Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@infertilish: I stopped cold turkey at 8 weeks with my first pregnancy (my son). I am still on them at 11 weeks right now. I'm not sure when we are stopping at this point.

The placenta should be taking over and you don't need as much progesterone these days.

2. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@infertilish: I was on progesterone after my IVF cycle and my RE told me to stop a week after my 7w u/s, which I'm noticing is a lot earlier than others who had IF treatment. I stopped, and everything's been peachy since then! Definitely talk to your doctor if you are nervous about it.

3. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Ladies, the hair-tie trick is great!! I am wearing a long-ish shirt, but it still rides up sometimes, so I'm also wearing a long scarf in front of it. But YAY to breaking out my favorite skinny jeans! This has opened a world of possibilities! So simple and elegant.

On a totally different note, I had to tell a coworker I didn't know very well that there was a ...ahem... stain on the back of her skirt a few minutes ago. SO uncomfortable, but I would've wanted to know, you know?? Ah, periods! Something I will NOT miss!

4. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@infertilish: We have a pregnancy after infertility thread that many of us IVF's are on so there are discussions about the progesterone as well as many other things on there!! I'm still on the PIO injections and will be until at least 10 or 11 weeks. My last IVF pregnancy I think I stopped them at 11 weeks.

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Yay!! Great news!!!!

I was inspired to make soup at the suggestions for non-meat foods so I just made a huge pot of Pasta Fagioli (Skinny Taste recipe that I love) and I'm feeling like I could eat the entire pot!!!

5. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@ineebee: oh man! That's embarrassing for her! It's so good that you told her though anytime I've ever noticed a stain I always wonder if someone saw it& didn't tell me.

6. infertilish

pea / 6 posts

Thanks so much, ladies! I will check out that other board. Sorry to clog it up here In other news, I will see my RE for the last time on Tuesday, and then my first appointment with the regular OB will be a week after that. I seriously cannot wait to get out of the first trimester. I know things can still happen, but there's something about the psychology of it all... @jenn23 - Pasta Fagioli sounds AMAZING right now!

7. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Thanks for the best wishes, everyone. I was a bit nervous but it all went really well. We saw baby, which kept jumping around like crazy. I'd heard how active they can be, but wow! Heart rate was 145 bpm, compared to 156 yesterday morning with the Doppler. Is that because of different errors associated with both devices, or does hr really fluctuate that much from day to day? Measurement was 60.7 mm, which put me at 12w3d instead of 12w. So my new edd is March 30, which puts my in March with Neekierose! I'll stay in this group though, and it is entirely possible I will deliver in April. NT measurement was 1 mm, which is less than the 3 they hope for (yay!), and the tech showed us the nasal bone, which is not present in 80% of Downs cases. Still won't know for sure (as a percentage chance of chromosomal abnormalities) until the 2 blood tests come back, but it's looking good so far! Whew!!!

Also, just found out one of my college friends is due on Apr 4th. We are meeting up for our 10 yr class reunion next weekend, and I will try to get her to join HB, and the April Mommas group. It's her second.

8. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Astro Bee: I asked my doctor because I feel like every ultrasound, the heart rate is just a little slower. He said that it is normal as long as it is between 120 and 170. He said that it depends on what they are doing etc. So if they are super active it can be faster.

So I have to believe him and not think about anything going wrong.

9. Mrs. Sunshine

@Astro Bee: that's great news!
    In another note, I'm super jealous of you ladies whose babies hop around. Neither this nor last pregnancy did either LO move around for us this early. Jessie did way later & kept putting her hands in front of her face when we got our 4D but she never did when she was tiny tiny. I think that would be so neat to see!

10. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Boopers @Happybluebird: I was told to drink 1 L 1 hr prior to my u/s. I drank 1.5 L, but I was too full according to the technician. She made me empty 1 1/2 styrofoam cups. I hated, I mean hated!, to stop peeing at 1.5! It's against nature, I tell you!!! But it's better to have too much, rather than too little. The texh can always have you empty your bladder slightly.

But anyway, she was able to see better after that, and took the measurements, and made copies for us. Then she had me empty completely (oh, what bliss!), and took some more pictures. Those actually came out more clear and contrasty, so we now have 8 pics. I didn't see anything resembling a little penis, although the umbilical cord was rather obvious, and the tech didn't point anything out. I guess we'll find out at the next u/s.

11. Mrs. Sunshine

@Astro Bee: @brownie: I never had two appointments back to back but my LO'S hr was never the same twice & always varied by quite a bit!

12. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Brownie: that's good to know. I didn't want to ask the tech.

@Mrs. Sunshine: our LO kept putting its hand up today, too, and even did a few fist pumps. It's legs were crossed at the ankle, like it was casually hanging out in my womb! Lol! So cool to see all the features, and limbs.

13. Mrs. Sunshine

@Astro Bee: haha "oh ya know, just floating around mom! See ya in a few months!"

14. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Astro Bee: Yay for all the good news! The heart rate does vary from device to device, and also it depends on what the baby is doing, so it would be totally normal to have a fluctuation like that, if it wasn't device related. I always have to pee out a bit because I overfill, and the ultrasound clinics here are always running behind (which should be against the law!) and stopping peeing after a cup or whatever is the worst feeling ever!

I just remembered that there's a candy store in my building and i just ran down there and bought like 10,000 sour candies. Yum! Someone at my office was like "is that for your daughter"? Um, no, I would not feed my 14 month old 10,000 candies.

15. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: lol! I told hubby that baby was bouncing around and waving!

@Rockies11: yum, candy! I have such a sweet tooth, but whenever I indulge lately, but stomach hates me!

I just spent an hr in the mall (shoe-shopping for my bil's wedding on Saturday) without my water bottle, which I immediately regretted leaving in the car the minute I entered the building. You would think I would have drank enough water today already. Although I've already peed 6x today. Come on, water stay where you're needed! Back in the car, with water, plus shoes and a new purse! Yay!

16. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Astro Bee: congrats on the great ultrasound! it's so crazy to see them bouncing around so much and to know that you are not even feeling ANY of it! so much fun to see!

@ineebee: yay glad the hair-tie trick works! hooray for getting back in the skinny jeans!

So I had my cardiology appointment today. I was there for almost three hours by the time they ran all the tests and did an ultrasound of my heart. To be honest, the cardiologist didn't seem all that concerned which was a huge relief! I now have a patch with a button stuck to my chest for the next two weeks and it measures every heart beat and I press the button when I'm having symptoms and record what I'm feeling in a little notebook. Then it all gets analyzed at the end of the two weeks and hopefully we will know what's going on. In my almost-30 years of heart monitors/devices, this is the first time something so high-tech has been available, technology is so amazing!

So I'm feeling much better today. Just knowing that my every heart beat is being monitored for the next 2 weeks is very reassuring. Now I can get excited for my NT scan next week (which my OB said "is so fun, you guys are gonna love it" (Regarding the full bladder - I was told to drink 600ml of water 30mins before the appointment... guess it differs everywhere.)

17. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: congrats on a great appointment! Thanks for the details on the NT scan and specifically what they're looking for, in terms of measurements and the nasal bone. Mine is Tuesday, so have been wondering what to expect. I hope the doc will share those details right away! Yay for new shoes !

So I did some more checking on the MaterniT21 test to see if we could get it covered, but is a no go. I guess because the company has now contracted with insurance companies, they don't offer any direct deals, at least in Illinois. And my doc said that AMA isn't considered a medical necessity. We won't be paying over $2K out of pocket, so hopefully all is well with the screening, and we won't have a medical reason to get it. I'm totally fine waiting until 20 weeks for gender!

I told another close girlfriend today and she was so sweet and supportive and offered to go maternity clothes shopping with me. Girlfriends rock!

On the agenda tonight: Chinese food and catching up in Season 1 of The Blacklist with DH!

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: so glad your appointment went well today! I'm sure it's super relieving to know hours being monitored too. Technology is amazing! What was your OB referring to about the NT scan being fun? Is it because you can see so much more at 12 weeks or was she being sarcastic? They might seem like a silly question, just trying up figure out what to expect! Ours is on Tues!

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: sounds like a very laid-back little one! Glad you got to see baby moving!!

20. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: my OB said the NT scan was fun because you get to see so much. She said that the machines they use at the NT scan clinic are much much better quality than the ones in the OB clinic and that we should be able to see really nice, clear pictures of our baby. And she said it's a longer scan so we get to "spend lots of time with our baby".... as opposed to the kind of rushed OB clinic scans. She's a sweet lady and was genuine in saying it would be fun! I think someone on this board also mentioned a couple of weeks back that the NT scan was a good one for them last time, as they got to see so much.

21. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: oh I'm so glad to hear that your doctor didn't seem too concerned! & technology is amazing! It's so cool how you can go about living your life while still being monitored 24 hours a day for two weeks.

22. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Lulu22: I'm glad that your appt went well, and that you have the ability to monitor and record your heart for the next two weeks. Technology really is cool!

@SunshineMcC: Sorry that your company doesn't provide the Maternity21 test; I guess we'll all be waiting another month or two to find out whether we're Team Blue/Pink.

The NT u/s was pretty long, although I have nothing to compare it to. The technician did 3 measurements of the NT and crown to rump length, which the took the average of, due to movements. She also took images and measurements of my ovaries and uterus, and images of arms, legs, head (she pointed out both hemispheres) spine, and umbilical cord, pointing out everything as she went. She was also really patient when baby slowed down and wasn't in a good position for the measurements, waiting for it to jump up again. Once the measurements were all done, and I was able to go pee fully, she brought me back in and we took our time looking at baby from all angles. All in all, it was probably 20+ minutes.

23. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

So yeah, it was fun!!!

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@infertilish: I'm on supplements and 10w today y doc said to stop them at 11w. I'm nervous but actually excited to be done with them

25. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@infertilish: don't feel bad about asking! I just wanted to make sure you knew there were other people who could support you since I couldn't!

26. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

So I'm pretty sure we just heard both heartbeats on our home doppler. So much fun!

27. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Marionberry: So exciting!!! Can you notice a difference in their heartbeats? From minute to minute I'm going to assume that they will have different levels of activity, and therefore, different heart rates. I've been thinking of buying one myself, although they (along with everything is) is more difficult/expensive to get in Canada - I miss the days of living in the US!

28. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: oh, so cool! I had no idea it was a different kind of scan. That's really exciting! DH is coming with me too, so that will be near to look forward to!

@Astro Bee: wow, 20 minutes is long, that's so great!!

@marionberry: that's amazing!!! I think I'm totally going to get a Doppler!

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Astro Bee: You can tell because they're in different places and at different rates within just a couple seconds of moving the wand, so it's unlikely one just moved. You don't get great readings right now but it's cool to get to hear them.
    @SunshineMcC: They're the best! I have the sonoline fetal doppler and I totally recommend it.

If you're one that will worry if you don't hear the heartbeat right now though beware. If you have an anterior placenta you may not be able to hear the heartbeat for quite awhile.

30. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lulu22: so glad your appointment went well!

31. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@PawPrints: good luck with your scan today - thinking of you! x

32. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Friday! This week is totally catching up with me. I can't wait to go home and crawl into bed in a few hours! I was supposed to go to the beach with my mom this weekend, but she's sick, so DH gets to pamper me all weekend instead.

What are you gals up to this weekend?

33. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

I figured I would post the list again, since the most recent one was a few pages back. I updated @Astro Bee 's due date but I'm not sure if I missed anything else.

@PawPrints: Hope your appointment goes well!

Next Appointment

9/19 Nuchal Scan - PawPrints
    9/22- HappyBluebird, Boopers (NT)
    9/23 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), SunshineMcC (NT scan & MaterniT21 testing)
    9/24 - Lulu22 - NT Scan, As Tome Goes By
    9/25- Happy Bluebird -NT Scan
    9/30 – NeekieRose (#2)
    10/02 - Banana330 - NT Scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates

3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee, Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/13 – Mrs.Sunshine (#2)
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23
    4/28 – Delight (#2)

34. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@SunshineMcC: Sorry about your canceled plans! Hope your DH pampers you well!

This weekend we are having dinner with the in-laws and I am finishing sewing/crocheting some gifts I'm making for some ladies I know who are having babies/baby showers soon. Other than that I will be relaxing with DH

35. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Astro Bee: yah for another March mom crashing the April board!

Tonight I am going to my favorite consignment sale. I'm a total consignment sale junkie. I am not a fan of consignment shops (haven't been to many). But I absolutely love the week/weekend long sales. For any first time moms, I would definitely recommend checking them out. Here is a pretty goo website that lists sales in your location: http://consignmentmommies.com/

I went to one when I was only 12 weeks with DD, seeing the price on hardly worn clothes ($1-4) made it pretty much impossible for me to buy any clothes at retail. To this day, I have still bought very, very few pieces of baby clothes at retail. I was also able to get a lot of toys/gear for so cheap.

So that's my service announcement for the day, hah.

36. Mrs. Sunshine

Adding my new EDD & appointment

Next Appointment
    9/19 Nuchal Scan - PawPrints
    9/22- HappyBluebird, Boopers (NT)
    9/23 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), SunshineMcC (NT scan & MaterniT21 testing)
    9/24 - Lulu22 - NT Scan, As Tome Goes By
    9/25- Happy Bluebird -NT Scan
    9/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    9/30 – NeekieRose (#2)
    10/02 - Banana330 - NT Scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee, Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23
    4/28 – Delight (#2)

37. Mrs. Sunshine

I don't have any plans this weekend! At least not yet anyway. Maybe something will come up but we're okay if it doesnt. We've had a busy past two weeks.

38. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@SunshineMcC: I have my gymnast's first meet saturday morning and then we are off to Dland for the rest of the weekend. Super busy/exciting weekend.

39. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Ugh, had to leave work early today because I feel so sick. I was in the bathroom at work several times thinking I was going to throw up after lunch. Nothing happened but I have an awful pain under my ribs and I'm so bloated and just want to go home and lay down.

Has anyone ever experienced really bad gas or indigestion that sounds like that? Am wondering if that might be what's causing it. Sorry to complain. Ugh.

40. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: ugh yes I have bad gas and it also feels like water retention at times. Sometimes it feels like all the gas/water is trapped up near my ribs. I'm sorry you are feeling sick hang in there... it's almost the weekend!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee