Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: The doctor And byalked to sounded like this was a possibility. It also might not be there in the first place. It was difficult to conclude from the ultrasound. So FX that if its there, it closes up!
    @BandDmommy: Thanks!

2. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@autumnleaves: @jennylayneaz: @bloved: @banddmommy: @auggiefrog: Thanks ladies! I made myself some fresh peanut butter cookies and served them up hot w/ ice cream and felt a little better. I'm trying to make like Elsa and let it go.
    @auggiefrog: sounds like it was an okay appointment! Glad to hear your doctors are so on top of everything.

Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

3. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: glad it sounds like an ok appt. my husband was born with a hole in his heart (39 years ago) and he is totally fine (and was even as a child- played sports and everything). Obviously I know there is a spectrum but just wanted to let you know that it can be okay.

4. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

How's it going girls?

I finally got the nursery cleaned out and painted yesterday (I only needed to paint two walls)! Now I just need furniture. We bought our car seat, stroller, bottles and some cloth diapers with Black Friday specials. It's super exciting finally doing things/ getting things for the baby. I just need to continue a daily pep talk to make sure the baby keeps on growing.

5. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: exciting!!!! We have done nothing. He will have hand me down car seat, etc. I have chosen decor and we need to order his furniture. Third child problems.

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

We are going with restoration hardware baby airplanes and dark furniture.

7. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: oh good for you with making progress. We are someone else who has done nothing. We need to clean out the office and turn it into a "big boy" room for my son since his current room is already a gender neutral nursery. I am hoping to get motivated to do stuff after my anatomy scan next week. I think between infertility and my early bleeds I have had a hard time embracing this pregnancy and am really hoping finding out the gender/ seeing the baby again will make it click that this is all real and we will (hopefully) get a take home baby at the end.

8. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well! I have my anatomy scan on wed.!! I can't wait to see baby brother 😊
    I feel so big, like I could pass for 9 months at the end of the day. I'm scared as to what will become of my tummy. Lol. But my In N Out visits surely didn't help. I feel insecure from my weight gain already, much more than i did in my last pregnancy. Anyone feel this way? I know there's much more to come too...ahh!!!!
    -------------------------------------------

What have you been craving?

Sweet: Halo's!!!! The lil tangerines! I've been eating 10 a day at least! I LOVE THEM🍊🍊🍊
    Salty: French Fries🍟

9. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@jh524: I am not too happy with my weight gain either. Last week I was up 10 lbs at the dr office - I like to think the boots maybe added 1 or 2 lbs.
    I've been eating a lot of pickles and salsa/chips. I'll eat salad but I've not been in the mood to make them as much as lately.
    @auggiefrog: That is great! We have to figure out the room situation - will LO1 move to the now guest room or will we keep the bed in the guest room and make it a nursery with a queen bed. I see my boys sharing a room down the road but not initially. We're planning to go to Ikea after Christmas and get a few things then.
    @bloved: I am the same way with not embracing the pregnancy as much as I would like to be - due to the early bleed and even the way the dr acted with the anatomy scan a few weeks ago and needing to go back to have some things looked at. He said everything looked good so far but I wish they would tell me if they have concerns. I am hoping/thinking after the next anatomy scan that I will feel like this is really happening.

10. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@bloved: I know how you feel. I was putting everything off for so long. Even though we've had such bad luck with blood work/ scans, I feel like I need to embrace this baby. Having faith that everything will be okay will hopefully be the best medicine!

11. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@auggiefrog: @BandDmommy: I'm impressed with you guys already having things done! We have exactly nothing done at all. But we're buying a home so I'll attribute our lack of progress to that.
    @jh524: Right there with you on the weight issue. I've gained way more than I would like, but if all goes well this is my last pregnancy and I'm trying to just let it go.

Anatomy scan for me is Friday, and I'm pretty excited for DH to be able to see the baby! She's kicking lots now, and DD has felt her- her new favorite thing is to pull up my shirt and snuggle on her baby sister.

12. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsRoo: I'm a CPA and January - April is busy season so we have to have things done in December or we will be screwed.

13. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@BandDmommy: oh yea, definitely better to get everything done sooner in that case.
    If all goes well, we close on Dec 28, so we can't even really start until the new year.

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@auggiefrog: @BandDmommy: you ladies are on the ball! I am still in the idea phases of nursery planning and have been waffling on the color of the bassinet for our room.

@autumnleaves: my doctor congratulated me on my 10 lb weight gain total at my 20 week appointment. He said I have 20 lbs more to gain and still be within a healthy weight gain. I'm determined not to gain the full extra 20!

@jh524: I don't have any real cravings anymore. For a while all I wanted was milk and as much as I craved salmon and salami the baby did not agree.

Tomorrow is the anatomy scan. At my appointment last week I was told we are getting a Level 3 scan, but Dr. Google says that's a myth- there's just Level 1 and Level 2. Who knows! I just hope we still come out of Team Green.

15. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Hey everyone. Glad to read I'm not the only one who has started getting organised! We have stripped the wallpaper in the baby's room and have started sanding. Our anatomy scan is on the 8th and I'm hoping to be ready to paint the following weekend, as soon as we know what we're having.

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I've never heard of level 3

17. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Auggiefrog: just wanted to say my thoughts are with you. Im currently expecting twins and baby A isnt growing as fast due to 2 vessels in cord instead of 3 plus my echo ultrasound shows HLHS most likely with her heart i will be monitored every two weeks and just wanted you to know i understand the fear and worry right now. Hope there isn't a hole but from what I've heard if there is, childrens is place to be cardiac wise for babies

18. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@momtimes3: Thank you and I hope your little girl does well. It's hard to shift your ideas from that of a boring, healthy pregnancy to a more problematic one. I thought the biggest battle was going to be during the first trimester.

Good luck to all of you ladies with anatomy scans this week!

19. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@autumnleaves: Yes, the boots always the boots or shoes or whatever that I blame it on. I always have my appts in the afternoon so I like to blame it on eating lunch and breakfast! I don't even weigh myself at home anymore so I'm not sure how much I have gained now but I feel very big for only this far but I keep telling myself this is number 3 so that's why. I also want to eat all the carbs and went on a Halloween candy kick for a while. I just don't feel like eating anything healthy. I only want junk! ugh! I have an appt on Thursday so we'll see the number.

I have my anatomy scan on Wednesday and I'm so excited to see little boy. He is really starting to move around now and I just want to see him.

I have done absolutely nothing to decorate but we are putting the new baby in the nursery and moving my 4 year old to a new bedroom so we will probably just add some accessories for the baby but have to totally do a new room for my older guy and we are really going to try and make it a big deal for him because he has said he doesn't want to move rooms and he also has trouble falling asleep by himself which we are trying to fix!

20. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Mr. Lime and I went in for our 20 week scan this morming. All in all it took an hour. The baby was initially still, but started moving around much to the chagrin of the tech. I teared up when I saw the baby's foot and the red and blue flashes of blood amazed me.

The tech was really good about keeping the gender a surprise. She told us to look away for part of the scan and Mr. Lime tried his best to peek, but I covered his eyes! I requested that she not put the sex on the chart since it's not necessary. She didn't print any incriminating scans for us to keep.

The baby is 13 oz, so if I continue to have the same weight gain ratio by the time I deliver a 7 lb baby I'll have gained 70 lbs myself! I know it doesn't work like that, but I found it funny.

When it was over the tech gave us a choice to wait for the doctor to review the results or we could leave because everything looked great. Mr. Lime waited and spoke to the doctor, but I missed him. The bathroom waits for no pregnant mama!

21. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on your good scan!

I will finally get my anatomy scan referral today. If the Dr ever sees me... Been waiting over an hour! I'm starving! !!

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Anatomy scan this Friday @ 2:30!

23. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: So happy for you - sounds like a great appointment

@JennyLayneAZ: Yea! That will be a nice way to end the week!

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: @autumnleaves: thanks, yes it was!

We should be able to add more and to the board after all these anatomy scans!

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on a good appointment!

@JennyLayneAZ: we both go on Friday! I am at 1:00.

@Canoli: yes! All I want are carbs and junk. Healthy food holds no allure. I am very scared to step on the scale at my next appt!

26. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

I stepped on the scale today, 2 weeks after my GD diagnosis, and I've lost 2lb in that time. My first trimester weight gain was 7lb so I'm now only 5lb up at 19 weeks. Its not a worry though because I was overweight pre pregnancy (and 10lb heavier than I was before I had E).

Anatomy scan on Tuesday. I'm so excited to find out what we are having!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Congratulations on a good appointment!

27. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: thanks! I wish I had your weight gain stats.

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Yay for all the upcoming Anatomy Scans! Lots of to us all

OK girls. Tell me what early movement felt like for you? I am feeling what feels like some major gas bubbles, but no gas as a result. Is this baby? Yesterday at my dr appointment you could hear baby moving, kicking, punching, whatever in there a lot and I didn't feel anything, so the muscle twitchy feelings I was questioning I don't think were baby. But this gassy type feeling is in a different spot and more where the doc had the Doppler, so, now I'm wondering if that's actually baby. Also, I'm sitting so in a different position obviously than when the doc was checking the hb.

29. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: Initially it was soft ripples, which I think are sometimes described as butterfly flutters. Then, I felt knots like a massage chair. Those would tighten the area and skin. Now, I feel little pokes typically a few in succession. A friend of mine poked me before I felt them from baby, so once I felt it I recognized it rightaway.

30. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Mine felt like tickles early on. Now they're like twitches. It may well have been baby you were feeling - it all depends what position they're in when they kick as to if you feel it ir not.

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: true, true. I'm excited for whenever its super obvious

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: somehow I totally missed your reply earlier! Sorry

33. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: it's all good. I hope you feel your baby kick move real soon.

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: thank you

35. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@poppygirl15: sorry to hear your anatomy scan was disappointing, but exciting about more movement!

@auggiefrog: I hope you get more info about baby's heart soon. Exciting that you are making so much progress on getting ready for baby!

@BandDmommy: cute nursery ideas!

@bloved: We've done close to nothing as well. Going to move DD into guest room and keep nursery for baby, but it's pretty girly so I want to redo that as well. Waiting until after the holidays to really move since we will lose our guest room when we make the switch. I have been refinishing a set of twin beds for DD's room over the last few weekends, but finding time to work on a project with a 3 year old and a FT job is hard!

@jh524: Hope anatomy scan goes well today! Ugh, weight gain. I swore I wouldn't gain as much this pregnancy (gained 45 lbs the first time). Buuuut at 21 weeks I'm up 20 lbs so right on track for around the same gain. Ah well, I'm still running/working out around 5 days a week and I lost it all and then some the first time, so hopefully it will go the same this time around.

@MrsRoo: That is so sweet that your LO loves to feel baby kick! I can't wait until my LO feels her brother!

@momtimes3: I'm sorry your pregnancy has had some stresses so far. Hoping your little girl continues to grow well.

@Canoli: Good luck at your scan today!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Glad you had a great scan and were able to stay team green!

@JennyLayneAZ: sounds like movement to me! Earlier mine felt like little bubbles and now feels like little jabs at 21w.

Whew, been busy with the Thanksgiving holiday and travel here, I can't believe we are into December already and halfway thru our pregnancies! Feeling pretty good overall although tired especially by the end of the day. Lots of movement from this little guy which I love.

My boss is coming into town today to sit down and talk over plans for my maternity leave which will coincide with another colleague's retirement, so lots of transition to be managed! I'm looking forward to getting some plans in place so I can make sure I have everything prepared on my side.

36. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

My fetal echo is scheduled this upcoming Monday. I really hope this scan brings us closure on a potential problem, or at least some answers.

37. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

Loving all the anatomy scans coming up. Ours is on Monday. We already know baby is a girl due to awesome genetic testing, but it's still so exciting to get so see the baby moving around!

38. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hi! Anatomy scan went well today! It was so great seeing baby brother❤️ He's measuring well and was so busy moving and kicking but I don't feel a darn thing! I have an anterior placenta that's cushioning his movements. I'm 20 weeks and 2 days...Baby is still so small but half way there already!! So exciting he's also breech right now. The scan took about 45 minutes and we went home with two cute photos of the lil guy. ❤❤❤

39. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@mamabolt: how'd the meeting with your boss go?

@auggiefrog: glad that you have your appointment scheduled. Hopefully you get some definitive answers.

@jh524: yay for a good scan! I had an anterior placenta with my first and I remember being so frustrated having to wait to feel those kicks!

Afm- anatomy scan tomorrow! I am officially popped this week. Up until thanksgiving, I think I was doing a somewhat decent job keeping it secret (I had not told coworkers). But this week I have gotten several double takes and a few people asking me. I guess at 19.5 weeks it is inevitable!

40. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: I had mine yesterday too. Stubborn little boy gave them a hard time because he didn't want to move around that much so they could get all the views of the heart they wanted to. Eventually he cooperated and they got what they need and all looks well. I am measuring right at 20 weeks and they said he weighs about 12 ounces. Loved seeing him!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee