Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@auggiefrog: They don't let you go home and labor ? Just curious or is it not an option

2. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@auggiefrog: hoping things get moving for you and you get some rest during the early stages!

3. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: I had a terrible night of sleep too. Just couldn't get comfortable and I think I was anxious because my husband seems to have pink eye again and I just want a healthy house!

4. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@auggiefrog: hope you can get some rest. So exciting you're on your way to having your little one in your arms!

5. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@auggiefrog: if things don't get moving quickly, hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep in the hospital. I ended up sleeping a good part of the day when I was there for LO1.
    Good luck can you believe you'll soon have your little boy or little girl in your arms!

6. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@jh524: nope. I was barely dilated, so I got something that will soften my cervix and hopefully get things started. I wasn't even having contractions, and I still don't think I am.

Thanks girls. I had this weird feeling it would happen this weekend. Haha. It would have been nice to enjoy a few baby free days of maternity leave though. It's also been a few nights since I've gotten any sleep. Oh, well. I'll keep you posted!

7. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@auggiefrog: good luck!!

8. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

Hi ladies - my edd is 5/2 but looks like I'll be an April mama.

(Copy and paste from May boards) I'll be going in for an induction at 37.5 weeks on Thursday. My bp has been high all pregnancy but the last few dr's visits they've been 160/90. No protein in urine though and no swelling, so dr is not concerned about preeclampsia but says the baby will be safer coming at this point. I had to be induced with DS too so I'm not too nervous since I already know what to expect. But ahh even though I'm excited to meet this LO and for Ds to have a sibling, I'm not emotionally ready that DS is no longer my only child.

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@auggiefrog: good luck!!

10. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@iluvboba637: hi and welcome! how old is your son? My son will be 3 in July. He talks about baby brother a lot and I think he's excited although we just had the worst tantrum ever so I'm hoping it's not a sign of what's to come Lol

11. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

Alright. I'm 60% effaced, 1 cm dilated, at -3 position. They just gave me petocine. I'm being monitored for mild preeclampsia, so I'm on bed rest and hooked up to ALL the machines.

12. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@iluvboba637: welcome!

@auggiefrog: you're moving along!

13. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@auggiefrog: sounds like things are moving along! Hope you're able to get a little rest before delivery!

14. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@iluvboba637: welcome to the April board! I hope I don't go over into may lol

@auggiefrog: I hope things move along quickly for you!

15. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: sounds like you are progressing! Can't wait until your baby is here!

16. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@auggiefrog: glad things are moving! Go mama!

17. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@auggiefrog: how exciting! Your LO will be here soon!

18. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Hi everyone

Sorry for the lack of update - the hospital has no phone signs and no WiFi.

Seren Matilda was born at 10.35am on Friday 8th April, weighing 7lb 2oz. She's absolutely perfect and we are in love. I will update more when I get a chance - we have just got home.

I can see there are updates from some of you. So exciting! I cant wait to catch up with you all..... when I'm allowed to put Seren down for more than 30 seconds!!

19. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@jh524: my son is 3 (March baby). He talks about baby sister all the time too and I can't wait to see them together!!!

20. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@iluvboba637: I know!! I can't wait either!! We went and got the gift lo will get from baby when he comes to visit. A bug box, a dinosaur egg, lizard and some candy.

@Cherrybee: yay!!!! I've been wondering about you and your baby. So excited for you! Congratulations on your baby girl! Love her name can't wait to hear more

@auggiefrog: good luck!!!

21. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@Cherrybee: congratulations! I love her full name

22. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Cherrybee: hooray congratulations! Hope you are feeling well mama!

23. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Cherrybee: Woohoo! I am so happy for you!

@iluvboba637: Welcome to the April board! That's great that you haven't had to deal with preeclampsia or swelling. I am also cherishing these final days with LO1. He is so much fun and I hope he adjusts relatively smoothly to being a big brother.

24. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@Cherrybee: congrats!

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: congratulations! Love her full name! Enjoy the newborn snuggles!!

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: congratulations!!

27. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Cherrybee: congrats!! Her name is beautiful, I'm sure she is, too. Hope you're both doing well!

28. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Cherrybee: Congrats! What a beautiful name.

29. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Cherrybee: yay! So happy to see this update! Can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy the snuggles!

30. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Cherrybee: Congrats!

31. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

Still in labor. I caved and got the epidural.

32. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: How are you feeling about tomorrow? (its Sunday here now).

@auggiefrog: Eek, that's exciting. I hope you're getting on great.... can't wait for an update!

@iluvboba637: My little girl is not amused to have a baby sister. She was most unimpressed that the baby woke her up three times last night and told me today that she doesn't like her sister.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I've got a new hypnobirth style labour technique for you, that I invented during labour. It's pretty weird (!) but totally helped. I was labouring standing up, leaning on the bed at the peak of contractions, and, whenever a contraction started, I imagined I was one of those wind tunnel waving puppet things that they have outside used car sales places - I made myself go all floppy and waved myself about in the wind. It worked until transition.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Here she is:

33. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@auggiefrog: I don't think its "caving" when you've been in labor as long as you have! You're a rock star. Keep it up! You're doing awesome!
    @cherrybee: she's adorable! Congrats!

My friend who was due the week after me just had her baby. I'm a little jealous. I thought it'd be easier to go late the second time around, but it's just as hard. Ah well. I'm assuming nothing's going to happen in the next 24 hours, so I have plans to talk to my best friend (who lives across the country) in the morning and then my husband and I have reservations for dinner to celebrate our anniversary.

34. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: she's beautiful! Congrats!

@auggiefrog: definitely not caving...it's all about survival. Plus sometimes that's what you need to help things move more quickly. Fingers crossed your near the end soon!

@poppygirl15: I totally get being jealous! But the upside is you get to celebrate your anniversary.

Afm, it's 3:30 in the morning here but I am up bc my (never a great sleeper) son has even more seriously regressed this week and does not want to be in his room alone. So I am in the dark, on my phone, sitting vigil until he can fall asleep again. Really hoping that this week is a fluke - not sure how I can deal with 2 kids up all night soon!!

35. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@auggiefrog: you do what you gotta do to get to the finish line - you are an awesome mama hang in there!

@Cherrybee: she is adorable!

@poppygirl15: happy anniversary! I am hoping to sneak in a date night before LO2 arrives. We only manage to do that when DH's parents are around.

@bloved: I hope it's a fluke too! But if not you know we get some amazing super powers when we need them.
    I got a new book for LO1 yesterday about being a big brother(Spot's Little Sister) and he kept running away when I tried to read it to him lol.

36. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@auggiefrog: hang in there mama..

@Cherrybee: she's so adorable. sorry to hear about your older DD, i hope she warms up to her sister soon!

37. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

It's 3:30 am here and I think my water might have broken. I woke up to a small amount of liquid having just dampened my panties, and it's not pee. I'm exhausted (why did I stay up until midnight) and I'm not feeling any contractions. I'm going to lay down and see if I can sleep/what happens.

38. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@auggiefrog: it's not caving! It's all about doing what you gotta do and labor pains are painful! Hang in there mama! You're almost there!

@cherrybee: hi there cutie pie! Hopefully big sister will come around soon. My oldest who is 4 and has been talking up being a big brother has suddenly decided he wants to be a baby and is talking in baby talk and wants to be carried and acts like he can't do anything independently! It's tough on them.

@poppygirl15: looks like that LO may want to interfere with your anniversary dinner 😉 Keep us posted!

@bloved: our 4 year old never can fall asleep on his own and we recently moved him into his big boy room and got all of this really cool stuff for his room to entice him to stay in there but he still comes into our bed every night and we are just too tired to redirect him back but I really don't know how it's all going to work with a newborn in our room too! Ugh!

39. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Canoli: ha! Don't even get me started on the big boy room. We made one for my son over a month ago now and he still flat out refuses to sleep in there. Everytime we try, he cries for his crib. So I don't know what we are going to do about that either! Thankfully we have the bassinet for the beginning but I was really hoping this transition would be done before baby number 2 arrives.

@poppygirl15: hope this might be it for you!

40. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@auggiefrog: hang in there, mama! Can't wait to see your update that baby is here!
    @Cherrybee: perfection hopefully your older dd will come around. I'm nervous about how my dd will react to the reality of a baby in the house, too.
    @poppygirl15: how exciting! Keep us posted and good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee