Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 moms!

1. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Pumpkin Pie: It's really tough. My nausea is always worse when I let myself get hungry so I just try to snack throughout the day. This time around, I also have a prescription for Diclegis. I've only taken it one day so not sure yet how well it's working but I definitely felt a little better today.

2. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

Hi everyone!

Im so happy to ne joining you! Hope everyone is doing ok so far. I need to catch up on this thread so I can get up to speed.

EDD: 12/30

How far along: 5 weeks

First child? 2nd baby

First doctor appointment: May 4th, im so anxious!

Any symptoms so far? Im bloated and my face is oiler than normal. Im sure I will regret this, but I cant wait to feel sick so I can have some reassurance.

Who have you told? My husband, my mom, and a few people at work (I had to for safety issues). Im sure everryone will find out at my work in the next few weeks, but I want to wait at least until 10 weeks to tell everyonein my personal life.

3. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I'm a Xmas baby and I actually love it!

4. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

I got some samples from the Dr yesterday! 😳

5. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@PurplePumps: that's reassuring to hear! Most people I know talk about it like it would be a big bummer, but the more I think about it the more fun I think it would be! 🎅

6. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@swurlygurl: wow, that's a good haul! So nice to score free stuff so you can see what you like before buying for yourself.

7. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

Low back pain and pelvic/abdominal pain in waves. Pretty freaky.

8. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@wheres_c: Nice! I can't wait until Tuesday.

@Coffee-lover: Welcome! Are you in Arizona by any chance? That's where I'm from.

@MrsDragon: I hope everything's okay! Thinking of you!

9. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

@MrsDragon: That is so scary. hope everything mellows out and there are no problems. I started spotting last night and had some waves of slight cramping and a few episodes of stabbing pain but it seems to have gone away.

10. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

@DigAPony: I'm in Southern California

11. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@MrsDragon: Thinking of you. I hope everything ends up fine. I got extremely bad abdominal pain last week while on my vacation and was convinced for a few hours that I was going to miscarry in the middle of Disneyworld. Luckily it went away and all was fine at my ultrasound when I got back but I know how unnerving it can be.

12. Wishingforviolet

pea / 16 posts

Updating the list
    December 2016 Mamas
    Dec 6: Ms.Pug
    Dec 7: Stiletto_Mom
    Dec 8: Digapony
    Dec 9: Purplepumps, Catlady
    Dec 12: Wheres_C
    Dec 14: Swurlygurl
    Dec 16: MrsDragon
    Dec 17: Sunshine710
    Dec 18: Pumpkin Pie
    Dec 24: Ocean81, Mountainbaby
    Dec 25: Keepcalmcarrie
    Dec 26: Renee0106
    Dec 27: Marley
    Dec 29: Winterbee, KT326, Greenthumb
    Dec 30: Rescuemom10, Coffee-lover
    Dec 31: Wishingforviolet

Welcome to our new December Mamas! If I've missed you, or your dates have changed, feel free to copy, paste and edit the list

@Coffee-lover: I'm the same, no morning sickness yet. I know it kicks in later for some women and maybe not at all, but I can't help but worry. I've also been getting weird stabby pains for a few seconds and I've been trying to breathe and then ignore it.

I had planned on telling my family I'm pregnant after we find out the gender, but I ended up having to tell my Mum about the pregnancy as I wasn't going to be able to help her stain the deck. She was over the moon and said she had a feeling I was but knew I would wait to tell her this time.

She's helping me keep it a secret from my Dad for now but it's so nice being able to share the news. Also, I finally found a midwife who will take me on over the holiday period. I'm super happy with the midwife I've chosen now and I'm glad I decided to phone around and didn't just go with the first available midwife. That first midwife who was available was just so unenthused and the way she spoke to me, made me feel so uncomfortable.

My first midwife appointment is scheduled for 13 June(I'll be 11 weeks by then) and she's sending me an early scan form too so I will try and schedule an ultrasound when I'm 8 weeks (3 weeks away).

Who else has scans/appointments coming up?

13. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

Just wanted to change my due date...

December 2016 Mamas
    Dec 7: Stiletto_Mom
    Dec 8: Digapony, catlady
    Dec 9: Purplepumps

I have two appointments coming up - my first OB appt is on 5/13 and my NT scan is already scheduled for 5/27. Hoping the days fly by!

@Wishingforviolet: I had stabby pains the whole first tri when I was pregnant with my daughter. We nicknamed her "the bee" because of them.

14. Wishingforviolet

pea / 16 posts

@Catlady, yay for moving forward a day!! That is such an adorable way of turning stabbing pains into a positive experience

Has anyone else nicknamed their little one? My partner has started calling ours "Dumpling"

15. mrsmacandcheese

@DigAPony: @catlady: thank you. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at least so I can ask about it then.

16. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

@Wishingforviolet: I have my first ob apt this Wednesday 5/4, but I'm going to call in the middle thing and beg to be seen sooner since I have been spotting all weekend.

I told my mom too. It's kind of nice being able to share with someone in real life

17. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@Wishingforviolet: I have my first u/s tomorrow. I'm super excited and nervous!
    Happy you found a midwife you're comfortable with. That will make everything easier!

18. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@Wishingforviolet: DH refers to 'him' as junior, he's convinced we'll have a boy first.

19. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Hi ladies! Congrats to all... I found out Saturday that I'm pregnant. I'm joining because there is no January 17 board yet and if this baby is anything like my first it will show up 2 weeks early in December.

EDD: Jan 3-7
    How far along: 4w3d if going by last period
    First child? Nope second F is 2 1/2
    First doctor appointment: I'm calling tomorrow but I have annual exam scheduled for 5/17.
    Any symptoms so far? I slept 12 hours last night and had the shits all day
    Who have you told? Hubs, Oct 13 ladies, my mom and our realtor

20. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@Chillybear: How exciting!! Congrats!!

I had my first appointment last Friday, and everything is going well. The Dr. confirmed my due date (guessing skillz!), and I got to see a cute little heart beat!

What is everyone doing for prenatal vitamins? With L and K I just used the Women's One-A-Day vitamins, but I'm digging these prescription samples I got from the Dr. Problem though... I unpacked all of them and put them in a bucket, so I have ZERO idea which pill is which... haha

21. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@swurlygurl: Thanks

I called my OB today and they dont want to see me until 8 weeks so i changed my appt from 5/17 to 6/1.

I picked up naturemade prenatal multi + DHA at Walgreens over the weekend

22. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Chillybear: welcome! haha, your realtor?

@swurlygurl: I take Honest prenatals, Honest DHA, iodine, selenium, choline, folate, vitamin D. It's a lot, and I don't know what to do when morning sickness peaks, since I'm already gagging.

23. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@swurlygurl: I'm doing Multivites chewables for Women, plus additional C, E supplement as a habit from prepping for the IVF cycle. Figure it can't hurt. Then Folgard (D3 2000 IU / folic acid 800 mcg / B6 12 mg / B12 120 mcg) as prescribed by my doctor.

24. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@marley: Well we we're putting an offer on a house the same day and knew there would be other bids so i told her she could use the pregnancy card if she thought it would give us an edge. we're still in limbo on the house.... its between us and another offer. To be fair she's a family friend.

25. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

I have been in the ER all day. Started spotting brown blood and now I'm bleeding red. It's not looking so good. My hcg is only 62 and they couldn't find anything on the ultrasound. I will follow up with my ob in 2 days to get another blood test and ultrasound.

26. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Coffee-lover: I'm sorry you're going through this. Hugs.

27. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Coffee-lover: Oh no. Thinking of you. Hugs.

@MrsDragon: How are you doing today?

28. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Coffee-lover: Thinking of you

29. stiletto_mom

persimmon / 1183 posts

@Coffee-lover: I'm so sorry. =(

30. stiletto_mom

persimmon / 1183 posts

Had an ultrasound today and finally got my official due date. I was only a day off from my estimate.

December 2016 Mamas
    Dec 8: Digapony, catlady, stiletto_mom
    Dec 9: Purplepumps

31. mrsmacandcheese

@Coffee-lover: so much love to you!
    @catlady: I'm pretty much a basket case of anxiety. Found out the heart rate was considered low at the last scan (115 bpm at what I counted as 6+4 and what they measured at 7 weeks). That plus fewer symptoms and the cramping is terrifying me -- I've got that foreboding doom feeling. Scan is tomorrow morning.

32. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@MrsDragon: I hate that doom feeling. 115 bpm seems within the normal range from what I have heard. I hope everything goes fine for you at your scan tomorrow. Will be thinking of you!

33. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Coffee-lover: I know no words can make this better, but I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    @MrsDragon: Good luck at the scan tomorrow. I hope you can get some reassurance.

After a nice week and a half of peace and quiet, I started spotting again a few days ago. Oddly enough, only overnight. Nothing right before bed, nothing by the time I get to work. I told my doctor and he didn't decide to do another scan this week to check on growth, so I'm still waiting until next Thursday to get to ease my mind. Meanwhile, my in-laws are flying in Friday, so we'll likely tell them this weekend. I'd really hoped I'd be feeling more confident by the time we told them.

34. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@MrsDragon: I hate the feeling of doom. 115bpm seems normal to me. My daughter was 85bpm at 7 weeks (which was cause for concern) At 8 weeks she was in the 150s, I believe. Good luck at your scan tomorrow

I also have no symptoms which brings me to my question... Does anyone not feel pregnant? I feel perfectly normal and it's freaking me out. I didn't get sick with my daughter, but I can't remember if I felt this normal! Ugh. My first appointment isn't until the 31st.

35. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@ocean81: other than sore boobs and mild nausea (no vomiting), I feel normal. I have fatigue, but that could be from my hypothyroid. I had zero symptoms with my DD except for my bloodhound level sense of smell. I read that if you took prenatals before conceiving you feel less symptoms.

@MrsDragon: hugs and good luck tomorrow!

36. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@marley: Same deal with the fatigue, but I am guessing it's because of my 1 year old and my thyroid as well.

I was also in a car accident on Friday... Someone rear ended us on the highway... We were in lots of traffic, so we were going really slow. My daughter barely woke up, but I am still paranoid. I called the on call nurses and they said if I was farther along, I could come in and be monitored. I kind of want to call my OB this week and beg. Ha.

37. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@ocean81: omg how scary! I would totally call and get some reassurance.

38. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@ocean81: I had very few symptoms until around 7.5 weeks. That was weird for me because I usually start to feel it at around 5 weeks. If you didn't get sick with your daughter, maybe you are just one of the lucky ones. I wish I was! Hope you are doing well after your accident. That is scary!

39. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@marley: @catlady: Thanks guys! Air bags didn't deploy and we were probably going 5mph. Thanks, Boston traffic! I luckily drive a large SUV so a lot of damage was done to her car, but not to mine. Mama Bear came out though as I was fuming because of the potential harm she could have done to my daughter in the car! (Who slept through the whole thing and was Oohhh'ing and Aahhh'ing when we were exchanging info, ha)

@catlady: Sorry, I know I shouldn't complain!

40. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@ocean81: did you tell the other driver that you're pregnant too? Can you imagine how scared he/she would be? Yesterday my takeout delivery was 2.5 hours late (I think they just forgot about my order). I almost said you kept a pregnant woman starving for 3 hours!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee