32. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@BCHossley: Welcome! It's great to have another addition to our group.

On the water front, I'm also trying to drink loads of water. I have been finding it easier at work too, where I keep my big 1 L refillable bottle right next to my computer. At home, I'm usually (trying) to cook or napping. My husband likes really cold water, so several months ago I bought a bunch of BPA-free, reuseable glass and plastic bottles that we keep in the fridge for him. So much better than reusing or buying disposable bottles, and we wash them regularly. To help me drink more at home, he grabs one for me when he gets one for himself. Same goes for when he grabs a beer. I don't always finish them, but I am drinking more.

33. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@delight: Oh ya, for an abdominal ultrasound the fact that you could see that much that early is great. I just hate waiting, so I hope for your sake you don't have to much longer. A transvaginal ultrasound where you can see your little gummy bear will make you feel much better!

34. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

I have an u/s tomorrow and am nervous, but excited. I'll be 10 weeks. Any guidance on when you switch from a TV u/s to an abdominal one? Just curious what to expect tomorrow, or if it depends on the doc and the practice.

@BCHossley: welcome and congrats on number 3!

35. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@SunshineMcC: I had a abdominal at 7w2d, and you could see blob baby and heartbeat. the 2 before that were tv. I do think though, that it also depends on the machine and your body composition and so forth - I have 2 friends who had no signs of pregnancy on the abdominal at 8 weeks, with a perfect baby visualized on the tv. By 10 weeks, I think it would most definently be an abdominal.

36. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Rockies11: great, thanks! I've had several so far, given my history and all were tv, so trying to figure out what tomorrow will entail! Excited, and hoping to maybe hear the heartbeat, as we've only seen it so far!

37. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@BCHossley: welcome and congrats!

went for my ultrasound appointment last night and it went great! only one little bean in there but i kinda like that bean so it's okay he did abdominal but i guess wasn't getting a clear image so asked to do a TV. after he let my husband come in and we watched a little video of it squirming all over the place, it was so precious! my husband's face was AMAZING because it blew his mind. he said the heart rate was 167 and he said that's normal (is it?). and without me telling him he guessed i was 9w4d and gave me a due date of 9w3d. so measuring pretty perfectly!
    should i continue to go my by date based on my last period? or do you guys change based on what the tech says? so ease of the calendar i'm ok with sticking with april 12. but i kinda wanna go by his date because it makes me one day earlier is that crazy?!

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@BCHossley: Welcome

@loki: Good to hear your appointment went well. I moved my date according to the ultrasound.

9 weeks today! I have a midwife appointment today. But it's just a meet and greet. I'll have the same midwife I met last time when I had my MMC. I go to the OB for a quick ultrasound/Heartbeat check on tuesday. It can't come fast enough. 8w6d was when they stopped growing last time, and we didn't find out until a mid 9w ultrasound.

39. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: I think when the LMP and the measurements pretty much match up, they go with LMP as the official due date. Mine was one day off with LO #1, but LMP was which date was used. With this LO, because LMP and measured dates are way off due to long cycles, the tech said the go with the date from the first ultrasound!

40. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: Pre-pregnancy I drank a ton of water. Now it's just harder since it sometimes makes me feel yuck. I would guess I only get like, 48-64 ounces.

@BCHossley: Welcome!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee