Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: thanks! yes, that's exactly what it feels like. It helps if I sit up really straight, but is really painful. I (of course) googled it, and pain under the right ribs/breast seems to be fairly common, which makes me feel a bit better. Glad I have an appt on Tuesday coming up.

2. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

NT scan this morning was incredible. The little critter was practically doing the backstroke in there, stretching out her legs and kicking and waving and sliding all over the place. DH was beaming. We got a lot of great photos. Nasal bone is present and NT measurement is one millimeter so we are very happy. I hope the blood results come back quickly.

We asked the tech if she had a guess as to the sex and she said "Don't paint the walls yet" but she thinks it's a girl. Apparently her record on sex-guessing at NT scans is 28 correct and only 2 incorrect. I am pretty excited for a girl, I have to say.

Oh and the baby is measuring ahead! She put the due date at April 2. But when I asked if I should tell people my due date is 4/2 instead of 4/7 she said to stick with the date I got at the 6-week ultrasound since those are actually more accurate than the estimates you get later in pregnancy. I had no idea. So we will stick with April 7. But it's great to know he/she is growing fast.

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@PawPrints: great news!

4. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@PawPrints: yay! great news - so happy it was a good ultrasound! And great that your little one is growing so well!

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@PawPrints: ahh I'm so excited beyond belief for you!

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@PawPrints: So happy you had a great appointment and got to see your little babe moving all around! Can't wait for ours next Thursday

7. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@PawPrints: congrats on the great u/s results. So exciting to see them jumping around in there, isn't it? I didn't think to ask the tech if she thought boy or girl. I definitely didn't see anything obviously male, but knows, it's still so early.

8. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: Congrats on a good NT scan! My friend asked her u/s tech about sex and she guessed girl but a blood test done a week later officially said boy so just beware they can be wrong, but hoping yours is right if you want a girl!

9. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@infertilish: my RE is making me stay on progesterone until 12 weeks 6 days. I'm so envious of you stopping now! I can't understand why I need to stay on it so long when my progesterone levels are SO high.

10. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@PawPrints: aww sounds like it went great! Excited for mine:)

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PawPrints: that sounds like an amazing NT scan. I remember the 12 week scan being so, so awesome because the baby fits on the screen so well and you can see everything. It's hard to capture baby in one shot later on. I hope you get the full results quickly but sounds like everything is going great!
    @Astro Bee: congrats on a great NT scan too! I can't wait for mine but I'm still a few weeks away!
    @lulubee: I'm so glad your cardio appointment went well and that you're being monitored. I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy from here on out!

I broke out some maternity pants yesterday. My SIL has all my stuff and she is due in October so I borrowed a couple pairs from my best friend. We haven't told family yet so I think it's be a bit obvious if I asked my SIL for some pants back oh man, maternity pants are comfy! I was trying the bellaband thing but I just find it annoying.

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Adding my new EDD & appointment. Wow I can't believe there are Anatomy scans booked already!

Next Appointment
    9/19 Nuchal Scan - PawPrints
    9/22- HappyBluebird, Boopers (NT)
    9/23 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), SunshineMcC (NT scan & MaterniT21 testing)
    9/24 - Lulu22 - NT Scan, As Time Goes By
    9/25- Happy Bluebird -NT Scan
    9/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    9/30 – NeekieRose (#2)
    10/02 - Banana330 - NT Scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee, Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

13. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Thanks everyone! Good luck to all with upcoming NT scans and appointments.

Here's the calendar, I added Princess Kate on the 17th just because I think she's probably due around mid-month or a week after that, and nobody else had that date. Please let me know if I messed up anybody's date or anything else.

14. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@PawPrints: haha! Love it

15. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@PawPrints: love the Kate addition, lol!

16. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@PawPrints: Lol love the addition!

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PawPrints: haha you're hilarious! Love that Kate is on it. Thanks for changing mine.

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@PawPrints: that's hilarious!

How was everyone's weekend?

I'm still feeling sick and really ready for that to pass. Yesterday was probably the worst I've felt this whole pregnancy. Then I couldn't fall asleep and I'm exhausted today.

Also, the hormones have officially kicked in and I've been an emotional mess all weekend! I cried on Saturday thinking about the baby not having any grandparents living close by. Then I cried yesterday after I threw up for the third time. DH didn't quite know what to do! Lol

NT appt is today and I'm hoping all goes well. If it does we will officially announce tonight or tomorrow!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: I feel ya. I'm feeling worse not better. Good luck at the NT today!

After being away for a week, as soon as we got home, I walked in the kitchen and started gagging to throw up. My DH is really sick of doing all the cooking since I can barely even walk in the kitchen. Vacation was such a good break for him, and last night he was upset that I was still sick. We're both getting pretty frustrated by it all.

Any remedies for rooms you have to avoid? It's pretty clean but maybe we need a deep clean with a strong cleanser or something.

20. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Boopers: @Banana330: I'm sorry you guys are feeling worse. When you feel gross ALL the time, it's hard to imagine what it's like to feel normal, you know? I think that's what I miss the most - feeling normal.

Weekend was not super exciting, but it was productive, which is sometimes just as good! I still feel yuck and I'm still taking my Diclegis religiously. I'm just 10 weeks today, so I'm sure I have plenty of time before things start looking up.

21. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Boopers: I vomited water this morning so I feel ya. I felt pretty good most of the weekend though. My nausea really hits at night but I get to sleep through most of it &Saturday I made it the entire day without feeling bad at all! It just comes & goes for me. Hope your scan goes great today!

We actually bought a new car this weekend. Like brand new. I've never had anything newer than 2004 before & I am so so excited. We got a really great deal. That being said, car shopping was so much walking in the hot Texas sun for 2 days & I'm still feeling the effects.

22. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

My weekend was pretty low-key seeing my parents and in-laws this weekend. The most exciting part was finding 2 bras for $26 at Costco! I'm not in love with them but they're better than what I have so I think I'm just going to deal. If anyone is interested they go up to a generous D cup and are Calvin Klein.

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

sorry guys, i have been totally MIA because i have been sooooo sick. this morning (all day) sickness and cough/cold is kicking my ass. i worked from home a lot of last week and have just been miserable. the medication seems to not be working for me as well as it used to so i'm back to throwing up a lot and generally feeling horrible. i feel soooo bad for my DH because i literally cry like 10x a day because i'm so sick of feeling like this! blah. is it worth talking to my dr again or is the diclectin really all they can do?

i love the addition of Kate to our calendar... though I'm really hoping that b doesn't steal my thunder! haha jk jk.

@Boopers: i'm totally with you, i cry about everything. this weekend i went to see two girlfriends who have newborns and i was holding one and my friends left the room to answer the door and when they came back, i was holding this newborn just BAWLINGGGGGG... they were like WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? it just hit me i'm gonna have one of those and it was very overwhelming. also... i cry after i throw up every.single.time. cuz i'm just soooooooooooo tired of it and so sad. i googled pregnancy depression cuz i was like this can't be normal.

24. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I haven't been feeling sick; I've been feeling exhausted. I come home from work and then move as little as possible until I go to sleep. Our house is a wreck because of it, and I need to clean like mad today because I have a midwife appointment this afternoon (she comes here).

I've had a few days where I've really hated being pregnant because I can't take drugs that would really, really, really improve my quality of life. I was sick with a nasty cold last week and tylenol, benadryl and afrin were really not cutting it. I might have had a small temper tantrum over my inability to take naproxen and pseudoephedrine like I wanted to.

Saturday night/yesterday was pretty rough too. Around 9pm I was abruptly exhausted, dizzy, and faintly nauseous and I went to bed. Discovered at 3am that it was not pregnancy fatigue: it was migraine aura. I woke up with horrible stabby pain and looked at my bottle of tylenol with underwhelmed disgust.

I ended up deciding to add on a baby asprin (used to help prevent some kinds of loss and to reduce risk of pre-e, so can't be that bad) and a Vivrin (200mg caffeine). It kinda worked, but I was definitely still having some pain and symptoms most of the day yesterday.

Last night, woke up at 2am, couldn't sleep again until 5ish. I don't know if the insomnia was because my sleep was disrupted the prior night, or if it is a pregnancy thing, or what. Sleeping is usually my superpower. I can generally do it anywhere, any time. Doesn't matter if there lights are on, or if there's noise. Lately I've been waking up randomly in the middle of the night and sometimes having trouble going back to sleep after I get up to pee (2-3 times most nights).

But! In positive things, overall, I feel way better than I did when I was trying to get pregnant. I have endometriosis and/or adenomyosis and I was having pain for at least half of every cycle. No pain is so amazingly good even considering messed up sleep and feeling tired all the time.

25. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

oh, my heart goes out to all you ladies who are still so sick! Everyone has their ups and downs and complications but some of you seem to be getting more than your fair share... and it's NOT fair! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

@loki: I think it's definitely worth talking to your dr. Maybe you might respond better to a different drug, like Zofran or something?

I hit 12 weeks today! Pretty exciting, I feel like this is such a milestone. If my NT scan on Wednesday goes well then like @Boopers we will start sharing our news. We will only share with immediate family and local friends to start with... most of our close friends are overseas so there is no rush to tell everyone, and with the pregnancy being high risk, we'd rather be cautious and also wait until we know for sure what's going on with my heart. It does feel kind of extreme though... DH wants to wait till after the anatomy scan to 'go public'... I'm not sure I can wait that long!

26. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: oh congrats on reaching such an amazing milestone! i'm there on saturday and countign down the days. we originally wanted to wait until after NT scan results but i won't get the final blood work back until i'm like 17 weeks or something... and i definitely can't wait that long! so i think we'll start telling people next week. i'm excited for it just to be out in the open, especially at work so everyone will stop telling me all the medications i should be on for my cough! ha.

27. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@PawPrints: congrats on a great appointment! love that you added Kate to our calendar!

@Boopers: Good luck with your appointment today!!

@Mrs. Sunshine: congrats on the new car! I leased a new one 3 years ago - first time I ever had a new car, and it was so amazing - I felt so special!

@lilyofthewest: I've been dealing with insomnia too - so not fun. Last night I was awake every hour.

@lulu22: congrats on 12 weeks - so great!!

So I decided to tell my boss today about my news, as I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. I went home sick on Friday and will be out tomorrow morning for my NT scan. And he said he could tell - that aside from me being "smug and happy" recently, that he thought I might have a small baby bump. I was so surprised, because I didn't think it was noticeable at all, so now am paranoid about trying to cover it up!

I'd like to wait until 14 weeks until I tell others at work, but am now wondering if they're all talking about it and wondering?!

We have our NT scan tomorrow (I'll be 12 weeks!), and I'm really excited - still nervous, but excited. Like @lulu22, I feel like it's a big milestone, but am still being cautious. For those of us who've had loss before, I wonder if that feel of caution will ever truly go away until we're holding that newborn in our arms??

Also, question - what is an anatomy scan? When does it normally take place?

Happy Monday, all!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: hahaha smug and happy!!!! so funny.

i think the anatomy scan takes place around 20 weeks, no? and they measure all the parts of the anatomy and that is generally when you can determine gender, correct? this is my first so i might be making that up!

29. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: @SunshineMcC: yes, I think the anatomy scan is usually around 20 weeks and is a more detailed scan as you say loki. I think it might also be called a 'mid pregnancy scan' or an 'anomaly scan' but maybe I am getting it mixed up with other things... this is also my first so I'm just going by what I've read in books/the internet! Maybe the 2nd time moms can fill us in!

30. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: @lulu22: @SunshineMcC: The anatomy scan is around 20 weeks (here they won't book it before 22 weeks, but I think they will do it even at around the 18 week mark in the US). They do measurements of all the baby's parts to see whether they're all in line with each other (like growing all at the same pace, which can be a sign of problems), and look closely at things like their heart, kidneys, placenta, and check for umbilical cord problems. It is also in Canada when they will tell you the sex (because of sex selective abortion) but in the US they will tell you as early as 12 weeks. It's a long scan - maybe a half hour or 45 minutes, and you don't need to have a full bladder because the uterus is big enough by then for them to visualize everything clearly.

31. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

I also thought it was the best scan, because baby really looks like a baby, and they show you all the parts, and you can see hands and finger and stuff. Later ultrasounds, the baby is too big to really get a good look at the whole baby. You can see at the anatomy u/s the sex of the baby usually, so it gives you that peace of mind!

32. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Hi ladies. This morning I went in for my 12 week appointment and we were told our baby had stopped growing and no longer had a heartbeat. I, of course, am devastated at the news as is DH which makes it even harder if thats possible. I go in for my D&C on Thursday. It's been a rough morning for us but I wanted to log on and wish a happy and healthy pregnancy for the rest of you. You all have been so helpful with questions and are an amazing group of ladies. I will probably take a break from the TTC part of hellobee for a while and most likely hide this board in a few days. Best of luck and nothing but great thoughts for those of you on this board and your little babies.

33. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@HappyBluebird: oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear that! How devastating. You and your DH will be in my thoughts.

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@HappyBluebird: So sorry for your loss. I don't know if you've had a D&C before but if you want to ask any questions I had one in april. I found the mc boards a great support, it's nice to help you feel a bit less alone.

35. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HappyBluebird: i am so so sorry to hear this and for your loss. please take good care of yourself

36. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Rockies11: @Banana330: @loki: Thank you very much ladies!

@Banana330: I have not but I've posted in the loss group and I'm sure that I will get some great support

37. windswept

coffee bean / 36 posts

@HappyBluebird: I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'll be wishing for peace and healing for you and your DH.

38. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@HappyBluebird: biggest hugs, I am so so sorry.

Today at work I was kneeling down to work with a student and I bumped my leg on the leg of the table. I lost balance and fell onto my tailbone. I was already close to the ground and didn't fall very far down. My tailbone hurt immediately afterwards but feels fine now. I have no bleeding or cramping, so that's good. I called my doctor's office just to see if I should do anything and before I even finished telling them what happened they told me they want me to come in ASAP. So I have to go to my doctor after I go to the NT scan which is at a different office. I know they're being cautious, but now I'm so worried.

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@HappyBluebird: It wasn't nearly as physcially painful as I thought it would be. Just remember to take it really easy for the week after. Nothing too strenuous or vigorous, I went on a long but slow walk (like 8-10 km) and it was too much too soon.

40. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@HappyBluebird: I'm so, so sorry. ((((Hugs))))

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee