Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@pwnstar: thinking about you as well happy 0th birthday baby pwnstar and baby silva.

2. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: I am so glad to know you are both okay! Welcome to your baby boy (a boy!!! 💙) and congratulations mama! ❤

3. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@LCTBQE: Thank you ❤️ I am up eating my last meal before the 6:15 cutoff!

4. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@silva congrats!!! So glad he is here!

5. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@pwnstar: will be thinking of you today!

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@pregnantbee: I have a Belly Bandit. It's not the be all end all of binders. It's just what my local baby store carries.

7. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Silva: Congratulations!! Sounds tough. Glad to hear and baby boy are ok though.

@pwnstar: Good luck!

8. teawithpaloma

apricot / 490 posts

@Silva: yay congrats!!! Glad he is here safe and sound.

9. teawithpaloma

apricot / 490 posts

@pwnstar: good luck mama!

10. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@Silva: Congratulations!!

11. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@pwnstar: Good luck today!!

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: Hooray! A boy! Sorry it was so tough to get here, but I'm glad you and your boy are healthy and safe.

13. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Thinking of you. Good luck today.

14. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@pregnantbee: Also popping over from September to say damn, girl! You look great!

15. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsKoala: Awwww, shucks! Thank you.

16. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: I've been looking at the belly bandit, it's just a little pricey I might go for it, though. Just the regular one, I don't think I can bring myself to pay $20 extra for the bamboo, though I've heard great things.

@Silva: congrats!! Welcome to your little boy!

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@avivoca: @MrsSCB: Hmmm it seems like I should also take a look at the Belly Bandit. I just wonder if the standard one is too much like what I already have.

18. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: One thing about the belly bandit, is sizing seems like it can be difficult. I've seen people say they started with one size and then had to move down a size. I definitely don't want to buy two though! And of course I followed their sizing instructions, measuring my belly, and I'm exactly between two sizes, like a half inch up would be one size and a half inch down would be another. I'm just going to go for the smaller one based on what I've read and hope it fits.

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: That makes sense to me!

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@pregnantbee: They have several different styles and are sized, so if you need a smaller one later, you can get it. I have size L, but it only worked for a few weeks before it was too big and I was too broke to get another one (it was $80). So I'm planning to get a M so I can wear it longer and hopefully shrink back easier.

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@avivoca: Also makes sense.

22. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@avivoca: @pregnantbee: I've also heard of people just sewing an extra patch of velcro on so they could make it tighter once it got too loose. Might be another good option!

23. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Oooooh good idea. I looked and mine is already a small. (Not belly bandit, though). I'm almost at the end of the Velcro but not quite yet.

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsSCB: have sewing machine, will travel. I'm doing this! I already have the Velcro!

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm trying not to put any stock into old wives tales re: inducing labor naturally. I know this is all out of my control. Its just so crazy! I can't believe I am really so close to taking maternity leave. I don't take much time off of work ever so this is blowing my mind. One side of my lower back has started to hurt pretty badly sporadically throughout the day. I'm always thinking "what does this meeeeeaaannnnnn!?!?!?" I know you are working from home now. But when will you be done working? As for my car situation, we are going on Saturday and it better get done that day! Hubs left for a work conference this morning. He gets back late tomorrow but insisted on taking his own car (as opposed to carpooling with some other guys) just in case this baby girl decides to come. So crazy to be thinking that way!

@Silva: Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!!!

@pwnstar: Good luck today! How exciting!?!? Report back when you can!

26. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: BuyBuyBaby has the belly bandit. I wonder if you can use the 20% off coupon for it. I've been stock piling BBB coupons so if you need one, just let me know. I think I have more than I need at this point.

27. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

It took nearly 2 weeks to write, but I finally finished and posted baby girl's birth story!

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/baby-pregnantbee-2s-birth-story

28. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@avivoca: @pregnantbee: it's so funny because I never would have thought to do that, but when I read about it I was like, "well of course!" I'm not a great sewer but I think even I could do it. Doesn't have to look nice anyway

29. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Pretty sure I've lost most or all of my plug. I know it might not mean much...but fingers crossed! I was almost 3cm at my appt. Tuesday, so it at least feels like things could be moving along. Slowly.

30. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: So exciting! I hope it's something!

31. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Yay! Welcome, baby boy!! So happy for you.

33. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: How exciting. I hope your baby comes soon!!

@pwnstar: OMG. He is such a beautiful baby boy. He looks so perfect and healthy! I hope you are feeling okay after your c section. Congratulations!!

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: @agold: thanks, me too

@pwnstar: ahhhh, he is gorgeous, congrats!! 😍

35. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

While you are all enjoying your newly born babies, and your maternity leaves... ... I'm still at work trying to finish stuff up before my own maternity leave!! This sucks!

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: You're so close. You can doooo iiiiiiit!

37. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@pwnstar: I was hoping to hear your update--what a beauty!!! congratulations can't believe he was just in there and now he's with you. hope the operation went well and you're both getting rest. xxx

38. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: Thank you for the encouragement! I'll probably stay here another hour or so. I'll work a full day tomorrow and probably come in Sunday. Then full days Monday and Tuesday. annoying work crap on Wednesday and i'm done. Now, I'm the only one here. I took my shoes and bra off and went downstairs to the vending machine and got a snickers. (gross feet, I know.. I will shower when I get home.) And I'm drinking almost all of the bottles of water I can find in the office.

39. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: whoa, good news hope things are indeed moving along. keep us posted!

@agold: yep, agreed--I think it'll just make me nuts to think I have any sort of control over the situation. working straight up until labor over here we just have to keep on keepin on, right?

I had my 38-week checkup today, everything's fine. 2cm dilated and still 50% effaced, but nothing super meaningful.

@Silva: @pwnstar: today was such a good day!!!

40. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: Wow! 2cm dilated and 50% effaced already! That's great. I will admit that at my appointment yesterday, when I was told I was zero cm and zero perfect everything, I had a twinge of "she's never going to come" feeling! And gees. You are working right up to your due date. That's awesome. I will feel guilty if I leave without some stuff done. But at this point, I'm just working way ahead... Like working on things that are due in October and January. That's crazy. But whatevs makes my boss happy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee