Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 - Milestones

1. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

@Alivoo01: Thanks!

How long do you guys do tummy time? I'm always paranoid we're not doing enough.

2. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@greenebee: we probably do about 30 mins of tummy time a day. I think I put her on her mat a few times daily for at least 10 mins. She always rolls onto her belly now and stays that way for quite awhile but then gets upset because she has forgotten how to roll back. She also rolls onto her belly in the crib and sleeps that way most of the time. It freaks me out but I guess there's not much I can do. I always put her to bed on her back.

3. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

What the heck!? She has two teeth!! Where did they come from? It almost makes me want to cry. Didn't we just have our babies like yesterday? Teeth are for big kids I didn't even notice them coming and they're like halfway grown in.

4. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: 2 teeth?! Crazy! Where are they? Bottom ones?

5. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@delight: oh wow! You didn't know? Painless teething for the win!!

6. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsB2012: yes two bottom! Eeeeek! She's like a real person now that she has teeth.
    @StbHisMrs: yeah I feel like I should have known they were coming through but she hasn't been fussier. She chews on everything and has pink cheeks and drools but I thought that was just babies! They aren't all the way up or anything, just coming through! I tried to snap a picture but that didn't go over well.

7. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@delight: holy cow!! 2?!?!?!

8. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

@delight: WOW!

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

I've been trying to take a picture and this is the best I can do!

10. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: that's awesome! I dont know if L is dealing with some teeth right now, but his sleep is, if even possible, worse than ever at the moment.

L has been getting on all 4s and rocking back and forth! I feel like he's so close to crawling its scary!

He still can't sit up without supervision, he tips over after a few seconds if else tries to grab for a toy or something.

He has also been working really hard on his pincer grasp! He's doing really well too!

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@.twist.: Sorry about the tough sleep, you've had it rough, that's for sure. I keep hoping it gets better for you! I can't believe L is getting ready to crawl! Our lives are all going to change so much when our babes are crawling and walking. I get exhausted watching the mothers in my play groups chasing after their mobile LO's!

We aren't even close to sitting yet! She's very hunched over and just tumbles forward. I see @lawbee11: 's little M sitting up in her pictures and I'm so jealous hehe we will get there soon I'm sure!

12. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@delight: I can't believe she has two teeth and wasn't even extra fussy! She's a big girl!! And she'll be sitting before you know it. M went from being able to tripod sit for 5 seconds to being able to sit unassisted for several minutes within a week. She also has a small-ish head (I think she's around 30th percentile), so I know babies with smaller heads sit earlier.

@.twist.: I loved the IG pic of L up on all fours. He's going to be crawling really soon!

M is sitting unassisted and she rolls all over the place now (especially in her crib...I have no idea how she gets into some of the positions that she does). She's also been babbling a lot more lately. She moves her mouth like she's trying to talk and it's so cute! She sat in the front of the grocery cart yesterday (DH sent me a pic) and I started tearing up...she's growing too fast!

13. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: ah thanks. We are definitely in a rough place right now. Haha I've cried to complete strangers twice.... TWICE. lol

@lawbee11: they sure get into some funny positions hey!? Is M working on consonants? I've been da da da da, ma ma ma ma and ba ba ba baing him like crazy!! I think I heard a couple mumums from him ( best choice bud ) but we really can't be sure...

14. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

J had his first banana today! It was so cute! He was so confused but at the same time very eager and excited! CRAZY that we're able to give him food now!

15. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Ok ladies, I have to brag for a sec.

We started reading L a book before bed, just a short little board book about bed time. It's mostly animals, but the last page has a little baby and I have asked him MULTIPLE times to give the baby a kiss, and he does it EVERY time!!!!! I DIE.

16. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@.twist.: awwwww so sweet!! Does he give mama kisses too?!

17. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@.twist.: it!!!!

18. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: ha! No. Just the book and his monkey! No mama or dada kisses.

19. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@.twist.: soooo cute!!!

20. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@.twist.: awww baby kisses are amazing, I can't wait!! So cute

21. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: lol, that's awesome! I've been trying to get kisses. I kiss her cheek, say "kisses" and then show my cheek. I get big open-mouthed "kisses" about 5% of the time. Either that or she's trying to ear my face.

22. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: So Cute!

@Grace: Ha, I always say I have a zombie child who's trying to eat me

23. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@.twist.: That's so sweet!! I can't wait for M to start giving me kisses!

M finally started crawling last Saturday. At first it just looked like a drunk crawl but she's really good at it now! If I say, "M, can you clap?" she'll start clapping excitedly (the kid loves to clap). I also *think* she signed milk yesterday, but I'm not positive (we've been signing since she was 6 months old so I'm hoping she catches on soon). She'll be 9 months old tomorrow...can't believe it!

24. Alivoo01

@.twist.: Omg!!!!! So flipping cute!!!

I always ask him for kisses and he just laughs at me. But I kiss him anyway and tell him "kisses". One day...

@lawbee11: That's awesome!! I've been teaching DS to "clap" since he was a newborn. Again, he just laughs at me. I'm starting to think I'm funny looking or something because I'm not that funny yo. lol

25. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: aaaaw! So cute. I would take face eating over no kisses at all! Hahah

@lawbee11: yay M! On the move! I love that she claps! I've been trying to get Lukas to but he just doesn't care. He just smiles and nods.hahaha oh vell.

@Alivoo01: haha yea, L doesn't give me kisses either, but he loves giving his monkey kisses. Maybe I should put on ears and tail. Hahaha

26. Alivoo01

DS is pulling up on things, and can scoot/move with the best of them, but doesn't want to crawl or walk yet. While I'd love for him to learn these things soon, I kind of hope he stays immobile for a lil longer.

I was looking at him last night and he looks so much older already. Like he's shedding his babyhood away...

27. Alivoo01

@.twist.: LOL!!!! Talk about all the things we do for our kids.... hahahahaha!

28. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@lawbee11: Yea for crawling! I cannot get Paige to clap. She thinks it's awesome when I do it, but she won't unclench her hands to clap.

@Alivoo01: I know what you mean! A friend of mine just had a baby and it's amazing to think that LO was ever that small.

Did you ladies notice the week 37 wonder week? Paige is in the middle of it and driving me crazy! So grumpy. Seems to get bored all the time, wants to be held but then when she gets in my arms, she twists out of them. Half the time doesn't want to eat, screams when going to bed. Aaaggghhhhhhh!!!!

29. Alivoo01

@Grace: DS is 41 weeks and did that up until last week! And still ocassionally does it not... ugh!

30. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: Oh thank goodness. Wonder weeks is off due date, so since I was due two weeks after you, this should end for me next week. Which is what the wonder week app says. I can make it. *Deep breath*

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

Ok - I have a milestone. It's huge - such a proud Mama I am! LO has been pulling up on furniture for weeks now, but her method of getting down has been to let go and crash, resulting in many tears. Today, she figured out how to get down by going from feet back to knees!!! So proud.

32. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Finally, after 10 months... we have teeth! 2 teeth! They came out of nowhere!

@Grace: I cant believe shes's pulling up and getting down! They grow up so fast!

33. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@MrsB2012: Yeah! Yikes, has she seemed like she's been teething this whole time?

And no kidding on the growing. My kid is going to be a daredevil. She figured out how to climb the stairs at the playstructure. They are wide stairs, but still, she's a little baby!!!

34. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Grace: yes, I kept thinking she was teething from about 4 months old.

She can climb stairs on the play structure? Say what??! B doesn't even pull up on furniture yet! She can pull up holding onto your fingers but she never tries. She hardly even crawls! She does, but she keeps her belly on the floor haha.

35. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@MrsB2012: Ugh, that's gross. I'm glad they finally popped through. I love the belly on the floor crawling! It's so cute - and sweeps the floor to boot. If it makes you feel better, mine has traded daredevil ways for talking. I'm lucky if I get any consonant sounds at all, never mind Mama like BabyCentre claims.

36. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Grace: haha B says momma, dadda, and nana ( we call my mom nanny.) She's working on Ba, I'm trying to get her to say Bron ( haha, our dog is Bronson.) It's funny cuz B was one of the first born in our group, but she seems to hit milestones after all the other babes. It's fine, cuz she still hits them on target, just funny how different babies progress.

37. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@MrsB2012: Agreed. I find it all really fascinating.

38. Alivoo01

@Grace: DS was the same way with sitting and now he squats down as far as he can then let's go and plops down on his butt. lol

@MrsB2012: Yay for teeth!! And I think your LO is just smart. She knows better than to show off her skills via crawling or walking bc that means no more carrying so she's "playing dumb" and is totally milking it as long as she can. hahaha

C is still just babbling and doesn't associate any sounds/words to anyone yet. Mostly it was bababa or dadada, but this past week he's been getting some mmmm sounds in. Still waiting to hear him say mama!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee