Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: wow that was fast! Bilirubin must have been good! Yaaa. A night just the 3 of you how sweet. As for the incision, ya just dont look. Ha. Ok maybe that’s not what you do with cs. Sorry just decided to drink a quarter of a coke. It tastes sooooo good. But man I feel hyper. Probably not gonna sleep tonight. Hope you have an uneventful night!

2. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yay for being home!! I hope everything is ok with your incision!

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: haha, you crack me up! Yep, everything was looking good so there wasn’t much reason to stay. Though I will miss the incline bed.

@JennyLayneAZ: Only time will tell I guess. There’s still a bit of oozing (? not sure this is the right term) today, but I wonder if that’s because I tried the abdominal binder for a while today. I know I used it last time and I don’t remember it bothering my incision then.

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: hmm, I used the binder at the hospital but once I took it off to shower I didn't want to put it back on cause it was gross looking lol but, there's no oozing from mine. Keep an eye on it for sure!

5. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JennyPenny: what a beauty! Congratulations!!

6. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: how are you doing? I read your post on having 3 at home, as I’m worried about just 2. It sounds like everything you are feeling is natural. Thinking of you.

@JennyPenny: Your hospital must be amazing. I’m always ready to go to my own bed. I’m definitely getting ready to deliver this baby, but there are no signs. So I’m starting my countdown to due date... and just accepting I’ll go to the end. 11 more days! If you don’t count today or delivery. Ha. I’m going to go smell some pampers now. While they still smell nice.

Hope you all are having some good morning cuddles!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

My big boys just met their little sister for the first time and it was the most precious moment ever! Pure perfection. They were so excited to see her and their eyes totally lit up. My oldest keeps talking about how cute she is and “a thousand times good” ❤❤❤

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Awwww❤❤

My big girl is 4 today! How did that happen?! 😢

9. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: how precious! Making me tear up.

10. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: it’s gonna happen with these girls in a blink of an eye!

So any trick on breastfeeding you guys wanna share? How are the nights going? I know this is silly but I’m so excited about the newborn sounds. I’m probably going to have millions of hours of video (tho this is #2, ha).

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: I am loving the newborn sounds myself. Lily has the sweetest barely cry and it is just so precious! Nights are ok so far. We haven’t gotten any long stretches but she cries to eat and then goes right back to sleep. DS2 struggled with gas hard core in the early days and it made sleep a nightmare. Thankfully Lily seems to be a pro at passing gas already 😂

What kind of breastfeeding tips are you looking for? Did you have trouble with your first? I’ve had pretty good luck so far but I’m not sure I did much to cause that.

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: did I mention we switched to formula? I have no breast feeding tips other than, if it works for you great, if not, formula is great too. Oh, and if baby gives you hickies on your nipples, her latch is bad lol

13. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: lol. Ya I’m not stressing this time if formula is needed. It caused too much turmoil with #1. And her weight got pretty low.

@JennyPenny: Hahaha baby toots are the cutest! Ok maybe only to their mother. Whatever you got. Watched a youtube video where the mom started pumping in the first week so she could have a bottle for the 3 am feeding for her husband to give! Plus it meant she had more demand during the day and eventually might be able to skip a feeding at night. I think my main problem was not being on demand enough from day 1. Going to resist on the pacifer for the first couple days. Or that’s what I’m telling myself now.

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: here’s what I’ve done for my kids. This is probably advice from a variety of sources but mostly the Baby Whisperer book since that was my bible for DS1.

- on demand feeding going at most 3 hrs between feeds until back to birth weight. Then can start stretching time between motn feedings, but not during the day. During the day work towards an eat, awake, sleep routine to ensure baby isn’t sleepy and takes a full feeding
    - around 2-3 weeks, start introducing 1 pump about an hour after the first morning feed. Also start trying to introduce a bottle on occasion
    - 3 weeks, husband starts doing a dream feed. Can also start introducing a pacifier

15. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: that sounds like a great plan. Last delivery - she was born at 1150, then I didn’t get into recovery room until 3 am or so. Baby was fussy or just making noises I wasn’t used to looking back and I was nice to dh and sent him home. So it was 430 am, i hadn’t slept in over 24 hrs - cuz water broke at night - and I’d say some of my early decisions were made in exhaustion (paci, maybe not as on demand as needed, etc)... hoping this time for a delivery during they day and just more confidence. It’s always easy in hindsight. But love your plan, sounds like good advice.

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: I do think having a plan helps a ton. Though I am also a super planner by nature. I remember feeling like I was drowning the first week after DS1 was born and that’s when I read Baby Whisperer and it had a solid plan in it and I was like “yes! This I can do” It helped me feel so much more grounded and I remember singing the praises of the book to everyone who had babies the year after. But I realized then that as much as having a plan helped me, it really stressed out some of my friends. Especially since baby doesn’t always cooperate with the plan. It found it a really interesting learning experience in how different personality traits handle parenting

17. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

Welp I had my 39 weeks appt a couple days early. No dialation (did I spell that correctly, if doesnt look right). But I’m softening. Gonna be trying all the trick this weekend, ok probably just walking and eating spicy foods. Debating on induction... or being patient. This is going to be the longest week of waiting!!! Deep breaths, treasure the peace right!

Anyway - hope all is week with you! Distract me with some cute photos:) hope all is well.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: ugh, the waiting game is so hard. I definitely got the best contractions when I used my breast pump. And I did read some scholarly articles with evidence that it can get things going. If you’re getting anxious it’s definitely worth a try!

We’re doing well over here. Lily is a week old today and doing great. She’s starting to wake up a bit more during the day so I’m hopeful that’ll turn into better sleep at night. As of today I’m down 11 lbs. I was down 16/17 with my 2 boys at 1 week out so I’m a bit disheartened by this pace. But I barely gained anything the last month this time so I’m betting that’s part of it.

As requested, cute pics of my now awake little girl

19. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: if it makes you feel any better, with my first I wasn't dilated at all at my 39 week appointment either (which was on a Thursday but I was 39 weeks on Saturday) and i went into labor on my own at 39+1🤷‍♀️

@JennyPenny: so cute!! I haven't weighed myself, I need a new battery for my scale. But i have a check up on Thursday so maybe they'll weigh me. If not i can ask them to lol
    Bonnie is also having longer periods of awake time, but we're still struggling with night sleep. And dh had to go back to work this week 😑 and then my 4 year old woke up at 330 this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep until 5 😒

So...heres to lots off coffee ladies! ☕

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Forgot to add a pic

21. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

Awh guys the photos are so great! They are just so precious. No that’s not a tear. Nope. Thanks for sharing. That little hand under the chin! That look of love in those eyes, I can imagine her saying, “I was wondering what you looked like.”

@JennyPenny: ha I am tempted to get the pump out. But it’s in the attic. Ha. If I can just remember to ask dh to get it!

And you two quit worrying about weight. It’ll happen. You JUST had babies. Ya somebody remind me of this in two weeks. Ha.

@JennyLayneAZ: Yes that does help. And I’m actually not to 39 weeks yet. Dr screwed me up by changing my appt to beginning of the week. Ugh. It’s like time is going backwards. Leaning toward tryin to include soon... just ready for this anxiety to be over (and be replaced with a new one). Hahahaha. Stupid hormones. Ok I’ll stop rambling. Thanks for this board!

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: I try not to worry too much about weight. With my boys it came off with little to no work on my end so hopefully that’ll repeat itself.

You mention anxiety - is it just about delivery in general or covid too. I waffled the last few days before the c-section wondering if I should just hold off and do a VBAC after all. But my anxiety was a big push towards going ahead. And now I’m so glad. My state was on a downward trend and 0 deaths when I delivered. Now my state has had 5 days of increasing cases and 9 deaths in the county. And now we have the protests to open up. It seems pretty ridiculous to me since our numbers are rising again! Ugh

ETA: sorry, I realize my ramble was probably the opposite of helpful. But I’m here wishing you delivery soon

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

I hate replying on my phone. I just wrote a huge response and lost it 😑 and now i don't have the energy lol I'll be back later ladies.

24. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ha the same thing happened to me earlier. It made much more sense than what I actually wrote!

@JennyPenny: no the anxiety right now is all about a safe delivery for our little squiggle. Just ready to have her on the other side. Posted on another feed to try and share my experience with mc and was so hopeful it wasn’t going to go that way for the family, but then it did. And I guess I flashbacked a bit. Not sure. Probably analyzing myself too much. Also talked to an ob friend who’s more conservative than my own. Just done. Thanks for asking.

Going for a walk. Thinking I’m having BHs and fighting a headache... so maybe tonight is the night. Or atleast the exercise will get some endorphins going to change my mood!

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: ah, I understand. I had 2 losses before her and part of me was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I was amazed by how quickly all those feelings went away when she was put in my arms. I sincerely hope you get the same relief ❤

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: ❤❤hugs momma. Everything is going to be alright ❤❤

27. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: good to hear! That’s my hope.

@JennyLayneAZ: yes it will.

Going to be positive today. Ya!

Thanks you both for the support! It so helps.

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Good morning ladies (or, afternoon, depending on where you live lol). Bonnie slept pretty good last night, so I'm feeling pretty good today. Took a shower successfully while she's napping! Also got a load of laundry in the wash, and I'm getting ready to load the dishwasher, but traking a quick break lol also, the steri strips finally detached from the scar, so i took those of and man it feels so much better. That shit was itchy lol

I hope you guys have a good day!😊

29. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: showers are magical. I took one also. Fixed my hair... as I know I probably won’t be worried about that for awhile. So glad Bonnie had a good night. Hope you get 2!

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I took my steri strips off today too! I didn’t have them at all last time so I found them pretty odd. They also gave me a few blisters, same with the original dressing. The blisters look way worse than the incision and hurt more too.

We did not have good sleep last night but she’s making up for it with awesome naps today, so I’ve also been pretty productive. I filled in a lot of her baby book and started looking around for learning activities for my big kids. We also did a social distance meet with my parents today. It was a bit frustrating because they really have no respect for the idea of distance. I get that you want to see and hold your grandkid but inching closer and closer and then hugging my other 2 kids when we talked about distance makes me really untrusting!

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: yeah, no hair fixing happening over here lol

@JennyPenny: ouch, blisters don't sound good! Mine were just so itchy 😦 I also didn't have them last time, they put one big tape thing on me first go 'round that basically fell off. My scar looks pretty good I think. I have my scar check tomorrow.
    Bonnie is not napping well this afternoon, so shes sleeping on me right now and i have more chores to do! I need to put the 2nd load of laundry in the dryer before it stinks lol

32. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I so taught my daughter how to do laundry!! So far only with supervision.

So no sleep when they are sleeping? I was really looking forward to that. Ha.

Had an ok day. Was able to get a sinus headache to go away, but now it’s back. Grrr. Tomorrow is my nst. Hope to schedule induction... soon!!

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: that would be so nice, but she can't reach anything yet anyway lol we have front loaders on pedestals and the detergent(wouldn't trust her with that yet anyway), fabric softener, etc is in an upper cabinet. So far, she'll push the start button and "help" me fold (re: wad up in a small ball lol). She is getting better about putting her clothes in the hamper, so, there's a step forward there lol

Ugh last night was NOT a good night. I didn't get much sleep. Every time I'd put her down she would spit up, so, bad gassy night. And i have 2 appointments today (my check up and a video appointment with Pipers ENT which was supposed to be a check up for her ear tubes but obviously they can't look in her ears on zoom lol). So, wish me luck that i make it through the day without having a melt down myself out of pure exhaustion lol

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: oh no! I think we’re trading off when it comes to sleep. We had our best night yet last night. I decided today I should start making a point of walking today and did half a mile. It took me twice as long as usual but it’s a good starting point. I have to say, it’s really nice knowing no one will really see me for a while. No need to worry about how I look or finding clothes that fit for a while

35. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: shew melt away! That sounds crazy. Mainly I just taught her to move clothes from washer to dryer and then to where we fold. I’ve always hung up most of her clothes and used basket she can reach so she can handle most of that herself. We definitely hadn’t focused on pouring - no detergent, no milk. Ha.

@JennyPenny: Nice on the half mile. Maybe we can start a get fit thread! I’d love the accountability!

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: that's awesome. I need to start walking too, but it's going to have to be first thing in the morning. It's supossed to hit 100 this weekend. I'm not ready 😦

@Bmaja: ha, I don't even like giving her a cup that doesn't have a lid 😂 so yeah, we're not at pouring stages yet either lol

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Seriously you guys, I just got an excessive heat warning for Sunday that temps can range from 100-108😭😓

In other news, my appointment went well👍she said my incision looks great, and more like I were at my 6 week check up than my 2 week post op!

And my daughter's zoom appointment with the ent went well also. She has a cyst on her temple that they said they can take out for us, you know, when the Covid stuff quiets down.

@Bmaja: how was the nst?

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: nice on the incision! I feel like mine is looking worse than last time around but I’m hoping it’ll calm down soon 😬 That heat sounds awful! I was at a conference in Phoenix last July and was just amazed that anywhere could be so hot. Are there special precautions you have to take with the kids when temps are that high?

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh gosh, July and August is the worst time to come here lol um, we mostly just stay inside, or in the pool, drink lots of water, take shade breaks. There's no one at the parks and what not when it gets hot, so all outside activity has to do with water lol and of course, always wear sunscreen or cover up with light weight clothes.

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Woohoo! Another great nights sleep. I hope this is a trend. We’re also trying to get away from nursing to sleep during the day, but it is not going great 😕

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee