Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yay! We had a good night last night too. I gave her some mylicon in her bottle right before bed, and I think that helped.

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Today it was announced that all schools in our state are remote learning for the rest of the year (June 12), work is remote and daycare is closed until May 31. I’m not surprised and things haven’t been as bad being at home as I had feared but man those dates feel so far away....

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: our schools are the same, but we're out the Thursday before memorial day. Daycares are considered essential though so they're still open. I don't know when things are going to open back up again. The original date was may 1st, and I haven't heard that it's changed, but, we'll see.

4. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

Ok well baby Anne has arrived. It was a dramatic entry. But she’s here and safe so that’s just fine. BF is a struggle. I do not remember much from 4.5 years ago, but I’m slowly figuring it out.

Glad you guys are having good nights. We are starting out with several night of little sleep. It’s like ripping off a bandaid. But who needs sleep. Ha.

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: yay! Congratulations! Hopefully both breastfeeding and sleep improve quickly. Are you all back home or at the hospital still?

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: oh good, I was worried about you yesterday but didn't want to be over dramatic lol Congratulations!!!

Our sleep is like, one good night, one bad. So last night was decent, which I assume means tonight is going to be crap lol good luck with your breast feeding journey!!

7. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: @JennyLayneAZ: man how are you guys doing this with little kids at home?! Holy cow I forgot how hard newborns and healing is. We are home. I have way more healing to do this time than last, so that is no fun. But lil A is doing well. One day at a time. But the cuddles are so good. And the noises. We are still adjusting to her name and the reality that we got handed a screaming live baby. Thanks for your fellowship in this wonderful crazy time.

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: um, I have help lol my mom takes DD1 three days a week for a few hours, and she still goes to daycare twice a week.

This morning she was so sweet though. She got up and I was sleeping, baby was sleeping, and dh was at work, and she took herself potty, got dressed (even put shoes on lol), and got herself a package of mini muffins ( bright then to me to open lol). I got up at that point because i knew she'd need a drink and she was just nicely sitting at the table eating her muffins 💞 I feel bad that I don't have more energy to do more with her right now.

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: honestly I think that’s part of why going to 3 is easier than 2. My boys are occupying each other pretty well for the majority of the day. DH is also home for when they need a grown up.

@JennyLayneAZ: I’m jealous of your help. We had assumed both older kids would be out of the house 5 days a week and it was going to be so easy... stupid coronavirus

10. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Im sorry, it's got to be tough! I'm lucky that my parents won't go anywhere or see anyone besides us right now. And her daycare is being really cautious as well...still makes me a tad nervous, but, its good for her.

Bonnie had a check up today. She is 8 lbs 15 oz and 20 3/4in long now. Her height, weight, and head circumference are all in the 75th percentile 🤗 shes having a little problem with gas so Dr said to use mylicon, which we have so I'll start giving it to her more often to try and combat the gas pains.

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

AZ governor just extended the stay at home order until May 15 (at least). But we will have a phased reopening starting Monday... which just totally confused the crap outta me 🤔 so... I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing lol I wasn't comfortable with the idea of everything opening back up on friday anyway.

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: our governor extended the stay at home order to May 8 yesterday. Then today my county announced that their order would expire Friday to be replaced by the state’s, which is apparently more lenient. It made me realize that I hadn’t really been paying attention to the small particulars of the rules, but I suppose they matter to a lot of people and businesses. My county has been doing better at keeping cases down compared to the rest of the state though so I’m a bit nervous about what people will do next.

13. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: omg that is amazing about your daughter!!!! Don’t feel bad, celebrate!!!! What wonderful parenting you and your dh have done to have such an independent confident little girl!!!!!

@JennyPenny: i have to say I’m mostly ignoring covid news and updates right now. But being very careful, home completely isolated except for a ton of dr appointments- wearing a mask and alcohol cleaning hands a ton. Ugh. My body is not happy, but it could be worse. Atleast I’m not in the hospital. What can I do though.

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I’ve come up with my postpartum fitness plan!

May - walk 30 min every day
    June - add yoga
    July - add strength training

I gained 25 lbs and am down 19 so far. But my ideal weight is 10lbs below where I was when I got pregnant. So I’ve got 16 lbs still that I’d like to lose. My goal is to make the most of breastfeeding to get down to my goal weight, so I’d like to be there by September or so. With my boys the weight started creeping back on around 6 months when I started solids, but hopefully I can be proactive and keep that from happening this time.

15. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: that is a great plan. I’ve started walking slowly. I have refused to get on the scales. They made me at the dr, but because of some bad swelling it was sad. Oh well it will happen one day.

16. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: looks like a good plan!

@Bmaja: I've only checked my weight once so far also, at the Dr. I'm down about 20 lbs so far, but, I gained about 60 this time...so I really have a long way to go. It's ok though. It'll come off. My appetite is back to normal lol I don't feel starving all the time and my portion sizes are normal too.

17. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

How is everyone this morning?

We are finally starting to find a rhythm here. Baby girl loves herself some sleep. So much so that feeding her is fruuuustrating. If it isn’t one thing it’s another am I right?

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: good morning! We’re battling the sleep vs eat thing too. I know she’ll sleep longer and better if I can get her to stay awake for a full feeding, but in the middle of the night it’s so tempting to just put her right back down after a few minutes.

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I feel like my post yesterday was the kick in the pants that I needed. Last night I worked hard to keep her awake and taking a full feeding and sleep went much better! Now I just need to a) keep it up and b) hope it wasn’t a fluke

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Lily is 1 month old today! I can’t tell if it’s newborn time or quarantine time but it is flying! I can’t believe it’s been a month already. We’ve gotten into a pretty good routine. In the motn she eats around 11, 2, and 5 every night. DH does 11 with a bottle now so I can get one good stretch of sleep. Our days are getting easier too. I’ve been able to shower, get dressed, and get some exercise every day!

How’s everyone else doing?

21. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: wow that is amazing it’s been a month. We are starting to come out of the newborn haze. You forget how hard it is, the constant on demand feedings. So many diapers, naps, rinse repeat.

I was inspired by your post, I’m definitely having a much harder time recovering, but I’ve enjoyed getting a few walks in. I am post preeclampsic, so the exercise should help.

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies! I agree, time is flying by! I only have one more week of maternity leave 😭 Bonnie is doing pretty good, she's been a little fussier the last couple days, but I think its just the leap week.

@Bmaja: that sounds scary, I hope you're alright!

23. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yep I’m good. In wouldn’t know if I hadn’t purchased a bp cuff.

Wow. Going back to work. Glad you have a predictable schedule. I have a few more weeks, but I’m not sure I’m going to be ready.

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: I'm not ready, that's for sure. It's weird though. With my fist I was so ready to go back. I don't know if its covid-19, or I'm more comfortable/confident with parenting, or maybe she's a little easier (#1 had colic) but I'd love to have more time at home this time around.

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: whew glad you’re alright and that you were able to find out yourself!

@JennyLayneAZ: Wow, back to work already! Are you nervous about being back outside the home? And what will your daughters be doing? Also, I felt similarly with my 2nd. With DS1 I had 6 weeks of leave and it felt like more than enough. With DS2 I had 12 and could have stayed home longer I enjoyed it so much! I’m enjoying this leave as well even though it’s not quite what I imagined. I’m doing a good job at finding silver linings

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: yes, I'm nervous. Our stay at home order expired yesterday, and our friends just invited us to a pool party. I can't bring myself to go. I'm way more nervous than I thought I'd be. Not to mention I haven't been cleared to swim yet either and I don't want to melt lol

So, my mom will be watching the baby full time, and dd1 will go to her house 2x a week and to daycare 3x a week for the summer. Then she'll start full time in August (our school years are August-May). Speaking of dd1, she had her 4 year well check and is almost 37 lbs, and is 42 in tall 😊 she got 4 shots, poor girl! And she'll be having surgery on 5/29 to remove a cyst on the side of her face, so i have to take her to have the Covid-19 test a couple days before that. I'm sue she'll just love that 🤦‍♀️

27. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: awh man what a no fun start to 4. I hope it’s an minor surgery! I’m getting nervous about daycare. It’s all coming too fast. Just wish a vaccine was also!

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: super minor. The dermatologist said they could take it out in office, but there's no way she'd sit still and let them cut into her face at this age lol so the ENT is taking it out and they'll use general anestesia. She'll have a super small scar that shouldn't be too bad.

29. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: oh, I called my controller at work to talk about next week and even she was surprised that it's already time for me to come back too lol i agree about the vaccine!!!!

30. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

How’s everyone doing today/week (whenever you get time to read this)? We are struggling with breastfeeding... but otherwise everything is great. Baby A sleeps well, onky fusses when she is hungry, or has a burp that is stubborn, and loves being with her sister. It’s so magical watching them together.

Hope this finds you well. And maybe even well rested?! Ha probably too much to hope at this time.

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: hey, there! We’re doing well over here. Lily is 6 weeks old today (where does time go?!) and slowly giving me more sleep at night. She tends to be fussy for no discernible reason though so I’m jealous of As calm demeanor. We’ve gotten our first smiles in the past week though which is so fun. I’ve got my 6 week checkup on Friday. Im excited to get cleared for exercise- so ready to get back in shape!

@JennyLayneAZ: Good luck as you head back to work!!

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: thanks! Work has been a little slow, there's some confusion on whos doing what (since I was supposed to be promoted). The owner seems to be on board with that still happening, so, we'll see lol for now I'm helping get data into our new system so that we can go live on Monday with it.

@Bmaja: B is doing good ❤ she usually sleeps in 2 to 3 hour stretches these days. Last night was bad but that was partly because I couldn't sleep at first and partly because of her, so 🤷‍♀️ but she's growing like a champ and if a pretty happy baby for the most part. ☺ big sister loves "her baby" lol it's sweet.

I have to take big sister for covid-19 testing today, so that's fun 😑 wish me luck lol

33. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: i get so frustrated when I have two or two and a half hours to sleep but can’t go to sleep. Good luck with the Covid test.

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: She passed I wasn't worried that she had it or anything, but, you still get that little voice of "what if she's a silent carrier??" you know? The test was rough, but it was quick. We were in and out of there in about 5 minutes, and that included the paperwork portion lol

In other news, we had a really good night last night! P slept all night (she's been getting up a lot lately and that makes everything harder!) and B only woke up twice. She started to stir around 11 so I made her a bottle, then she was back to sleep when I went to get her so I let her sleep. Then she woke up for real at 12:30 and ate 4 oz, then slept until about 3:40. So, I feel great today lol

35. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: if you don’t mind me asking... are you doing formula? That sounds like an amazing night! Between pumping or trying to and feedings I’m struuuuuugling. Probably need to work on our portions per feeding or something.

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yay for negative covid test and good sleep! I hope her surgery goes well too.

Nighttime sleep here has been pretty good too. DH does a dream feed around 11. I give him 3-3.5oz of breast milk but she doesn’t usually take it all. Then she sleeps till 3ish most nights. Then up again between 6 and 8. If it’s after 7am I call it up for the day, otherwise I’ll put her back down. So for me that means waking only 1-2 times per night which is pretty manageable. I just wish I could stretch daytime naps a bit longer.

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: yes, she is drinking formula exclusively. I BF at the hospital but she's been on formula since coming home.

@JennyPenny: I usually prep her bottles for 2 oz but I think its time to bump it up to 4 oz. I wish the formula scoop was one ounce but its not lol I think 3 ounces would be the sweet spot for her right now. Oh well!

Sooo. I just found out one of my coworkers had Covid in January. He doesn't work here in this office but does come in here periodically. He didn't know it was Covid at that point obviously but has been tested for it (or the antibodies? Not clear on that) and now knows. Which is interesting considering our state's first case was supposedly in February. I think the virus was here long before they knew it! I still don't think I've had it, as I haven't been sick. But it would be interesting to find out who has had it and didn't know!

38. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

Doh I wrote a whole thing and then lost it. How was surgery?? This is now much more to the point. Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is just hard some days and not so bad others... one day at a time.

Does anyone else have a flakey pimply baby. Hahaha.

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Bmaja: that happens to me a lot, especially when I'm on my phone. I think I'll forever prefer a desk top computer lol Her surgery went well, thanks for asking! She was allowed to shower yesterday and she's back at daycare today. She has a big gob of glue covering the outside of the scar, which will eventually fall off at some point (this week I'd guess) and then we'll be able to see the scar better. From what we can tell it looks like its healing nicely and the scar doesn't look like it'll be too bad.

B's flaky and pimpliness is pretty much all gone at this point LOL She's losing her hair (poor girl, she wasn't born with that much to begin with lol) and her scalp kind of feels like she's going to get cradle cap soon, so I'm keeping an eye on that. I think with P we used olive oil on her head or something like that.

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I’m glad the surgery went well. That’s crazy about your coworker though I feel like so much says it was circulating much earlier than we knew.

@Bmaja: We’ve definitely got baby acne over here and she’s losing her hair. It started later than with my 2 boys so I’d hoped she’d skip this phase, but no such luck.

We’ve been pretty hardcore with our isolation and will finally let grandparents hold her this weekend! We’re going to the beach with my family and that’ll be the first time she’s been around people not outside, with masks, 6 feet away. On the one hand I’m a little panicked but on the other I feel like I’ve been excessively strict and it’s time to relax a bit (ok, a lot)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee