Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Labor Watch Thread

1. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: He's gorgeous!! Just perfect!

2. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Births
    Nov 9: sera_87 (#3) Theodore Hendricks
    Nov 12: lauren0187 (#1) Matilda Jane
    Dec 2: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) Mia & Carolina
    Dec 16 : Gracecat (#2) Laura
    Dec 29 : Worrywart (#2) Harrison Steven; Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) Lucas
    Jan 4: travellingbee (#2) William (Liam) Hudson

-----------------------------------------------
    Due Dates
    January 4: Karen (#2),
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1)
    January 8: civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: smith (#1)
    January 10: queensbee (#2) , Mrs.Grapefruit (#1), rsmom (#2)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2) , kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2) , ari123 (#1) Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3) , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

3. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

How are you all doing, @Karen, @lalalove, @mermaidri, @civicMom15, and @smith? You're due any day now! I will admit, I'm trying to live vicariously through other births until my little guy comes! 38 week appt and first cervical check tomorrow, and maybe an ultrasound on Thursday or Friday to check on baby size, cervical length, and fluid levels.

4. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

@desertdreams88 we are on the same schedule just about. I have my 38 wk check Friday. My BP stabilized with Meds and they are letting baby cook a little longer. This week has brought mild contractions so we will see how much longer!
    I am stalking the boards to check in on deliveries.

5. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@DesertDreams88: Thanks for asking! I can't BELIEVE how quickly these last few weeks have gone & I love creeping around these boards seeing how my fellow January mommas are holding up!

My first braxton hicks woke me up the last two nights at 4 a.m. so we're feeling a bit sleepy, but too anxious to get much rest. Still not dilated at all as of Monday, but saw a drop of blood tonight and I think something in there is changing! We'll see when the little guy decides to come on the scene ...

ETA I'm scared shitless. Feeling really unprepared for everything that's to come! But I think that's normal ... right?

6. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

We had the baby 1/5/16 at 4pm. Baby boy!! Still working on a name 😀 I had a planned csection for Friday but he decided to come earlier

7. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@brady80: wow congratulations!!!

8. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@brady80: yay congrats!

9. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@travellingbee: I missed your update! Congratulations!!

10. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@travellingbee: He is just perfect. LOVE the name

11. travellingbee

@Adira: @mrsjd: thank you!

Lots of boys in January!!

12. travellingbee

@Swoggette: I know! He is a chunk! His big brother had the same cheeks.

13. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@brady80: CONGRATULATIONS!

14. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@travellingbee: He is so, so darling! Love those cheeks AND his name Congratulations!!!

15. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@brady80: congratulations!!
    @travellingbee: he is so adorable!
    @smith: definitely normal to be scared! I'Ve done it before and am still feeling like I have no idea what's coming.

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@brady80: Congratulations!!!

17. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@brady80: congratulations on your baby boy!

@travellingbee: congratulations! He is such a cutie!!

18. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@brady80: Congratulations!

@smith: It is normal to be scared. I was terrified the first time, especially about becoming a parent, although also about something going wrong during delivery, and the pain (I am a wuss). This time I am just a little scared, especially about something going wrong during delivery. I am also nervous about an induction, and delivering a really big baby. I might have cried at my OB appointment this morning when we were discussing the induction.

19. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

Hi mommies and mommies-to-be, we welcomed our 2nd daughter on December 29, 2015. I had a great repeat c-section and a wonderful recovery at the hospital so I took the full 4 nights/ 5 days allowed by our insurance. Daddy was at home with big sister for the most part while I recovered at the hospital. Everything went smoothly and even better than I had hoped for. We came home on Saturday evening and I have been sleep deprived ever since but all worth it! Introducing Kinley Ly-An (pronounced like Lee Anne), she weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and was 19.5 inches long.

20. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Kimberlybee: Congratulations!

21. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@brady80: @Kimberlybee: congratulations!

22. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@brady80: Congratulations! Best of luck on choosing a name

@kimberlybee: Congratulations! So glad you had an excellent experience and what a cutie

23. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@Kimberlybee: She's so sweet! Congratulations! Glad to hear it was a good repeat c-section.

24. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@brady80: Hooray! That's so awesome that he came early.

@smith: I'm scared shitless, as well. And I've done this before! As far as the birth, I think it really helped me to read a lot of first birth stories that were positive in the last days, and I ended up going into it telling myself that everything was going to be just fine... and it actually was. When it comes to new parenthood, it's probably best to admit that you can't be prepared and plan to wing it

25. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@Kimberlybee: Adorable, congrats! I'm glad everything went well and I hope she lets you get some sleep soon.

26. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@mdf106: Thanks

@mrs.shinerbock: Thank you, congratulations to you too! Our kids were born on the same day. Hope you are feeling good.

@DesertDreams88: @gracecat: @cvwood: Thank you ladies. She's a really sweet and sleepy newborn but it's the middle of the night feedings that are keeping me up. Then keeping my 2 year old active and entertained during the day too so I am still trying to figure a good routine out. I feel good though, it's exactly what I knew would happen so no surprises there. Hope you all have a great New Years and looking forward to catching up on all the Jan due dates!

27. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Kimberlybee: Congratulations, she's beautiful!!!!

28. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I had false labor last night from midnight until 4 am, and I am so tired today. I am not having my most productive day at work. I had regular, but only mildly painful, contractions. I also had a lot of spotting during that time, so hopefully they were productive. And that I get a decent night's sleep before actually going into labor.

29. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@mdf106: That happened to me Sunday night, spotting and all. I thought for sure it meant I'd get started early, but now I'm back just normal, uncomfortable late pregnancy complaints. Ugh.

30. travellingbee

@mdf106: @cvwood: I hope your time is soon ladies! I'm surprised about spotting and not going into labor sooner. I never spotted except after cervical checks. I would have thought that was a great sign of impending labor.

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Kimberlybee: so sweet! Congratulations!!

32. travellingbee

@Kimberlybee: I missed this somehow! Congrats! What a cutie!

33. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Grace Evelyn Daly was born at 2:30pm today, via Vbac! My water broke at home around midnight, I got an epidural around 10am. Her heart rate dipped twice and the second time they rushed us into the OR. It was a total whirlwind but the team of doctors and nurses were incredible! They were able to get her out with three pushes and a vacuum. The birth wasn't hard, thanks to the epidural, but I have a lot of stitches and a hematoma. The doctor said in hindsight, my recovery would have been much easier with scheduled C. oh well! We are so in love with our sweet girl! And for now, llots of Percocet and Motrin...

34. travellingbee

@QueensBee: oh Yay!! Congratulations to you! Sorry about your tears. This LO's heart rate dipped real low too and at one point there was a frantic "get him out with this set of pushes." That's when they did the episiotomy.

35. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@QueensBee: Yay congratulations on your baby girl, those are 2 of my favorite names by the way (Grace and Evelyn). Percocet and Motrin are amazing! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

36. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@QueensBee: @LovelyPlum: @travellingbee: Thank you.

37. travellingbee

We need a post partum chat thread now with all of theses babies...

38. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@QueensBee: congratulations!

39. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Births
    Nov 9: sera_87 (#3) Theodore Hendricks
    Nov 12: lauren0187 (#1) Matilda Jane
    Dec 2: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) Mia & Carolina
    Dec 16 : Gracecat (#2) Laura
    Dec 29 : Worrywart (#2) Harrison Steven; Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) Lucas; Kimberlybee (#2) Kinley Ly-An
    Jan 4: travellingbee (#2) William (Liam) Hudson
    Jan 4: brady80 (#2) Name TBD
    Jan 8: Queensbee (#2) Grace Evelyn

-----------------------------------------------
    Due Dates
    January 4: Karen (#2),
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1)
    January 8: civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: smith (#1)
    January 10: Mrs.Grapefruit (#1), rsmom (#2)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2) , ari123 (#1) Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3) , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

40. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@QueensBee: Congratulations!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee