Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: oh my goodness! That must have been so surprising! Congrats on your little boy!

2. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: looks like you need to change me to blue. Dr was wrong at 15 weeks and we have a boy joining us this Spring.

3. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: Whaaaaaat??! Congratulations on your boy! Whoever said finding out deprived one of a surprise??!

So many boys on this board! I hope some of that blue magic rubs off on me - I would prefer a girl but DH would be so excited if he was getting a boy!

4. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: fingers crossed for you. hopefully you can get some good answers next week.

@Cherrybee: I know. I keep wondering what all these boys mean for those of us who have not found out...destined to be boys because a boy-heavy month, or girls to balance things out. Logically I know I makes no difference either way, but it's fun to speculate! Less than 2 weeks until I know!

5. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

Updated

4/3: BandDmommy:
    4/5: Surbro:, AMommyThang: , PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay:
    4/10: Rinna9:, GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime:
    4/18: MrsRoo: , Canoli:
    4/19: JH524:
    4/20: AKCoffeeBean:
    4/21: Lauraeva:, Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ:
    4/24: Bloved:, BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee:

6. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MaisyMay: Congrats!
    @bloved: Thank you!

7. Den mom

cherry / 126 posts

I haven't checked in for a while. We had a stomach virus about 3 weeks ago and have been on vacation the last 10 days. My nausea is pretty much gone now - yay, but my daughter has kindly shared her cold/chest congestion with me. We get home tomorrow and will visit the dr next week if cold/cough isn't better with OTC meds. I've felt some movement mostly early in the morning. My newest pregnancy symptom is dreaded heartburn. I don't remember it starting this early last time.

Hope everyone is doing well. We have our scan 12/1. I'm looking forward to seeing baby boy. Our dr doesn't allow children under 5 in the U/S room so we are thinking about going to one of the pay places for our daughter to see. Will anyone else with a toddler be taking them for the U/S? My daughter is 2.5yo.

8. Den mom

cherry / 126 posts

My mother bugging me to make an announcement on FB so this was our announcement (close friends and family knew a while ago).

9. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Den mom: we are taking our 3.5 year old to US Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Den mom: cute announcement!

11. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@mamabolt: we took our 2 year old to anatomy scan with DD and it was bad. Hope yours goes better!

12. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Den mom: How cute!

13. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Den mom: cute announcement!

14. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@MaisyMay: congrats on your boy!! What a surprise!
    @Den mom: adorable announcement!! I think the ultrasounds at the elective places are shorter than an anatomy scan typically lasts and they are geared for entertainment, so I'd be more comfortable trying to take a toddler with me to that.

15. Nibygd

pea / 13 posts

@Den mom: Adorable announcement! We still have not put anything on Facebook, although my dad has put his new grandpa T shirt we gave him up there.

Our anatomy scan is tomorrow. We're still team green, so hoping to NOT see anything obvious other than a healthy baby! ☺

16. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

I tried taking advantage of the snowfall yesterday to take our announcement pics. When I showed my sister she made us meet her before work and took some new ones. Here are the top two I am considering.

17. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@auggiefrog: oh my word, those are beautiful! Makes me want to leave FL and move to wherever you live! I like the second one as an announcement pic.

18. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@auggiefrog: I like the second as an announcement pic too. They are adorable!

19. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Den mom: very cute!

@auggiefrog: aah first snow! The second pic is perfect to announce.

20. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: beautiful photos. I agree, the second one highlights the pregnancy more.

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: beautiful!

22. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MrsRoo: @mamabolt: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @bloved: @BandDmommy: Thanks girls! I'm going to use the second one! I had my hand in front of my belly in too many of them, and it ended up hiding my budding baby belly. Ops.

@MrsRoo: Lol. A Wisconsin winter, never! I love it here, and would never move, but this scene becomes a little less appreciated come Feb, March, and even April.

23. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Den mom: @auggiefrog: your announcements are beautiful!

24. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Den mom: I took my 3 year old to a bunch of the U/S (not the anatomy one). I gave her my iPhone to entertain her during the "boring" parts (re: me talking to the dr), but she looked up to see her brother wave to her.

@auggiefrog: love your pics - I also think #2 is the one to use for an announcement.

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because with my daughter I didn't feel like the dr. did as thorough of a job as everyone else's dr. did. But, I also couldn't tell if he got distracted by the fact I had placenta prevea. So, I'm hoping tomorrow I feel like it's a thorough exam.

25. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

All looked great at our anatomy US today! LO is still definitely a boy. And we got this hilarious pic as well. Looks like we've got another LO with attitude on the way.

@Den mom: DD did ok today. She was super interested in the beginning and loved hearing the heartbeat, but there was so much looking at organs and stuff she didn't really understand and she lost interest. We distracted her with a video on the phone for the rest of the time. She was still super excited to show her friends the US pics when she got to school though! I'm not sorry we took her but not sure how much she got out of it either.

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@mamabolt: hahaha! That picture is hilarious

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@mamabolt: oh my goodness that is hysterical. Definitely one to save and show to your kiddo later!

28. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

Anatomy scan went ok. Dr was super rushed like always, took about 5 measurements and we were done in 5 min. All in all, it was very unsatisfying. Baby looks good, I guess - dr didn't mention anything besides him being a bit ahead of schedule (due date is 4/5 and he measured 4/1). The U/S pic I got was of the baby's spine, so he looks like a fillet of fish. Sigh. Happy news is that I'm feeling him move a ton, which I love!

29. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@mamabolt: Your photo made me laugh - perfect for a Monday!
    @poppygirl15: I am sorry your U/S was disappointing. When I told my coworker about my U/S from last week she was surprised that the dr talked with me at all. Seems like they can vary so much. At least you are feeling your LO move! I am waiting for that.

30. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@poppygirl15: sorry about your ultrasound! That would upset me too.

31. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@poppygirl15: I am sorry your appointment was anticlimactic. But glad everything is ok, and so great that you are feeling movement!

32. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@poppygirl15: I'm sorry.

33. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@poppygirl15: I'm sorry your appointment didn't go very well. It's annoying that your doctor didn't really explain anything!

@mamabolt: It's great that your anatomy scan went well and that your DD did okay during it!

My anatomy scan is tomorrow. There is a little change of plans though. I have an appointment with the genetic councilor first though. I have a feeling that she'll suggest an amnio, which, with the 1 in 188 chance that our baby will have spinal bifida, we are most likely going to decline. So we will see how that goes. I'm trying my best to stay positive through everything, but I'm still very nervous about the appointment tomorrow. I still can feel the baby moving, and I heard his or her heartbeat tonight, so those are good signs.

34. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@auggiefrog: Thinking of you today (its Tues here now)

35. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: thinking of you and hoping for a good appt

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@auggiefrog: sending you good thoughts!

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@auggiefrog: thinking of you today!

38. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Cherrybee: @JennyLayneAZ: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @bloved: Thanks girls!

I only have 5 minutes to update, so It'll be a quick one. My appointment with the genetic councilor went okay. She wasn't really concerned about spinal bifida as much as she was about other potential problems, or that this is related to the potential placenta issues. So it's just extra monitoring for me.

For the most part my snatomy scan went okay. Baby is measuring at 11 oz. Almost everything was good. There is the possibility of a hole in the babies heart though. So I'll be getting another ultrasound appointment via the heart center at the Children's Hopsital affiliated with my network soon. I have to wait for the nurses there to call me. I have another ultrasound on December 22nd to check the babies growth.

39. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@auggiefrog: not bad at all! What happens if the baby does have a hole in their heart? I think sometimes those close on their own. Your baby is over half a pound! Super cool

40. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: sounds like ok appointment. Hopefully everything is okay when you meet with heart center.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee