Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 symptoms

1. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

For those of you with nausea ... I've found that a little glass of ginger ale (sipped slowly) helps to calm my tummy. Anyone else have anything that's helped?

I've been curious about those wrist bands for motion sickness?? I wonder if anyone has tried them.

2. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@VEGMAMA: Sucking on lemon candies and crystallized ginger has helped my stomach. Also making sure that I'm not really ever hungry, as soon as I get a little hungry I feel sick, so I pretty much keep snacking all day.

3. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I feel like poo. I started dry heaving while doing dishes this morning cuz they smelled gross.

4. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Punky: yes, trying to keep something in my stomach helps, but is a constant battle!

I have been so so sooo tired. Ex: I just woke up from a 3 hour long nap. It's my day off and I have done pretty much nothing productive. Nausea still comes and goes, but it hits at least twice sometime during the day. It reminds me I'm still pregnant so I try to just look at the positive of that

5. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

So, this being my third pregnancy, I can so no pregnancies are the same. This one is making me weep. Like ridiculous. My daughter and son were giving me hard time at dinner today, my husband was late, I was tired. When DH came home he took the kids to get mail, my daughter picked two tiny flowers and gave them to me and said I'm sorry (the flowers were her idea, saying I'm sorry was DH's idea) and I cried. I mean pretty bad. Then, talking to my husband at dinner, I randomly started crying. I have NEVER done this before. I'm so WEEPY! And, I know DH is going to work tomorrow to tell everyone and laugh at me (with me? I guess).

6. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Punky: Yep, as soon as I get too hungry than it's really bad. My hubby is always asking if i'm hungry because he knows that once I get past that line, it's ugly lol

@Navy_Mommy: yucky. Dirty dishes are really gross smelling to begin with.

@VEGMAMA: I've wondered about them too. I'm just not sure how to tell people why i'm wearing those! Especially for the women who know what the purpose of them are lol

@MamaBehr: I had a weepy moment today too! I heard a song that I remember listening too when I was recovering from having DD. It brought me back to those first few moments with her and omg...it was not pretty lol

7. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Ugh! I'm hungry, I eat something, then I feel like I'm going to puke it right back up once I'm done. What gives?!? Do you want food or not? So frustrating!

8. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Oh I feel so bad for those of you who are suffering from nausea! I really hope you work through it quickly & I hope I never get it. I've got IBS & its out of control with diarrhea. Sorry TMI. Anyone else with this issue right now?

9. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

@Emsmems: I hear ya!! Nausea and food aversions are kicking in a little for me, but the worst is actually after I eat. I'm not to the pukey point, but I eat and then feel disgusting, a little nauseous, and like I never want to eat that again! I get a bit of an indigestion feeling too and I can't seem to get the amount of food right! No complaints because it's all worth it- it just makes it super tricky to eat. Breakfast this morning was saltine crackers, haha.

10. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

So nauseous right now too bad I'm gluten free and cant have any saltines.

11. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I had diarrhea a few days ago but now its back to nausea and constipation. It's pretty much all day nausea now. Last night was my first night spent next to the toilet dry heaving. Nothing productive came of that but I feel okay this morning!

Lasagna isn't my friend, as much as it was pretending to be by smelling so yummy!!

Nothing sounds good except random junk food!

12. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Has anyone had strange, vivid dreams lately? I had a dream last night that I was breastfeeding..... A cat!! Hahaha, wtf!

13. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: ha! Yes!!!!! Super vivid dreams. Last nights was about ending up with Someone else's cell phone and going on a date with a coworker and living in a dorm. Weird!!!!

14. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yup! I've had them since before I even found out I was pregnant...it was one of my first hints that I probably was, haha.

Anyone else dealing with a MAJOR case of pregnancy brain? I feel like I can't remember anything for more than 5 minutes and the other day I tried to put our zester in the freezer....

15. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: With my last pregnancy I had several dreams where I was bf'ing a cat. It was so strange!!

16. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

Ditto on the crazy vivid dreams!

17. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

This might be gross, but does anyone have colostrum yet? This is my third pregnancy and I nursed my other two, but I swear my right boob has a little bit of colostrum coming out.... Is that possible?

I'm having REALLY weird dreams, and all about people from my past....

18. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@wahine08: I just quit coffee this week with sucess! I did a small cup of half caff for a week (one scoop regular & 1 scoop decaf) & this week it was upsetting my stomach so I just quit all together. We have plain decaff on had encase I get the urge to have a cup. The Dr. Told me I didn't have to quit but I've been wanting to anyways.

19. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yeah on the vivid dreams. I dreamt last night that I had quads and couldn't afford them so I was trying to give one away to each of my siblings so that they'd still be close. So weird.

20. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I switched to decaf when we were TTC. I figured I'd just stick with decaf throughout pregnancy but that was one of the first things that killed my stomach. So only a few days after my BFP I quit coffee entirely.

21. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Punky: I quit too. Doesn't even sound good.

22. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

Well, I no longer have any worries about not feeling nauseous. I have been SO nauseous the past few days. Smelling certain things and thinking of certain foods just about sends me over the edge. I've been awake for about 2 hours and have yet to get out of bed!

Saltines and gingerale help me a little. Has anyone found some good tricks that help? Natural remedies I should add-I can't take unisom.

23. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@pinkpeony921: that sucks. Hope you have found something to help with you nausea. I've heard 5 small meals a day helps. I'm not in that boat yet so I'm not much help.

24. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@pinkpeony921: FWIW, I've been taking Unisom and I don't think it helps. My OB recommended Vitamin B6 (10-25 mg 3-4 times a day) and eating something small (carbs or protein) every 2 hours. Eating often does seem to help, although sometimes I have to really force myself to eat and other times I just can't even do it. And I haven't even gained a pound.

25. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MamaBehr: your breasts might be "self cleaning" lol. If you breastfed before odds are there was some milk left so your breasts will force that out, but it'll be more of a paste than a liquid. Colostrum production doesn't start till the second trimester (at the earliest). Im still breastfeeding my son though, so I'm having a completely different experience with my boobs, lol.

26. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

I haven't wanted to eat all day. My abdomen has been crampy and I'm to the constipated stage I ate some pancakes about 7 hours ago but I just don't want anything I know I should eat but I just feel like crap.

27. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Now that I have started taking the potassium I can tell a difference. TMI: My diarrhea has stopped & my poo is almost normal again, YAY! Also I'm having way less cramps & backaches which is real nice. So aside from occasional hunger or lack of hunger and sore boobs I've been feeling pretty good. *knock on wood*

28. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

The Unisom + B6 has been helping me, although the past 2 nights I've been taking a whole tab of unisom + 50mg of B6 and I think I needed the amped up dosage.

Sour candies (sour punch straws, sour patch kids, etc.) kind of help me. As well as lime popsicles! For when I know I need to eat something but saltines or anything else just sound terrible!

I've had maybe 3 really bad nights where I've slept next to the toilet (although no puke yet.. for some reason just being closer to the toilet kind of helps?? haha) but for the most part it's just a constant nausea that is exhausting!!

I did find out that my trigger is my prenatal, so I'm trying to split the tabs and take half with lunch and half after dinner.

Hope you ladies are able to find some relief!

OH! And I wasn't having sore breasts before but now? I can hardly walk without clutching my chest!

29. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Had a little spotting this morning. Sorry if this is TMI, but it was pale red and was gone in a couple of wipes. I'm 7w and 5 days.

This is my first pregnancy, is this totally normal? I'm a tad worried, but not as much as my DH. He wants me to call the doctor. It has stopped. What should I do?

30. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Honeydew: Spotting can be normal but it could also be a sign of something else. If you notice any more spotting that is more red then pink with cramping, I'd call your doctor or nurseline. If it becomes heavy bleeding with cramping, then definitely go into the doctors.

I have had spotting like this (light pink to brownish) occasionally. If you've had intercourse or a vaginal ultrasound or exam, this could also cause it!

Hope everything is well and drink lots of water! This is what the nurseline told me

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Honeydew: I would call the doctor. It can't hurt, and they're usually really good about addressing bleeding concerns. I hope it's nothing-lots of people bleed during pregnancy. That doesn't make it less scary, though, which is why I called.

Sending you sticky thoughts and prayers!

32. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Ugh, I've been feeling so sick the past few days. I'm 7w3d. I'm trying to eat more snacks because that's what everyone says helps, but I just had one and I think I feel worse! I don't know if this is what I would call nausea, because it's not like that. It just feels like something isn't sitting right in my tummy. I was feeling good for about an hour and I was able to get some stuff done around the house without feeling horrible, but now I'm back to being miserable.

In other news, my 1st appt is tomorrow!

33. pinkpeony921

olive / 58 posts

Thanks for the input ladies! I've definitely been doing small meals and just eating whatever sounds tolerable in the moment. The last two days have been opposite of the ones before- I've actually felt better in the morning and worse in the evening. Before, I didn't even want to get out of bed! Interesting how it all goes.

@wahine08: That's funny you mention sour things because I was surprised by the fact that I felt like I want sour things! I wanted lemonade, lemon ice, and pickles! Lime popsicles sound good. I will be trying those!

@Honeydew: I would call! Just to ease your mind at least. The nurse at my OB's office today told me to always call with a concern and to never feel bad about asking! Hope all is well!!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: That's pretty much how my days have been going as well! I always feel like I ate something bad. Not much longer with nausea, we hope...

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@wahine08: I'm trying a lime popsicle right now! Last night after I felt bad after dinner, I had a popsicle and felt much better!

@pinkpeony921: Hopefullly not much longer with , yes!

35. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Navy_Mommy that makes sense. Apparently they had a LOT of cleaning to do! hahaha

I would have to say my consistent symptoms are exhaustion and constipation. My ms comes and goes. Oh, and my boobs CONTINUE to grow!!! Even my husband said something about it the other day.... Unfortunately I know how they look when they will deflate again, it isn't pretty.

36. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

@MamaBehr: I just had to order all new bras! None of mine fit anymore...we're going on a cruise later this summer and I have a feeling I'll need all new bathing suits by then too....I look pretty scandalous in my current ones!

37. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: haha I told my husband I thought they were growing he didn't believe me till I put on my sexy bra & I was spilling out of it. His eyes got huge when I turned around.

I'm having mild cramps a twinges/pinches again. I'm assuming this is what it feels like when your uterus is streatching...5weeks 6days today!

38. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I had cramps and twinges through week 6. It feels funny!!

My boobs aren't growing a crazy amount but they're really full, like when I'm on AF.

Still fighting the nausea. My best friends are bagels with light spread, Dreyer's Outshine popsicles (Strawberry and Lime are my favorite! But I just saw there is coconut and that sounds amazinggg) Real lemonade (not crystal light)and sour candy still!

My enemies are anything with red sauce (pizza, pasta, so sad!) Saltines (even though I still eat these before bed and when I wake up) and coffee. I miss coffee

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

So...how are all the pregnant ladies feeling?? Thinking about you all

40. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I feel like crap. fighting back vomit :'(

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee