Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 symptoms

1. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: The heat is killing me! I actually had to wear flip flops to work yesterday because my feet were so swollen and I couldn't get my wedding rings on either. I realized the only sandals that I have that are work appropriate have ankle straps and my feet were not having that. I might have to go buy a new pair of shoes.

2. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Punky: I saw a thread the other day on shoes during pregnancy and one of the recommendations was the croc ballet shoes. I picked some up this weekend at kohl's for 11 bucks & they are heaven!

3. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Punky: I've been wearing sandals to work too! I'm glad they are acceptable office attire here.. or else I would be dying!

@Sugar.Biscuit: 11 bucks!!! I need a pair! I think the Crocs ballet flats are so cute

4. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I might have to go look, I was going to go look for something this weekend.
    @wahine08: It's nice we can wear sandals but we're not really supposed to wear flip flops in case of an emergency. I work in a school and I'm technically breaking the student dress code

5. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I didn't even know Kohl's sold Crocs!

6. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Punky: I highly recommend ballet flats that have a material that gives.

7. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Fun, new symptom: discharge ... Blah!!

After my two yoga classes this week, it's out of control. I was really against wearing panty liners (I just don't like the idea of anything that isn't 100% natural on my lady bits), but I'm considering buying some of those reusable, cloth panty liners (I know, I know ... I'm a freaking hippie).

8. Mrs Rivera

pea / 19 posts

hmm yes vegmama, I've been using panty liners for the last month and a bit! But I just use the super thin ones from the supermarket.

9. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Vegmama: seventh generation makes some that are more natural than most and still disposable.

10. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

My mission today is to watch football & poop. 3 doses of mirlax in 28 hours plus high fiber ceral & meals has done nothing. I don't even know why I tried a suppository. I always poop the damn things our right away & now my butthole is on fire! Sorry for the TMI...off to try some MOM. Any tricks you ladies may have?

11. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: drinking lots of hot/warm water usually does the trick for me to loosen what is already in there.

12. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: lol that sounds awful how about coffee? It works for me!

As for me I am done with being pregnant! I am so glad I am over halfway because I am not myself this time around. I am beyond hormonal, i am lazy, extremely tired, and mostly uncomfortable. Being a new mom is really challenging but being a mom AND pregnant is just not fun at all. Trying to entertain a 14.5 month old and dealing with her being sick and fussy is just really hard. I really dont how moms used to do it with like 8 kids! To all you moms out there cooking meals, exercising, scrapbooking and looking after your children.... You are my hero! Sorry for the downers!

13. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lindsay05 I hear ya!! It is super duper hard. I find that my patience is super short with DD, who has decided that the terrible twos are going to hit at 3.5 years old.... I hate to admit it, but they have watched more TV since I have gotten pregnant, because half the time I'm in survival mode.

@sugar.biscuit I agree, coffee really makes me go. My doc even told me to have some caffeine for headaches. I haven't been constipated since I started drinking coffee again (and it has to be coffee, not just soda)

14. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I hate pregnancy. My "second trimester energy" runs out by 2 pm, and then I feel like crap. I keep telling myself I need to take it easy in the mornings to conserve energy, but I never do. I spent the morning finishing my reupholstering project and now (5 pm) I wanna die.

15. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@MamaBehr: Yep, tv is wonderful! I also lay on the floor and read her books a lot as well. My patience is also wearing thin. I do feel bad though because I know LO is just frustrated a lot with unable to communicate.

@Navy_Mommy: I feel the same way too. I pace myself all day just to get through it. Some days I want to get lots done and then i'm just a grumpy tired bag at night and even the next day. I want to give my pregnant body to my husband just for one day!

16. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Hmmm ... sorry if this is a duplicate (I don't see that it posted). Anyway, last night before bed, I was looking at my nipples ... They are SO different now that I'm pregnant. After a minute, I noticed that they are starting to leak a bit of clear liquid. The amount was so little, but I noticed again this morning. I am surprised it's happening so early (22 weeks), but I'm a little excited that my boobs appear to be functional!!

17. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Vegmama: Yeah, my nipples look SO different than pre-pregnancy. I haven't had any leakage or anything yet, but it's amazing all the changes our bodies go through for our little beans.

18. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I think I finally felt her move! I was sitting down and leaning forward and felt a little pop. I found out that I have an anterior placenta so I think that's why it took me longer to feel her. I also found out that she's completely my left side and vertical, lol. So now I can really pay attention and know that she is kicking away in there.

19. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug That sounds like movement to me!!! It starts like that and then before you know it, your stomach has a mind of its own (quite literally! haha). My little dude has been moving a LOT lately, but I've also been stretched out two other times, so that helps with me feeling movement. I'm actually nervous about how much movement I have felt, DD moved a LOT and she was a terror as a newborn, DS#1 hardly moved and was so easy. I'm scared this means DS#2 is going to be a hard newborn too, ugh!

@vegmama I have had weird crustiness on my nipples for awhile now, and I keep forgetting to ask what it is at my appointments. And, I'm always amazed what my body can do when it comes to a baby It is truly a miracle!

20. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Nothing like getting a swift kick to the ribs after a sneeze...twice. Love feeling all this movement (not crazy about the big kicks but Izzy sure does let me know she is there). Some days there is more obvious moves other days it feels like waves in my belly.

21. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

Definitely feeling movement! This morning I actually saw my tummy pop a little when she was kicking! It was incredible. I know everyone says enjoy it while it's gentle but I seriously can't wait until she's doing a samba in there! 22 weeks

22. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Anyone else feeling INSANE movement?!

Over the weekend, baby was rolling, kicking (hard), and moving so much. I get several kicks a day that slightly take my breath away (so swift, right into my back region).

I'm noticing a lot more pressure these days, too. Maybe baby is practicing being head down? At our 24 week appointment, our midwife couldn't tell the position, so who knows.

But yeah, these kicks! Makes me realize how much baby is growing.

23. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Vegmama: My little guy's kicks are CRAZY!!! He moves ALL. THE. TIME! He is the most active baby I have had In fact, I can see him moving right now, while I type hahaha

24. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Vegmama: Absolutely! I'm feeling them most of the day and sometimes they startle me! On some of my baby apps, they're telling me I'll feel baby move but maybe not from the outside yet. It's been weeks since DH has been able to feel her/see her and I see her kick all the time especially on the top of my belly. It's really strange to me still haha. I have a hard time getting used to it but I always feel so good.

25. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Vegmama: Yeah the baby moves all the time. Her kicks are getting a lot harder too and I actually felt her really move for the first time. I felt a hard ball on my stomach and when I touched it it started slowly moving down the side of my stomach, so weird. I've also started having Braxton Hicks so I'm getting super pressure and tightening in my stomach.

26. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Oh the movements are insane! I am really enjoying it now before it feels like he/she is trying to escape from my belly button!

27. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Had a little scare today. I haven't been feeling movement from baby B for a while & started having Braxton hicks today. Went in to get a quick U/S & everything is okay! It freaked me out. Both babies are now breach Baby B is facing inward which is why I'm not feeling defiant movement from. Crazy how much that changes things.

28. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: So glad everything is okay. We had a 'no-movement' scare over the weekend as well. I wonder what having TWO babies feels like?! I'm amazed that you can tell who is who.

29. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: Ugh that doesn't sound like fun at all, I'm glad all is ok. Does it matter that they are breached right now? Both of my other pregnancies they have been head down by the end, but it doesn't matter because I'm a c-section!

30. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Vegmama: they are two different babies & personalities are already starting to show just by how they interact with our touches. It is insane. I'm just so glad they are okay.

@MamaBehr: it doesn't really matter right now. Believe it or not they still have lots of room to move. Heck they were both head down a week ago & I had no idea they had flipped. Must have happened while I was asleep. My goal is head down on baby A. Then I can deliver vaginally. Even if baby B is breach there is a chance he could flip to head down after baby A has been delivered. I'd love to be able to deliver vaginally for both. Why are you an automatic c-section?

31. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: With my first I was induced at 40 weeks 6 days, and after every medical intervention possible, getting to 10 cm and pushing for over an hour, she didn't budge! She ended up being a c-section. Then, we moved, and no doctors around me support VBACs, unless we wanted to drive an hour or so into the city to do it. I figured it would be easier to just schedule it, especially since we have no family here my Mom could come and take care of DD when I was going to go in. Of course, DS decided to come three weeks early with my water breaking and my Mom wasn't here, but he was also a c-section. At this point, I'm ok with the c-section. I know what to expect, I know what happens for recovery, and it is super easy explaining to my three year old where the baby comes out!!! hahaha

32. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Has anyone had a hard time shaving? I'm still doing pretty good except in the southern region just below the equator DH wasn't happy with the lack of maintenance so I've tried to keep up with it a bit, about every other week, but honestly I'm getting to the point that I don't give a hoot!

33. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: haha, I haven't had a hard time yet. But the battery on my trimmer died and I just told myself that if DH wants adult time badly enough, he'll have to deal with it. LOL. I have a feeling this will be an ongoing theme throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

34. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@sugarbiscuit and @abbydoodlebug Lol I'm so afraid of cutting myself accidently that I bit the bullet and went for a Brazilian. The poor waxer saw quite the forrest.

35. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Honeydew: oh heavens no! My hair dresser offered & I told her I'd never let her see my scary bits. Everything is super sized & hairy these days. When I told her I would go see someone I'd never have to see again she told me to go to the beauty school...I'm considering it & never going back again!

36. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I had like 2 days straight where I only felt the baby move maybe 5 times each day (which is a huge drop from her moving a ton in the AM and in the PM) but now it seems like she's moving WAY more then ever! Wonder what that could mean? Growth spurts or something??

Last night it felt like she was doing Tae Bo in my belly!

37. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@wahine08: I've wondered the same thing! Knowing that my baby boy likes to face inward eases my mind a little. I know I will feel less movement from him because of this but I definitely think growth spurts play a role in it as well. Pregnancy is an amazing journey. Always something new & different around the corner.

38. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Yesterday was a crazy active day for LO. But of course as soon as you put your hand on it it stops!

I just reached the third trimester! Holy crap, it just got real. I am entirely ready for it to happen though. Bending over picking up toys, chasing after LO with a bowling ball in my belly and just being tired are taking its toll on me.

39. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: Ha. I have to lay in the bathtub to shave ... Otherwise, it's way to dangerous, and I do NOT want to cut my lady bits! ... I started using my husbands beard trimmer (I'm the worst) to keep things trimmed between shaving. So yes, it's definitely getting harder!

40. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Vegmama: I've nicked myself with my husbands trimmer...sadly I'm better at blind shaving.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee