Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 moms!

1. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@MrsDragon: Yay!! So cool!

2. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Morning sickness has kicked in for me, which bites!

3. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@renee0106: Congrats! I'm sure it will be crazy, but it will be fun to have such a close gap!

@wheres_c: I'm sorry! I still feel nothing which is freaking me out a bit.

4. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@ocean81: Thank you! I don't have any symptoms yet either so don't worry! My last pregnancy I hadon't virtually no symptoms for the 1st tri.

5. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@renee0106: Same here! My boobs blew up but that was it, ha. I try to keep reminding myself I didn't feel pregnant until I had a bump with my daughter!

6. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@wheres_c: meeee too. I've been brutally nauseous for a week -- it was like that with my daughter too. It's reassuring in a way but also totally sucks. I took ginger and b6 this morning and felt decent, though. Waiting for my USA Unisom to come in.

7. stiletto_mom

persimmon / 1183 posts

I got my fatigue under wraps. A 20 minute power nap and lunch and a 30 minute one after work totally helps.

My nausea/lack of appetite is kicking my butt though. No vomiting, but every food makes me say "no", but I get hungry and the nausea gets worse.

I'm basically grazing the entire day.

8. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@marley: Looks like I'm taking meds for it too. My TSH was 5.3. Ugh! My PCP called in a prescription, but I will talk to my OB tomorrow! TSH was 4.3 with my daughter... I wonder why they didn't put me on meds then?

9. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@ocean81: the 2.5 TSH limit is a fairly new guideline. So your doctor might not have known about it last time:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3472679/pdf/thy.2011.0087.pdf

10. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@swurlygurl: omg, I just saw this!! Congrats!!

11. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

I just had my first ultrasound this morning and was so relieved to see a heartbeat. They also gave me an official due date of December 8.

I've been feeling on and off nausea but nothing as bad as my previous pregnancies. Ironically, the midwife took one look at me today and prescribed me Diclegis (they've never prescribed me anything before, although I suppose I never asked). So right now I'm debating if I should take it. Anyone else taking anything for morning sickness?

12. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@catlady: I don't think I've really been hit by morning sickness, just extreme fatigue ad tiredness. But I wouldn't take anything anyways. I've never been one to like to take meds unless absolutely necessary, and I'm already so hopped up on hormones and stuff (ivf baby), I'd like to reduce "unnecessary" meds. I'd let it sort it self out as long as it's not actually detrimental to my health. But that is a very personal decision. I wont even take an advil or Tylenol unless I'm pretty much rendered in mobile from pain.

13. mrsmacandcheese

@catlady: I took Diclectin (Canadian equivalent) with my daughter! It helped a bit. I'm waiting for USA Unisom to arrive in the mail so I can take it with B6 -- same ingredients but not as expensive.

14. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@catlady: oooh congrats on a heartbeat! Dec 8th is a fabulous due date - It's my birthday
    Like @purplepumps I try not to take meds unless "necessary". I really struggled with LO1, vomiting on my commutes and all day at work. In hindsight maybe I should have taken something lol.
    Only you know if you can "deal" without meds. Noone is going to fault you if you decide you need them!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@catlady: Popping in from October, but I took Diclegis and it made SUCH a difference. I normally don't like to medicate, but my nausea was already bad and then I was on an antibiotic that made it 10 times worse. I was waking up in the middle of the night sick and couldn't do much without wanting to vomit. I took it while on my meds and then stopped once they were done.

16. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@PurplePumps: @MrsDragon: @wheres_c: @avivoca: Thanks ladies. Yeah, I've always been in the "only when necessary" camp for meds too but I'm leaning towards trying it. My sickness with my last pregnancy was horrible (plus it ended at 12 weeks) and it put a huge strain on me, DH, and our LO. I told the midwife that I wasn't feeling as bad as last time (yet) and she told me to take it anyway to be "preventative".

17. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

The worry continues. Still measuring small, now 6 days behind (instead of 5 last week). Heart rate at 143, but CRL still only 8mm.

18. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@PurplePumps: did the doctor seem concerned also, or is it you that is worrying? I think it's hard to get accurate measurements early on?

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@PurplePumps: My midwife told me that there is a +/- 5 day window on measurements that early. At 7w5d, I was measuring about five days behind. I'm 17.5 weeks now and on track.

20. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@wheres_c: I'm the worrier. The u/s tech didn't seem concerned. I'm still waiting to hear back from my RE... he's out of the country right now so I just email him the image and the summary at the end of the scan.

@avivoca: Thanks for sharing your experience! Everything I google seems to indicate that CRL should be like an exact science for a given GA.

21. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@wheres_c: Aw man, morning sickness sucks! I didn't have it with L and K, hoping for the same this time!

@birdofafeather: Thanks!! It seems like a lifetime ago since Jan '13!

@PurplePumps: Oh man, that is terrifying. It's pretty much 9 months of non-stop worrying. I'm sure it's probably fine, but I totally understand the worry

22. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

I am SO TIRED, I think I might die. I'm getting the same amount of sleep, but man, it is rough. I can't decide if it's because I'm growing a baby, or if it's because I had to give up my 6 cups a day coffee habit, and I'm still detoxing... haha

23. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@swurlygurl: lol 9 months of worry? It doesn't stop once baby's out - it's a lifetime of worry!

24. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

I'm also so.tired !!!!!! Glad I WFH this pregnancy. I'm in bed as we speak.

25. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@wheres_c: Hahaha, very very true!

Although I feel like pregnancy worry is different/scarier. Like you never know what your baby is doing, and if they're still breathing, what if that tumble you took down the stairs just hurt your baby but you have no way of knowing, your baby hiccups all the time but has now gone three days without hiccuping - what's wrong?!?! It terrifies me!! At least when they're out you can make sure they're still breathing

26. mrsmacandcheese

@PurplePumps: thinking of you!
    @swurlygurl: one of my common refrains -- "I wish I had a window into my uterus."

27. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

Oh man, I'm nervous.

EDD: Late December? Haha, I cannot remember when my last period was... I'm that lady.

How far along: 4 weeks?

First child? No, third. DS1 is 3 and DS2 is 15 months.

First doctor appointment: Today for blood work to confirm that pregnancy and get a guesstimate of how far along.

Any symptoms so far? Felt nauseous yesterday and had tiny but noticeable round ligament pain, which is why I tested. It was a shock!

Who have you told? Just my husband and now the bee.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy. But we were not trying, we had sex ONCE this past month and it was outside of my "fertile window" (apparently not?) I always thought I wanted 3 until the past few months, when I started thinking it was nice to be out of the infant stage and I would be happy with my two little guys. I guess this baby had other ideas

28. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Oh man, this baby must be meant to be!! Congrats, and good luck at your appt today! I also never know when my periods are, so I'm super hopeful that my appt tomorrow dates me further along. I can't say that I'm super excited about having a December baby (we already have 4 grandkids in the family with birthdays from Dec 5th to Feb 4th!)

29. Pumpkin Pie

persimmon / 1431 posts

I'm jumping in. Estimated due date is 12/18. This will be #2

30. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@MrsDragon: Haha, seriously! I just wish I could *see* the baby!!

31. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

My RE was ok with the growth rate, and kind of said that was more important than the actual size. He was confident enough to have me schedule the next check 2 weeks out instead of next week. So I feel a little better. I scheduled that ultrasound to be with a local OB instead of the usual imaging office I've been going to so they can start to know my case.

32. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

My OB office got me in for a dating ultrasound, and it looks like I'm 5 weeks along, so I guess this really is happening and it should be a December baby.

I think my EDD is actually Christmas Day, haha, poor little one.

33. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

I'm also feeling terrible, much worse than with my son. Ugh. Nauseated all the time and throwing up. It's the worst in the evening at dinnertime. Looking forward to my first appointment next Tuesday so that this all becomes more real! Solidarity to all my fellow sick mamas!

34. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: @Pumpkin Pie: congrats and welcome!

@DigAPony: I have an appointment Tues as well.

35. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

I have zero appetite and am queasy and tired all day. I have been sleeping a.lot. I WFH so can kinda get away with it.
    Hoping I can get some more energy soon. Counting down the days till Tuesday's appointment. Praying we see something in there and see a heartbeat.

36. mrsmacandcheese

I don't feel as sick today, and kind of crampy. I hate feeling anxious!

37. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@PurplePumps: That's good news that both the tech and your RE weren't concerned. Follow their lead, doctors don't sugar coat things
    I think I mentioned this before, but my daughters heart rate was really slow at 7 weeks (it was in the 80s and I was bleeding!) my doctor was concerned and pretty much told me to prepare for a loss. She was all caught up at 8 weeks and is 13 months now I hope time flies before your next scan!

38. Pumpkin Pie

persimmon / 1431 posts

How does everyone get through the work day if you are feeling nauseous? I don't remember feeling this sick with LO1, but this time around I'm feeling nauseous all day long. I've tried ginger, sour stuff, citrus, B6, and nothing makes me feel better. I also have terrible headaches.

39. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@swurlygurl: Thank you! I wasn't super excited about a December baby either, but *fingers crossed* if it's not December 24th or 25th, I actually think it could be nice now. It's such a festive time of year, family is already around, there will be school breaks later on for their birthdays... That's what I'm telling myself at least

@wheres_c: Thank you!

@Pumpkin Pie: Thanks! The only thing that helped with the nausea the first time around was Coke Zero. I know that is totally not ideal, but for a month or so I would have one or two almost daily because they helped so much. During my queasy moments the past few days I've had a half glass of Vernors, which is much "spicier" than the other ginger ales. That's helping too.

40. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Pumpkin Pie: Oh, and Emetrol did help both times.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee