Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 moms!

1. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@MrsDragon:

2. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@GreenThumb: YAY!! Good to "see" you here too!

3. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsDragon: That is such a cute u/s! My little bean is strangely at the top of my really long looking sak.

I showed this pic to my husband, and he says, why does it look like batman?? lol.. men.

4. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@PurplePumps: I see batman too!

5. Wishingforviolet

pea / 16 posts

Rescuemum & Greenthumb Welcome!!! Our dates are pretty close together.

@MrsDragon: Yay, for a healthy heartbeat!! Hello little bean!

@Purplepumps: I love it!!! That made my day haha. My partner said, "Baby Goals".

AFM, I took another 2 HPTs and the line is definitely getting darker, so my little dumpling is growing. I'm already having difficulty finding a midwife who will take me on as nobody is working over Christmas/New Years. My first three choices are unavailable and I'm waiting to hear back from my fourth choice

6. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@PurplePumps: Ahahah I totally see Batman now!

7. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@MrsDragon: aw, congrats!

@GreenThumb: Congrats! Good luck at your first beta! I live in Boston too Where abouts are you?

@PurplePumps: This made me laugh out loud. Congrats on a great scan!

8. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@MrsDragon: @PurplePumps: Congrats!!! I can't wait until my first ultrasound!

9. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@GreenThumb: My EDD is Dec. 29 too!

10. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PurplePumps: @MrsDragon: great news girls on your scans!!

11. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@MrsDragon: Congrats!!! So happy for you! Knowing you already have a heartbeat at 5+6 is making me more anxious that mine doesn't:/ I know it shouldnt but cant help it!

12. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@wheres_c: Don't freak out! This is not the same, but with DD her heart rate was slow and not where it should be at 7 weeks. At our follow up scan at 8 weeks, all was normal. I hope time flies in between now and your next scan!

13. mrsmacandcheese

@wheres_c: if it helps, even the tech was shocked that she found something!

14. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

Thanks all.
    Everyone still feeling OK?
    I need to "verify" with my clinic that I am. Just a walk in test whenever. Think I am going to go do that today.

15. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@Wishingforviolet: Where in NZ are you from? I spent 3 weeks backpacking around there years ago. Ive done lots of traveling and by far my favorite place EVER.

16. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

Coming out of lurking for this! It's super early, but I want to talk to people about it, and I can't talk to anyone in real life (besides DH) so here I am!

Location: Suburbs of NYC, but moving to Texas later this summer (are we crazy?)

EDD: 12/24/2106

How far along:4w6d

First child? Yes! We're so excited!

First doctor appointment: May 18th, seems so far away

Any symptoms so far? I'm extra hungry and thirsty, but otherwise nothing

Who have you told? only my husband. Surprised him with a baby spoon in his cereal yesterday morning at breakfast. I want to wait to tell family until after its confirmed at the Dr, but like I said, that's so long from now!

17. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@MountainBaby: Congrats!! Where in Texas are you moving? I'm in Austin surburbs.

18. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@MountainBaby: Congrats and Welcome!!

19. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@wheres_c: Houston!

20. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MountainBaby: I'm in the northeast too (boston) and my in laws are in Houston! My husband would LOVE to move back there, but I just don't see my self living there. Not even with the allure of such reasonable housing prices! We could just about move down there and pay cash for a house, and my husband says I could be a SAHM.. and I still can't do it! What brings you down there?

21. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@PurplePumps: My husband got a job down there, but the housing prices are a huge draw! You can buy 3 houses there for the price of 1 where we are now. It will be fun to have palm trees all around, after being used to cold and snow. Though I'm not sure how I'll handle Houston heat in July

22. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@MountainBaby: congrats!

Does anyone else get super cold early on or is it just me? Ha.

23. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MountainBaby: We've only gone to visit in December when it's a nice break from the northern winter. I don't think DH dare take me down there in the summer right now cause I will want to move even less, if that's possible. lol.

@ocean81: I'm *always* cold! In this little lab I'm in at work right now, I have it set at 80 when I'm the only one in there! When the guys come in, they're like OMG, we're gonna melt!!

24. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@ocean81: I get super cold in the evenings and sweat my brains out overnight.

25. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

@ocean81: I'm a march '15 mom too! I was on the board but not super active. happy to see another march '15 mama here

26. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@Wishingforviolet: @WinterBee: @Rescuemom10: Hopefully we all squeak by with 2016 babies and not 2017!

@ocean81: Another MA Dec mom! I'm about 30 minutes north of Boston. That's still considered Boston suburbs, right?! We've only been here for a little under 2 years, so I'm still learning the territory. How about you?

27. Wishingforviolet

pea / 16 posts

@rescuemom10 , I live in Auckland, but hopefully I'll be able to move out of Auckland and have mountains in my backyard haha, not sure about the cold though

I still haven't heard back from the fourth midwife I contacted, so may need to try a fifth one

Trying to keep positive about my little 'dumpling', but I think I'm going to wait it out until 8 weeks before I do an early dating scan. My partner and I have decided not to tell our families until after the anatomy scan and I think we're gonna find out the gender. I think I'm going to start a due date for us to keep track of everyone. Feel free to edit this list if I've made a mistake or if I've missed anyone:)

December 2016 Mamas

Dec 3: Stiletto_Mom
    Dec 6: Ms.Pug
    Dec 8: Digapony
    Dec 9: Purplepumps, Catlady
    Dec 12: Where_C
    Dec 14: Swurlygurl
    Dec 16: MrsDragon
    Dec 17: Sunshine710
    Dec 24: Ocean81, Mountainbaby
    Dec 27: Marley
    Dec 29: Winterbee, KT326, Greenthumb
    Dec 30: Rescuemom10
    Dec 31: Wishingforviolet

28. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@ms. pug: Hi! Happy belated first birthday to your baby and congrats on your Dec '16 baby

@GreenThumb: I live in South Boston, but I desperately want to move to the suburbs. Hopefully soon!

29. mrsmacandcheese

The clinic called and asked me to come in for a followup scan Monday morning -- she said it's pretty normal for people who have come in early but part of me is flipping out. I'm hopelessly nauseous though so trying to take that as a good sign.

30. stiletto_mom

persimmon / 1183 posts

@Wishingforviolet: They've changed me to Dec 7 but said that might change at my next appointment. *shifty eyes*

31. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@Wishingforviolet: Thanks for doing that!!

My first appointment is on Friday, which means this week is going to go by sooooo slow.

I think I'm going to take my 3 year old to my appointments with me when I get an Ultrasound - will be a cool way for her to watch the baby grow! Is anyone else going to be taking their older kids with them?

32. mrsmacandcheese

I'm measuring ahead at 7 weeks today! Heart rate was 115bpm.

33. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@swurlygurl: We plan on doing that. Our DD is very excited to see the baby grow.

@MrsDragon: yay! heartbeat!

34. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@marley: how did everything turn out with your thyroid tests? I have to go in for blood work tomorrow and have my levels tested as I am having a few weird symptoms that could indicate something is wrong with my thyroid. Trying not to panic yet.

@MrsDragon: Great news! Congrats!

35. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

I got my beta results from Saturday and today! Doubling time of 35 hours, so they scheduled my first u/s. May 6th - I'll be exactly 6 weeks!

36. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

Finally talked to the Hospital today confirming my pregnancy. Had to go in for the test Friday and then was called today to confirm the positive and get the ball rolling. Fortunately its the same hospital I delivered at before so they are going to do my pre appointment over the phone next Monday instead of going in to sit with a nurse and going over things. Said they probably wont have me meet with a doctor until 10 weeks. That seems forever away. Over the phone appointment next week I am going to ask if I can be seen perhaps the week before I am 10 weeks. DH leaves for a 3 month deployment the week I will be 10 weeks and I just would like for him to hear & see the heartbeat and baby before he goes. Even though he will be back while I am still pregnant and hopefully for the birth.

37. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@ocean81: My TSH level went from 4.8 to a 5. So they put me on Synthroid. Hopefully it will start working soon!

I also found 2 pin dots of blood yesterday and obviously proceeded to freak out. No more spotting after that though. My next blood test and scan is this Friday.

38. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@GreenThumb: yay! Awesome news!

@Rescuemom10: Fingers crossed you can get in before 10 weeks!

@marley: Any blood is terrifying! I hope this week flies for you.

39. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@MrsDragon: Woohoo! Congrats!

40. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

EDD: December 26th

How far along:5wks

First child? Second. First is almost 7 months. Eek! I know it's a small age gap!

First doctor appointment May 2, just bloodwork

Any symptoms so far? Tired and a little cramping, but otherwise no much.

Who have you told? DO, my sister and best friend and Oct 15 moms group. Thinking of telling my mom and MIL on mothers day. I'm just a little worried about their reaction. We definitely wanted a second kid but weren't actively trying for this close of age gap. So I'm trying to figure out how I will answer questions.

But this has been a wonderful surprise and we're so excited!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee