Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2020 Due Date Thread

1. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Good luck this weekend! The panic will ease a bit after you're there, I'd guess anyway. That's how it felt for me. I was super nervous about anyone meeting her until I was in the moment. Everyone was super respectful though, so that helps.

So...has anyone gotten your cycle back? I know you two are bf, so probably not, but, I'll be 8 weeks PP on Thursday and still no AF I feel like every day I'm just waiting for it lol that was the nice thing about bc, knowing when I'd start within a day or so window.

2. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

Hi all! Long time, I know
    I'm going to be playing catch up reading everything since I've been away, so I can't wait to get back into talking with you all!

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I’m sure you’re right about it feeling better quickly. I almost had a panic attack my first time going to a store post lockdown and it quickly felt fine. As far as my period, I haven’t seen any signs of it but I am BFing so who knows. It came back at 3 mo with DS1 and 9 mo with DS2. Did the doctors give you any timeline? Does having a tubal affect it?

@GalaxyMoth: Good to hear from you! I hope all is well.

I feel guilty typing this but I’ve started having Lily take most of her naps in the rock n play. I know it was recalled and not safe for sleep, and we barely used it for sleep with the boys, but she just naps so much better in it. Like 2 hr naps vs 20 minutes in her crib. Of course I’m paranoid about it so I stay like right next to her anytime she’s napping in it. Okay, just typing this all out has motivated me to try and transition her more to the crib for naps. Wish me luck!

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: welcome back! hope you're doing well

@JennyPenny: she didn't give me a timeline at all. She just said if I'm having issues when I come in for my yearly in September, that we can discuss going back on the pill to regulate me and/or help with cramping (I had bad periods before b/c and it smoothed things out for me). I hope I don't have to, since having the tubal was supposed to take that out of the equation for me, but, it is what it is I guess.

I spoke up on the rock n play thread a while back that I'd consider using it for sleep too if I still had one. People didn't like to hear that. I think a lot of people weren't using it like they were supposed to (using it way past when they should've, not supervised, etc) and unfortunately suffered the worst consequences of it. Good luck on the transition! B naps well in her bassinet but I will also let her sleep in the swing if she falls asleep in it. I'm always in the room with her anyway. She seems to be having issues napping at my moms house (or so she says lol) but she naps fine at home unless something else is going on (gassy day, needs to poop, etc - usually tummy related).

The last two nights she's only woken up once to eat, and one other fussy time where I almost made a bottle but she just went back to sleep on her own. I'm hoping that sticks around! It's nice to not feel like I'm gonna pass out while I'm at work lol

5. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

Since there's so much to have caught up with, and I can't possibly respond to all of it, I just want to say a huge congrats to everyone! Crazy for us all to be on the other side of pregnancy now, it seemed so far away in the beginning and looking back on birth seems far away now too!
    And since I haven't done this:
    Wren was born at 5:32am on April 28th. I pushed for 3 hours ( ) and got a 2nd degree tear ( double ). She was bigger than expected at 8lbs 5oz but we guessed her height correctly (21 inches).
    Being in a global pandemic isnt really conducive for newborn photos, but I'm no stranger to using a camera, so here are a few of the photos I've taken of her so far!

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: Welcome Wren She's adorable! I hope you're healed/healing well! Love the month blanket, btw!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ugh, taking BC after having a tubal would really stink! I hope AF returns and isn’t too much of a pain. Thanks for your comments on the RnP. We’re still trying to do more crib naps but what I’ve noticed is she can self-soothe midnap in the RnP and I think that’s what’s missing from crib naps. Not sure how to help that We head to the beach today so now I’ll have to see how she does with the Pack n Play.

@GalaxyMoth: So cute and I love the name! Sounds like a rough delivery experience though. Hope you’re recovering well.

8. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Thank you so much! I'm doing much better than I expected I would be for sure. I probably won't have any more kids though, everything was way too rough

@JennyPenny: Thank you! Surprisingly it was my husband's pick (not that they can't pick good names or anything, but its uncommon and I dont know where he got it from). I'm equally surprised that I've already had about a hundred people ask me how to pronounce it or what it means.
    Have fun at the beach!

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: People ask you how to pronounce her name? lol seems pretty straight forward to me!

@JennyPenny: hope your beach trip went well!

10. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

...take two? I tried to post and I don't know what happened to it. Anyway, here are our two month stats, as Bonnie had her appointment on Friday.

I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe, and staying healthy! We are, but, our state is not...

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Aww she looks so happy! Well have our 2 month check up next week. We’ve been at the beach with my family for 1.5 weeks now and I feel like Lily’s sleep is now just a complete mess. I’ll have to adjust back to normal when we get back for sure. Our state is also doing pretty terrible since reopening. I wouldn’t be surprised if they start shutting things down again. DS1 has a week of summer camp scheduled next week and we were thinking of signing up for more if it went well and we felt comfortable, but now I’m not sure...

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: aww, sorry about the messy sleep! Also, in case you don't know, week 8(ish) is a wonder week/leap week, so, that could be contributing... Bonnie seems to be hitting her wonder weeks a little later, so she's had a rough couple of days this week.

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies. Hope you are all doing well and are healthy!

TMI ahead lol:
    I finally started my period! 10 weeks, 4 days PP. Good grief. I'm on day 3 now and my flow is still really heavy, which is not normal for me. But, I've had minimal cramping, so that's good. We'll see how long this lasts. My cycle used to be on average 5 days, but again, I was usually heavy a day or two and then mostly spot after that, so....who knows.

In other news, one of our employees was SENT HOME yesterday for being sick. She's getting a covid test today. WTF. What is wrong with people? Why, in this time in our lives, would you GO TO WORK with body aches?! I'm so pissed. And if she's just now showing signs of being sick and it turns out that it is covid, we've all been exposed to her for how long?! SO SO PISSED. I can't even right now. So, the background on her is, she's a temp employee (temp to hire is how we get most of our employees) and still on temp status at this point. So, we're still getting to know her and all that. Well, and everyone is entitled to do whatever they want while not on company time, right, but she's been going clubbing?! And flew to FL for the weekend two weeks ago - TO GO CLUBBING. WTF. Why?! SO SELFISH OMG.

I'm so angry!!!!!!!!

sorry to word vomit

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: OMG that makes me so angry!! How selfish and irresponsible! Do you think that could be grounds for not making her full time? And I’m glad your period is back. I remember the first ones postpartum are always brutal so hopefully it eases up soon.

We just had Lily’s 2 month appt. She’s 12lb 13oz and 23 1/4 inches. About 70% for both! She also gave us a real good night of sleep last night! Went down at 8:30, dream feed at 11, then slept through to 6! I’m so glad because her sleep has been AWFUL during the 2 weeks at the beach and since we got home a few days ago. Hopefully this is a sign that the return to routine is good for her.

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I don't know, my company is weird about stuff like that. It literally takes A LOT to get let go from here, even when you're just a temp 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ and it's customer service, they have a hard time finding people that can handle the job ( I don't know what it pays but I'd assume it's one of the cheapest positions here).

Aww💗 great stats! Glad she slept good for you last night!

Bonnies sleep isn't to bad these days. She has a witching hour everyday around 530/6, so she goes to bed early. Then she'll usually sleep until 8/9, eat go back to sleep until 1ish, then up again around 4, then we leave the house at 6, so she is woken up and 540.

Then some nights she eats all the time and im a zombie at work lol 🤷‍♀️🤣

16. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

I'm going to brain dump here, if you guys don't mind.

So, first of all, my mom has been having back pain since last year. She had pneumonia pretty bad and the back pain just wouldn't go away. So, she's been going to a pulmonologist who said her lungs are clear so he wanted to check for a broken rib. Well, turns out she has a broken vertebrae! She has a freaking broken back So, she's supposed to go back to her GP and see what they can do, the pulmonologist said most likely physical therapy would be all they could do. I feel so bad. So, 4 y/o DD is going to start going full time to daycare next week, and my mom says she'll continue to watch the baby. We'll see how it goes.

The rest of my brain is full of covid crap. The governor just re-shut down a bunch of places (clubs & bars, movie theaters, water parks & tubing down the river) which for me is whatever because I'm not doing any of that anyway. And, he pushed back the start date for school (but only by like a week, so, that's weird). He wouldn't put a state wide mandate on mask wearing so the county and all the cities I frequent put them in place...but....people are really not following it. Especially people at work. It's kind of half and half in here. They did set up a self temperature check station at the front of the office and are "encouraging" everyone to check their temp daily and wear masks while walking around the office. I just feel like I want to hide in my house for the next two years until they come up with a vaccine for this thing.

OH! And Bonnie woke up every two hours last night like she's a newborn again or something lol so I don't know what the heck that was all about! And she ate every time! Sometimes she'll wake up and I'll give her a binky and she goes back to sleep. Not last night!

Alright, thanks for listening ladies.

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Ugh, I think of you every time I see those AZ numbers. They are absolutely insane. I really hope people in your area start taking it seriously and wear masks to keep it in check! Our governor started mandating masks as of last Friday and I think people are following it pretty much. He's supposed to announce what K-12 school will look like tomorrow and I'm anxious to see what's going to happen. Our daycare is closed through the end of July which is when my maternity leave ends too so August is still one giant question mark.

And that stinks about your mom! I hope physical therapy can help. I've heard it work wonders for some people but the back is so tricky!

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Hmm...the latest news is that today's press conference will NOT include an update on public schools as previously planned. Instead we will get an email tomorrow? Eeek, why does that feel ominous?

19. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: that's so annoying! They obviously have a plan if they're going to send out an email, why not share it?!

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Bonnie is 12 weeks today you guys! How did that happen?! And her 3 month outfits are getting small already, so I put her in a 6 month sleep n play last night, and it fits already

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I was actually noticing we’re close to outgrowing 3 month things too. And all the 6 month stuff I bought is long sleeve since in my head I thought 6 months = October. I’ve got a cart ready with some bigger summer things. She is likely our last baby so it feels really sad to put things away. How are you feeling knowing for sure this is your last?

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I feel mostly ok. I got sad last night thinking about how I'll never be pregnant again, but it passed lol I have a bag of clothes to donate, I just haven't decided where to donate it to. I'll likely end up at one of the parking lot bins or goodwill since there are a lot of places not taking donations right now 😐

I'm sorry you're feeling sad ☹

23. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Ok, we got our official plans for the school year. The kids will be divided into 3 cohorts going to school for a week and doing virtual learning the other 2. Out of all the possible plans I think this is one of the better ones for our family. Assuming daycare is open again by then, DH and I can alternate weeks at home with DS1 and each get 2 weeks in at the office for each wfh week. Though at this point thinking about returning to work just feels crazy...both from a covid perspective as well as coming back from maternity leave.

24. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: @JennyPenny: sorry I’ve been MIA ladies! I’ve missed checking in.

@GalaxyMoth: congrats. Glad you’ve come back to the group. It’s such a great resource.

We are doing great here. Time is flying. I’m back to work in two short weeks. A is in the >97%tile in height/length... what does that even mean? I’ve pretty much given up on nursing and am full time pumping. It makes my days a bit more predictable and manageable.

Got any fun ideas for capturing baby’s first 4th? I’m doubtful I will remember to even take a picture but maybe.... ha. We took A for her first swim this week, and totally forgot to capture it. She is definitely a second baby, doesn’t get the photo proof but has lots more people fussing over her.

25. Bmaja

cherry / 134 posts

@JennyPenny: school... that sounds good in theory but tough in reality both for parents and teachers. But I guess we are in a new worls for a little while... everyone keeps talking about getting back to normal, I do wonder what that will look like.

For kids that have parents that are engaged this new model of schooling might be good, but for those kids that struggle or who have parents who work, or single parents, this next year could really cause delays.

@JennyLayneAZ: so I an struggling with what to do with all the clothes also. It is sad to pack them away for the last time. I’m planning in giving a lot of my SIL who’s due this fall with her first, but I’m also tempted to consign. Anyone have any luck with that?

26. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I hope you are able to avoid COVID even with that temp's ridiculous decisions. Coming from California, I definitely understand the worry. We're doubling cases like mad and despite a statewide mask order, no one wears them because they think they're some kind of patriot or something.
    As far as your mom's broken vertebrae, I hope she heals fast! Something similar happened to my uncle a few years ago. He's retired now, but was in the army and he broke his back. When they were assessing him, it turns out he broke his neck 10 years earlier when an IED exploded under his car on deployment. It always bothered him but I guess they're hard to diagnose or something.

@JennyPenny: Man, I can't even imagine what the ever changing school schedule is like. I'm definitely not envious of having other kids tight about now. The parent's in my district are currently protesting the school board to go back to school as normal, no masks, and absolutely no distance learning or other COVID precautions. I don't understand why.

@Bmaja: Thanks! Glad you're doing well! Woohoo for tall babies! My girl is tall too!

So, Wren's 2 month stats: 10lbs 9oz, 24in, 15in head circumference.
    98th height percentile! (But that's not super surprising, DH and I are both tall).
    The most amusing is how much of a cliche baby she is. When she cries it clearly sounds like "Wah!" and when she babbles she says "goo goo". I feel like I have a cartoon character living in my house.

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Bmaja: @GalaxyMoth: so good to hear from you guys! I can’t believe we’re all coming to the 3 month mark!

So we got the news yesterday that DS1 was exposed to covid at his summer camp. Another camper came down with symptoms the day after camp ended a week ago. So he’s supposed to quarantine for another week. We tried keeping him on his own but it was just too hard so I ended up taking DS2 and DD to my parents house. Well stay probably till the end of the quarantine time or sooner if we can get DS1 tested. I’m pretty disappointed that it’s not a given that he should be tested but so far he doesn’t meet the criteria 🙄 We’re going to try out pediatrician tomorrow when they open again. *fingers crossed* he can get a test and it’s negative!

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Interesting plan for school in the fall! Hopefully it works out for you guys. Did your DS1 get tested? I can't believe he "didn't qualify" WTF?!

@Bmaja: Good to hear from you again! 97% means she's taller than average LOL that's all I know!

I've never consigned anything, so no experience there!

We didn't do anything special for the 4th. My parents came over for a couple of hours and we went swimming & grilled some food. I had less than a beer LOL

@GalaxyMoth: So, so most of the employees who got tested have come back negative. We're still waiting on 2 more results, but I'm thinking (hoping...) that we're in the clear there. But, since everyone is getting negative results and coming back in the office, no one is wearing the damn masks anymore. And looking at me like I'm stupid or something for wearing it. I just want to scream at them! UGH. Sorry for the rant lol

And just last night we were notified that a teacher at DD1's daycare tested positive (not her teacher - one in the infant room and the baby doesn't go, she goes to grandma care lol). So, hopefully it doesn't end up going through the daycare (it shouldn't, they've been wearing masks and sanitizing, etc, but still...). This is all just so stressful

Oh and about your uncle - good grief. You'd think they'd do x-rays after a freaking IED exploded under him

ETA: added pic 😊

29. GalaxyMoth

pea / 22 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I hope the 2 come back negative as well! Ugh, that is so ridiculous. Honestly, I dont see what's so hard for everyone else about mask wearing. It's so easy to do to keep everyone safe.

Are they mandating a quarantine for daycare or just sanitizing really well? I can't imagine that kind of stress.

I'm not exactly surprised about him not getting any treatment after the IED. He's the toughest, most bull-headed person I know. He's been in every major conflict in the past 35 years and has done some incredible (and incredibly dumb) stuff. When his unit got a new shipment of bulletproof vests, he put one on and had someone shoot him to make sure they were safe for his guys. Less than 5 years ago he was doing a timed exercise, because he didnt make his men do anything he couldn't/wouldn't do, and broke his ankle during it. He finished only 3 minutes over time and then did it again as soon as he healed. (And this makes him sound like a war machine, but I adore him. We pan for gold together, do archery, discuss beekeeping, and farming. He also cans fruit, bakes, and makes wine. He is the epitome of a happy homemaker when he's not out being a Sergeant Major somewhere )

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Yep, we were able to get him tested through our pediatrician's office. He and DH took the test Monday and they said 5-7 days for results. It just feels so silly because the test results will be back after the 14 day quarantine period for DS1 would have ended. I know everything's backlogged but it sure seems like people would be much better off if tests were faster. It feels like you won't know for sure you've got it until after you're done being contagious!

@GalaxyMoth: Wow, he sounds like a character and such a neat person to know!

Hanging out at my parents house has been going well. My parents are both still working full time (just working from home right now) so they aren't much help during the day, but we're doing ok. DS1 is happy that he doesn't have to stay in his room all alone which is what we tried when we first found out.

I also just sent my manager a proposal for returning to work which has me starting *very* part time (1-2 hrs/day) next week. Ugh, the thought of doing anything other than wrangling the kids just does not seem feasible right now, but I figure I need to start slow and ramp up. It seems much more manageable to start doing a little bit earlier than I have to then jumping right in full time at the start of August

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@GalaxyMoth: your uncle sounds awesome

So, they're not quarantining daycare, just closed the infant class only for this week. I think they're reopening on the 14th.

I still don't know the outcome of the last two employees. But, they've both been here. So. That's just wonderful.

@JennyPenny: Good luck with your return to work. I don't know how anyone can do it - parenting and working from home. I think I'd go insane LOL coworkers have told me "you should bring the baby to work!" and, I would if I absolutely had to, but I have needy kids lol I've brought older DD to work before (you know, pre pandemic and all) and she is just a handful. She is not one to sit quietly for long periods of time, even if she's given stuff to do. She needs physical movement and interaction.

My mom just texted me a picture of Bonnie, she rolled over now she just has to figure out how to get her arm out from underneath herself LOL

32. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Wow, rolling over! How are they growing so fast!? I swear it flies by faster with each kid. Yesterday I put Lily down in the middle of her playmat, walked away for a few minutes to make DS a snack, and by the time I got back she had scooted herself clean off of it! I definitely need her to stay immobile a bit longer if I'm going to be able to get any work done with her home.

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Woohoo, negative for COVID! The time at my parents was a mix of stressful and nice so I’m not too mad that we had to do it. The odd thing is DS2s behavior was sooo much better without his big brother around. Now I need to figure out what to do with that info...

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay for the negative! GL with DS2. No advice unfortunately.

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Lily is 3 months old today! I can’t believe how fast this is going. I also can’t believe we’re still struggling with coronavirus closures. I remember worrying that it’d be going on for some of my maternity leave, but I definitely didn’t think it’d be all of it. Well here I am going back to work (from home) with no daycare and now leaning towards virtual school for DS1 next month 😬 At least I’ll have more time with this cute face...though how much work will I be able to do?

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: oh she is too cute

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies! How is everyone doing? How are your LO's?

I started up with WW again, actually following the plan. Last week I didn't lose anything (AF showed up), and this week I had a loss of 1.6. I'm slightly frustrated because I wanted/expected to see like 3+ lbs gone. Especially with how HORRIBLE I was eating prior to this (and maintaining my weight, not gaining). So, I'm feeling quite "meh" about it.

Today is DH and my 17 year dating anniversary. Holy shit that makes me feel old lol

On to the kiddos, DD1 is doing really well. She's at daycare full time and I think she's finally adjusting. Some evenings are still tough, but I think its getting better.

The baby is still waking up usually 2-3 times a night to eat. Last night she had another party @ 1 and wouldn't go back to sleep until sometime after 2:30. I think we're going to move her to her crib this weekend. I don't care if she's awake, and she doesn't need attention when she's awake after eating in the middle of the night, but she makes so much noise she keeps me up lol She had a big week though! Yesterday she started rolling completely over front to back to front! And, my mom got her to giggle for the first time yesterday too! So many firsts ! And I missed them

Our schools are all in the process of being back in session (some started two weeks ago, some this week, and a lot next week). They're all starting remotely and then at some point they may open to in person ? I'm not exactly sure, but since DD1 isn't in K yet, I haven't followed that closely. But, our daycare has reminders up for the school age kids to bring in their laptops Monday so they can prep and kind of do a dry run before school starts on Tuesday. So, apparently they're doing distance learning at daycare. Which isn't an option for all daycares, but, nice to know that my daycare offers that. Some of my coworkers will be forced to work from home and parent until further notice. Its all so tough right now and everything sucks lol

and there is my brain dump for this Friday hope you all have a good weekend!

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: good to hear from you! I love the check ins. I’m jealous of the giggles! It feels like we’re so close but haven’t heard any yet.

We’re at the mountains with my husband’s family. The cooler weather is amazing but we’ve gotten into some bad habits. So my diet starts when we get back for sure! Lily’s sleep is also terrible in her pack and play so she’s waking every 2-3 hours. I think I’m going to do real sleep training when we get home too. Both my boys were sleeping through the night by now and since I’m back to work I’m going to really need it!

DS2 turns 6 on Sunday and will start virtual 1sr grade in 2 weeks! 😬 I’m not really ready for that either, but one step at a time....

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm jealous of the mountains! Its so flipping hot here right now. Happy bday to your son!

We moved B into her crib this weekend, so sleep wasn't great. She slept better last night so I think she's getting used to it. DD1 didn't sleep through the night until we sleep trained at 9 months! So, I'm hoping B starts sleeping more on her own, especially now that she's in her own room. Of course, we're due for the 4 month sleep regression now, but hopefully after that she starts sleeping really well.

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

My post-vacation diet is going great. Man, it is amazing how much better my body feels eating healthfully again. Right now I'm just tracking my calories in MyFitnessPal. I don't really have a set goal since I'm breastfeeding, but just trying to be aware. I also started doing some light fitness stuff and today I started spotting. I'm not sure if it's related to the exercise or AF is coming back. And honestly I'm not sure which to hope for. I'd be so sad for AF to come back so soon but exercise-induced spotting seems like a bad sign too.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee